Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Change

Code:
-HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

If All-Star games were to be adopted by the SHL, I'd say they should be done a short time after the trade deadline. As to who gets to participate, maybe there could be a league-wide voting contest, or maybe each SHL team's GM(s) would vote on one or two players from their own team, and then three to four players from all other teams.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Option 3 - I'm a big fan of seeing what comes of the old NHL game sims. Having a visual component to sims is one of the highlights of the PBE and now SCOracing, so even in a partial situation it's an exciting development here as well.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Mike Izzy posted an interesting question in SHL media a couple of weeks ago. If you were to make an SHL Mount Rushmore, so to speak, whose (4) faces would be on it? Would your user Mount Rushmore be different than your player Mount Rushmore? (If you participated in the shorter discussion on this in the media thread, feel free to just c/p your response there in this thread or link to it. I just figured it was a question that deserved greater exposure than it got.)

Leafs4ever
Spangles13
Jackcross
Jaywhy

Without these four individuals, I doubt we would still exist today, what they have done in terms of simming and managing the league. This place would be in more chaos than it is right now

[Image: hallsy.png]

Off-season was a bit quick this past time, but my team managed to get everything done before deadlines. It really isn't a lot of work, so I don't know really know why a lot of GMs missed deadlines. That said, I think there's plenty going on in the off-season that it would be okay if it was extended a few days.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

User Mt. Rushmore is would be different because in that I would include Leafs, Wasty, Ace and Jumpier. I can't say I have many for the player one but I think it would be different for me.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

I think adding more games to the schedule would be a great idea. The all star game would be fu and rewarding to ppl who make it and I love the sims so why no add more exhibitions. Could potentially chose all stars by a player vote.

[Image: C7dtIWsVsAA3wdJ.jpg]
Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome Wolfpack Armada Usa

- There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

Big problem from a SMJHL GM standpoint was the short turn around from draft to preseason. We had the draft on friday and then needed to be ready for preseason on Monday morning. That weekend was also Mother's day weekend and it really congested the schedule for some. The big thing is getting the SHL and SMJHL schedules as close as possible to avoid one league racing to catch up with the other.

-HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

I don't know if expanding the schedule is completely necessary, but I am definitely interested in the prospect of an All-Star game.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

- There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

I think the shorter off season is a blessing and curse. As a player its nice jumping right back in and not having to wait, but sometimes it is also nice to catch your breath and live real life. I think it is a balance that needs to be continued to be explored and modified.

There's been a lot of commotion lately over shortening the offseason as much as possible, and while the changes have done a great deal of good in keeping activity alive, it's also thrown some aspects of the site a bit off-kilter in both leagues. Is it all good or bad? Is the offseason just right now? Too short? What are your opinions on the pacing changes that the site has seen lately?

For a regular user without any jobs on the site, shorter the off-season is - the better. Cant remember how fast the latest one was, but I think it was not so bad? Certainly went by faster than the off-seasons in the past.

I do understand that people who do the off-season work are under a lot more pressure when they need to get stuff done quickly.

If the off-season length feels to short for those who have jobs on the site, I´m fine in having bit longer off-season, after all it´s not so easy to find good people for the jobs, not worth it to burn them out just so we can have five or whatever days shorter off-season. BUT at the same time, could maybe see if there is people who are interested in helping out with everything? Hire users for ´off-season´ jobs, if that is not something that happens already - I have no idea.

Quote:Originally posted by Michalak29@Jun 2 2018, 11:57 PM
I think adding more games to the schedule would be a great idea. The all star game would be fu and rewarding to ppl who make it and I love the sims so why no add more exhibitions. Could potentially chose all stars by a player vote.

I think the 50 game season is long enough IMO. I think there should be a restructuring of the schedule that gets rid of 3 game days and 1 game days, instead, it should be a consistent two games.

As for an all star game, what ArGarBar was working on with NHL 2004, I am eager to see it implemented further and become a staple live stream for us to watch during the season.

I personally think that we should elongate the offseason by one week and make sure the WJC and the IIHF don’t slack so we have enough time for it

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

I started my user mount rushmore but never finished it.

It would have to have to have jkrever that's for sure

As for the additional faces, probably Leafs, Bojo and perhaps Spangle would round it out.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

HO and ArGarBarGar have been working with the idea of potentially adding All-Star games and exhibition games to the SHL schedule. Should we expand our schedules? If so, how would you like to see All-Star games done on the site? What about exhibition games?

I think all star games would be an absolute blast. We've done them a few times in the past and they've always gone over well, or at least from what I gathered. I believe the best way to incorperate it would be to extend the SHL schedule by a single day. In that day we would sim the all star game. Ideally the ArGarBarGar NHL 2004 sim or at the very least a PBP. As far as building the all star teams I think a small group should be given the job of doing that prior to the actual sim. Hell it could even be the season end all star committee. Easier to justify the tasty 2m payout they get seasonally Wink

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Short offseason works in theory until you wind up running into the problem of people scrambling to complete work under the gun and potentially missing something important. Hell, we had two GMs in the SMJHL that fucked up a deadline and got penalized for it. I'm as much for shortening the offseason as anyone else, but you run the risk of sloppy work if it gets too fast.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Adding All-Star games would be a good way to highlight SHL legends and inspire newcomers to want to earn more TPE. I'm not sure how well received it would be though. To keep it from being just a popularity contest, I'd say picking the most impactful player of each team by mid-season would be a good idea, or doing a poll for team captains/picking from the "best of the best" kind of thing. If a monetary prize is involved, then that would be cooler, too. Not sure how to get people more interested though. It would require a lot of pre-planning and hype time, doing profiles of each of the players to keep people who don't know them interested, etc. But yeah, it's worth a try.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany