Create Account

S70 mPT#2: The Bookworm

That is probably me. Stuck reading silly young adult books again because I am a child. But I got to know what's gonna happen to Peeta! Though I like Gale better.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Spack Jarrow is the guy that's constantly reading books on the plane. Farquaads, Ekholm-Gunnarsson, and Peterson usually play cards on the flight. I can't tell you what Jarrow usually reads, although Farquaads usually makes jokes that they are smut books.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Its me, im the nerd its me. Im currently reading Hyperion by Dan Simmons. Its a fantastic scifi book about Seven people: the Hegemony Consul, Colonel Fedmahn Kassad, the poet Martin Silenus, the scholar Sol Weintraub, the detective Brawne Lamia, and the tree Templar Het Masteen traveling together that have been chosen to go on the Shrike pilgrimage to the Time Tombs (strange monuments that are traveling backward through time) on the planet Hyperion.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

I think the book reader on our team would be tig Murphy. That guy is always learning. Probably a hockey strategy book just cause he is a nerd

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

04-05-2023, 07:38 AMSledgehammerPete Wrote: The entire Malamutes team is a bunch of bookworms.  Our GM @Fluw and I spend countless hours reading books about our universe.  @Eggcracker9 also enjoys the discussions about space and the universe.

ARE FISH FLYING TO CRABS?!

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

I'm going with Slip McScruff again for LA. Part of it is probably because I'm paying more attention to him than other players, always wondering what the old man is up to. Sometimes it is books. Never noticed what he reads though. I assume mystery novels or something.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Max Carnage is a super nerd and is always checking his stats on the plane. He just picked up a copy of Moneyball and thinks he's going to be the next *insert baseball player here*.

The biggest nerd on the team is definitely ASM. That guy is a trove of random knowledge he gained through studying and reading. There is not a person on the team who knows more about the history of the league and the Hall of Fame.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Lester Oiduser is always reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War. As captain he needs to keep a sharp mind and always have an attack and defense plan.

(28 words)

Kool-Aid McKinstry is actually the biggest bookworm on the team. When I asked him what he was reading, he said it was a book about how to break through brick walls...wonder why.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Ralph Ryan (@kast3rborous ) is probably the one who read the more books. I don't know why, but he kept telling us about the Tom Clancy's series with Jack Ryan.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

Our team nerd is actually a groupie that follows us from game to game named val. We absolutely love having them around, but you can bet you'll find them nose deep in just about any sports history book during any down time.

"You know, despite being the biggest card shark on the bus by a mile, would you be surprised to learn that Kermy [Murphy] is also, like, a massive book nerd? Guy always has something going, whether it's a physical book or an audio one. Would never in a million years have told you that he was such a big reader."

- Benson Fiorentini on his podcast with Pyotr Gallen

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

My teammate with his nose in a book during the plane ride would probably be Ben Jammin. I think this because Ben is super knowledgeable and usually people get knowledge from the books they read.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Its a cop but irl i've been reading books on ships, cookbooks, and even how to grow certain herbs for said cooking. In universe? I am not sure to be honest.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]