Create Account

S41 PT #4 - Predictions

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS ONLY.

Scenario: Playoffs are underway!

Written Task: In at least 150 words, make some bold predictions for the first round (or second, if we are well into it for the back half of this PT being open) and justify your choices. Who do you think will win the series? Who will be the most important players from each team? Will there be any upsets? The question is open-ended, so simply put, what do you have to say about this season’s playoff matchups? Must mention at least two playoff teams.

Graphic Task: Create a comparison graphic highlighting one of the key player matchups in any of the first or second-round series. Must include two players, two renders, and at least three sim statistic projections for the upcoming series for each player.

This PT will close Monday, June 18th at 7 PM EST.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

In my playoff point task i predicted Buffalo to defeat West kendall in 7 games. I know that on paper thats not a real upset considering the Stampede ended as the easts 2nd seed... but allot of the chatter around the site believes Buffalo played over there head this season and expects them to drop the opening series. While its true that on paper they look to be a season away... i would never underestimate a team with a goalie like FourFour Jr who knows how to get the best out of his build.. hes had a steller season and i can ses him being one of the goalies that the SIM likes in post season... also got to factor in that Buffalos defensive core is better then West kendalls... Metzler, Mäkelä, Walker, Koenig, Tusk and Quick Mafs form a serious group of defenders that should limit the activity West Kendall wants to put on FourFour Jr.

West Kendals offense is better then Buffalo's and offensive pressure is what they will need to win this serries.. but in general thats just not the way WKP typically wins their games... So my prediction of Buffalo in 7 stands, in what would be a mild shocker.

Code:
205 words

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The chatter around the league, much from the sour Toronto North Star faithful, believing that their team is superior to their cross Niagara Rival, Buffalo Stampede, find themselves bewildered that the Stampede are up 2-0 against the West Kendall Platoon. The higher ranked Stampede seem to be the overwhelming underdog as many believe their regular season success was attributed to luck. However, it seems their success has transferred over to the playoffs after two nail biting 5-4 wins over the Platoon. By no means is this series over, and many of the Stampede are playing as if they are behind, with everything to lose, this is looking to be a very exciting series. It wouldn't be a shocker to anybody who has been following the Stampede as the much talked about bright future, seems to be finally becoming a reality, but the haters who envy the incredible quality and depth the young Stampede team has, will continue to write the team off until the Green and Yellow are raising the cup.

My first prediction for the first round of the SHL playoffs is that the West Kendall Platoon will come back from their 0-2 deficit to win their series against the Buffalo Stampede. While the Stampede had a surprisingly good campaign, I think the Platoon are the more talented team. Led by Schröder, Kruger, and Ross on defense and Rielly, Light, Linna, Wilson, and Langabeer at forward, West Kendall will figure Buffalo out and take 4 of the next 5 games. They can spread their fire power along 3 lines and really create match up nightmares for the Stampede. Schröder is a beast on defense, taking on multiple roles and eating up a ton of minutes. In net, goalie Beauxjeaux Biscuit will be the catalyst in the Platoon comeback. If the Platoon can limit the effectiveness of Luke Atmey and Viktor Vorkämpfer, they have the match up advantage over every other Buffalo forward. West Kendall can't let those two players get going. With all they have on their team, I think West Kendall is poised for the big series comeback.

(179 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

My bold prediction is that the San Francisco Pride will win it all. THAT'S RIGHT! A team not even in the playoffs will sweep the entire playoffs! WHO CARES ABOUT WEST KENDALL VS BUFFALO WHEN IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE PRIDE SWOOPING IN IN GAME 7! EVERY MATCHUP, SAN FRANCISCO WINS! No one knows how they're even doing it! They seem to be crawling out of the penalty box and hitting every other team in their way! IT'S A BLOOD BATH! KODA REID HITTING FOOLS LEFT AND RIGHT! MASS HYSTERIA! GERONIMO OTT AND KELLY RIVET TOSSING IN THOSE GOALS ON EVERYONE! THESE TEAMS DON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM!!! IT'S PANDEMONIUM IN EVERY ARENA AROUND THE LEAGUE AS THE SAN FRANCISCO PRIDE WIN SO MUCH THAT THEY START PLAYING AGAINST THEMSELVES! But at that point, they've gained so much respect for their opponents. Mostly because they're playing against themselves and they've got MAD RESPECT for themselves. Instead of playing into the next round, they convince the league to just give them the cup for the next three seasons onward, AT LEAST!

