Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Memories

- All 14 teams in the SHL have cycled through GMs in their past. Out of all of the SHL's former GMs, whom would you have wanted to play for the most? In your opinion, what made them a good GM?

One of the all-time greats - Krever. Krever had an incredible ability to build a competitive team each season. Despite a lack of championships, krever's teams were always in contention and always seemed to have a strong locker room presence. I liked seeing how he handled his business as a GM and it would have been a great opportunity to have played for him.

- Let's go back to your SHL draft. In hindsight, do you think you would have/should have been drafted in the position that you were, knowing what you know now? Give yourself a redraft position!

I went 4th OA but was approached by Manhattan who at the time had 1st OA. I informed them that I had done my own scouting and would prefer if they passed on me. I was able to allow myself to slide to 4th and be drafted by Hamiltion. They were the team I wanted to play for. Im not sure if i would have still gone 4th looking back. I may have been taken before a few others if the GM's then knew me as well as they do now.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

All 14 teams in the SHL have cycled through GMs in their past. Out of all of the SHL's former GMs, whom would you have wanted to play for the most? In your opinion, what made them a good GM?

This one is tough one since their have been quiet a few good GMs in SHL history that i missed out playing for. A few of them being jkrever, leafs4ever, ron bolt, myself Tongue but the one i find the most underrated and would pick to play under in a heart beat would be boondocksaint Aka jesus the Mexican way. He was the original GM of the Minnesota Chiefs and a good friend since season 1. He was the founder of the Chiefs, and also led the expansion team to 2 early cups. He was a great "player's GM" and came up with ways to put his team in the right direction in a short amount of time which led to instant success and a high standard for future expansion teams.

Doubt is a dream killer

- All 14 teams in the SHL have cycled through GMs in their past. Out of all of the SHL's former GMs, whom would you have wanted to play for the most? In your opinion, what made them a good GM?

I would have liked to play for leafs4ever. he has one of the most respected opinions on the site, always seem to draft well and attract free agents to his team and almost every season be in the hunt for the playoffs. from the outside, he seemed to have a plan for his team and a clear direction he was going in instead of just winging it like some GMs seem to do now.

S25 draft class easily the GOAT class and anyone who says otherwise is pants on fire. I know it's already been discussed But...

1. Evandrus Jesster - didn't quite live up to expectations but build a solid af player.
2. Jasper Clayton - Top dman in the SHL, cup winning GM, commish, I think did IIHF things too
3. Robb Wind - scrub player because of irl shit but came back, became a Co-GM, won a cup
4. Maria Maximova - elite dwoman, killed Adam abodobe, WKP Co-GM for some time
5. Lord Pretty Flacko - probably the league's most prolific point scorer over the past ten seasons, did IIHF tings, won a cup as juny coGM, Chiefs GM
6. Michael Burch - nothing rly of note here
7. Ivan Koroviev - built a solid player who is enjoying success and possibly even a bit of a resurgence
8. Travis Kudleychuk - was great for a while, built a strong player but is inactive no I think :((
9. Leon Webb - this was a shit pick from day one sorry still respect what Calgary's done
10. Luke Fleming - elite forward, SHL GM of One of the league's best up and coming teams
11. Geoffrey Allen - elite forward, Cup winning GM, did (it still does?) IIhF things
12. Zach Hoover - is kinda like HFFO except a million times better personality
13. Cynthia Taylor - solid player, was cup winning GM for Toronta
14. Forfeited - stud

that's just the first round too. have two more SHL GMs in Scholz and Durden and a juny GM in Morenov. Without this draft class the league would be entirely different... over half the league's teams have been or are currently GMed by an S25 draftee

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Pris@Oct 13 2017, 11:41 AM

[b]- Let's go back to your SHL draft. In hindsight, do you think you would have/should have been drafted in the position that you were, knowing what you know now? Give yourself a redraft position!

[/b]

I am extremely happy where I went in my SHL draft year actually. Could not be in a better situation then a rebuilding Edmonton Squad so I could get my big league shot early then expected.

I did fully expect to be drafted quite a bit higher in the draft due to my build but unfortunately a few "re-builds" went ahead of me who had prior relationships with other teams.

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Oct 13 2017, 08:35 PM

Cmon, I do stuff.

God damnit. I always do this. I'm sincerely sorry.

(I usually confuse your player with JP's for some dumb reason. I'm dumb.)

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

i haven't ever regretted being drafted to the Wolfpack; it would be pretty hard to, what with Mia's three cups and the number of friends in the locker room I've made. we've lost some cool people to inactivity and trades (including the person who was drafted to NEW ahead of me in my draft and the person who recruited me to the shl, rip), but we've also gained More cool people, and it's always been a lot of fun to be in New England. no ragrets, awoooooo

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

All 14 teams in the SHL have cycled through GMs in their past. Out of all of the SHL's former GMs, whom would you have wanted to play for the most? In your opinion, what made them a good GM?

I would have like to play for <a href='index.php?showuser=1891' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Dangles13</a>, back in those days he was pretty active in the Whalers LR and really helped the new guys out. He had acquired quite a few picks in the epic S31 draft and Hamilton looked like they would finish the rebuild off strong, it didn't quite work out that way but I still would have liked to be on a team lead by Dangies

-- Let's go back to your SHL draft. In hindsight, do you think you would have/should have been drafted in the position that you were, knowing what you know now? Give yourself a redraft position!--

In the S31 SHL Entry Draft, Corey Bearss was drafted in the 3rd round, 30th overall. I was pretty quiet in the league, just mostly chatter within the locker room and that's about it. So no one really knew me. I was a free agent sign after the junior draft. Also, my junior stats were pretty mediocre at best. I didn't talk with any GM's before the draft. To be honest, I wanted the GM to do the scouting. I wanted to play for the team whose GM thought that I was worthy for a roster spot on the team, based on their own merits. I have no clue if any other GMs had me on their radar, but I am thankful that Atlas and Nereus had their eye on me! In a redraft I think that I would go about 19th > To the Jets!! I'd say the 19th because obviously there have been those that left the sight, so automatically bumps me up. I'm not a central high flying scoring machine, but a solid two-way role player that can wreck a few bodies and put points on the board.

Code:
- Let's go back to your SHL draft. In hindsight, do you think you would have/should have been drafted in the position that you were, knowing what you know now? Give yourself a redraft position!

From a purely TPE standpoint, no, there's no way I should have gone third overall, but that said--I do think that I probably would have still gone to West Kendall at the third overall spot, if only because Kruger is a defenceman. With an aging Defensive corps, it's no surprise that the Platoon were looking for young defencemen, and I think that taking Kruger at 3 was probably their first step to building a solid pipeline of defensive prospects.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Quote:Originally posted by CBear@Oct 14 2017, 12:03 PM
-- Let's go back to your SHL draft. In hindsight, do you think you would have/should have been drafted in the position that you were, knowing what you know now? Give yourself a redraft position!--

In the S31 SHL Entry Draft, Corey Bearss was drafted in the 3rd round, 30th overall.&nbsp; I was pretty quiet in the league, just mostly chatter within the locker room and that's about it.&nbsp; So no one really knew me.&nbsp; I was a free agent sign after the junior draft.&nbsp; Also, my junior stats were pretty mediocre at best.&nbsp; I didn't talk with any GM's before the draft.&nbsp; To be honest, I wanted the GM to do the scouting.&nbsp; I wanted to play for the team whose GM thought that I was worthy for a roster spot on the team, based on their own merits. I have no clue if any other GMs had me on their radar, but I am thankful that Atlas and Nereus had their eye on me!&nbsp; In a redraft I think that I would go about 19th > To the Jets!!&nbsp; I'd say the 19th because obviously there have been those that left the sight, so automatically bumps me up.&nbsp; I'm not a central high flying scoring machine, but a solid two-way role player that can wreck a few bodies and put points on the board.

Your story and my story are like... almost the same. Crazy when you consider the depth of our SHL Draft that looking back is a lot of "how did X person drop so low back then!?!?"

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What's the best draft class this site has seen so far, and why?

Doesn't it have to be S20? Giant draft class that is still relevant 17 seasons later. A lot of players from that draft class changed the game.

Big ups to Harter who was able to win a cup as an S20.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Quote:Originally posted by Snuffalupagus@Oct 14 2017, 12:11 PM
What's the best draft class this site has seen so far, and why?

Doesn't it have to be S20? Giant draft class that is still relevant 17 seasons later. A lot of players from that draft class changed the game.

Big ups to Harter who was able to win a cup as an S20.

Harter’s a S22, a decent class in and of itself

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Oct 14 2017, 11:13 AM

Harter’s a S22, a decent class in and of itself
So I WAS seeing double.

Double 2.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn