Create Account

S71 PT#4: Not My Stadium!

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Broken ground!

Written Task: Turns out your owner saw reason and hired union labor to build the stadium, which also appeased the belligerent councilperson (surely unrelated to the union's donation to her campaign fund). With construction well underway, you are now confident your team will only have to play one season in the college arena. Upon puck drop, you find yourself playing in a classic "college atmosphere."

Does your player enjoy it? What's the craziest thing a fan gets kicked out of the stadium for? Do you ever jump into the crowd for a celly? What's different about playing in a college stadium, especially that your player might remember fondly? If they're absolutely miserable the entire time, why? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player's celly that got them fined by the league!

PLAYER PROMPT - Strictly Business

Written Task:  Fact is, the game is the same no matter where it's played. Home, away, outdoor, that one weird exposition game in Belarus that you're pretty sure your owner was blackmailed into putting on, your player's job doesn't change. So, how does your player keep an even keel? What's their trick for mental reset and maintaining focus on their game despite the men with tracksuits and AK47s hanging out at the vending area? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player's war face!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, June 26th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

I love the college atmosphere. A bunch of drunk rowdy college kids really know how to bring the energy. I remember game 1 was an absolute gong show but that was definitely part of our fault. All game the players are jumping into the glass after we scored a goal or we raised our hands up to fire up the crowd after a big hit or a fight. The fans go so fired up they were shaking the glass around the rink. You could see it moving back and forth like a wave around the arena. Near the end of the game we had a two goal lead and that glass around the rink started to cave in behind the net. Fans were falling on to the ice as it gave way. The two building security guys and all of us players were trying to help get these people off of the ice. It delayed the rest of the game about 45 minutes but no one was seriously hurt. We walked away with a big W that night and every night in that arena had been just as wild since.

One thing that Miguel Hefeweizen learned early in his career was how to stay mentally focused. One of the primary ways he does that is his pre-game routine. Regardless of where he is playing, home, away, the moon, he follows the same steps. First of all, he gets a good night sleep the night before. Certainly, Miguel tries to get a good night sleep every night, but pre-game its really important. To that end, he always travels with some noise cancelling headphones, sleep mask, and his legally prescribed sleep meds. He goes to bed early, and avoids alcohol and caffeine before bed. Certainly, some players would think he's a bit of a stick-in-the-mud for being so boring, but Miguel doesn't care. Miguel gets to the arena early, checks his equipment, gets some good prehab and hydration going, and a massage before games. Although sometimes those can be a bit sketchy depending on where he is! All of this routine helps Miguel stay focused and mentally ready for game time.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Let’s start with the bad. I know what you think 5000 crazy college kids screaming at the top of their lungs must be great. It is, to a degree, but it doesn’t compare to the insanity of hearing 17,000 people cheering, gasping, chanting, and creating a buzz to get your team riled up.

That said, there is so much good. The passion from those 5000, typically, drunk kids can be amazing. They love this team playing here, they cheer for us. Boo the away crowd, typically at inappropriate times which is somewhat hilarious. There are fights in the crowd between away fans and home team and security is at minimum so the fights can get pretty darn good before they are pulled apart. I even had one fan reach over the glass and grab one of our sticks to chase away a Los Angeles Panthers visiting fan and chased them right out the stadium! Plus you can’t guess how many boobs I have seen, 7 and a half!

All in all, while it is not the same kind of build up and home team momentum a crowd can build, perhaps it is a little bit of a distraction, for one season…maybe, just maybe, it is alright.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Creative prompt

Everything about this entire college stadium including its atmosphere was something very new and unusual to Shaggy. He had never experienced anything like this growing up at home or during the last two years in Toronto before getting drafted into the SHL. Back home where he grew up this didn't exist. He had heard about the whole 'classic college atmosphere', but he had never actually experienced anything like this, neither as a player nor as someone attending such a game. Obviously he was a little surprised, if not shocked and struggled to get used to it. For a goalie it was even more difficult to shut out all the noise which usually hadn't been a problem before. Some breathing techniques helped in the end and simply not looking into the audience. Focusing on the game, on the next save and really hoping this would be over soon was what eventually helped Shaggy through everything. He also tried not to think about the fact that they would play an entire season in this building. Luckily half of the season were road games.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - Strictly Business

Written Task:  Fact is, the game is the same no matter where it's played. Home, away, outdoor, that one weird exposition game in Belarus that you're pretty sure your owner was blackmailed into putting on, your player's job doesn't change. So, how does your player keep an even keel? What's their trick for mental reset and maintaining focus on their game despite the men with tracksuits and AK47s hanging out at the vending area? (150+ words)

My strategy for staying even keel is to remember why I do this. I started playing this game because it was fun, then that turned into doing it to make my family proud. Once I grew a little more, I played to make my wife proud. Now, as a father, I play to make my children proud. There is no greater honor as a father to have my son and daughter look at me and tell me they are proud of me. You want to talk about life accomplishments, that is at the top of the list. Of course it means so much that my parents and siblings are proud to call me their family, and it means the world that my wife is proud of what I have become. However, there is nothing that can compare to having your child be proud of you and have your child tell you that they want to be just like their daddy when they grow. That is a lifetime accomplishment.