Was that bold enough for you?

Code:
Someone mentioned something about not mentioning a playoff team, so I bolded the two playoff teams mentioned

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

I predict that the Buffalo Stampede will sweep the West Kendall Platoon in the first round and then they will beat the Minnesota Chiefs in just five games en route to a Challenge Cup win. The Stampede has had many hard seasons since joining the Simulation Hockey League and is due for some success.

Buffalo has a stud in between the pipes with Jordan FourFour Jr. who appears to be doing great justice to his family name. Along with a stellar tendy, the Stampede have a plethora of young defenders like Mäkela, Mafs and Koenig who are all in their second season in the league but holding down prominent roles. The half of the D is established stars like Walker, Metzler and Tusk who allow the youngsters to learn on the job while not affecting the success of the franchise.The Stampede also features a bevy of young forwards who are all on the upswing in their careers. Dermot Lavelle, who appears to be a lock for rookie of the year, leads the way.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I truly believe that the Hamilton Steelhawks have a much better roster than you would think from the regular season. Oliver Konig is a great player who could have been point per game with a bit more luck. The Steelhawks also have incredible talents in Robert Phelps and Noro Wozy, and youngsters like Connor Blackwell and Nour Harrak just didn't get the chance to show their true talent. On the other hand, I think the Chiefs need to be respected for their great roster over the years, but I think their window is closing. They have a lot of strength in depth, but they rely on a ton of old players who may be retired within 2 or 3 seasons. I know that the Chiefs absolutely shit on the Steelhawks in the first 2 games, but unlike my bracket (which I did based on gut rather than what I truly believe should be the result), I think that the Steelhawks can pull this one in 7.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Well, it’s not so bold, but Tigole Bitties could be one of the scoring frontrunners by the conclusion of the first round. Bitties has played three games so far and has tallied a respectable seven points with three goals and four assists. He’s been lethal on the powerplay…. With the depth that Edmonton has offensively, there’s no reason to believe this pace is unsustainable. Now that Edmonton holds a 2-1 series lead, it’s reasonable to believe that the Blizzard will come out on top in six games or so. I don’t think LA will just lie down and give up, they’re still a strong offensive team and could easily push back to make this a 2-2 series, but I feel like the Blizzard are in a good spot to move on. If LA is to come back and win, I would imagine Reflieux would be the guy leading the way. He’s had an absolute monster season so far.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

My prediction is that the Edmonton Blizzard will make it to the finals (real bold). It matters who the best team is on paper, but also in the playoffs what I think is even more important is having your players get hot at the right time. Right now the Blizzard's third line center, Tigole Bitties, is the definition of hot. With limited minutes, Bitties is 2nd in the league for points, just one point behind Terrance Nova. The Los Angeles Panthers are a good team, and Edmonton winning the series will be an upset, but the Blizzard are already leading the series 2-1. By this evening they may already have a strangle hold on the series. And then the real test comes in the 2nd. round. Winnipeg and Calgary are two of the best teams on paper in the SHL. But with Edmonton so hard on the upswing, I think the Blizzard have a chance to out on top and represent the West.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

i predict that the winnipeg jets will eat some cool ranch doritos and shit hot fire on the calgary dragons to fight fire with fire. I predcit the blizzard will get sued by dairy queen leading the cougars to come back from their current deficit. I predict the chiefs will have protesters outside their windows after the redskins were successfully taken down, leading the other east team they play (i forget right now to be honest) to come back and do the hockey. oh right hamilton. anyways, the biggest bold predcitions is that the west kendall platoon and the buffalo stampede will join forces to create one super depressing record of shl history. but if i've learned anything from watching Las Vegas make it to the finals, it's that clearly the newer team doesn't deserve to win and that you must be disappointed many times before you reach glory, so it's obviously west kendall's time to shine.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

