Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?

Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

Graphic option: Illustrate your rule change in practice, including the entertaining results thereof.

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

Written Task: Describe an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

Graphic option: Draw an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, October 2nd at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S74, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

[Image: j3yxWjk.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

I am surprised this is not in the rulebook already, but I guess the SHL was not ready for the quick advance of AI becoming an issue in the league. If a user is caught using ChatGPT or other AI to write PTs (regardless if it is about basketball or not), the serious punishment should obviously be having the PT disqualified, the player fined (up to $500k) and/or a 10 TPE penalty removed from the players build/bank, with an increase to said penalties with each subsequent infraction. 

As for a fun punishment (on top of the fines and penalty), the user will use ChatGPT or their AI of choice to write prompt a 10 part series of a romantic fanfic of their choice (bonus points for continuing the trilogy of HFFO & Egg). The user can either then reinput that script into an AI image creator or turn it into an audiobook for all of us who can't Read Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

174 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2023, 11:46 AM by Jexter. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: Too Short. )

As punishment for writing using ChatGPT, you must write out a handwritten apology note in cursive that is one page in length and then take a picture to post it. The content of each sentence must be unique and not just "I'm sorry" over and over again. The paper must be at least 8.5 by 11 inches and the total length of the note must be 250 words. In addition, the profile picture of the user on both the SHL Forum and on Discord must have a dunce cap edited onto it and say the word "CHEATER", "AI LOVER" or "SKYNET". The user must also change their player's name to a name come up with by the person who caught them and ironically this name can be created via chatgpt. If the user is recreating or recreates within 5 seasons of being caught, the name punishment will extend to the next player as well. 

Now 157 Words

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Option 1

Given the opportunity to change one rule in the world that is ice hockey would be just massive. Would it be silly? Would it be more or less beneficial for the greater good of the game? Of course we pick the silly option, because this sport is just simply way too aggressive and serious. For the greater good and for people to get the most out of their money we would simply remove periods and overall preset game time from hockey. Ice hockey now becomes a "last man standing" sort of sport where it is more or less a marathon than a sprint that lasts 60 minutes and has 15 minutes breaks in-between periods. Naturally, the one who is the last man standing is going to score more, giving us the clear winner of the sport itself. Hockey now becomes an all-day event, giving us more revenue if we would simply split the game day into first half of the day and second half of the day. Twice the revenue, twice the fun. Because first half of games are always more energetic and the second half is more or less more chaotic.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

An appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT is having the guilty party write a 150-word apology on why they thought it was a good idea and why they will never do it again. Anytime it happens again reply with that post and have the next person do the same thing. I find it funny when people say they don't have the time to write out a PT. Because most the time my replies are just word vomit and I absolutely hate myself after writing them, but you bet your ass I still post it. It's a part of the process, it's a SIM league that you have control on your Laptop, PC or mobile phone. Just make some crap response that nobody will read except the person grading it. Another punishment if you don't want them to do more writing is to have them post the ChatGPT troll as their profile pic for a weeklong and then they can change it back to whatever they want. I don't know what said troll looks like, but we could come up with something fancy. 

181 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 10:39 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

The origin of hockey comes from various sports in England. The offside rule comes from football. Many rules at the beginning were heavily influenced by rugby. The hockey sticks in the early days were similar to those used in cricket and golf. Therefore, it could be interesting to revisit the roots of hockey through the lens of those sports. According to the Canadian Encyclopedia, one of the earliest recorded games was played in the Niagara region by a British soldier:

“Sir Richard George Augustus Levinge, a lieutenant of a light infantry unit stationed in Niagara, wrote in his memoirs, “Large parties contested games of hockey on the ice, some forty or fifty being ranged on each side.” He also explicitly mentions the use of skates during the games. (The Canadian Encyclopedia)

40 or 50… on each side. It is not hockey anymore, it’s a full-blown royal rumble on skates. It’s like those epic battles where each army lines up and shoots at each other. It’s survival of the fittest in its purest form. One can only wonder how they manage tracking the puck amidst the chaos. Or if the puck is really necessary in those circumstances. I would buy a ticket to see this for sure—family fun.

Code:
211 words, minus 51 for the quote

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

As we all know the rise of chatGPT has brought a rise in those using it to cheat out of working hard or using your own imagination for tasks. I believe the best way to punish people who wish to do less work is with more work of course! it would be best if every time a person is caught using chatGPT they lose their TPE for that task and then the next point task they should have to do double the word minimum. So rather then only doing 25-50 and 150 words minimum they would then have to do 50-100 and 300 word minimum for the rest of the point tasks. and should they be caught again another easy double to 100-200 words and 600 word minimum! the longer their minimum the easier to tell if it is a chatGPT copy  and the harder they will have to work for cheating and everyone will know who cheated since their posts will 2-3 times as long as everyone else.

OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?

If I could change/add any rule in hockey I would limit players to one set of equipment per game and allow them to play with broken sticks.  Your favorite winger or defense-man loves to wind up for a howitzer of a shot on the power play? Better hope his stick doesn't explode on him in the first period.  The other side of this in order to keep parity is that if you intentionally break an opponent's stick instead of the penalty box they get to break yours.  Gone will be the days of Marchand stomping on a player's blade waiting for a faceoff.  Obviously sticks themselves will change to be sturdier and stiffer, but that's also part of the fun.  For a crucial game 7 do you risk it all and get out that fiberglass twig that practically bends in 2 or play it safe with something that doesn't handle as well but will undoubtedly make it through the game.

Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

The funniest rule change? Well sadly I am not that funny so I think the best I can come up with is every time you take a penalty, you have to publically disclose one piece of compromising information. what that is, is up to the player. Could it ebe a hidden girlfriend that you have kept from the media? Could it be you doing some shady back-alley gambling deals? Could it be hanging out with the wrong crowd --- WHO KNOW! But, when you take a penalty, this must occur and will be fact-checked post game to insure validity, otherwise the amount of info disclosed is tripled (three pieces instead of one!). In the event there is no information to disclose, it will then break down into a game of truth and dare, and Gary Bettman asks you this, and you need to therefore choose and partake in the game, otherwise you are banned from the game of hockey!

Words: 158

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

prompt two the one about punishments for using chatgpt

well i think there are a few different ways you could punish people who are too lazy to just spew either one hundred and fifty words or twenty five words of pure and utter nonsense on the forums for either point tasks or mini (or is it micro? maybe even munko? @Duff101) point tasks. the first of these ways (the most sensible) would be to just retroactively remove that unethically earned tpe from the player, which should be quite easy now that we have the new and shiny and amazing update portal. the second way would be to make the user who used chatgpt for their point tasks on the forum write an apology totalling the total number of words that they cheated for their PTs, and make sure that the apology was not in any way written using ChatGPT or any of the GPT variants, or even the LLaMa variants or Bard or PaLM or any of the other large (or even medium or small ones like BERT and its variants!) language models. i think @hotdog would agree with me on this one!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]