Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday

If I was forced into another simulated simulation, then I would choose to be a simulated hotdog. I mean, is there really anything greater? It's such a versatile food. You can fry it up and put it in some mac n cheese to spice up your regular boring life. Or you can grille it up on the barby, add whatever condiment you want (ketchup, mustard, relish (gross), mayo, etc). Or you can get real fun with it and drench it in cheese and chili. Your choices are endless, so there really is the option to fully customize your hotdog in this simulation league. There won't be a meta build or forced attributation. Just some good ole fashioned hotdog on hotdog battle royals. Or you could choose to be the @hotdog who is leading the best team in the SHL! In a winner eats all hotdog simulation league, everyone comes out on top. Choose your toppings and munch away fellow hotdog stans.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

[Image: PTS66.png?width=759&height=427]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Player prompt

I wake up and feel a little drowsy. But I get up and go back to work. Having 3 monitors while doing work is something I can get used to. Oh wait, I'm already used to it and can't work with any less. That's the life of a programmer, developer and researcher. Doing some Android programming is a bit annoying sometimes, as working with customers and their wishes can be a bit problematic at times. At least I have enough time to spend on researching, where I play around with notebooks and python scripts to get some cool new ideas. The part of my job as a ML-engineer is awesome as it's both creative and challenging. I get to use my engineering skills to design and build algorithms that can learn and improve on their own. It is both gratifying and exciting to see my machine learning models outperform traditional approaches.

Not sure if I chose this life or it's just a dream. I vaguely remember I once played ice hockey... Maybe in an alternate universe.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

As a professional hockey coach, I wouldn't have any specific weird and untried ideas or tactics, since my main goal would be to keep my job and not get fired for trying to pull dumb shit.

Allthough in today's environment NOT doing dumb shit is almost a weird and unexplored tactic in itself as every professional coach out there seems hell bent on trying to find the goose with the golden eggs in a previously untried, wild tactic that suddenly works.

I can tell you which tactic you'll most definititely NOT see from me, and that's pulling the goalie with only a one goal difference. If my five best players are not sufficient to force a goal in the dying minutes of a game, throwing in my 6th best player at the expense of our goalie is not going to help in the vast majority of games. And while it's a lovely fairytale ending if it does work out, it almost never does and ends up in a loss with a bigger goal differential more often than that it leads to a win.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PLAYER PROMPT

If Jonathon Hagan was not a hockey player, he would be a hockey referee. When he was younger he would referee for extra ice time, and had he not been good enough to get drafted from juniors and make it in the league, the natural way to stay involved at a high level would have been to referee. Most, if not all, of referees in the SHL are guys that played juniors, or college, or at some other high level, but just couldn't cut it in the big leagues, and wanted to stay involved as more than a coach or as a career minor leaguer. Hagan would take the experience he already has from officiating at a younger age and his skating ability/knowledge of how a game should be called at a high level, and become one of the top officials in the league. He would probably also have some fun with it, a la Wes McCauley

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Code:
Player Prompt - 174 words

There are a lot of potential ways that Shion Okamoto's life could go if he was not a hockey player. If he got bonked on the head and woke up with a different life, I would likely have to say that he would become a software engineer. You might think that this is rather unexpected, however, Shion Okamoto actually had a great university career before joining the SMJHL and later the SHL. Shion Okamoto grew up in Japan, however, he still moved to Canada at a young age, and ended up going to a local university in Canada, where he was able to play hockey for his university team, while attempting to complete his degree in computer engineering. While it is not always easy to keep your studies up while being a serious athlete, Okamoto always knew that it was very important to have a backup plan in case a hockey career did not work out. So Okamoto always has a plan to fall back on in case his career in hockey is done.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

HOCKEY PROMPT
We are all about the "trick plays". Now, I put that in quotes because they aren't really tricks, but creative ways to think about the game differently. Think of the Sedins icing the puck to the other brother. No one did that before, now it's a play. What about the Datsyuk? Or Cale Makar cleverly NOT TOUCHING the puck when he's carrying it over the blue line to avoid an offside call? Some people would be enraged, I call it intelligence.
You need to be creative to come up with worthwhile ideas that could work, and don't leave you in an exploitable position. Utilize your players skills and ideas and figure out something that could work. You get the players to buy in this way, and it really makes you different from literally every other coach out there. They can all run traps and just push good players on the ice, but you need to achieve player buy in.
Sink or swim. Be aggressive and make a noticeable difference.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Evgeni Petrov wakes up in his different life, it’s strange because he suddenly feels…normal? No overwhelming urges to hunt down wildlife for a meal. No strange desire to stare at the wall for 4 hours straight in preparation for the game that night. He opens the door and looks out into a modestly decorated living room with a kitchen attached. Nothing is on fire, nothing is broken and covered in unknown substances, it’s all in tact. Suddenly there’s a scream from around the corner, not one of fear or pain, but of happiness and joy. “Daddy!” the voices cry out as Evgeni’s legs are hugged by two adorable children. There’s no racoon pelts lying around for them to slip on as they peel off to go hug their mother who has walked into the door with arms full of groceries in plastic bags and not a single hunting tool in sight. He screams, waking up from this nightmare.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

wsbl

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Code:
player prompt
[Image: y1hqlOO.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2022, 08:02 PM by Pickle Juice.)

Player Prompt

If I woke up as a hockey coach, I don't think much would change.  Not because I don't have ideas, but mostly because I already dont know what the fuck I'm doing and at that point I would really really not know what I'm doing.  I'd get weird with it.  I would play all the advanced analytical darlings who generally underperform points wise, and when they didnt work out I would say "Come forth stats nerds, where art thou??".  I would move my big defenseman to winger and play a super aggressive forecheck.  I would put my wingers on defense and have them streak up the ice with speed.  Goalies shooting on empty nets?  Oh hell yeah.  If they get the chance and don't do it, their ass is benched.  I want full chaos just so I can see if traditional tactics are the best way.  Why?  Because why not.  It would be the time to find out, right?

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

SSL Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PLAYER PROMPT Written Task: If Mats Marner could choose any job outside of being an SHL player it would have to be being a pilot. The reason he would have this job is because Marner loves to travel and that is one of the major perks of this career. Being an airline pilot means you have opportunities to travel and get paid to do it. Second being I pilot would be a really satisfying job as commanding a plane filled with passengers and getting them safely from A to B is as satisfying as it gets being a hugely rewarding career. The next great thing about being a pilot is that work stays at work as there is nothing to take home once you finish your day and close that cockpit door meaning Marner could focus on family time and hanging out with friends and focusing on hobbies when outside of working hours. The other great part is meeting new people from around the world.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars