Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - A stray puck takes a weird bounce in practice and-- oops! You got bonked on the noggin! To your surprise, you wake up as yourself, but with a different life!

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show your player enjoying their new job! 

HOCKEY PROMPT- On a line change gone haywire, you find yourself careening towards your coach and-- oops! You both bonked your noggins! Upon waking up, you find that you're living the life of a professional hockey coach!

Written Task:  Now that you're a big time hockey tactician, tell me about your plans! If you got to coach a pro team, what kind of things would you want to explore? Do you feel like there's a facet of the game that isn't being exploited by current coaches? Weird plays you'd like to try? Something like running five forwards on the power play? Sky's the limit! I want to hear what interesting or fun ideas you'd have if you got to be the bench boss. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Either show me your player in the coaches position, talking to the team at a time out. Include a speech bubble so we know what they're telling everyone!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 31st at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 09:35 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 2 times in total.)

I wake up with my head a little bit sore, my hands feel a bit larger than I remember and my feet feel a little bit weird to walk around with, my head also feels a lot more weird in space than I remember. I go to my closet to get something to start the day and my wardrobe is only purple t-shirt with a yellow letter C with green outline and a hat baring the same logo, some jeans. I also have a strange craving for pizza. This is very different from what I remember life was. I then head to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I freeze in place to learn that I have become Charles Entertainment Cheese. I hear a faint noise through the door and it sounds like a bunch of kids and smells of urine. I open my bedroom door and walk out onto the main floor of a Chuck E. Cheese where a four year old jacked up on Mt. Dew takes a running start at me and catapults himself with both feet right in my gut.  

[160+ words]

pt pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Code:
Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

Ben Jammin has always had a strong desire to pursue a music career (especially with becoming a worldwide famous DJ). DJ Ben Jammin was something Ben always aspired to be and now on this day that dream has finally become a reality for the famous DJ. Ben has worked with worldwide superstars such as Drake, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, BTS, Blackpink and so many more to list! It is hard to find an artist that has not gotten their song remixed by DJ Ben Jammin these days. 

Ben Jammin recently has performed at EDC, head in the clouds and will perform this weekend during Lollapalooza in Chicago. For some reason, the city of Chicago has always had a special heart in Ben's heart but he cannot figure out why. BTS member J-hope is performing this weekend and rumor has it there might be a special performance with DJ Ben Jammin during his set. It is hard to imagine what else Ben Jammin could be doing besides being one of the best DJ's out there. 

(174 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PLAYER PROMPT

If Hayden had to choose any job or profession outside of hockey, he would be a contractor. He has always loved construction as a little kid. His dad owned a construction company and he always used to watch his dad work in the field. He always loved seeing just a bare room full of framing, turn into some man cave, or a new kitchen, hell, even a whole new house! Hayden has helped his dad work on their own house when he was little, from projects such as adding a farmers porch, or getting a new pool patio, he has always thought it was so cool to do. Obviously Hayden loves the game of hockey, and there is no denying that. But if someday he had to wake up in a different life and choose a new life path, this would be it. It also allows him to help others, who needs a house renovation to be able to live in a safer environment.

(164 words)

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

Hockey Prompt

The current game of hockey has become too stale. Everybody plays the same way and nobody is mixing things up drastically. As a new coach, I'd mix things up by requiring all the players on my team to play every role equally. No more specialization into F, D, or G. Firstly, this would allow my team to be unpredictable with line changes. Gone are the days of four forward lines of three players each and three defensive lines of two each. At any given point in the game any 5 random players could be on the ice. The goalie gets switched every period too. Secondly, the mental benefits of this change are that every player will gain a deeper understanding of all other players on the ice and the decision making process that happens for every individual role. If everybody trains to improve on their previous weaknesses and becomes a well-rounded player then the enemy team will have nothing to take advantage of.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PLAYER PROMPT - A stray puck takes a weird bounce in practice and-- oops! You got bonked on the noggin! To your surprise, you wake up as yourself, but with a different life!

Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)

Tom Pedersen has always fancied winning the lottery. Winning a sweet bunch of cash and just retiring. Moving up north in northern Norway just living of the price money and doing fun and relaxing things every day. The day would start with breakfast. Eggs and bacon on toast. With a cup of coffee the breakfast will be devoured while watching the boats pass in the fjord. Then there would be some streaming of a game of choice. Six hours of Escape from Tarkov, Fortnite, Football Manager, Arma 3, Arma Reforger or Prison Architect. There would of course be a lunch after three hours. Then dinner would be made and after some post dinner relaxation there would be time for workout. Either a trip to the gym or a hike if the weather is nice. The rest of the day would be spent watching tv series or movies. A small pre sleep meal proceeded by eight hours of sleep would make Tom Pedersen beautiful. 

Repeat five days a week and the weekend would be off. Happy Tom. 

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Player Prompt (157 words)

Louise St. Martin, if she was not playing hockey, would probably be doing some sort of creative work. Maybe not art, because she cannot draw a straight line with a ruler, but potentially something like music or something in the fashion industry. One of her favorite hobbies when she's not on the ice is going on a night on the town, often hitting up the local karaoke bars and going shopping. So why not get to writing her own songs? Obviously she'd need help and couldn't just go solo, whether it be production or being in a band, but she wouldn't be out of place in an 80s inspired glam rock band. She is also very much a fashionista, and her shopping escapades can often take forever just because she has to try everything on forever. She could probably design some neat attire and with her self confidence, why not model it herself?

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Player task:

If William Salming would not be a hockey player, he would a sports journalist. Why? Because he likes writing. He has a lot of experience in writing because he has written some media pieces for example on the website called simulationhockey.com. For there, he has kept his own column once in a season. He has met a reporter and that reporter has helped Salming to tell about his seasons, international hockey experiences and so on. Salming has liked to be a part of those media sessions and got important experience how to handle interview sessions. That's why Salming would be himself a great reporter. He has also lot of knowledge from many sports which is the key ingredient if you want to be a good sport journalist. You can not cheat on that part. You have to know your sport and also other sports from fencing to snooker, from athletics to football and from swimming to sailing. Olympic sports are especially Salming's strong area and he knows lot about them.

[Image: salming.png]

If Jay Cue could not make it as a hockey player, it would be a pretty freaking tough (not) choice for him to have a great future: soccer player. Easy.
If you remember correctly, before coming into the United States to try and get a scholarship to play some ice hockey, he was one of the portuguese rising stars in soccer. He had a bright future ahead, a lot of contract offers from teams, sponsorships, endorsements, reality tv shows, you name it, if it had some money in it, he was offered to be a part of it. Even crypto. But then he decided to come into the US to play some sport it does not even exist in his country. Crazy, throwing all that money away to try something he had no idea if it would word. But considering he had at one point the biggest league contract with the Atlanta Inferno, i guess he is doing ok and is able to provide for his family.

(167 words)

If Rikkert Biemans wasn't a hockey player he would probably be a professional protester. He is simply against the government, doesn't matter who or what party is leading it. His country is always going to shit and everything used to be better in the past. So wether it's climate change that's forced on people or black live matters type of protest, he's there. He would probably be rallying people to come as well. Rikkert would also be the kind of person to live on benefits and try not to pay for anything, anything at all. Sit in his armchair, crack a beer and eat chips all day. But when it's time to protest, it's time to protest! The system is corrupt and the elite is out to get us. Soon we won't own anything anymore and are forced to be happy. It's all part of the plan!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

[quote=Written Task: If your player could choose any job outside of being an SHL player, what would it be and why? Simulated doctor? Simulated European truck driver? What other talents or passions does your player have that they want to explore? What does this life look like? Is it super different? Or do you end up rich and famous anyway? (150+ words)[/quote]

There are many interests that hold Spack Jarrow's attention but how many of those would he like to do as a job? Turning a hobby into a job isn't always the right move and he's already a professional hockey, basketball, and soccer player. Maybe a ship captain? Or how about an actor? Nah.

The career that Jarrow actually would choose would be to own his own vineyard. During the days he would spend tending to the vines and at night, sampling the hard work. Growing up, Spack was always more of a hard liquor type of person, as many can attest to, but he has been fascinated with the whole process of producing your own wine after seeing an episode of Star Trek with Captain Picard tending his own vineyard. It is a logical expansion to the already wildly prosperous Captain Jarrow's Rum. Obviously Jarrow still has his sporting career ahead of him but I think you can expect him to find a way to make this happen.

[ 172 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Bean showing his old teammates his new skills
[Image: VhkPhrD.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PT Pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]