168 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

If the Renegades found themselves playing in a college arena, I would imagine it like this. The atmosphere during opening night is insane. It's a small arena but it's packed full of young fans who are there to watch some exciting hockey but mostly it's an excuse to party. The fans go nuts for goals, hits and fights. But the moment the team shows signs of weakness or lose a couple I feel like they quickly tune out. The college rink is almost sold out but lacking atmosphere since the first few days. Some young teammates are missing from their usual homes and staying in dorms with college kids their age and it's impacting their game. A team meeting is required to get the team back in focus, that this is only temporary and that we need to get the team back on the rails again and start competing. We're not here to party, we're here to win, whether it's a 70,00 capacity stadium or a 5,000 capacity stadium. And no matter who shows up to watch, we need to bring it every night and make those fans happy.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Creative Prompt

With hopefully this being his only season in a college rink, Ryosuke Sato wants to make this experience special for the fans. Honestly, the whole smaller arena, smaller crowd vibes reminds him of his time playing hockey before entering even the SMJHL. In high school and earlier, Sato never really played in front of a big crowd as hockey was not that big in Japan. The largest crowd he played in front of beforehand was when he played international hockey as a U18. And so, this experience playing American college hockey is one that will stick to him and hopefully the fans as well! Sato makes the extra effort to participate in the giveaways, from pucks to sticks, as well as help with the promotional material to bring the true fans into the arena. Of course, the smaller amenities is not ideal, but he is having a fun chuckle about it with teammates and enjoying the most of his time in this unusual situation.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

creative prompt: Lias does not mind playing in the college arena at all. For him, it's about the game, it always has been - as long as there's a fresh sheet of ice to play on and the rules are the same, he's happy to play wherever. It's not like he's getting paid any less, after all. It's also a lot of fun to be in what feels like a smaller, more intimate environment - almost feels like less pressure, like he can just stop stressing and just play some hockey, because everybody who's there watching has to really want to be there (since seating is limited and people are fighting to get tickets to the games). I think Lias would just take the opportunity to have as much fun that season as possible, and without all the crazy pressure, he might even play even better than usual, without any of the freaking himself out because of the huge arena and all that.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Graphic task: Show me your player's war face 
  1. [Image: war_face_penguin_SHL.png]

Hodor's not a huge celebrator, but sometimes he can get caught in the moment when crowds are on his side. First off, the college crowd is really pumped about having their stadium now jacked multiple stories up into the sky, so they're pretty hyped on adrenaline and gratitude and get rowdy easy. Also, younger crowds typically have seen Game of Thrones more or have ready the books, so they tend to catch on to Hodor's antics quicker. When he makes interesting plays the crowds like to chant, "Hodor! Hodor!" and he really feels appreciated by that. When he does something especially neat, he'll put someone on his back basket and skate them around the rink once or twice. He'll always return them to where they were, though, as he's fairly attentive about where his rider needs to go. Kind of like a pack animal, or a large man that regularly carries around a small master with 3 eyes.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:
Written Task: Turns out your owner saw reason and hired union labor to build the stadium, which also appeased the belligerent councilperson (surely unrelated to the union's donation to her campaign fund). With construction well underway, you are now confident your team will only have to play one season in the college arena. Upon puck drop, you find yourself playing in a classic "college atmosphere."

Does your player enjoy it? What's the craziest thing a fan gets kicked out of the stadium for? Do you ever jump into the crowd for a celly? What's different about playing in a college stadium, especially that your player might remember fondly? If they're absolutely miserable the entire time, why? (150+ words)

Ben Jammin never had the chance to play hockey inside of a college arena and never got to experience what the college atmosphere would be like, but he has seen how some college arenas can get very rowdy and it can feel like a football arena with loud crowds. The syndicate home arena is always a ruckus place for home games but it is a bigger arena and the fans aren't that close to the action unless they have the lower bowl seats. With this new college arena that we will be playing in, the fans will be even closer and I'm sure all the players will be able to hear most things the fans will be saying from the stands. 

One game, Melvin scored a hat trick in a game and all the fans threw little moose plushies onto the ice instead of hats to celebrate the occasion. Also, whoever gets 1st star of the game the player's plushie will be thrown onto the ice as well when they greet the fans at the end of the game.

(179 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures!