Create Account

S46 PT #5 - Salary Cap Report
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 01:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: money_logo_png_890975.png]

The SHL Salary cap for S46 is set at 70 milllion dollars. With a 20 man roster and allocated money for send downs its difficult for teams to offer the type of contracts that are truly deserved! To stay within budget every team has a player taking a home town discount and players who settle for less. But what would happen if players signed contracts that matched there actual worth? The league knows there’s a salary cap problem and there asking you to look into the issue and send them over a report!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...3K9_U/edit

Written Task: The link above gives you access to all 16 SHL budgets for S46. In a 150+ word report choose a team and correct a few of there egregious salaries to what there true value is!...and then explain what (qualities, attributes) makes that player worth the amount you chose for them.. Then end the report with any recommendations on how that team can move forward. --> IE.. Who can’t they afford now? Who should they waive or trade to fit within the cap? should they call up a cheaper player? How do these changes affect the franchise? (*tag all players involved)

**For SMJHL players: Rookie contracts range from 1-3 million dollars...in 150 words or more, choose some players on your team and explain what there salaries should be worth and what makes them worth that amount? (*tag all players involved)

Graphic task: Create a graphic of a player whos salary should be modified. This graphic should have that players name, render and there team logo.. as well as there new salary and at least 2 bullet points on why you chose that amount for them.

Additional Information:
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, March 31 at 10PM EST.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Placeholder

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 07:47 PM by hhh81.)

When one looks at the consistently ineffective New England Wolfpack, the most egregious contract has to be that of the unquestioned team MVP, Tigole Bitties @Ace. He plays center normally, and scores at a frenetic pace (54, 51, 49, 58, 50 points the five seasons prior to S46). This season he was asked to play defense the entire year and hard carried the Wolfpack to a league worst record while still putting up 47 points from the blueline. Not a single forward on the Wolfpack scored more than 29 points, showing just how important Bitties is to the team. However, he keeps signing one-year, $5 million contracts with NEW, when he could easily demand $8-10 million on the open market. Bitties is a game changing player and should be paid as such. It’s shocking to see Bitties isn’t even the highest paid player on the roster; that distinction is held by the maddenly inconsistent but very kind Manuel Gotze @Mavfatha. Gotze's best years have come feeding off Bitties' tremendous skill.

Another shocking contract is that the franchise likes their 215 TPE inactive winger Max Hansen @mbhansen so much, they chose to pay him two contracts amounting to $2.5 million this past season. Hansen appeared in all 50 games this past season, but only averaged 0.19 minutes of ice time per game. Cutting his overblown salary will be key to paying Bitties what he’s worth. With young talented wingers like Gordie Boomhover @gordieboom in the prospect pool, the team may also benefit from moving on from a bottom six player like Cam Ouelette next season @Camo

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PBE PT

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

The team I choose to look at is the team for which I play for, the Toronto North Stars. Globally, the North Stars salary structure is pretty spot on with a few guys that are underpaid and a few others that are overpaid. On the underpaid size the two that stands out are Bob Bergen and Mikhail Lokitonov whom both earn three million per season. If it wasn’t from the home town discount, both these players would be looking at salaries of five million or more, since they are the team’s best players at their respective positions. However, there are more players on the overpay side. Michael McFadden should see is salary go down from four million since he is on the decline. Inactive Wolfhard Richter is also earning too much at two million for an inactive player. The player Toronto might have problems affording starting from next season is Halfdan Thorstein who is currently earning six million per season. Thorstein decline has started to show and he will probably need to cut is salary in half if he wants to stay in Toronto.
184 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Looking at Manhattan Team Budgets, some players are lacking the money compared to the points they are getting. 

For Example James Dekens took a very team friendly deal at 3mil until S49, and Dekens is one of their best fowards this season posting above 40 points, his corrected salary should be in the 5mil range. @monkey10pts

Jax Aittokallio is also even more Criminally underrated and underpaid in his salary of only 1 mil. For a leader on and off the ice along with his point totals I can see him earning 6 million for a couple seasons. @JayWhy

Criag Finely is also someone who does everything for the team. As a defenseman he kills penalties, participates on the Power Play, and blocks a shitton of shots as well. Having him paid only 3.25 mil until S49 is also very cheap as I can see him go for 4 mil atleast. @hats_4_days 

With that being said, with the price increase the Cap that Manhattan would hit would be at 76,750,000 at the lowest, and pusshing 80 mil at the highest

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 01:57 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Stampede

Ive been asked to send the league a salary cap report so i scoured the teams and have decided on Buffalo where 2 team friendly deals stand out.

First belongs to emerging superstar Victor Marius who's currently making 3 million dollars in S46 and in S47. Marius has always been the franchises prodigal son but this past season his skill caught up to his potential with a monster season on the ice boasting 59 points and 221 hits! On the ice marious is moving into his prime, off the ice he a positive figure within the SHL community and does allot of graphical charitable work for the league.. this definitley adds to the price tag. A true franchise player like this should come with a 8.75 million dollar per season price tag.. and that may be a little low TBH.

The 2nd player with an egregious contract is stud defenseman Tatu Makela. A player who has emerged as a budding young star with 2 seasons left until regression. Tatu has climbed to the top of a strong Stampede defensive unit after a 42 point, 139 hit, 73 block season in 46. With room to get better, a 3 million dollars per season is not a factual amount. I have raised his salary to 7.1 million dollars per season.

The additional 9.8 million to the budget puts Buffalo in a rather difficult situation, obviously some hard decisions would follow. I would recommend speeding up the inevitable by bringing up center Monkey Luffy to replace Connor McGreggor who i would waive.. this would save the team a some money. Id also consider another call up to replace Leifer Reillys large contract. Buffalo is rather talented in the forward position.. if they want to stay securely under the cap then trading 1 of TJ Baily or Kevin Hamilton may be there best option.

@karey
@WannabeFinn

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 12:47 PM by StadiumGambler.)

(Sorry for the tags rookies, but I forgot to add them into this PT. Good thing I double checked!)

For the SMJHL's Colorado Raptors, they had a number of rookies due to how the team was structured after all the callups. Obviously top rookie Juulius Smonk (@storm ) would get the max, the man was a highly regarded playmaker and deserved his draft spot. Second and third rounders Julio Tokolosh (@Julio Tokolosh ), Jason Kruger (@TheFlash ), and Jake Peralta (@GoldenKnight ) would get somewhere in the range of $2 mill to $2.5 mill, with maybe Toko going a bit closer to the max.

Now obviously they all deserved max for the sake of player development, but thats not how this would work IRL, and they'd instead be seen as the possible backbone of the team rather than the future team-defining star, which Toko is and Peralta could be. Same with Akashi SixNine (@FourFour ), who was an absolute steal in Round 4 but would probably hover around 2 mill despite being clearly one of the best rookies available.

Ja'aj Coitus-Wagg (@Jaemistightdabs ) would be considered a good team guy and future leader so he'd get around 1.5 to 2 mill. Colby Weeds (@HeyColby ) and the superbly monikered Duke Nukemstein (@JohnWayne30289054 ) were both super longshots to make it (and unfortunately it seems like neither one will), so they'd get the minimum.

Lincoln Riley (@RehnX ) was signed as a mercenary FA well after the draft, and I could see him getting a mid to high range deal normally, due to how highly regarded of a prospect he would be coming in. I'm not totally sure how AAV works for guys who sign mid-season or if they even get full deals, so he might get the minimum instead?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 01:12 PM by TnlAstatine.)

-not doing gonna be capped with iihf predictions-

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2019, 04:44 PM by ViN.)

[Image: 6uoHfw8.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

I am playing currently playing for the Montreal  Militia and am signed with the Edmonton  Blizzard for my SHL team. A fellow rookie of mines who is currently playing down in the Lethbridge  Lions is @linsangeles.

We both have signed the same contract with the  Blizzard Where we both are earning $5M the first year and then $2M for the next two years. The contract is loaded up front for the both of us to have the ability to utilize the SHL training to its fullest potential for our first year. @karlssens signed a lesser deal compared to me and Cant is for $200K folllowed by $1M for the next two seasons. 

All of us are slowly improving our play and over time we will earn more TPE and better our player. The top paid player currently is for $7M on the  Blizzard and while us rookies shouldn't expect to earn that, we should look to earn around $3-4M after our ELC. But that is dependent on the team, cap space and if we are happy with where we are in the next few seasons. A lot of variables go into contract discussions and is different for each player. 

Cant's TPE has not improved that much with only 287, whereas Karlstra's is at 438 TPE. Cant might have a difficult time getting a hefty contract, whereas Karlstra has shown signs of commitment to developing himself into a solidified SHL player when the time comes for him to be called up. I say Cant should look to earn around $1M and Karlstra can negotiate his contract beginning at $3M and work with management from there.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

[Image: ikjBnIt.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 08:36 PM by karlssens.)

Nvm

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

If we look at the Edmonton Blizzard's budget, we notice 2 players right away who have clearly sold themselves short. Of course, we're talking about Connor Tanner and Brady McIntyre.

Both of these players make 3 million dollars a season, a steal by every stretch of the imagination. They are 2 of the best defencemen in the league and this season was no different. Brady put up a 38 points, 94 hits, and 76 shot blocks. Tanner put up 36 points, 38 hits, and 67 shot blocks. They play huge minutes for Edmonton, both on the power play and penalty, and are asked to carry a heavy load. Based on their production and work load, I would estimate that Brady should be worth 4.5 million dollars and Connor be worth 4 million dollars. A modest upgrade, but a raise nonetheless.

Now, with those raises, Edmonton adds 2.5 million dollars to their cap, which works out great for them since that's exactly how much cap space they had left. The only problem is this will now leave Edmonton with no wiggle room. Trade talks will be much harder since the money coming in has to match the money coming out. This does handcuff the GMs hands, but with some savvy negotiating, they could still make a move if it calls for one. They'll just have to get creative with it.

@Keygan @caltroit_red_flames

(229 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

[Image: 0mnz7iD.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]