Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Change

Quote:Originally posted by BarnabasCollins@Jun 2 2018, 09:56 AM
The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?

Without a shadow of a doubt I think <a href='index.php?showuser=1546' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slappydoodle</a> should apply for the head office job. As someone who's been there done that I believe his status as a respected member of the site and being one of the most level headed people on here would make him a perfect fit. He always thinks out his posts on important issues and states his thoughts with a clarity and empathy that is lacking on the site.

I applied for it once before. It was when they let members vote on it. Avakael beat me by one vote and has served well in the role ever since. Goes to show thw wisdom of the people.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

As far as Head Office I think the league in good shape. The HO round up posts combined with the new rules banning people from mocking disabilities is good.

I don't know that I have a suggestion for HO other than JP if he would wanna do that again. Dude is a great contributor to the league.

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Jun 2 2018, 11:58 AM
[b]

Off-season seems a little too short and rushed now, at least from a GM standpoint, could be a few days longer. More importantly though I think the reg.season is too short, 25 days is 3.5 weeks, which means we're only on PT#2 at the trade deadline and PT#1 was just graded today at the deadline. The last update for reg.season is this weekend and players only have one PT claim in their updates. That's not good. With such a short reg.season there's not much tpe available in-season this year for people to make changes in their builds, etc. The season could be 4 full weeks, 28-30 days minimum, perhaps allowing for 4 PT's in-season. Or PT#1 should come earlier, right after the draft. Hopefully we look at this in the off-season and make improvements.

Draft was May 7th. PT#1 was not posted until May 22nd. That's way to long of a gap, now we're behind on things with only 17 of 40 cap going into the last week of the season. We can definitely improve that next year.[/b]

I like the the pace.... but this is easily the biggest problem with the shortened season .... there is been no TPE available and no opportunity for a player to look over their builds and make adjustments before the playoffs.... for teams... how you started is probably how You will end up and that’s unfortunate.

Moving forward, the league should add additional point tasks during the week or increase the value of the current point tasks to make up for the lack of TPE being generated

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

-The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?

I believe I would be the best addition the HO could make. I know the best people and can come up with the best policies. I would make the SHL great again with my immense knowledge and experience.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Code:
HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

There would be a lot of options for an All-Star Game into the SHL Schedule and how it can be shown to the site. In the past the site has done EA NHL versions of the game. And the NHL 04 mod can create some wonderful surprises as well with the gameplay. With Exhibition games it would have to be cross-site as playing SMJHL is no fun. Having exhibition games with teams from the GOMHL or VHL etc. would be an interesting thing to see.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Wikiplaysgames and kit should be the top names up for joining HO in the future, their unique perspectives would shake things up!

If it were up to me to pick the newest member of the SHL HO team, id select <a href='index.php?showuser=1263' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>kit</a>. He could provide the league with some life and not keep the status of the HO being stoic butt munches. For that reason give me #Kit4HO

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

I believe <a href='index.php?showuser=2614' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-62'>Clint Eastwood</a> should be given an HO position. He is universally loved and deserves that job and more because I love him.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

Quote:HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

I think this would be an awesome inclusion. Exhibition games I care less about, but something like the NHL does for the all-star game would be awesome. Two captains are selected and they draft their team based on players voted into the game. I also think doing it at the halfway mark of the season instead of during the off-season would create more interest and better exposure.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

Personally I think that I should be considered for HO but never will be because it just a big friend group.

I think it would be interesting to add in all star games by extending the season by one day. On deadline day, just have no sim other than an allstar game or two and let the gm's and simmers really make sure everything gets done without an extra rush

-Mike Izzy posted an interesting question in SHL media a couple of weeks ago. If you were to make an SHL Mount Rushmore, so to speak, whose (4) faces would be on it? Would your user Mount Rushmore be different than your player Mount Rushmore? (If you participated in the shorter discussion on this in the media thread, feel free to just c/p your response there in this thread or link to it. I just figured it was a question that deserved greater exposure than it got.)

Clearly we need Brock Becker, Jacob Dorty, Richard Physt, And maybe Nour or something. The best players and GM in the SMJHL.

Code:
There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I feel that the off season is at a good place right now time-wise. Once the updater and bank situations gets handled, things should also be up to date for the pre-season. We're all here to watch our players play games, and the msot thrilling thing in the off season is usualyl the shitstorms, which i think we could do without.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Quote:-HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

I like this idea, but I also think that you could run it like the pro bowl in that players that are in the IIHF and playing on their teams wouldn't play on both, it gives the player a choice, and the fans a chance to see some of the non-standard favorites! (52)

There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I think it is probably fine the way it is, but they need to find a way to make the forum more enjoyable. The only time the forum is hopping is if theres some drama. To do this make media payout's better because doing media is pointless. You can write 500 words and not even get a 5 tpe individual training camp out of it. If I go to VHL i can write like 450 words and get 6 tpe for it. They should try to get people writing more media to keep the forum going and getting league discussions going. Instead we get drama which brings out activity, otherwise there is no reason to even read the forum.

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52