Create Account

S70 mPT#2: The Bookworm

The best part of any sim league is the locker room, so this season, tell me about your teammates!

Your task: Tell me which of your teammates is that nerd with his nose in a book during the plane ride? Who is it, and what are they reading?

25 words minimum!

You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

This PT will close Sunday, April 9th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.

This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

I feel like just saying that Devoir is the bookworm would be cheating, so I will say that it is Lord Raiden. As for what he is reading, it would usually be history books and ones about various kinds of mythology and fantasy.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

The biggest nerd on our team is definitely Mikko Rashford, lately he's been dreaming of owning a F1 team so I've seen him reading books about building race cars.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

It’s me, I’m the nerd with my face in a book at all times. If I had to pick the 2nd biggest nerd it would be Fantobens. They love a good book.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

ME! Im always the one with my nose in a book, mostly reading D&D books, creating characters and reading some of the old time forgotten realms books, with the Hero Drizzt Do'Urden.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

I'm still learning a lot of the players on the team, so this might not be the most accurate response, but I'm going to pick Ben Der as the big team reader. I mean, anyone that likes mcgriddle's that much has to be somewhat of a nerd, right?

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

We're a team full of nerds, just to get that out of the way. But the main book nerd has to be our captain this season Lester Oiduser. Being a good role model and all of that. We don't know what's being read since the modern bookworm reads on a kindle and it could really be anything. Perhaps comics.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The person on the plane with a nose in their book is always fellow Toronto send-down Nathan Cormier. He is learning French and is always absorbing French media to try and learn.

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 01:31 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mu Wisconsin's ( @Jiggly_333 ) general knowledge of the manga universe and its characters is unequalled. What do they read?  We all don't know. Surely an unknown but excellent graphic novel passed under the radar of those who are not initiated into this universe.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Oh easy, I’m the bookworm. Always rereading Ellen Hopkins over and over. But if you’re lucky you’ll catch me with a Michael Crichton or Richard Preston or both at once.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Well I guess this is pretty embarrassing if I put myself, as I am always have my nose buried in team and league statistics. Coming in a close second would be Furious Chicken, he has a knack for the numbers as well and loves to read up on league history. I believe he is currently reading and researching the Yukon Malamutes franchise history. 

63 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Everyone is reading but Sir Devior is reading the most. You will always see them with a book in hand. Ready to learn anything they can from a book.

Foil Up Boys

All of us have enjoyed reading on the trips but if i had to pick id say downer maybe Rankle they enjoy a good book by like i said it’s hard to say due to us all reading a good bit.

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

Ozolins is a giant book nerd. When he isn’t kicking our butts at games he’s reading his favourite romantic novel. Sometimes he has to bring out the tissues cuz the book really hits the feels.

Player with nose in book at all time is of definite Grzegorz himself. He read very much Conan of Barbaria, similar such pulp stories from middle twentieth century, because they are of much manly and he can imagine himself stabbing hockej official when rule against him.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]