The Hamilton Steelhawks are going to come back from being down 0-2 and beat the Minnesota Chiefs. I know the first two games were blow outs, the Steelhawks took a crap ton of penalties and paid dearly for it, but it will change. Sami Owens and some other major depth players on the hawks are going to make this comeback happen. It might be a bit of a bold prediction, but I can see it happening. STHS loves a comeback story and I think it's going to push this series to 7 with Hamilton being the eventual winner. Minny does have a really good team, but it's the hawks time to break through. Once this series is tied 2-2 it's gonna be anyone's game and we will see who can coach their team to victory. Also expect Minny to take more penalties in the coming games, they took only 1 in the first two games, there has to be more to come.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Personally I predicted Minnesota chiefs and The Winnipeg Jets to play for the challenge cup this season. As we’ve seen so far Minnesota is up two to zero on Hamilton and absolutely killing them during the last game they played 8 - 1. I expect Minnesota to win the series in 4 or 5 with how strong there team has been. For Minnesota as always you expect Terrence Nova to step up and score the goals but for this year I expect their new pick up Joseph Lombardi to step up big and hoist a cup with the team! For the Jets you can expect no other than PIETRA VOLKOVA to play great at home and on the road scoring and assisting on most of the goals with the best +/- out of anyone in the playoffs but will lose in the finals to the Minnesota Chiefs. Another big prediction buffalo made the playoffs for their first time ever or as it seems, they will be eliminated round one.

The Calgary Dragons will come back from being down 2-1 and beat the Winnipeg Jets for the upset. These are arguably the two best teams in the Simulation Hockey League and the winner has a good chance to bring home the cup.

Thus far the Jets have been dominating the series and have a +4 point differential with the Dragons. However, I would expect the Dragons to bounce back and do a bit more damage on home ice. The Dragons were the last team into the playoffs in the West and a win over the top seeded Jets would be a big upset. However, it is hard to count out the Dragons after they have shown such a long history of success.

The great teams and players really turn it up when their backs are against the wall in the playoffs, and the Calgary Dragons hit both of those marks. The Jets will probably take it to seven in what might be the most competitive series of the playoffs, but the Dragons will be the ones to advance.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

It may come off biased, but I believe this is the year where the Buffalo Stampede finally make some noise in the postseason, and it all starts with their matchup against the West Kendall Platoon. For seasons and seasons, Buffalo has been cultivating a young core of players that's finally ready to break out in the postseason. Anchored by veterans Eduoard Selich, Alexis Metzler, and trade acquisition Luke Atmey, their prime core is joined by up and coming stars like Viktor Vorkampfer, Tatu Makela, Brynjar Tusk, and Jordin Fourfour Jr. with steady youth like TJ Bailey, Quick Mafs, and Nico Grøss. Championship pedigree is built on depth, and perhaps more so than ever before in Buffalo's history, they have it. West Kendall is a tough matchup, as they've been a steady contender in the Eastern Conference for the majority of a 20 season stretch, but I believe they pose the first challenge in what will turn into Buffalo's first trip to the Challenge Cup Final.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

I believe that Buffalo will win the series for round one. We have swept WKP in two games winning by one point./ I do not think that West Kendall Has a chance against our team, although I do not doubt, that they still might infact, have a fair chance of beating us in round one. As for Round one of SMJHL it looks like Kelowna will beat the Falcons in round one. They have already beat them three games to nothing. It will be interesting to see how far both of my teams, Buffalo Stampede, and Vancouver Whalers actually get into the playoffs. I am hoping that at least one of my teams can bring home the cup this year. I have faith in both of them. I have been excited for the playoffs this year. We will see how they go. Good luck to all the teams that have made it into the playoffs.

Code:
Word Count 155