Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Change

THIS PT IS OPEN TO ALL SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS.

Welcome back to your regularly scheduled programming! Let's bring back some good, old-fashioned discussion. Lot of change and discussion going on around the site already lately, let's talk about it here. Pick one of the following topics to discuss.

-The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?

- There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

-HO and <a href='index.php?showuser=1352' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-8'>ArGarBarGar</a> have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

-<a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Mike Izzy</a> posted an interesting question in SHL media a couple of weeks ago. If you were to make an SHL Mount Rushmore, so to speak, whose (4) faces would be on it? Would your user Mount Rushmore be different than your player Mount Rushmore? (If you participated in the shorter discussion on this in the media thread, feel free to just c/p your response there in this thread or link to it. I just figured it was a question that deserved greater exposure than it got.)

Every participant with a post of at least 15 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 will be chosen as discussion leaders to receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Discussion will close Monday, June 4th, at 7 PM EST.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Option 1:

Quote:-The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?

I'll use my application for this cause why not? I'd like to see myself for HO. I have experience as HO (sorta) in other sim leagues and have been uber active around the site since creating Lagerfield. I also like to bring new ideas and open up new discussions and I want what's best for the league.

[Image: 3.png]

There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I think the off-season is fine the way it's going right now. Anything too short and you risk burning people out. It may be a fake hockey league, but the work that goes into it isn't. Right now we have a struck a good balance for length. There is enough time for teams to organize themselves, for members to create discussion going into the new season, as well as enough time for the simmer to get everything in order for the new season. The off-season used to be too long, but I think over time we've hit a good time frame.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Off season is good the way it is. Long enough to get shot done. Short enough to keep players active. Don’t fuck with perfection

[Image: nasty.png]

I mean, i don't think that having a shorter off season is a bad idea. The shorter it is, the more hockey we can get simed and everyone can go home happy.

What I do have a problem with, is having deadlines thrown on top of me. As a GM, I wish that we'd get our deadlines at minimum, a week out instead of the 2-3 days we got them this past season. Maybe i'm just talking out of my ass, but idk. I'd just like a little more forewarning to get shit done sometimes.

Sorry this turned into a mini rant. Just my two cents.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Quote:Originally posted by GrilledTwinkiez@Jun 2 2018, 12:39 AM
Off season is good the way it is. Long enough to get shot done. Short enough to keep players active. Don’t fuck with perfection

I think the downtime is perfect for those who grind it out trying to get all the TPE they can. Plus it gives the GMs time to plan ahead with the drafts and everything.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

The offseason should always be as short as possible. In order to do that the HO and GMs need to coordinate things better. When I was with the SMJHL HO deciding dates was pretty much just "when SHL does this thing we'll probably do it a few days after." Things need to be way more structured than that to allow for GMs to plan accordingly in the future.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

i would like to see gorlab added to the head office. this would bring some much needed life back into the league and i think he always had graet ideas and was very dedicationed

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

My SHL Mount Rushmore would consist of Esa Annreikenen, Bubba Nuck, Big Manious and Slappy McDoodle, all players that would give their lives for the SHL and have proven to be amazing athletes.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

-The SHL Head Office is currently accepting applications! Who would you like to see join HO (whether in this cycle or in the future), and why do you think they would be good for the job if they were to apply?
Since I was inactive I don't know if this member's activity drop but I would choose Argar he has previous GM experience. Owns and knows stuff about it. He created one of the Mount Rushmore players and earned a huge amount of TPE. He also suggest a lot of ideas and is partaking in discussion. And his top players of the SHL season article is always the most anticipated article of the season.

- There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?
Don't know how much shorter it is now but I heard bits here and there. It's definitely good that the offseason was shortened but it shouldn't be shortened to the point that GM's have a hard time doing their offseason tasks. They are human people with commitments too and have at times rely on their members to answer them in a timely fashion. So let's say the offseason is only 1 week it might actually be too short since some people are only online on the weekend and respond to the offered contract for example.

-HO and Argar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?
I would love it if we could get an All-Star game. Seeing only the best players of the league compete which each other is something fun and great.

-Mike Izzy posted an interesting question in SHL media a couple of weeks ago. If you were to make an SHL Mount Rushmore, so to speak, whose (4) faces would be on it? Would your user Mount Rushmore be different than your player Mount Rushmore? (If you participated in the shorter discussion on this in the media thread, feel free to just c/p your response there in this thread or link to it. I just figured it was a question that deserved greater exposure than it got.)

Joe McKeil,Ron Mexico,Alonzo Garbanzo,John McBride
My User one would definitely include Leafs & Bojo the other 2 spots is something I can't really decide one. Jack Cross and JY are up there. As well as Wasty,Eggy and Steelhead.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Question 4

While they haven't played a SHL game yet, the SHL Mountrushmore would consist of Kristaps Ball and Alex Andani, each on them twice due to just how great they are going to be when they do play.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by caltroit_red_flames@Jun 2 2018, 12:02 AM
The offseason should always be as short as possible. In order to do that the HO and GMs need to coordinate things better. When I was with the SMJHL HO deciding dates was pretty much just "when SHL does this thing we'll probably do it a few days after." Things need to be way more structured than that to allow for GMs to plan accordingly in the future.

Considering this bit a couple of us in the ass, I completely agree. We need to structure better. I am like the idea of having a short offseason with quick turnaround. But to make sure that teams can take advantage of the time available - they need to be scheduled better. Being an SMJHL GM and having "whatever leftover time is available after the SHL drafts" be the only way we can get things done, well, it's a bit frustrating.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

I've been against shortening offseason more - fantasy drafts are already on the bleeding edge and I can't shorten them any further without making the pick window too small to be fair.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

I think the off season has reached a good amount of time as it stands now, any shorter and it would suck for the updaters and GMs who already cutting it close to the start of the season (Updaters especially, lots of people drop 100+ TPE complicated updates or uncap during the offseason).

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Who would I nominate for the head office...I think I would go with my man karlssens. He is a great guy and I think that he would make decisions that would improve the league and its community.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]