Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

Option 1

In an attempt to bring more balance to the games, allow for more upsets and give the underdogs a shot at winning more games, I propose we adopt the following rule:

Following every goal by a team, they are required to remove the goalscorer from the game for the remainder of the game. If this would put them team below the minimum number of players needed to participate in a game (12 forwards and 6 defensemen), they have to play their current goalie as a skater, and put their backup goalie in net. They then select a random spectator to be their new backup goalie.

This'll potentially lead to more goals (as after two goals, a spectator will end up in net), as well as more fanbase participation in games. It'll be exciting for people to go to games, knowing they could end up on the ice, together with their favourite players.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I think punishment for using AI should require actual manual labor as restitution. Most players spend time actually struggling to think of enough words to fill up their TPE tasks, so to cheese it, if not outright cheat it, spits in the face of those like myself. I'm sure we all completely understand the desire to become max earners and have the respect of everyone who follows the TPE tracker. But more often than not your personality is a better indicator of the kind of player you'll be than anything else. Some general managers will absolutely bring in known toxic players to help build their team, but the locker room as a whole suffers for it. I think as punishment, these individuals should be required to submit a picture of them writing out their prompt on paper(pencil or pen). This way we can ensure that not only did they write it themselves, but at the very least they'll have put in more effort than the ones than did it correctly the first time.

Option 1:

If William Salming would have some kind of power to change rules of ice-hockey or add some new rules, he would for sure have some crazy ideas. The best one would probably be extra player. Salming would like to see that ice-hockey games would be played 6v6 method. Why? Best players are very good when there is little bit of space available. So, best players would shine even more in a new 6v6 hockey. Amount of goals would probably drop so to have some extraordinary talent would be even more important. On the other hand, teams could screen goalies even with three players at the same time using maybe 3-1-2 system in the offensive zones. Defenders would shoot from the blue line, F4 would make sure balance is correct and there is no odd-man rushes and three net players would try to tip the puck in. In 6v6 hockey there would be more physicality that way for those who like it.

[Image: salming.png]

Oh I have to do option 2 since idiots have been cheating in PBE with AI recently. I am going to be honest with you. Some people unable to write 150 words when some tasks used to be 200 or 300 words in other places is so laughable to me. So to need to cheat a PT is quite sad. I do not think taking the TPE and doubling the penalty is enough and I would probably say it needs to be a 10-20% fine of the bank they have since then they would realise. Do not use AI.

If done over multiple seasons then I would suggest suspension but realistically they should be caught way before that ever happens. Not always going to be easy to do that I understand since this AI stuff is still growing and getting better but if this is the case its however many weeks they did it being suspended from earning TPE. Not banned from the forums or doing chatterbox but simply just not able to do ACs, etc.

[177 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I don't know how funny this is, but I think a fun rule change would be having the net inset into the boards like they have it in indoor soccer. So, there's no behind the net area and one could potentially score from any area in the offensive zone. Just imagine, every shot wide is rebounding right back into a dangerous offensive area. Every dump in around the boards requires the goalie to make a play on it or avoid it to not knock it into their own net as the puck swings around. Going full speed on a breakaway? Better hope you can stop before you splat yourself into the boards Wile E. Coyote style. Best of all, defensemen can't just stand behind the net for 10 seconds while their team sets up for breakout. This rule change would increase scoring, decrease dead time during the game, and make the game an overall more entertaining product.

160 words

Option 2 - Given the recent events in another sim league over the use of AI for the very short and not super time consuming activity that is a PT, I get why there would be discussion over what should be an appropriate punishment for anyone caught using AI to assist in said PTs. I have a couple of ideas of how this could be punished. There's the usual stuff like TPE deduction, suspension from league activities and the like, and while those are all very useful and will probably be the main way to punish this behavior going forward, I don't really think they get to the core issue. The only way for this to be punished is to make these users have to re-do the PTs that were found to be AI written in their own words while someone monitors them to make sure they don't use AI tools again. Additionally, they are to be assigned a special PT that will give no points, but is there for them to explain why them using AI to write a 150 word activity was so hard that they couldn't take 5 minutes to do it, or better yet, not do it at all if they found it to be so tedious. I believe this will really drive home the point with the user and make them realize this behavior will not be tolerated.

Code:
Word count: 230 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Code:
OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?

Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

My favorite idea for a rule is not necessarily funny, but I think it would help the game a bit. Since there does not seem to be a way to get rid of the shootout, I would propose allowing a back-checker so we don’t have these guys going so insanely slow and just lulling the goalie to sleep. The shootout itself should be gone, I would rather just keep going with 3-on-3 overtime, but that just won’t happen because of the way the schedule is. Just can’t have games going that deep into the night when there are constant back to back games. However at least being able to eliminate some of these super unrealistic moves that some players do when they barely coast in. Just makes a joke of a thing like the shootout a little less gimmicky. Just trying to take the massive individual efforts out of what I think is the ultimate team game.

