Create Account

PT1: Offseason

[Image: ups1D5Y.png]
<a href='index.php?showuser=2102' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>xfactorx121</a>

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

[Image: finn.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

The biggest change for the New England Wolfpack this offseason was the sign-and-trade of defender Mattias Holmberg, who had joined the Wolfpack two seasons earlier in a similar deal with the Portland Admirals. Interestingly, the Wolfpack sent a first round pick to the Admirals in the deal, and a first round pick is what they got back in their sign-and-trade deal. Also interesting here is the fact that the Wolfpack had Holmberg for two seasons, and the contract signed by Holmberg on his way to Seattle was also a two-year deal, meaning the entire trade is essentially a wash - although New England has a cup to show for the whole endeavor. While it's going to be hard for New England to replace him on the blue-line, moving Toivo Kosonen up to his spot on the second pairing should help to ease the transition and take some of the edge off of losing a guy like Holmberg this season. But as to what the future holds for the Wolfpack and what it holds for Holmberg on his new team - well that remains to be seen. One thing's for certain - when these two teams meet for the first time this season and Holmberg gets the chance to face off against his former team, it's going to be an interesting matchup in which both sides feel they have something to prove.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

This off season was quite the change for Mark Harter. This off season marked the first time the 12 year veteran switched logos and entered a new locker room. He left the pit of dispair known as the Toronto North Stars stuck in the rut of their cupless streak and entered the locker room of the Portland Admirals. Portland is another team who has struggled but they still hold their expansion team title so it has been a long process. They just missed out on playoffs last season and they have made great strides to get even better.

Surrounded by controversy, many considered the Admirals were selling their youth and future for experienced veterans and regressing old players. Mark Harter is the main example of this. Obviously the biggest goalie acquisition of the offseason who hit free agency, he is taking the place of Wally who is only 200 TPE behind and will miss out on some valuable developing playing time to the veteran.

Another move made was trading a first round pick for veteran regressing sniper Chernika Banananov who will add goal scoring pouce to the young top 6. Losing a potential top prospect for a proven goal scorer gives them a great jump in offense while the back end also took a big boost.

The Jets Offseason was so very long. Oh so long. When you miss the playoffs it becomes long and uneventful while all the other kiddies are having fun. There weren't many offseason moves made. The Jets were able to draft two forwards in the draft. Left Winger Stefan Digrio and Right Winger Riley Jacko.

After the trade deadline acquisitions the Jets were one of the hottest teams in the league and were mounting a monumental comeback to come up just shy of making the playoffs. They needed maybe 2 extra games to and they would be in! and then who knows what happens then!

But, coming up just short...we had a lot of time to stew and think. I think management felt that because of how well the team was doing, they didn't need to make any acquisitions. I am sure they went after multiple free agents, but with no luck.

One of the major changes in the offseason was Atlas stepping down from GM. Nereus slid into the main role, and Zach Evans has been called up to take on his old role. So Nereus and Evans are our new leaders...so, hopefully there isn't a big adjustment period and the Jets can start with the winnings again.

[Image: XxWkl7h.png]

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

The Toronto North Stars finished S33 as the 3 seed in the East and a matchup with the 2 seeded West Kendall Platoon. They quickly swept the Platoon and moved on to face the powerhouse New England Wolfpack. They lost a heartbreaking series in 7 and it was another disappointing finish to the season. North Stars upper management vowed to make some major changes in the off-season in hopes of finally bringing a Challenge Cup to the city of Toronto.

The biggest change for S34 will undoubtedly be at the goaltender position. A position that had been locked down for years with superstar netminder Mark Harter. Harter left Toronto in the off-season for the up start Portland Admirals. S31 draftee Jeff Kirkstone will be filling the future Hall of Famers shoes and it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Kirkstone will have to be crucial to the North Stars success if they're going to have any chance at winning a Cup. The Stars also brought in veteran forward Zalleras Szlercheck in a trade with the Edmonton Blizzard. Szlercheck brings leadership and physicality to the Stars top 6. Former first overall pick Robb Wind left Buffalo to sign in Toronto. He will surely be a contributor to the North Stars offensive attack. Troubled winger Reed Laing also signed with the Stars after being bought out by the Admirals. Hopefully for Toronto's sake she gets her head on straight because she has the potential to be a true game changer.

Will these changes finally lead to the long awaited Challenge Cup? Only time will tell.

The New England Wolfpack had a franchise altering draft this off-season. With a need for youthful centres, they went out and grabbed 3, that's right, 3 centres in the first round alone! While many questioned the reasoning behind this logic others recognize it's hard to argue with success and the Wolfpack have had that.

They took Xander Green, the star rookie out of Prince George at 4th overall, Brett Kennedy, the Whalers? centre 6th and Vesa Perhonen, the Militia rookie at 14th, despite his struggles last season.

The reigning SHL Champions lost Mattias Holmberg sadly, due to a sign and trade. Holmberg was an instrumental member of the playoff run this past season.

Green, a native of Exeter, United Kingdom, has the look of an elite level playmaker, making sure he'll fit right in with the pass-friendly Wolfpack because, if you're not sharing the puck, you're probably an asshole. (Looking at you Dickbutt)

Kennedy, from Asheville, North Carolina (not where Ash Ketchum is from, apparently) is a power forward. This means he's going to protect his friends from the evil do-ers of the SHL! So beware, other teams!

Perhonen is a playmaker from Finland, his progression is slower than the other two and he's probably just going to be an all around great guy.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

With the second overall pick in the S34 SHL draft, the texas renegades took Kelowna knights defenseman, Eddie Andrezjeck. Eddie had 6 goals and 22 assists in his first SMJHL season and was a +12 with 24 penalty minutes, 56 his and 47 shot blocks in 21 minutes of play. Eddie is currently third on the Knights with 9 goals and 8 assists for 17 points in S34.

With the first pick of the third round, the texas renegades took forward Luca Meier from the Halifax Raiders. Meier played in only 24 games during the season and recorded 3 goals and 2 assists for 5 points and was a +4. He had 6 penalty minutes, 15 hits, 36 shots and 3 shot blocks while getting 14 minutes per game. This season, Meier has 4 goals and 2 assists.

Texas resigned a lot of their own free agents this offseason starting with the big resigning of renegade legend Liam Kinsler. Other forwards that signed on the dotted line were Geoffrey allen, jack durden, alexander charlyb’y. Texas also locked up bjornsson for another season as they get ready to prep Pel to take over in net the following season. The on again, off again defensive pair of Vlad Lidstrom and Lord Vader each signed on for another 3 and 4 seasons respectively.

It was a steady but effective offseason for the Los Angeles Panthers. They began by signing some big name players including goalie Timo Haas and defenseman Johnny Cahill to new contracts that will keep them with the Panthers for seasons to come. Perhaps the biggest move the Panthers made in the offseason was the trade of defenseman Marc-Andre Malkin to the Portland Admirals for a return of two future first round draft picks. From the Panthers perspective this move made a lot of sense, with a lot of young defensive talent on the blueline they were able to get a very strong return for Malkin and still maintain a solid core of defensemen. The Panthers also worked to keep their offense moving forward into the future, using their only pick at the S34 SHL draft to select Matthew Auston a young center from the St. Louis Scarecrows who can play the puck comfortably in all three zones, as well as signing Halifax Raiders center Brandon Gauthier to a three season contract extension. Gauthier is spending S34 with the Raiders before joining the Panthers next season as a rookie, and Auston will likely follow him to the team soon after. All in all, the Panthers had a measured offseason, but ultimately one that cements their future and builds on the strong foundation the team already has heading forward.

Code:
227 words.

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

The Seattle Riot offseason was long, but not as long as some other teams, because we were lucky enough to make the playoffs and have two extra days of games. The end.

[Image: APkOomF.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2532' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TheRealBK</a>

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

An excerpt from the Portland Memorial Sports Section, “Pre-season Musings with Portland Admirals Forward Alex Reed”.

I think the biggest change heading into this season, and frankly, something that really rocked our locker-room, was Lainger leaving. I’d be lying if I said I understood the entire situation, as these contract disputes can get messy, but we were all taken aback by it.

And I’d also be lying, if I said I wasn’t a little hurt by it. The way I was raised, your word is your bond. If you say you’re going to do something, you do it. She was one of my best friends on the team, hell, she’d been with me since the Raiders - and at that moment, I felt like I didn’t know heranymore.

It hit Kaisey too. More than he’d like to admit, I’m sure, but deep down it rocked him. You form bonds. Brotherhoods, sisterhoods – family. It hurts. But you move forward. You move on with the ones you still have, grow and learn from this and move forward. We have a lot to be excited about this season, and we hope to build on our improvements from last season.

Sigh. I’ll miss her. No more K-R-L. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Apr 21 2017, 01:12 PM
[Image: APkOomF.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2532' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TheRealBK</a>

ily <3

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Apr 21 2017, 02:13 PM
The Seattle Riot offseason was long, but not as long as some other teams, because we were lucky enough to make the playoffs and have two extra days of games. The end.
I'll laugh so much if they give you all the points.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance