Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Buzz

Code:
There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

I think players should be allowed to not play if they prefer not to. No one should be forced to watch their player on an IIHF roster if they wish to not be involved. I think the transfer rules are fine but wouldn't be opposed to slight tweaking. I think IIHF would greatly benefit from educating new creates more before they choose a nation and there's some changes that could be made to fix that but the transfer system itself is fine.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Gms should definitely be paid because they have the greatest impact on the league and keeping individual players active except that TML guy hes trash

-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

I was quite surprised to find out that GMs didn't get paid. I would think with all their work they do they deserve something. Maybe each teams GMs get awarded a lump sum and then they can split that between themselves by how much work they did in comparison to the other.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Code:
-There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

I do think that people should be able to sit out, just like IRL, especially with the transfer rules that are in place right now. It should be the GMs job to try to get them to play, and if they do a poor job which makes the player upset, it should definitely be the players choice whether he plays or not.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I have already expressed my position in favor of GM pay pretty strongly so I will go the easy way. The GM pay should be implemented. They are doing a job on the site and I do not care how prestigious it is or that we want people who are doing it for fun to do it, they should still get paid. The pay should be done seasonally like just about every other job.

The simmer is a prestigious job on the site. Only people who are doing it for the good of the league should do it. Are we going to stop paying Evok and JR?

Bankers can not update for a month and they're making how much a season? If a an unpaid GM didn't do anything for a month it'd be a disaster.

Pay the GMs.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Calgary and Winnipeg is quickly becoming *the* rivalry of the SHL. Regular season, playoffs, game 7's, you name it. It's gonna be a banger.

[Image: insayne.gif]

I hope we have the chance to play against the Buffalo Stampede because they are the worst team in the East so it should an easy win <a href='index.php?showuser=2873' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>karey</a>

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

-There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

While i really hope it doesnt happen to me, a player should be able to say if he wants or not to play into iihf. Like IRL, players should be 'invited' to play for their federation and in no way forced to do it.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jun 9 2018, 11:34 AM

Oh yeah, I didn't clarify. I didn't agree with that rhetoric AT ALL. I don't believe in one bit that Head Office acted for selfish gain. However, there was grounds for that impression that can't be denied. The unlikely potential of something like that exists and is only held off on blind faith in our Head Office.

My suggestion would try to eliminate that as well as give teams the security and comfort of having an advocate in the Head Office.

I am only using the Kit suspension as an example of when this could happen. The suspension prior to the alteration was an in game suspension when previous precedent for similar actions resulted in a league posting suspension. I think a mistake was made by HO that was corrected really quickly, and I respect that. [b]But in the moment prior to the penalty adjustment, my teammates felt that the suspension was not appropriate for the penalty and associated that with the HO being members of a rival team (again, something I don't agree with but I see how they came to that conclusion)
[/b]

alright.... I haven't been very vocal here lately (for personal reasons) other than the odd post or two per day, so I'll just say this. Maybe the first and last time I will talk about this....

I also might get in trouble for saying this.

I'll be honest, I'm an advocate for in game suspensions. Personally I don't think a posting ban is very effective with the integration of discord throughout the league. Maybe you miss a week's worth of TPE but even then if you're fast enough to get your week's worth of TPE, then all you're really getting is a week's holiday from posting.

That being said I couldn't give two shits what team you're on. I've always been advocating for more player suspensions ever since my first moment of action in HO with the Portland cap circumvention scandal. If you're breaching conduct of any kind, you should get dinged with an in game suspension depending on the severity of course, it don't matter to me what team you're on. (I know you were referring earlier about Logan only getting a posting ban. I absolutely advocated for a game suspension for that specific case, as well as JP for using derogatory terms towards others multiple teams for which was mostly the reason the rule was put in place btw.)

I know some of your teammates think that HAM members on HO are after you guys, that's not the case. One wanted no punishment at all, the other wanted something light. I advocated for a player suspension. So if you guys want someone to go after, don't go after crutch or teddy, go after me.

Also like to mention that I personally asked <a href='index.php?showuser=2699' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-24'>Evok</a> to delay the sim so your GMs who were asleep at the time of posting the suspension would have time to do lines instead of being dinged by auto lines.

Lastly, I do think there should be a reform of the appeal rules so players getting hit with in game suspensions are allowed to play games during their appeals.

Hope this clears some things up. I apologize if I sound like a dick.

Uh, yeah. Pay GMs. :D Tie it to getting offseason tasks done. If you miss your tasks, you forfeit your GM pay for that season.

I'm most excited for our first round matchup with Calgary.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Quote:Originally posted by MWHazard@Jun 9 2018, 05:15 PM
Uh, yeah. Pay GMs. :D Tie it to getting offseason tasks done. If you miss your tasks, you forfeit your GM pay for that season.

I'm most excited for our first round matchup with Calgary.

That's not dumb at all.

Quote:Originally posted by Evok@Jun 9 2018, 08:01 PM

While i really hope it doesnt happen to me, a player should be able to say if he wants or not to play into iihf. Like IRL, players should be 'invited' to play for their federation and in no way forced to do it.
Absolutely correct. It's your player, and you should have the right to play or not play. In my eyes, the SHL is very much a "RP" scenario. I play things out the way I would if I were my player.... and that includes not playing for a team unless I actually want to do it, especially an IIHF scenario.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Also - I am pretty interested to see how the LA vs EDM match up shakes down. After a long stretch of playoff drought, the Blizzard finally returned to the postseason in S39 where we fell to Winnipeg in the 1st round in Game 7. S40 saw improvement for the Blizz, but we fell to WPG in OT of G7 that time.

We're hoping a different scenario provides different results here....

Quote:Originally posted by Blastmeaway@Jun 9 2018, 05:35 PM
-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

I was quite surprised to find out that GMs didn't get paid. I would think with all their work they do they deserve something. Maybe each teams GMs get awarded a lump sum and then they can split that between themselves by how much work they did in comparison to the other.
I could see that being a good idea. There's a lot of different caliber of Co-GMs... I could see a brand new Co-GM that is learning the ropes getting a lower % than say, one with a myriad of experience.

I have been saying that GM's should get paid for several seasons now. I don't find any issues of how it should be done. Just pay them the same as for any other job in the league and thats it.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]