Create Account

PT1: Offseason

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Written: Talk about your teams offseason. Did you have an exciting draft? A big free agent signing? One of your core guys retire? Must be 200 words.

Graphics: Make a sig for one of the new additions to your team, whether it be draftee, FA or traded player. Must include player name and a render.

You will receive three Capped TPE for this PT.

Deadline: Monday 24th, 7PM EST

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

[Image: egBuJXm.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The Texas Renegades got the ball rolling on the off-season by adding 2 draft picks, selected in the first and third rounds- Eddie Andrezjeck and Lucas Meier (2nd and 29th overall respectively- after being ripped off as hell for the first overall selection). With Andrezjeck the Renes gain a sure fire stud defenseman (I mean the guy already has 369 TPE!Wink, who will likely move up sooner than later, with the blue liners in TEX aging. Meier is essentially an uknown, someone who likely won't ever be counted on by TEX to turn into something... so it's 1 apparent win, and 1 apparent long shot.

Texas needed a win in the draft, with their lack of picks in a year when they really could have used them after their poor finish the year prior. It's clear the biggest jumps in team quality are going to come from within. Conklin Owen looks to finally have a break out year after passing 1000 TPE and being slated for a top line spot on the squad. Rick James will continue to garner a larger role on the squad, approaching 1k TPE himself, and remaining on the 2nd line for the 2nd straight year. Jack Durden will move back up to the top line Center, after playing the past few years at D, hoping to boost the offensive prowess of a team who struggled in that regard last year- and it will be Adam Kaiser stepping in to take his place on the back end, the team has high expectations from the newly elevated defenseman. The team hopes to get more out of Beau Bent this coming season as well, as the young center looks to improve on his previous preformances, and gains on 600 TPE.

It truly is a year where Texas is looking for growth from within, developing their own talent rather than running out into FA trying to buy a team. With greater chemistry, and frankly, some better luck, S34 will be a much more successful season, finding the Renegades climbing out of the basement of the league and back up into playoff contention, where they've got a history of belonging (even if only to be eliminated in the first round by Edmonton).

<div align="right"><a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Durden</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Kaisonious</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1883' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>RHolder71</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=41' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>JumpierPegasus</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=497' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>AAndrews19</a></div>

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

237 words

The Texas Renegades had a disappointing season last year, but their offseason was anything but. Before the draft even took place General manager Geoffrey Allen made his intentions clear that they would be adding some young talent to their core this upcoming season and told SMJHL stars Vasily Horvat and Adam Kaiser that they had better pack their bags and find accommodations in the lone star state because they would be playing for the Renegades for the SHL season. Both Horvat and Kaiser had found success in the SMJHL, Horvat with two Four Star Cup rings and Kaiser securing one himself. When Geoffrey Allen was asked what he thought these two kids could bring to the table, he replied "A winning attitude and a kind of cocky swagger that this team may have lacked a little bit last season. We hope that these two young stars can inject some of that into some of our older more experienced players and maybe kick start that passion for winning within them."

Along with Horvat and Kaiser joining the club this upcoming season, the Renegades also drafted young phemon Eddie Andrezjeck to add to the pool of talented young players the Renegades already have. Andrezjeck has at least one more season in the juniors to develop before making the jump and playing with the big dogs in the SHL, but when he does, expect him to make an immediate impact.

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Apr 17 2017, 02:26 PM
[Image: egBuJXm.png]

Jfc that's beautiful sorry for commenting in the PT thread

[Image: OaSEcaw]

We had a long offseason after falling short of the playoff race. Individually, this was my best offseason TPE-wise, but as a team it was pretty mediocre. Picking up Rambo in the 2nd round of the entry draft was pretty cool, as he was on the team when I got drafted tot he Chiefs. After recreating into a defenseman I feel like he will be a big part in the team's future.

The preseason was okay because we looked slightly better than last season but we were still a game under .500 and have a lot of work ahead. Anderson, Garbanzo and Flacko are our veteran leaders and continued to perform in high levels. The young guys, who are now in their second season showed improvements too compared to where they were in their last preseason. We look better offensively as a team, well better than last season and that is a good sign going forward.

Improvements are good in any pace, especially for a very young team like such and I feel like we got a little better... even on the defensive end. I feel like we bonded as a team too this offseason, as some guys patiently waited actively in the lockerroom and scrimmages before the training camp. Halfdan Thorstein is a key player to watch at the start of the season, he is coming off a big post-season in the SMJHL. The right winger has made drastic improvements to his game; looking strong on the first line with Flacko and Iqbal at the end of the offseason.

