S74 All Star Week

HO Pass

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 03:50 PM by JohnnyPatey. Edited 1 time in total.)

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

When it comes to TPE, I do believe it has a lot to do with getting an all-star nod. I believe this because higher TPE means you are playing on the top line of a team, no matter what the position you may be playing. By playing on the top line of a team, you are clearly getting the most amount of minutes of time on ice, which will give you a better opportunity to be able to get the stats you need to be able to be picked. This may not be the case for all players with high TPE though, since some top players are on a bad team and they get absolutely waxed by other top teams, which causes their stats to be minimal, or in the case of +/-, negative stats which do not earn you an all-star spot. When you look at the all-star list, this shows from the minimal amount of players from teams like MON, TOR to name a few.
TPE+3
Words - 166

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Although I am not on Buffalo yet, these will be my future teammates, and the one that was an obvious choice was definitely Konstantin Selich. If you have not looked at the index recently, you may not know who that is, but they are clearly the points leader in the entire SHL, so of course they are a clear pick. Selich's linemate Lakemore, who is also an all-star was a main contributor why they made it from the 80 assists they achieved throughout the season. Selich finished the season with 127 points, which gave them 47 goals alongside those 80 assists I mentioned earlier. I expect Selich to perform during the all-star game, not just to show the talent on Buffalo, but to show the Western conference that the players from the Eastern conference are not to be messed with. Selich should finish with at least 2 points, and if they do not achieve that, I would say it would be a disappointment for them.
TPE+3
Words - 165

PBE affiliate claim - Username Patey - TPE+3

SMJHL milestones TPE+3

GM ASG Pass

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Simmer Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

AS Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Head of Recruitment Off-season Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

gm pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 11:22 AM by hockeyfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones Link Here: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465121

Code:
Code:
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

Unfortunately, if you have a lot of TPE on your player, your player will (or at least should) perform better in the sim than other players with less TPE. This is great for those who spent tireless hours doing All-Star Tasks like this one to gain TPE to put towards your player, but not good for those without such great TPE. It could take a lot of seasons to get your player to the All-Star game, if at all, and you need a lot of luck for that to happen too, such as playing on a good team. In real life, there are players who surprise and earn All-Star odds when you expect their TPE to be much lower, and for realism sake, I wish that could happen here in the SHL. I hope those that decide these things are looking at stats and not just TPE when picking the teams!

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

c. I think the team of Casey Fantobens and Base Pack from the Eastern Conference are going to have a lot more fun than their Western compadres. Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz just seem a bit too stuck up, plus they've all been there quite a few times already. Time to retire and give someone else a chance!

d. Ace Lightning should have made the All-Star game because he's like, the 70th best defenseman in the entire SHL. To do that in only his second season is pretty remarkable. He also had 16 goals as a sophomore, which was at least in the top 20, so that's impressive! Too bad he doesn't have any friends in the head office who could have made this happen.

+8 TPE

SMJHL GM Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

HO All Star Pass

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

GM pass

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 12:50 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

I LOVED the picks. Bergmark has been a major part of the Platoon success this season, and the previous ones. He already holds franchise records and should be one, if not THE, top scorer of the franchise. NYR73 is a leader in the locker room, he is a great member of our community and I love to see Erik getting points and the recognition that comes with it. Bergmark was phenomenal in the last games of the season.

To see Jay Bryzi picked is also a great move. Bryzi’s progression has been constant, playing big minutes in a very young D squad. Bryzi was tasked to handle the big lines, played on the first line, on the first wave of PK, and finished first in points for D for Baltimore. The Platoon did good, partly because of Bryzi’s effort. He deserves his 1st All-Star appearance for sure and it is fun to see him be the youngest player picked in this game. (162 words)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.
Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Milestones - 3 TPE this season!

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

2c. That one is tough. I love what Brzęczyszczykiewicz brought to the Panthers this season and Justin Time is reliable and helped Edmonton to become what they managed to achieve lately. But my picks would be Fantobens and Base Pack. I think the East was a better division this season and the East lineup is stacked with talent. You don’t want to play against that line. So will have more fun… definitely not the Western conference goalies. (76 words - 1 TPE)
2d. I don’t think Valieva should have been an all-star this season. Or will ever. My player is a very defense-oriented center and while I love her contribution to my team, it would be very unlikely she will make the playoffs one day. She managed to get on the SMJHL all-star team with Kelowna, but that was still a very different context. (62 words - 1 TPE)

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

S74 All-Star Week

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

I would say it’s an advantage to have a high number of players from the same team. They all come up having played the same system and have a feel for how each other plays. So there’s less work needed to adapt to the rest of the squad. Personally, I like seeing a varied number of all-star players from different teams. Otherwise you end up having the players from the top 2 teams in the league and some random scraps thrown in. It gives more people stuff to do as well.

1 TPE

Well seeing as Jussi Mutou made the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League all-star game (deservedly so) I’ll argue for a teammate. Two words: Leonard Wood. Why not add another member of the Colorado Raptors Legion of Boom. Finishing the season just shy of a point per game while playing 2nd line minutes, as well as sitting comfortably in the top 10 in hits (along with other Legion of Boom members Jussi Mutou and Xavier Beausoleil, as well as newfound L.O.B. member, Andrade La Sombra). There should be no doubt that Leonard Wood should be named to the All-Star game.

1 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

If fans didn’t know the name Shadow Fenix, they sure do now. Stapled firmly between Jussi Mutou and Xavier Beausoleil, the Raptors top line is a force to be reckoned with. Combining for 110 goals and 464 hits, the line was one of the deadliest with and without the puck all season long. Shadow Fenix has cemented himself as a top tier player in the league finishing with 41 goals and 52 assists for 93 points. He should garner some MVP votes, as well as the possibility of some DFoTY votes to head his way. The center lead the league in short handed goals, as well as having the best +/- of any forward in the league.
When it comes to the all-star game, you know the moment his line is on the ice, something magical is going to happen. Whether it’s a nasty short handed goal to deflate the Powerplay unit, a massive hit from one of his linemates, or a wicked snipe from the top of the circle from the man himself. Watch out!

3 TPE

I think it’s easy to look at TPE as the main reason for an all-star nod. There are a lot of high earners in the SHL all-star game. But let’s look at the SMJHL where the playing field is a little more leveled. Here, players don’t usually have the advantage of tons of TPE over the competition. 2nd year players are capped out at 350. 3rd and 4th year players are capped at 425. That’s not a big gap between players. So what does it come down to? You can have a ton of TPE, but as history has shown, if you’re not a super offence oriented player, you get left behind. No, the all-star game has always been about offence. If you start leaving the guys climbing the scoreboards behind, you get less flashy plays. Tell me when the last time you saw a flashy defensive play was? One that makes a Top 10 Highlights list? Never. Because defence isn’t flashy. My point is, offence makes the all-star.

3 TPE

TPE TOTAL: 8/8

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 07:48 PM by karey. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestone TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465353

+3 TPE
———-

Task: TPE All Star?
(209 words)

I'm so confused; how can TPE matter so much to players and their parents in an All-Star game? TPE does one thing, and that is to ensure the player with the most TPE has the highest odds of being a successful player. It doesn't guarantee it, but it provides as much opportunity for that player to be good. Therefore, the Ice ability of a player is independent of how much TPE they have; it depends on how they used whatever TPE they have. You can have very low TPE and be a successful player in the SHL, as well as be a high TPE player and not be too successful. This is because the game is hard to predict and random. Picking players based on TPE is a nice gesture to the hard work that goes into being an All-Star level player in the SHL, but it shouldn't be the factor that determines who enters the SHL and who doesn't. I’m sure there’s a reason for, but I can’t see it right now. I would hope that DP is never considered for All-Star game, but there should be some sort of award system for players who are highly dedicated to the league and have surpassed a certain TPE threshold.

————

Task: alternative all star logo
[Image: IMG_8803.png?ex=65c3163d&is=65b0a13d&hm=...861bfdffc&]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 03:01 PM by Hordle. Edited 1 time in total.)

I mean considering that the whole All Star line up is offensively focused people. Its pretty obvious that it matters a lot. Of course it's going to matter either way, but it very much looks like this years All Star selection was solely based on goals and assists. The higher your TPE is the more likely you are to get these things yes? So yeah, it's clear that it matters a lot. Granted it can be hard to see the other things that players give to their team in a simulation. Unlike real life you don't get to see the actual defensive play or the affect on having those players on the ice that motivate and defend the team. So in a way I can understand the selection and it's focus on actual stats. But I also feel like this is clear indication that defensive stats are overlooked. Either way, high TPE = better shot at All Star ranking. 

Milestones +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465222

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles