Create Account

S41 PT #4 - Predictions

Here is my prediction. Being down 2-0 in a playoff series is always tough and most teams don’t end up winning the series after going down like that. I do think Winnipeg win the series against LA though and here is why. Winnipeg lead the league in both GA and GF this season, this alone is an impressive feat. LA has taken the lead almost by luck, and Im not saying they are a bad team, but in game 1 Winnipegs defense didn’t show up, then in game 2 the offense didn’t show up. This isn’t a trend that will continue. At some point the real Jets will show up and I think they will tie it up at 2-2, and then its simply a best of 3 series after that. Looking at the stats on the season Winnipeg swept LA. I would be hard pressed to say they couldn’t win another 4 straight.

[Image: horvat3.png]

MY bold prediction for the second round will be that WKP is going to advance to the Challenge cup finals, even though they're cursed and just horrible in every way possible. I mean not really but they pretty bad. They won the first game but Hamilton managed to tie it up in Game 2 with a big 5-1 win. WKP has the better hoalscorer, better point getters, as well as (through these playoffs) The better goalie. Even though both goalies has been oretty darn terrible, Biscuit with .888 and Bae with .885. Haha WTF are you gus doing holy shit.

As for the western clash, i'd have to go with Los Angeles. I predicted Winnipeg to get to the finals in my predictions but LA is up 2-0 and they're not stopping. LAP has 4 of the top 10 goal scorers so far. Zhumbayev in the WIN goal is leading all goalies in SV%, but only .001 before Marmeladov, so i won't argue in WINs favor because of that.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

After my personal favorite, Minnesota, was eliminated in the first round to the Steelhawks.. I firmly believe that the cup is Winnipeg’s to lose. Winnipeg has been a majority favorite all season long and I don’t think it’s any different now. I would like to reiterate that Minnesota wasn’t my favorite because I’m part of their program... I would never do something like that. Minnesota is a great club with a great management team and I firmly believd they could have done something special. But now, I think that Winnipeg will win it all. They truly are a powerhouse. I would love to see their banner on our website for the entirety of next season. It would be nice if they played the Steelhawks too so that I would feel a little better about Minnesota’s loss, but long story short.. Winnipeg wins the cup in 5 games, in front on their home fans. My true focus however, is winning games in Juniors with Prince George or getting that call up every sim hockey league player dreams of.

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

My bold prediction for the second round (which we are now in) would be that West Kendall wins their series and takes East champions. To make this an even bolder prediction I am going to say that they will follow that up with a Challenge Cup Championship as well, winning the West Kendall Platoon their first victory since S5!

West Kendall has been a very strong team on paper the past few seasons and I really feel like S41 is their year to win it all. When and if this does happen it will probably have a very Washington Capitals type of feel to it as they will be expected to crack under the pressure each series they head in to.

If the West Kendall Platoon can pull this off this season it will end one of if not the longest droughts in the SHL at this time and that's why I consider this a bold prediction

157 words

Since I am late, I am going to talk about the 2nd round. So there is one matchup which I pretty much focus on the most and that is the Platoon vs Steelhawks series. Now it is a miracle that WKP is even still in the playoffs because they are absolutely cursed in the playoffs but they beat Buffalo. Now they face Hamilton and I believe they will actually beat Hamilton because why not, it is a bold prediction. The most important player from WKP is going to be Beajeaux Biscuit because he is the goaltender and an important role to keep his team in the game instead of allowing like 5 goals which he did in the first 2 games which are not good to hear. But he got a shutout last series so we believe in him and he will be important. Also that Linna and Light duo which has been elite are important.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Well, two games down and the Jets are down to 2-0 to the Panthers. The first game was barn burner as an ex-Jet's son named Yuri Boyka Jr. ended the game in OT. The 2nd game wasn't good looking either for the Jets as they were on a losing side of a 4-2 loss to the Panthers, dropping both games at home to the Panthers. But it isn't over yet, the Jets in the past have climbed back from series deficits just like in the S37 Final to Toronto. A Bold prediction that I'm making is that the SHL Shield of Max Weber and Crossfit Jesus take the team on their back and finish the series off in 7 with a Jason Visser goal to seal the comeback. It won't be easy with the Panthers having players like Bennett and Auston, Winter, Marmeladov on their team with them firing on cylinder, but I'm sure the Jets will pull through at the end of this, as we have the better depth in my opinion.

Code:
173 Words

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Watching Winnipeg beat Calgary in 6 games firmly established them as this seasons favorites to win the Championship. They never really let Calgary get into the series, so seeing the Panthers up next one would assume the Jets would continue to play solid, dominant hockey.

However Los Angeles has been more than one expected. Winning game 1 on Overtime and doubling the jets in game 2, the Panthers are off to a great start in the series. At this point it would seem Winnipeg is having a hard time solving the Panthers. Maybe the Jets took LA for granted or maybe they are just out of synch, but they need to find their groove fast.

Jean-Luc Reflieux is leading the Panthers in points with 15. His leadership is inspiring his teammates to play at 100%. I firmly believe his play will inspire the Panthers to push the Jets to the edge and end their season.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Looking at the Winnipeg Jets-Los Angeles Panthers match up in round 2, before the series I would have said Jets in 4 or 5, nothing against LA they've played well but just felt like their goalie would get exposed against a very strong offensive team in Winnipeg. Of course LA won the first 2 games so that's out the window lol. Series is now 2-1 and it could go either way. I'm still predicting Winnipeg will be able to win and outlast LA even with them getting some favorable sim luck so far. I'd say Winnipeg in 7, but it all comes down to LA's goalie Marmeladov and if he can steal another game. He's had a pretty good mojo so far so it's definitely possible LA hangs on to win the series. That being said I think this series is Winnipeg's to lose. They're the best team left in the playoffs and can't squander this opportunity.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Seeing as we made it into the second round of the playoffs I have to go very bold with my prediction. Therefore, I predict that the final will be the Los Angeles Panthers facing off against the West Kendall Platoon in what will be eventually referred to as the Droughtbowl seeing as it’s been a ridiculously long time since either team won the Challenge Cup.

Looking at the conference finals, I would then predict that the Panthers are going to win it in 6 games and the Platoon in 5 games. The Panthers are playing a very physical game and is giving a lot of trouble to the speedy Winnipeg Jets team. Meanwhile the Platoon’s veterans are finally coming together for a Cinderella run and their depth will be too much to handle for the Steelhawks.

To further spice up my prediction I’ll also predict that Alex Light will end up with most points scored in the playoffs, but not most goals. That’ll be Mikko Linna.

(166 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Written Task: In at least 150 words, make some bold predictions for the first round (or second, if we are well into it for the back half of this PT being open) and justify your choices. Who do you think will win the series? Who will be the most important players from each team? Will there be any upsets? The question is open-ended, so simply put, what do you have to say about this season’s playoff matchups? Must mention at least two playoff teams.

In my original predictions I believe that I had the Winnipeg Jets going all the way and winning the cup, that being said they found themselves down early in the second round to the Los Angeles Panthers only to claw their way back into it. I think that if the Jets want to continue to win they are going to have to look to their regular season work horse, Jason Visser, to step up to the plate. He currently has 9 points in 10 games but that is honestly nothing for the man who put up one of the best seasons in SHL history. Likewise, the Panthers are also doing a fine job and this has proven to be a close match up. I think that S35 winger, Sophia Bennett, will play a big role down the stretch for the Panthers. Could she propel the Panthers to a Challenge Cup Finals appearance? Maybe. My heart says that there won't be any upsets going into the finals and we will be seeing Winnipeg versus West Kendall... which would be huge for the Platoon. Maybe they finally break the curse as well.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Going with something different and making predictions on the SMJHL, and that is that the knights will sweep the playoffs and win the 4 star cup with a 12-0 playoff record. Already sweeping the first round against Detroit, and now up 3-0 on St. Louis the knights look strong and seem to be firing on all cylinders. After a season of controversy Dorty looks poised to capture playoff mvp for the knights again. I will take that one stripe further and say that the knights will have all 5 players in the top 5 scoring race and will ALSO WIN THE S42 four star cup to complete the three peat (40,41,42). Onto the SHL. Let’s be honest the blizzard are an underdog but they’re gonna win the challenge cup, The jets are gonna choke and fall off.