Doubt is a dream killer

<a href='index.php?showuser=1984' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Beaty</a>
[Image: 33veq91.png]

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

The Texas Renegades spent the offseason throwing a massive pity party after a shit season. Rick James welcomed us all to the China Club and made sure we had plenty of nose candy and fine honeys to take our minds off of our terrible season. Coach/player Beau Bent did his best to give us a positive approach to next season by promising the benching sieve Bjornsson and the starting future superstar Georgette Pel. Lazy ass GM Allen did his best to do fuck all throughout the offseason but HO got on his ass about drafting and stuff.

There were many late night chats among the players and defencemen Black, Vader and Lidstrom all vied to be Stevens finalists while Bukšs outright promised to win the trophy. Jack Durden and Geoffrey Allen also said they would win the Stevens until Captain Kinsler told them that they couldn't win that because they suck and aren't defencemen. They now have a friendly wager on which one of them will win the Jesster trophy this season, good thing they're beautiful because they ain't got much going on upstairs.

It was during this month long party that we were handed another heavy blow when we found out that Rick Jame's good friend Darkness aka Charlie Murphy passed away after a heroic battle with leukemia. During this upcoming season the Renegades will honour Darkness and his family by wearing Fuck Leukemia badges on their uniform. This season is for you Charlie!!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

What an offseason.. Sadly it started too fast for us, but ehh.. That's life and that's hockey. I remember some things and some i don't (it's a bad thing to drink beer over vodka), but the offseason was great. First of all, for me it was really nervous. Had my first IHF tournament representing my native land - Latvia. Just had my rookie season ending, didn't even had any chance to get some more experience by fighting in the play-offs, but the bam. A call from Latvia general manager and not even an offer, more like an order! Sadly didn't made the playoffs there too, but that only means that we have some place to grow and improve. I know we'll get them next time!
And then there was the other really important thing. I got drafted in to SHL! Just lika my father Emils, i got drafted nr. 10th, but if he got drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks, i got drafted by Manhattan Rage. I can't wait till i can wear their colors and bring the cup to Manhattan!
But now, enough remembering what happened in the offseason. The time has come to fight in the new season! Playoffs and the cup, here we come!

205 words

It was a great offseason for everyone here in Hamilton. We got lucky and won the draft lottery with Winnipeg's first round pick that we traded for earlier this season.On top of that we already owned Minnesota's first round pick this season which ended up being 3rd overall. Needless to say we were pretty happy with having 2 of the top 3 picks. We used those selections to add Jakub and Wozy to the Steelhawks family and we were even lucky enough to add Jimmy Wagner with our second rounder. We got some of the best prospects this draft had to offer at every position. Then we made a trade with Edmonton to acquire Isaac Kaiser in exchange for a second round pick in season 35. Kaiser is a young player that has a tonne of potential and a second round pick was a small price to pay for a player that we believe can be a solid contributor for many seasons to come. On top of that the second rounder we traded away was one that we acquired in a trade at the S33 draft when we traded down from the first round. Our active corps keeps growing and developing and it's really great to see. It's only a matter of time now until the Steelhawks become serious contenders in the SHL.

The Manhattan Rage missed the playoffs in S33 on a tiebreaker, and had much time to consider how and why they choked away a playoff spot by losing 5 of their last 6 games.

However, the team was not looking to make any huge changes, and most of the roster from S33 remains unchanged. The team is still seeing growth from many of their young studs like Harry Hans, and Ace Redding, as well as their goaltenders Jason Aittokallio and Ekaterina Rudnikova.

The few moves they did make all should help the team. First, the team dealt away stud Zalleras Szlerchek, a FA signing in S33, to TOR for a 1st round pick, which was good because they had previously traded away that their own lottery pick a couple seasons previously.

However, Szlerchek's spot was quickly replaced as the team signed Tommy Creller to a 2-season contract. The ex-Rage returns to the team where he won his first Cup, and expectations are high that he will provide both an emotional spark and see some improved two-way play.

With the Draft pick they acquired in the Big Z trade, the Rage targeted Hermanis Villy, who they predict will be able to shore up their defense corps in a couple seasons. The Latvian defender projects to be a top 4 defender in the future, and helps address an area of weakness on the team.

The team made one more move, which was trading veteran Clayton Goode to POR in exchange for Barak Obrana, a younger and stronger defender, whose pre-season play hinted at a stabilizing influence for a team which struggled with its goals against in S33.

So a few little tweaks but obviously the management is confident that S33 was an aberration, and that they have a team which can win now.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

After two straight Challenge Cup Finals appearances, the Calgary Dragons found themselves going through a bit of turnover. First off, long time defenseman Chris Johnson retired. That move was slightly unexpected, though not entirely. Then the draft came, and Calgary found themselves really wanting a prospect. One they felt would be a KILLER addition to the Dragons future. Sadly, Calgary was unable to move up in the draft to take that player. But then good luck struck anyway, and Finn Larsson, a player we never expected to be there at 13 when we picked, fell to us! We also took Emiya Shirou, a player with a boatload of potential, if he ever tries to reach it. After the draft, Tommy Creller left us and went to Manhattan. We knew of his desire to finish his career there, so that wasn’t fully unexpected either. Finally, the last roster move we made was calling up Sepp Reiter from juniors. Reiter was the SMJHL points leader last year, and calling him up was a certainty.

There was a bit more turnover in Calgary than usual, but the Dragons look to have another awesome season in the tank. Thanks to some great managing and nailing some draft picks, the Dragons look to contend for a third straight finals appearance!

215 words

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

[Image: viOphMf.jpg]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

<div align="center">Changes in Edmonton</div>

The offseason in Edmonton was far from quiet, and commentator’s can’t seem to agree on whether the changes were positive or not. After receiving word that Pedro Sarantez would test free agency, the team shipped him to the Portland Admirals in a package that saw the once-touted Kowalski come to the Blizzard. Although patching a hole on their second line, the move was a clear downgrade for the Blizzard, losing the star quality of Sarantez, fresh off of a 69 point season. Things seemed to take a turn for the better, however, as the Blizzard were able to effectively acquire a first round draft pick, traded by the previous administration, in order to land top prospect Roddy Hawkins.

The team also drafted Janis Doro and Barholomew Cechove, although they have yet to put pen to paper on their agreed contract for Doro. Following that, they acquired the stalled Harper Wright. In one off-season, the team went from no prospects and little youth to boasting four -- although only two appear to be in line for eventual SHL ice-time, as Wright may have lost interest in hockey, while Doro may be looking beyond the SHL entirely. It appears that the new tandem of managers, entering into their second season this year, are attempting to break with Edmonton’s long tradition of trading away picks and prospects in order to restock their top lines. Whether or not this strategy will work is another story entirely, as the amount of ‘surefire’ prospects is fairly limited, and lacking a first round selection in next season’s draft won’t make it any easier.

It would be impossible to discuss the Blizzard off-season without also considering the brief, but controversial stint of Isaac Kaiser with the team. Traded for alongside Reinis Aumeinsters, Kaiser was brought to the team with the hope that he could provide a spark to the Edmonton locker room, with the hope that he - along with some other acquisitions - might be able to bring the team back to its usual, lively state, with many players keeping quiet and only speaking up occasionally after practice. However, it was clear from the moment he received the call that he did not have an interest in the team, or indeed playing in the West after his stay in Portland period, and he was soon moved to Hamilton for a second round selection. Although the team did not suffer a severe loss in assets, gaining back effectively what they traded in the first place, it was nonetheless a disheartening moment for both general managers.

As of now, it appears that many of Edmonton’s hopes ride upon its key acquisitions this off-season. As their would-be first round selection, Roddy Hawkins is in line to be the future of the Edmonton defensive corps. With both Stinson and Windsor getting up there in age, the top line of Edmonton in a few seasons may well see Hawkins lined up alongside Ryan Vas, or perhaps another new acquisitions. Only time will tell, and this off-season was just one small step in a larger rebuilding process. The future could be bright for the team, with a star defensive prospect in the works -- but it doesn't take much for a promising start to a rebuild to go off the rails.

Arrival at the Pack.

This offseason was a big one for me personally, going into the draft I really wanted to end up in New England, and while I tried my best to let others know, you can never be sure if it actually happens. When looking at the New England roster up front, I noticed they did not have a lot of actual centers, but just wingers with points in face offs. While this was enough for them to win championships, I felt there would be room for me down the middle and that I would fit right in with them.
So far it has been nothing but fun and New England is a really great place to start my career at. Even though I still have some seasoning to do with the Firebirds, I know that New England will be the next stop in my career. Next to myself we added more depth at center with Brett Kennedy, Vesa Perhonen, Future Considerations and Future Considerations. So I know I can not slip up and let things go. I need to stay sharp if I want to reach a top 6 center position, so the Wolfpack couldn’t have drafted better if you ask me. The abundance of centers makes there is no room for error, just the challenge I like.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)