NSFL PT Toivo on NSFL

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The league knows there is a salary cap problem? You're stating this as if it's fact.

In actuality, it's really not based in facts AT ALL. There is a perceived problem, sure. But let me get into that...

First off, one's salary isn't designed to create zero work for players. It's supposed to supplement earning from jobs, media, graphics, etc. in order to help make training a bit less of a burden. The fact is that we will always need members to help the site and the community operate and to create content. We can't just make earnings irrelevant.

But let's look at the REAL situation in the league - not the perceived one. If every team were to give every player their base salary... do you want to guess what the cost would be?

$58,593,750

What does this mean? That the average SHL team has essentially $19 million in disposable salary to split among its active players. While I have not evaluated how many actives each team has, it's really quite conceivable that this allows room for the average team to offer EVERY SINGLE ACTIVE $1 MILLION ABOVE MINIMUM.

What I'm trying to say is that clearly we do not have a cap problem. Maybe we have a cap management problem, maybe we have a job payment problem. But there is no reason at all to raise the cap.

I guess now I'll fit the requirements of the PT. Poopity Scoop is too underpaid at $3 million. He led the Chiefs in dman scoring, hitting, and shot blocks. He is truly a great player a franchise player and needs to be paid for it. They should trade George Moore so Poopity Scoop can make $20 million per season. This will help the Chiefs both retain a truly outstanding player and get rid of dead weight so it's really a win win. @Leppish @Baelor Swift

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

I have pretty much randomly decided to look at the Buffalo Stampede. Out of their top 5 point scorers this season, Dermot Lavelle is paid what is probably a fair price of 6M per season, but the rest of the group - Oliver Konig, Kevin Hamilton, Tatu Makela, and most egregiously Viktor Marius - are all at 3 or 4 million of AAV for the length of their contracts, including some team-friendly long term deals. Marius is of particular interest considering he is being paid half as much as Dermot while leading the team in scoring on top of having one of the top points totals in the league outside of that first line for the Chiefs. Raising his contract to 6M per season and those of Konig, Hamilton, and Makela to at least 5 would cost the team an additional 7M per season. Conor McGregor's 3M salary would be one pretty easy trade option to free up some of that total at minimal impact to the team, and with Leafer Rielly retiring anyways the same could be said for him at this point. Going forward, I think the team would have to move on from at least one of their top 4 defensemen (Makela joined by Metzler, Walker, and McZehrl) or possibly someone like TJ Bayley or Brock Becker among their forwards to keep enough cap space open for these more realistic salaries.

@karey
@[Winter is Coming]
@WannabeFinn
@kckolbe
@Sleepy
@XLeafer

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 01:11 PM by jRuutu.)

When looking at the Edmonton Blizzard, there are couple players that pop out right away, Derrick Glover is on 4m deal and Wolf Von Hammersmark earns a whopping 5m, both are under 650 TPE and playing on the bottom-6, Glover on the third line as a center and Wolf played in the third line as well before getting pushed into the press box at the end of the regular season - he did not even play full 50 games, so those two are in the classic overpaid category. I would say a fair price would be around 2.5m for both, decent players still, but paying 9m for the pair? That is too much for inactives.

Luckily both have their deals running out now, so my suggestion is kicking their asses out of the door if they ask money like that.

To add a positive touch to this report, guys like McIntyre, Tanner, Mack and Pepperoni should get a pay increase, elite level players and extremely talented upcoming young players who are already playing in big roles, they are the future and core of the Blizzard and could all maybe use at least million or two extra on their salary to match the work ethic and talent levels. Perhaps the money potentially coming out of the books with Gloves and WVH can be used on the mentioned players?

Looking at the Dragons Salary cap for the S46 Season, one thing is clear, nobody gets paid on the Dragons. The highest paid player on the team is Shooter McGavin with a mind blowing $5 Million. The teams heart and sole Captain Mike Izzy and his 2000+ TPE only makes $4 Million a season. Crazy. With so many prospects in the pipeline, it's impossible to feed someone a beast of a contract without cutting out some of the promising future dragons. However, we may see the Dragons at a crossroads this offseason, as the team has many players that are going to be Unrestricted Free Agents, most notably the aforementioned Mike Izzy, and budding Scoring Winger Nicky Pedersen Jr. Izzy has been in the league for many season, and has made millions in the league, and currently has $37M in the bank, I predict he will take the minimum allowed by the league for such a star player. However, that is not the case with Nicky Pedersen Jr., with only $1.5M in the bank, Pedersen is going to need to get paid, so that he can continue to improve his young player. Pay the man his Money ($10M)! It's time to reward the younger Pedersen, after years of taking what ever he was offered to fit into the Dragons Budget. On a side note, I feel that the cap should be expanded. With requiring 3 full lines of players and defense, the Cap without a doubt should be expanded, so that players can actually get paid what they are worth.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Have you seen Minnesota's salaries? Some make a lot of sense, while others not so much. Lets take a look at some of these salaries.

The Good
Season 34 Noro Wozy has a pretty fair four million contract for his 1162 TPE. S38 Dick Skillstedt probably has the most team friendly contract with 4 million for his 1348 TPE.

The Bad
Terrance Nova is a super star player making super star dollars. Six million this season and seven million next. That's a whole lot of training. This deal could really hurt the team next season when they have a whole slew of players to get back under contract. The season 32 player regression will be hitting harder and harder every season, hopefully this deal does not bite them in the ass.

The Ugly
Eero Niemi's 8 million dollar contract. Niemi is a season 43 draftee who is making WAY to much for his 828 TPE count. While it only has one season left, what happens when they have to resign him and he wants the same or close to it? Might end sour, it might turn out okay. Only time will tell.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

The Edmonton Blizzard Salary cap is not something I pretend to know anything about.

Let's take a random look at it though.

Tommy Tuck at 5mil? Not enough...star goalies are not grown on trees and this guy is amazing. I think he should be making 6mil minimum. He adds locker room chemistry and a dedicated builder.

Hercules and Teddy are both top stars who could easily make 7mil be they are great team players.

We have tons of contracts coming up for renewal right now so it's interesting to see what direction this team is going to take? Should we try and keep the drives alive and shell out some cash for some UFAs? Or are we going to be patient to develop more within? Right now it's anyone's guess as I don't even know who our GM is going to be!

Our entire Dcore are on great team deals...Kalju until after S48 at 4mil is great. I think we would have a much harder time building if we didnt have such a great dcore.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Well one of them is pretty easy to talk about. Karlstraße Scholz took one for (what used to be his own) team in Edmonton. His 3 year deal with an AAV of 733,333 Dollars and a first year of just 200k. He underpaid himself to help the team, but he is worth a lot more than that. Which is pretty obvious because Karlstraße Scholz is an amazing player and is doing really well in Kelowna right now. Edmonton does have enough cap space to pay him what he deserves, but it’s not like Scholz’s bankroll is suffering. Perhaps now that he isn’t the GM of Edmonton anymore they will fix his salary.

Also my boy Dick Clapper is only getting 2M right now, while he deserves closer to 3M. Dick already had a good rookie year with the Kelowna Knights, but this year has been a breakout year for him. He will make his mark next year in the SHL with the New England Wolfpack.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

NManhattan doesn’t have a huge amount of send downs to review, 5 currently.

And all four signed from s46 have benefited from a year were general manager @JayWhy chose to invest spare cap space into those contracts. Front loading them with a nice signing bonus. Jakub Novak @Esso2264 who is the lone s45 send down has had a contract extension this season bringing them more in line with the other prospects.

So the best way to review Manhattan’s send down pay is really the length of contract. Andrej Doskoci @Citizen of Adraa and Peter Larson @Tomasnz were both given full term contracts from rage. Andrej as the first round pick and future needed defenceman makes a lot of sense to lock in for as long as possible. Peter is perhaps more questionable, given the team finally has a goalie just about to hit 800tpe, but then the team traded up to draft him, so maybe rightly want to protect their investment longer term. David Vent @ImShiny , an active but maybe not top tpe earning player was signed for three years, and the quiet locker room presence of Zach Laliber @soyna87 has only signed for a one year contract. 

reviewing that, against the send down tpe growth, Manhattan have been rewarded in their longer term signings of Peter and Andrej, who have both passed 400tpe, Jakub has not yet lived up to the contract extension, but as a strong LR presence and good level of tpe already earned there is plenty of time for Manhattan to see a ROI from them. Based only on tpe earning alone, Zach probably deserves a longer contract  than David, so will be interesting to see how negations between @JayWhy and @soyna87 progress this offseason.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 09:27 AM by GCool.)

The Salary Cup is fucked, and it always will be. Why? Because the most productive players will willingly take less, knowing full well they'll make what a few contracts combined will net them through media, jobs, and possibly other avenues. That will forever throw off whatever sort of economic model that the Head Office will attempt to fit. It's a logistical model in that you have to consider multiple categories: does this player actually produce? Can I guarantee a supplemental income for this player through media or a job? Will I have to remind this person to train? Then, and only then, could you assign a true value to points scored in the SHL. It'd be the first step, but it'd be worth it.

But I digress albeit eloquently. Let's look at a team ... I was expecting the Texas Renegades to be a little screwy considering they only have $500k in cap space left; however, it seems that everything has been very evenly spaced out. The top earner, Louie Garrett, is making the most on the team; the guys right behind him in Dude, Jensen and Essellemm make slightly less. There's sort of a log jam at what would be a salary grade below that -- but then you look at the quality send-downs that the team is choosing to pay 2-3M. I'm sure there's a reason why they're only paying Walter Hobbs a few million - that reason could very well be the send-downs. That's where the issue, if anything, in this budget comes up for me. They're paying the send-downs too much at the risk of making top players unhappy. If they want to keep most of these players around for a Cup run once those Juniors players are good and ready, they're going to have to redistribute the wealth a little bit - and not how Bernie would want it distributed. @Dude @iamslm22 @whoever jensesn and garrett are

Also @Dangles13 are you still Budget Director? If so, you should add an umlaut to Gronkjaer or take it out of TPE list; that's why the VLOOKUP isn't working. Smile

[Image: ntaFBiX.png]

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

NSFL Pt

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]