Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Option 1: Graphic

The Jamaican Hockey Federation's new logo.

[Image: JHF.png?ex=6544ca95&is=65325595&hm=b36d3...61c922762&]

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

Option 2:

I mean, the obvious response as a defenseman to a goalie is don't let the rebounds out, those will kill you. As a dman, my job is to let either no, or the worst shot I can allow get to you, and it makes my job way easier if the goalie is then able to smother that thing and not let a juicy rebound fly to the guy on the other side whom I tried to block off completely this entire time. Other options for example, puck control, meaning you can and will get a good pass out to the dman so you can start up your offense, it's not nearly as crucial but a very nice to have that activity coming from the net and turning around things faster, putting more pressure onto the opposition more often, those are the things that turn a good team into a great team, and goalies can help pretty significantly with that.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Written Task – Option 2 – 155 Words
This is very easy. For Lord Farquaads, if Rebecca Montagne could simply stop the puck more frequently, it would make his life significantly easier. Lord Farquaads only ever truly feels at peace if the Winnipeg Aurora are victorious that day, and the result of a game of hockey is directly determined by the performance of the goaltender. If the goalie doesn’t have a good day, chances are, your team is going to lose. This is an easy resolution – never play poorly again, Rebecca. This will definitely make Lord Farquaads’ life easier, and I think that it may make Montagne’s life easier as well! Less stress for all of us on the roster.
Additionally, Bandit Heeler could do a better job at opening up the doors during line changes, and freshening up our water bottles. He really seems like he’s low in TPE on those attributes, too. Step it up, ya big blue fantastic father dog.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Prompt 2 - Goalie Goals

A goalie's primary job is to keep the opposing team from shooting the puck into their net. With that being said, the 5 other players on the ice assist to help this process by keeping the puck out of the zone, playing defense and getting in the way of shot lanes. While the forwards should focus on scoring the puck in the opponents net, the defensemen's job is to aid their goaltender in keeping the puck out of their own net. The more good work your forwards put it by running up the score, the easier it is on the goalies. Low scoring, 0-0 or 1-1 goal games are very stressful on a goalie and his defensive partners. I see two ways for the forwards to help their goalies out. The forwards score at least 4 or 5 goals which takes the pressure off of the goaltender a bit or have the forwards backchecking and help clear the puck out of the zone to limit opponent chances. Ideally, the forwards will work in the first half of the game to run up the score and once they've secured the game offensively, turn to a more defensive stance to help keep the puck out of their own net.

Word Count: 207

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Option 2 - graphic option

[Image: mEYd7qS.jpg]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Task 2:

For William Salming, all the team goalie Willie Miller needs do to is stop pucks. He is Seattle's number one goaltender and a proven guy who has won two Challenge Cups. It is not Salming's job to tell Miller what to do. Argonauts has a goalie coach for that reason who gets paid very well for helping Miller to stop those damn hockey pucks. As a winger, William of course tries to help him sometimes and block some shots from opponents defenders from the blue line. He moves to the shot lane and then sacrifices his body so Willie's life is easier. He also tries sometimes box out opponents so Miller can see shots more clearly. And if someone runs over Miller, William is ready to defend goaltender. But not with boxing, only verbally. He is willing to give some bad words and maybe push opponent away from the goalie crease. Miller has lot of protections and all kind of shields and blockers so he doesn't anyway get hurt easily.

[Image: salming.png]

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

I want my goalie, especially sloth to stop playing the puck. Now, a lot of people think a goalie who can play the puck is a great thing, it's another defenseman in the back and can help the team break out quicker. Well this is true sometimes. What it really comes down to is it adds randomness and an element of unknown. Now I can't know weather I need to hustle back on a dump in to get to the puck first, or if the goalie can play it up ice. What if the goalie gives the puck away? Then he is out of position, and so am I, and the other team gets a gift. Be predictable, so I can know, and that makes my job easier. Pull the puck off the boards behind the net sure, but don't go to play it. So many more times it ends in disaster than times it ends in success.

Code:
161 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

As a goalie, the best thing I can do for my team's forwards is make their lives easier by stopping shots. If the other team doesn't score goals, then my guys don't need to work very hard, and we all know that they hate working. Aside from stopping shots, the next best thing is to prevent the opposing team from being able to take shots, and that means stripping them of possession of the puck. To that end, Justin Time has been working on his incredible diving poke check skills with the help of outside goalie coach @Reno who assured him it would make him an MVP candidate goalie in no time. The jury is still out on whether this plan will succeed (his save percentage seems to be dipping since the change), but reports from Edmonton say Time has been roaming the facility with a goal stick in hand, lunging at unsuspecting passersby yelling "poke check!" at the top of his lungs.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Option #1:

One of our camp kids had the opportunity to design their team's Jersey, and the Australian Joey's couldn't be more excited. They incorporated the Australia colors of Green, yellow, and red, to make a jersey that the team would be proud to wear. (I'm bad at drawing okay, but I wanted to do something other than writing so excuse my 5th grade art skills).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PBE PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Hugh Manius wants his goalie to speak up to make their specific role easier. Hugh wants to know if he is screening the puck. Mr. Manius wants to know if there is anything he can do to make game easier for his goalie. Hugh thinks great communications on the ice is the key to make things easier for the goalie. A solid scream of direction and statement of what is needed is all that he asks for. Weather it be dropping the gloves to deal with a hanger in the crease, move out of the way, or dump the puck out of the zone to give the goalie a break. The communications should not be limited to speech Manius ears are not limited to words, so goalie please do not be shy about slapping their stick on the ice or the posts of the net. Therefore, goalies for the New Orleans Specters playing behind Manius please speak up so he can do what must be done.

Words~166

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

As we kind of indicated in our last task, Adelie de Pengu is a really big fan of his Goalie Mat Smith. Mat feeds Pengu all sorts of fishes and tasty treats as an award for remaining as a stay at home defenseman. For this reason Adelie would typically never complain about what Mat does and would typically never push him to do anything different, but the reality is Mat doesn't pass the puck to Pengu enough. Pengu works and works to help Mat out and yet when he collects the puck, he insists on giving it to other players like the super selfish forwards. So if Mat could instead distribute that to Pengu so he could shoot more, that would be incredible! Other than that, Mat could really add some extra selections of fishes to the treats he feeds Pengu. Pengu doesn't always just want the same stinky fish all the time. Mix it up, throw in some krill and Pengu will be a very happy defenseman indeed.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]