Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Surprises

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Oct 21 2017, 03:45 PM
[b]- Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

Everyones talked about Hamilton (and rightfully so) so ill point out West Kendall currently sitting at 14-5 and dominating the league. While its not hard to believe they are doing well with all that young talent... its noteworthy to point out that theyve had trouble in recent seasons with cohesion on the ice...and allocating that talent to the right spots in the lineup. this season its all clicking for WKP.[/b]
Last I checked they were 2nd overall and 0-2 against Seattle B)

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

- Which SHL rookie's performance has had the biggest influence on their team's performance so far (good or bad)?

Jack Hansen has seamlessly stepped into the SHL, playing huge minutes for a Toronto North Stars team that is currently in a playoff spot. Avergaing almost 27 minutes per game, the rookie has not looked out of place, putting up 13 points to go along with 45 hits and 37 shot blocks.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Which SHL rookie's performance has had the biggest influence on their team's performance so far (good or bad)?

Robert Phelps, a Hamilton Steelhawks rookie forward is almost a point per game at 17 pts in 19 games and is playing extremely well, easily the best rookie this season. He is providing secondary scoring for the Steelhawks and will be a massive reason why, if they continue playing the way they are; surprise and make the playoffs.

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Quote:Originally posted by Tylar@Oct 21 2017, 03:38 PM
Which SHL rookie's performance has had the biggest influence on their team's performance so far (good or bad)?

Robert Phelps, a Hamilton Steelhawks rookie forward is almost a point per game at 17 pts in 19 games and is playing extremely well, easily the best rookie this season. He is providing secondary scoring for the Steelhawks and will be a massive reason why, if they continue playing the way they are; surprise and make the playoffs.
That's what happens when you come up through a great franchise like the Whalers tbh.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by cpetrella@Oct 21 2017, 10:33 AM
[b]- Based on their performance so far, which SMJHL team had the best S37 draft, and why?

I would have to say that PGF has had the best S37 draft if we are solely talking about performance. Their rookies have stepped up in big ways. In fact, the also have the leading rookie scorer in Paddy Kane-Rielly, with 17 points in 19 games.[/b]

omg someone didn't say something bad about us. ty friendo.

On another note, I really thing Phelps has been a huge addition to Hamilton. He's one of the reasons for our success thus far with 17 points in 19 games. He's on pace for rookie of the year, as well.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

- Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

I would say that the wolfpack is the most likely to come back during the season, they did it last season and they have a team that would also be able to do it.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

- Based on their performance so far, which SMJHL team had the best S37 draft, and why?

This was a deep draft which helped many teams in the LR... but if were talking performance based then Prince George gets my vote. While the other teams have incorperated the rookies into there system.. PGF is thriving with them in it.. which includes a player like Paddy Kane-Rielly who has 17 points in 19 games and Brendan Kally whos in double digits in points... these players have become part of the core reason why this team is 12-5-2 and sitting in 3rd place.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

I am hoping the LA Panthers will get in over Calgary in the West. LA has some great players in their final year and it would be a great story if the could make the playoffs after losing some players the last couple off seasons in free agency.

Good Luck LA!

I'm surprised that LAP is out of the playoffs so far. They're a solid team that should be in the hunt, but right now, aren't. They'll get there if NYR stops being a bum.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

New England will definitely pick up again and make the playoffs. All we need to do is trade away star players like last year

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

For me, the St. Louis Scarecrows have had the most unexpected season. They're currently sitting at 6th in the league. In reality, I think they have a lot going on that will have them end the season ranked much higher in the standings, including being considered a top contender at the end of the season. The Scarecrows drafted well in the S37 draft and picked up some solid members to complement an improving roster. These new pick-ups coupled with some of the great players already on the team, and some of the big trades they have made should start to pay off in the second half of the season where they should surge to a top team in the league.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

- Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

Manhattan easily, it's not even about being a Homer here. The Rage have simply been playing better hockey than the box scores say. We are simple due for a turn around of luck!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Quote:Originally posted by Green@Oct 22 2017, 09:30 AM
New England will definitely pick up again and make the playoffs. All we need to do is trade away star players like last year

I volunteer Ninja

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Gotta get my homer picks in

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Oct 21 2017, 10:23 AM
- [b]Which SHL rookie's performance has had the biggest influence on their team's performance so far (good or bad)?

- Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

- Based on their performance so far, which SMJHL team had the best S37 draft, and why?[/b]

- Honestly, without Louie Garrett being on the 3rd line, I'm not sure Seattle would be having as good a season as they are. He's been lighting the lamp there with CK and Church, and I don't see that stopping. Maybe if he had Phelp's minutes he'd be as impressive there Ninja

- checks standings past 1st place where the Riot are Los Angeles and it's not even close. All the remaining teams out of the picture have double digit negative goal differentials, and I'm really hoping the Calgary stumble that didn't happen las year will come twofold this year to make up for it. Edmonton and San Fran are basement teams, and the East is such a crapshoot I'm not even going to try and guess what's going to happen there.

- I really didn't expect Los Angeles to be out of the playoffs right now, nor did I expect Calgary to be in. That's my biggest shock. Hamilton's got stars on the rise, so this should have been expected in the next few seasons. That's just a sign of things to come.

- Zero clue, I'd really have to invest time to find out more about the SMJHL climate right now. Hopefully the Knights, Militia, and Scarecrows do well Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Green@Oct 22 2017, 01:30 AM
Guess that means you are safe. Ninja

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]