Please remember this is all a joke don’t freak saying my predictions are outlandish cause I’m well aware lol.

[Image: nasty.png]

My bold prediction is that, as of right now, Hamilton is losing 1-3 in the series against West Kendall Platoon but that won't be the end of the series. Hamilton did a great job in their matchup against Minnesota, losing the first few games and then coming back to secure the rest of the games to win the series against a pretty darn good team in Minnesota who entered clicking and firing on all cylinders. If Hamilton is able to get back to playing the same type of game they played against Minnesota, they'll be able to turn the series around and make it a 7-game series with them the victors and headed to the finals. One of the difference makers that hasn't entirely shown up to each game is Oliver König - if he's able to get a few good shifts in and set the tone early in their next game, Hamilton has a great chance to emerge victorious and gain the confidence necessary to win the series.

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Despite the series currently being tied 2-2, it is my belief, as it is every year, that the Winnipeg Jets will win the series and go on to the finals. I expected them to be playing against the Calgary Dragons, but somehow the Panthers won 4-2 over them in the previous round, making for what should be a slightly easier matchup. Yuri Boyka, Jr is making a case for playoff MVP thus far, winning 56% of his faceoffs and averaging 1.23 points per twenty minutes. For the Winnipeg Jets, Max Weber is leading the team in points by a considerable margin. Given that he was a defenseman, this was a particularly impressive accomplishment. Despite the series being tied, Winnipeg has currently outscored Los Angeles 15-13, implying that they are the better team. Also, given the huge disparity in TPE between the two teams, one would expect Winnipeg to be the clear victors.

Like many others I had originally predicted my Buffalo Stampede to beat the West Kendall Platoon in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. However we know this was unfortunately not the case. Because we are now in the Conference Finals, respectively. I'm going to give my predictions for who is going to win each series, and why.

Starting with the ECF we have Steelhawks vs Platoon . As it is this is a more surprising match up as we see the 3 and 4 seeds coming up against each other. WKP currently has the series lead at 3-1. I do not see them giving up this lead, especially with all the fire power that comes with this team offensively. I can confidently chalk up the series for WKP here. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends in 5 either.

In the Western Conference Finals we have Jets vs Panthers . A match up that you probably could have predicted coming into these playoffs as we have the #1 and #2 seed in the West. Not to mention, these two teams have 10 points more then Minnesota, who lead the Eastern Conference in the standings during the regular season. With the series knotted up at 2, I would not be surprised if we see LAP stealing this series here, once again with what seems to be a slight advantage offensively.

I look forward to seeing how the fate of these last 4 teams are determined!

Code:
243 words

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

Late into the playoffs, in the semis, we have two series, one tied at two a piece, and one with a game left until a team claims their spot in the championship series. The teams that are in the 3-1 series are the West Kendall Platoon, who have 3 games, and the Hamilton Steelhawks. The Platoons goalie, Biscuit, is doing not too good, to say the least, however, the Hamilton goalie is doing worse, so it's all good. The Platoon are winning the series with the scoring they have, and Defense has not been a thing in the series. The Platoon have the highest goal scorer in the playoffs so far. They also have incredible depth scoring, with 11 guys at 9 points or more in 11 games so far. I predict that the Platoon win the next game to win the series, and also predict that it will be a shutout, just cause when you least expect one you get it.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]