157 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I think hockey should add a rule where every time a goalie gets a save an additional Puck is put on the ice. That way, when we have not gotten a goal in forever we increase the chances of a goal coming soon. Nobody likes low scoring games. They are boring and dumb! We want high scoring games. Goals galore! The more goals the better. And if we want more goals, we need to find a way to add more pucks! More pucks might strain the SHLs resources, but we can afford it. Imagine a game with a hundred or a thousand pucks on the ice at one time. Imagine the glory that could be earned, the records that could be broken, if we play with a million pucks at once. If we do a good enough job, every fan in the stands can take home a Puck as a souvenir. In the name of giving gifts to fans of the SHL, I say that we put as many picks on the ice as physically possible.

(176)
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2023, 01:28 PM by oknom.)

I’ll be honest, when I first signed up for SHL and browsed the forums, ChatGPT was my first thought when I saw all the PT’s and their word count requirements. I’ve never used it for SHL, but then again I’ve only ever used it maybe once. I think the biggest problem with it is it goes against the spirit of what the league is. It’s that min-max gamer mindset of trying to do something to the 99.999% percentile. If you’re not even writing your own PT, are you even reading anyone else’s? What are you even doing on the site? Just hoping to see your hockey number go up?

Like I said earlier, this goes against the spirit of the league. So the only appropriate punishment, is for the offender’s soul to be trapped within a crystal prison. The crystal will be auctioned off during charity drives. Users whose soul has been imprisoned are immediately placed into the 30% regression tier. They are also given one bare butt slap.

wc: 169

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

ChatGPT and other AI writing protocols are a dangerous thing for sim leagues. We are all here for fun and should have enought creativity to write out an easy 150 or more words. For those who don't understand this, I propose a  tier punishment system to encourage a change in their behavior and to ditter repeat offenders. First time offender activates tier one. They will be warned not to do that again and be allowed to retry the point task legitimately. On tier two you must write out 150+ appolgy on the danger of AI to art afterwards be allowed to retry the point task legitimately. It starts get serious at tier three where you loose the right to do point task for a week. Tier four is the same as tier three but extended over a whole season. The temperature goes to boiling with the final three tiers. Tier five is a suspension from play until a significant fine is paid. Tier six canceled the current contract and all money earn on that contract is owed back to the team. The final tier is automatic and permanent ban from the league and blacklisted by all major sim leagues.

Option 1

I have thought long and hard about this. The only rule I can think of, off the top of my head, that I would want changed is the one stating you cannot score a goal in a kicking motion. Why the hell not? Use whatever part of your body you can to score a goal. I have seen goals that deflected in off someone's ass and I think that is great! Allow the kicking motion! It is not like goalies are so bad that they cannot stop a puck. In my opinion allowing the "kick" will force even more creative goals to happen. I do not see how this can be abused? Now the only thing I can think of as to why it is not currently aloud, is because you have a chance to knife someones leg open during the kick. I am not talking about a full soccer (or football you my European friends) kick, I am talking a little kick for deflections. I rest my case.

[170]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

I think a good punishment for catching people who are using chat gpt would be making them hand write all the PTs and any media they write in the future. Sure lots of people write their own material, but it is done on a computer where you can type faster then you can write, you can google ideas, and you can spell check or easily delete parts to redo them. When writing things by hand, it becomes another task. Most people have messy hand writing which would cause the first issue of being able to properly grade it. Then the amount of time it takes to hand write things versus typing them would make them spend a lot more time on all these tasks. Finally, no spell check and no going back unless you are using a pencil that you can erase with. People try to get the advantage via chat GPT, however getting caught and hand writing will only leave them spending more time on tasks.
170+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Pt pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Option 2 - I'm on to you

I think something appropriate would be a fine of $1M for every prompt it is found to be used for, as well as a 2x TPE penalty for every prompt it is used for (i.e. if it is found to be used on a 3TPE prompt, that is a $1M fine with a 6TPE fine). In addition, there would be a higher modifier for each time a user is caught and a new punishment post needs to be made (2x first time, 3x second time, 5x 3rd time; for example). 

That said, I think it would be funny to ask AI to write the suspension punishment post, and suspend them for as many games as the AI suggests. There would be some irony in the situation and some complete randomness to it as well. I think you should use a different AI software each time, and ask the AI to base the new post off of the post written by the previous AIs, and see how far into disarray the punishment posts become. 

WC: 172

I can think of all sorts of whacky and humiliating punishments for getting caught doing point tasks and other league TPE tasks using chatGPT instead of just sitting down and word vomiting whatever shit posting that is floating around your brain into a 150 word TPE. Which is totally not what I'm doing right now, nor is it something I would ever admit to doing to inflate the number of words in a TPE task because I'm coming up just a tad short of the number of words needed for a task. Anyway. I think that chatGPT should be able to use you to write TPE tasks. Yup you have to ask chatGPT to give you a writing task for each task you cheated on. You must write 150 words on the task chat GPT gives you, and its very stringently graded. Every word must be relavant to this prompt. No world vomit inflation. This would really suck and harsh on the groove that I use to do TPE tasks
172 word

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France