Create Account

S71 PT#4: Not My Stadium!

PBE Affiliate

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

As the news broke that the owner had heeded Fry's plea and agreed to use union labor, a bittersweet reality set in. The construction would take longer than anticipated, and the Platoon would have to temporarily play their home games in a college arena. While Fry felt a tinge of disappointment, he couldn't deny his excitement for the classic college atmosphere that awaited. Stepping into the college arena, memories flooded Fry's mind. The raucous student section, chanting and cheering with unwavering enthusiasm, brought back the camaraderie he cherished from his own college playing days. The intimate setting of the arena created an electric atmosphere, where the cheers reverberated off the walls, fueling the players' adrenaline.

Fry reveled in the nostalgia of those rowdy nights, where he felt a palpable connection with the fans. The scent of popcorn reminding him of the joy of simply playing the game. However, the college experience also came with its challenges. The smaller seating capacity meant some fans had to miss out on their beloved Platoon's games. The facilities lacked the modern amenities of a professional arena, making player accommodations cramped and less than ideal.

(190 Words)

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Strictly Business

Petr has only one purpose, and that is to play hockey. It really doesn't matter where or when. It helps that Petr is a Sate Security agent and thus has gone through vigorous training, and was genetically engineered to be perfect, so that nothing bothered him, but he could do some damage himself, should anyone try to get... persuasive or otherwise intimidating. Petr knows his training would aid him in an situation that turned undesirable, and all his combat skills, unarmed, disarming, then shortly after followed by armed combat, would come into play wonderfully.

The fact of the matter is, Petr doesn't care. He might have the skills to deal with issues, but he is here to play hockey and win gold, and there's no amount of foreign interventionism that can change that, especially from a select couple countries with whom Petr has a ... strong working relationship with. Besides, that's Petr's job anyway.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE
The owner saw reason! Things were sorted out. Everything was going great. And then Calgary traded Duncan Mackenzie to Baltimore. To say it was a shock was an understatement. DMack thought he would spend his whole career in Calgary, but this is a business and it was a good move for the team. DMack was almost disappointed to be missing out on a crazy year of playing in a University Arena. He fondly remembered his days as a player in Junior, in small barns with fans screaming just inches away. It was a more personal feeling. Much closer to playing as a kid than in the highly polished, corporate production that is the Simulation Hockey League. He is looking forward to travelling to Calgary next season and playing in their little temporary arena, getting to experience that setting on more time. He is sure it will be different as a professional as opposed to the days when he was just struggling to make it into the SHL. But it sure will be fun.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Creative Prompt

Does matter where Jack St. Clair plays, could be in an outdoor game at a football stadium that can host 70,000 people or if its on a lake where only friends are there to watch. His job is to put on a show and deliver a memorable performance. Everything is left on the ice and the compete level stays consistent. To be honest though, that intimate setting of a small college arena would surely be a season that he would never forget. You could argue that the more fans in attendance, the louder it would be but I'd have to disagree. How many people that attend NHL games are there to watch their favourite team and how many people are there for business in their corporate seats/suites, or just at the game for something to do. I think playing the game in front of a smaller crowd would be just as rocking if not louder. The excitement would be palpable especially when Jack St. Clair plays for one of the top teams in the league that scores lots of goals. JSC always looks for fans to celly with along the glass and it would just be next level at a college arena.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Creative Prompt

Even if its not the same as to play in a 20 000 seats stadium, Lund quite enjoy it to play in college arena. It looks like every fans is on the ice, when people are yelling or cheering, you really heard them as they are less place for the sound to go. Energy level is still the same for Nola, we give 110% no matter the stadium we play in. It brings back so many memories of the time were Filip was in Norway playing for his college team, he never would have tought that he was going to play in the best hockey league in the world back then. Right now, he try to enjoy every little moment he has in this "little" arena, but he will admit, that he cannot wait to play in their new stadium with a tons of Specters fans ready to mow down the opposition.

154 words

Player Prompt

There is only one way to really clear your mind after playing hockey. When I get home from the rink, I head out to my garage and light a few candles and incense. I roll out a small, round carpet and take a seat, criss-cross applesauce style on the floor. I start with a simple meditation session for about one hour. Nothing else happens during this time. Once I have found peace, I get right back into the positive mindset I need to go about my everyday life. I make a pizza, I watch a movie, I do whatever I need to do to continue the positive flow of energy I have achieved through meditation. This feeling will usually last me the rest of the night because when I wake up the next day, it is right back to hockey and training. It is like the moments of peace disappear into the back of my head and the competitive nature takes over again.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

ISFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Creative Prompt

The one season played in a college arena didn't turn out to be too different from the seasons played in a larger arena. When you're focused on the game, the ice beneath your skates, and the players who surround you, the details of the arena all fade into the background. The fans are the same as well regardless of where the team plays. Those present in the arena are a smaller subset of the ones who usually attend, but the support and respect is still there even in the smaller building. The most noticeable differences come from before and after the game where the overall facilities aren't quite as refined as they are in a real SHL arena, but since the people who run the organization still remain the same, everything still runs like a well-oiled machine when it comes to the quality of life as a player in the college arena. The experience of playing in the college arena for a season really highlights that the most important aspects of playing in the SHL are the people, not the places.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Since, Salzberger grew up playing hockey in Norway where he played in the pro league for a couple of games, he is used to playing in these smaller size arenas even after he turned pro. He still plays in some of these arenas when the Norwegian national team host exhibition games all-around the country, which means he is used to playing in these kinds of conditions even at the top level. In the end, he doesn’t think that the size of the arena and the number of people in the crowd who are there to watch the game is important, he is there to play hockey and at the end of the day, the number of people who watch him doesn’t really matter. Salzberger is in his own bubble once the game start and he couldn’t tell you after a game if the atmosphere for a given game was better than it was at a previous game.

157 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Urtles doesnt see anything but the puck and the net when he plays, thats all he cares about. Getting the puck and shooting it into the back of the net. He knows nothing about what the fans are doing or getting kicked out for. He also doesnt celebrate goals, its his job, you dont see the plumber diving across the kitchen floor when they successfully fix the sinks plumbing. The only difference Urtles notices when playing at different rinks is the amount of time it takes to get to the rink, and maybe he notices that the other teams jersey is a different color. Urtles doesnt care about whatever drama is happening with the rink, he just shows up to score goals and win, then collect his paycheck and go home to his turtles, Steve, Pablo, and "Extra long name so that PT's are easier". He would love if the media would stop asking him non goal scoring related questions

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

ISFL Affiliate - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!