Create Account

S74 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 09:45 AM by ZootTX. Edited 1 time in total.)

Shl Shl Shl

Welcome to All Star Week! The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you please, but you will earn no more than 8 TPE.

The deadline is SUNDAY, JANUARY 28th at 11:59 PM PST.

Please copy/paste the prompts (including the # of TPE) into your post; it makes it much easier to grade and track.

This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only. If your player is S75 or S76, that's not you.

One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

FIND THIS SEASON'S LIST OF ALL STAR PLAYERS HERE

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S74 MILESTONES

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE, Best Foot Forward

Make a hype poster for your favorite forward line at this game! Include all three player renders, the fact that this is the all star game, at least one stat from each player, and your name for their line!

PROCRASTINATOR TASKS:

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Team Players (150 words min.)

All Star Game is over and [TEAM] won! Who was each team's MVP?

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE, The End, Bye Now
All Star Game is over and [TEAM] won! Create a game recap souvenir poster for the fans! Include stats and who won.

Once again this is due SUNDAY, JANUARY 28th at 11:59 PM PST

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

GM pass

GM pass

GM Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Gm pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 11:19 AM by sliceruser. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or
disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two
defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a. It is impressive these 2 teams were that good to have so many players appear in the all star game but i would in fact make the argument this is to their disadvantage because it
means that the conference as a whole is weaker then you would hope for in these festivities. I worry the west will lose because of this -61 words

b. I would say i am more interested in the East as far as defensemen goes, i feel like synergy built up between defensemen makes a big deal to how they perform and play and it
should translate over to the all star game. my bet remains on the East to shine in this regard.  - 54 words

c. This will be the first case i choose the west over the east. I do not believe either has an advantage in net but i do believe the East will shoot more shots and should
goaltender Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz get to play in net i am sure the audience will roar with applause as announcers and play by play attempt to say such a crazy name -65 words

d.  Alexandros not making the all-star game was expected as it is their rookie season and they entered the SHL a season early to assist in Chicago’s last shot at the cup. It is for these reasons however that I believe Alexandros should have made the all-star game for despite having nothing expected of them and playing on the 3rd line this season he put up a respectable 22 goals and 47 points adding in a +6, worthy of some recognition!  -80 words

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG?
(If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far,
write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The only player on the Chicago Syndicate that I am are of to make the all-star team was first line center Dave Heinrich. Dave has only 1 previous all-star appearance before this season but was absolutely a no brainer choice for Chicago’s pick into the game. Despite just entering their regression phase Dave has just come off their best ever season in terms of points and goals with 98 and 43 respectfully. In previous seasons Chicago has been a force to be reckoned with and despite a decent regular season they are very much on the down swing so to see such a dominant season from any of our players is stellar and would firmly put them in the conversation even if we had multiple invitees going. I expect that do to their declining TPE amount that they will be put on a lower line for the game but I expect them to put up some points and prove Chicago has some life left in us.     -166 words

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

milestones   1 TPE

GM pass

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

GM pass

GM Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

GM pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 01:37 PM by Vulfzilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

SMJHL Milestones Link 
SMJHL Milestones /// +3

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I think there is a pretty big correlation between TPE and an all-star nod. Because, in my estimation, the more TPE you have, the better your player is, the better your stats are, the better your chances are to getting selected to the all-star team. I'm gonna be one hundred percent  honest I don't even know how the all star rosters are decided but im guessing its just based on stats and stuff? I don't remember actually voting for all-stars at any time.  I think its fine for it to be set up the way it is, because i mean how else are you gonna do it? Are you gonna pick shitty players for all-stars? If you don't like the higher tpe players getting all-star nods, then get yourself more tpe. its that simple.  But while we're on the subjects the actual playing of an all-star game is kinda silly. Just name an ALL-SHL team or something. Save everybody some time.
WC 161

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

HO ASW pass

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Code:
Code:
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

a. I think the team chemistry will help the west, but might come at the expense of some of the fun that comes from watching different pairings or lines. I do not think it makes the all star game necessarily worse, but I think some of the appeal gets lost when only taking from a handful of teams.

WC: 57

d. I think as the leading scorer for the SMJHL, it would fun and humbling to see how Langston Hardison-Laurent’s scoring abilities match up against the best SHL goalies. It would be an interesting crossover event that I think LHL is not even eligible for, but would still be a solid data point nonetheless.

WC: 53

Code:
Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay is the starting line 1 center for the Aurora and led the Winnipeg Aurora in powerplay goals and was in the three-way tie for the most in the season for the entire SHL. MST almost had 100 points, making me, who had them in fantasy, very happy in their first year in Winnipeg, having been on Chicago before this. I expect them to continue leading the charge for the Western All-Stars, but not giving away the secrets to the Aurora success on uneven situations. This being MST’s 3rd appearance at the All Stars, we are hoping that they have a few more in them as the young prospects hope to work with MST when they come up from Juniors. MST will likely by under center for the West and looking for a little bit of vengeance after losing the Challenge Cup and seeing so many other members of Aurora not selected for the ASG.

WC: 156

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)

Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Lord Farquaad should be one of the last players in from the Western Conference as the player with the 3rd most Shorthanded goals and the most from the Western Conference. Adding to this that Farquaad spearheaded the Aurora playoff push with still scoring on the penalty kill. Granted Farquaad had a down year from the previous season, but most of Winnipeg struggled compared to previous ones as the core ages. Still Farquaad had the second most points on the team and helped propel the roster to the cup final with a very good plus/minus. Adding in that I feel a little bad that he lost out on getting Princess Fiona and the Winnipeg roster is likely aging out, this would have been one of the last opportunities for Farquaad to be on the all-star team. That being said, I think Farquaad is playing very well for his age and should be rewarded for that.

WC: 154

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig