Create Account

S73 All Star Week
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 12:44 AM by DigDoug11. Edited 3 times in total.)

1- Milestones -3 TPE

2- Shiny Grab Bag
A
When it comes to scoring goals, lacksamus has been a goal scoring machine for many seasons now, now just add in the other top goal scorer and you’ve got a recipe for success that would make any goalie shiver. We will have to wait to see the out come, but I believe any line with lacksamus will be successful.

B
You would absolutely keep those teams together, I mean after all those four teams did manage to make deep into the playoffs, even previous playoffs, it’s been those 4 teams. The only reason you would change things up would be to give everyone some ice time, but if you want to win, then your best shot would be to keep those lines together.

So Trevor Lahey is still in the J for one more season, and isn’t fully up to date on all the info on his SHL team the steelhawks. But here we go anyway, the steelhawks only had one person off the bat make the allstar team, which is a bit of a shame because a few of their players should have made it. One of those player would be Paul koivu, Paul was in the top ten this season for goals and shots on net, the goals one alone is pretty impressive. Another player would be wide peepo happy 3 koivu, boy thats quite a name. This player while being a defence men manage to 2 on the leader board for goals scored by a d man. Also leading in shot percentage and being in the top 10 power play goals This season. I’m sure there are a few more but these were the 2 that stood out the most to me.
162 words
3+2+3=8 TPE

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

GM Pass

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 09:29 AM by Fluw.)

GM Pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 03:20 AM by Katth. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones - x TPE
Milestones

2. Shiny Grab Bag - 2 TPE
a. The Eastern conference top line will score the most goals, because that is my conference and I play with them. Besides that Ivan Lacksamus had such a great season that he's arguably the best player of the all star game. He will pot at least a hat trick and maybe even more. Hopefully I can get an assist on one of them.
b. As a couch I would not want to break up these pairs. They got a lot of good chemistry together, but it is also something the fans want to see. Fans come for a show and having the top pairs from the big teams play together is great for the crowd.

3. The Teammate - 3 TPE
My teammate and good buddy Taschen Messer deserves a nod for last player in. He quietly had a really great season and scored twenty goals and had forty one assists. He was also just a minus eight while most of use were in negative double digits. He also had a stellar face off win percentage with 55.8%. His ice time was well over twenty one minutes per game. So I would say he deserves one of the last players in spots for the all star game and be able to enjoy the show together with me. I would love for him to be there with me as well and we can go out to town and have a few drinks together and simply hang out. I also think he would fit in really well with the rest of the allstar crew on and off the ice. Overall he is a great guy to be around.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

8 TPE Total

-----

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up? (90 words)

Fuck, I say let 'em play. There's a reason those tandems worked as well as they did all season, right? You wouldn't cut off your right tire and leave the left to fend for itself just because all of a sudden the media wants to talk about how maybe your right tire is too dependent on your left tire and your left tire needs to lead a car by itself to prove that it's not just a hanger-on, right? I mean, it's an axle for a reason. Anyway. Vote Podzer.

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!) [53 words]

Podcalzone is maybe the toughest son of a bitch we've got in Seattle, all things given, besides me of course. The physicality, the determination, the grit, the silky mitts, the goal scoring ability. There's no reason he shouldn't be playing the all-star game there alongside me and Sophie Boards or whoever. Vote Podzer.

-----

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Go Team! (154 words)

If Podzy gets the last man in nomination, and he absolutely fucking should, then I think it's an absolute no-brainer to run me, him, and Sophie Boards on the third line there. I mean, there's legitimately nothing more unreal than three basement dwellers with nothing to fight for but pride and a draft pick teaming up to run up some easterners and fill 'em in all the way through. Sure, sure, the Edmonton boy and LEG have "a lot of skill" between the three of them and MST and Donskoi "play the game the right way," but look at the fucking intangibles on the Fiordezone line: basement dwellers, Saiyan pride, and nearly a combined 300 hits between the three of them in the regular season. If that doesn't scream grit and glue for your ASG run, I don't fucking know what does, pal. Vote Podcalzone and watch some fucking chiclets fly this all-star weekend.

-----

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (189 words)

Okay, so hear me out. I know we only roster the two goalies for ASG weekend, but hear me out.

It's a fucking shame that the corrupt commissioner declined a league-wide petition to have Argonauts backup goaltending legend Thor Odinson attend the all-star festivities in his final season with the league. There might not have been a single better backup goaltender in the league than Odinson who, even on glass bones and paper skin towards the end of his career, still put up crazy numbers and shutouts against even some of the best teams in the league--he wasn't just getting a soft as baby shit schedule every year, right, this dude was getting shelled by some of the best, consistently, at least a few games per season, and WINNING more often than he lost. So for corrupt and, frankly, not particularly handsome commissioner WannabeFinn to not allow for a third dressed goaltender in the west purely because he "thinks that Seattle management is a little up its own ass" is just a fucking shame for the history of backups in the sport. There will never be another Thor Odinson.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

gimme dat ASW pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2023, 03:14 AM by Jakesdy. Edited 2 times in total.)

a. I bet on West top line. I think after winning a championship, Blizzard's guys will be on emotional boost. And there will be Ekholm-Gunnarsson, which scored 152 points this season! There is a very good line, and i think, that these guys will be score more than East top line.
Word count: 50
+1 TPE
b. As it saying, "don't fix it, if that unbroken". I''ll don't make any changes in pairs, because that are a very well played pairs, showed good themselves in regular season and playoffs. If you have an ace up your sleeve that can give you a good advantage in the game, why not use it?
Word count: 54
+1 TPE
c. These goaltender pairs very good, but if it needs to be choosed one of them, i'll choose Time-Brzeczyszczykiewicz pair, because it is more statistically reliable pair. In regular season these guys showed themselves as a very reliable goaltenders. They have a good reaction speed, psychologically and game skills. I think they will do their best, so that as few pucks as possible end up in the Western Conference net.
Word count: 69
+1 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3439429S73 SMJHL Milestones
+1 TPE
Total TPE: +4 TPE

[Image: M3SilsV.png]
Sig by @enigmatic

AS Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 03:51 PM by sliceruser. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.
Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

milestones link - 3TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?

a. The East has a very strong lineup for their top line whether they choose to go Shoyo Hinata or Ricky Koivu and im sure they will do amazing in the all star game but i have to go with the Cup winning topline of Evan Winter and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev plus Ekholm gunnarsson who ever since my first season entering the league was in awe of their stats and dominance. I feel like LEG will put the EDM top line onto another level and be dominant this all star game.

b. I can see where the temptation to break up defensive pairing is and how it could work to create some crazy top line talent but when it comes to Defensive pairings they are unique in that they have very lightning in a bottle synergy at times. there is simple to high a risk of them not working together to mix and match for me to break them up if i were to be the coach of either team so i understand why they kept them together here.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)

Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Alexandros Mograine is currently in the J still so this will be about my SHL team’s player. As far as who I would choose to be the last player in for my team it would of course have to be defensemen Ben Jammin. I am a bit surprised that he was not picked before last man in for although he as not had the best offensive season he still put up another consistent 50 point season as well as tied for 8th most powerplay goals, his defensive game has been insane for a defensemen who is more offense focused. He came 24th for shots blocked which when you dive deep into the stats is second best for a defenseman who scored as many points as him as only 1 player with more blocks had more points than him. And the true kicker to these stats are his takeaways which led the entire league at 91 with only 1 player coming within 5 takeaways of him and only 11 giveaways which is simply insanity. This is fully all star worthy in my opinion and my vote is for Ben Jammin.

-189 words

J GM All Star pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

offseason pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

GM pass

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

GM pass

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

SMJHL HO Pass

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2023, 07:06 AM by the5urreal. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

MILESTONES LINK
+3 TPE

Code:
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a. With a tie atop the goal leaderboard during the regular season, one from each conference, this isn’t as straightforward an answer as it usually is. That said, it’s hard not to go with goal leader Evan Winter on a line with his teammate and second highest goal scorer Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev. Throw in Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson with them and you’ve got a deadly top line and a goalie’s worst nightmare.
[68 words]
c. Similar to the goal scoring question, it’s hard not to go with who I believe was the best goalie in the league, Olof Karsikko. Casey Fantobeans is no slouch himself. Not the best defense in front of him and still near the top of the GAAA and Save% leaderboard. That’s not to take anything away from Justin TIme or Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz who were great themselves.
[65 words]
+2 TPE

PBE AFFILIATE CLAIM
+3 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]