Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Past, Present, and Future

Quote:Originally posted by Gooney@Oct 30 2017, 12:06 PM
- All-Star Game rosters are out for this season, and there's a surprising amount of diversity among the list of names. Do you think the list is a good reflection of this season? Who is your biggest snub from this roster?

I'd say my boy Wozy is the biggest snub. Right now he's got 38 points in 38 games. 17 of those being goals. I think hes been better than quite a few players that made it, including Westbrook. So I'm pretty surprised he's not on the list.

Gooney you should be in da HAM HOF already.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Wyatt Wollker total snubbed from the all-star game . What a joke. Boo on the voters.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Potential changes to the PT system have gone through many different ideas over the past few seasons, some with a lot of potential and others with not so much. If you were to change the PT system in any way, whether it's the ideas behind the PTs, the style, or the structure of the system itself, what would you want to see implemented, and why?

I'd love to see PTs that are more directly relevant to the SHL and not some creative writing exercise. These PTs could delve into SHL history, or choosing an all-star team, or something along those lines.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

- West Kendall just inducted its first Hall of Fame class. Think back on your own franchise; who do you think is the best player to ever suit up in your team's jersey? Who would make up your own inaugural HoF class, if your team doesn't have one yet?

Willy Mack has over half a season under his belt so I don't see why not him.

- All-Star Game rosters are out for this season, and there's a surprising amount of diversity among the list of names. Do you think the list is a good reflection of this season? Who is your biggest snub from this roster?

Uh again I've got to go with Willy Mack here, I don't see how he wasn't included in the list there's someone keeping him off there on purpose. Isn't right

- For seasons on end, there has been discussion about potentially limiting ice time for players, and its effect on the stars of the league. Do you think there needs to be a limit on how many minutes skaters play per night? Why or why not?

Seems to make some people angry for sure, which can be funny but it's mostly just a lot of problems on the site being blamed on inflated ice times and that's not good. I don't know how correct everyone's arguments are, don't care much for the realism angle after this gets called 'dungeons and dragons for hockey'. Also don't like the idea of an actual rule just for the sake of shutting people up about it since there are situations like EDM where they aren't hurting anyone's feelings.

- Potential changes to the PT system have gone through many different ideas over the past few seasons, some with a lot of potential and others with not so much. If you were to change the PT system in any way, whether it's the ideas behind the PTs, the style, or the structure of the system itself, what would you want to see implemented, and why?

More pictures

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

- West Kendall just inducted its first Hall of Fame class. Think back on your own franchise; who do you think is the best player to ever suit up in your team's jersey? Who would make up your own inaugural HoF class, if your team doesn't have one yet?

The best player to suit up in the Minnesota's jersey was easily Jeff Dar. He is well known throughout history as one of the best two-way forwards this league has ever seen. The Chiefs won 2 cups as soon as he dressed up in green.

Doubt is a dream killer

PGF HoF
Class of Artermis

Eduard Selich
Ben Waters
Teodor Cukurs
Noctis Caelum
Teemu Sirius
Caelan Fearghal
Isaac Cormier-Hale
Chris York
Xander Green
Dani Forsberg

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

- Potential changes to the PT system have gone through many different ideas over the past few seasons, some with a lot of potential and others with not so much. If you were to change the PT system in any way, whether it's the ideas behind the PTs, the style, or the structure of the system itself, what would you want to see implemented, and why?

I'd like to see the current PT system be abolished and go with a GOMHL style system where the players can write whatever they want that's at least 200 words and gets you a certain amount of tpe a week. My reasoning for this is that I don't like being stuck writing about 1 thing and having a criteria to meet. I want to be able to have creativity and be free with what I like. The current PT system is too much like a homework assignment.

Potential changes to the PT system have gone through many different ideas over the past few seasons, some with a lot of potential and others with not so much. If you were to change the PT system in any way, whether it's the ideas behind the PTs, the style, or the structure of the system itself, what would you want to see implemented, and why?

I really want to be able to find a balance between something that allows people to explore their players more and, I guess, the actual league content that people want. I can't seem to figure out whether it's the content of the PTs themselves that people want to change, the structure of the system/style, or some combination of both. The one thing that I have been trying to figure out as far as including more league-based PTs is that I feel like statistic-based PTs and things of that nature have the potential to get repetitive very quickly, since there are only so many questions to be asked... But again, it's something a lot of people seem to want, so I'll probably be shifting towards more of those over the course of this season as an experiment.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Oct 30 2017, 08:37 AM
Limiting ice time is a nice idea in theory. But we have a problem where teams don't even have the requisite depth to avoid players going 27, 28 minutes a game. The fact is, players that have under 800 or so TPE are no longer able to be anything but a liability in the ice due to the shoddy newish update scale and this is one thing that does need to be addressed. Making a player that is decent should not be so difficult. And if the update scale were changed so that it is lighter on the bottom end and harsher as you get up past 80 in a given attribute would be a much better way to go about things. A potential change to the update scale could be something like this:

41-70: 1 TPE (30)
71-80: 3 TPE (30)
81-85: 6 TPE (30)
86-90: 10 TPE (100)
91-99: 15 TPE (135)

The current scale is as follows:

40-60 = 1 TPE (20)
60-70 = 2 TPE (20)
70-80 = 4 TPE (40)
80-90 = 8 TPE (80)
90-99 = 12 TPE (108)
This is a logical idea regarding ice time issues in the SHL

Doubt is a dream killer

- For seasons on end, there has been discussion about potentially limiting ice time for players, and its effect on the stars of the league. Do you think there needs to be a limit on how many minutes skaters play per night? Why or why not?

I do not, and I'll try to keep it as brief as possible because I also have to do my PT in the next 20 minutes, but basically I think that it is just evidence of the evolution of the league and banning it just forces GMs to sign crappy inactives to take away minutes from players that could actually use them.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page