Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension

09-14-2018, 05:23 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: What why can't u say the g word at all? 

Did I just make a severe reference to it?

That shouldn't be lumped in with the N word to get u banned or w/e for using it's not a bad word. It can be used to offend people, but simply using it in any sentence is overbearing.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), you can say the word, but not in a negative way. "I'm gay" would be okay, but "that's gay"(used as an insult) wouldn't be. Just my interpretation though.

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 05:49 PM by Ashes.)

09-14-2018, 05:43 PMMordaciious Wrote:

That shouldn't be lumped in with the N word to get u banned or w/e for using it's not a bad word. It can be used to offend people, but simply using it in any sentence is overbearing.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), you can say the word, but not in a negative way. "I'm gay" would be okay, but "that's gay"(used as an insult) wouldn't be. Just my interpretation though.

i hope it's like that, but it says "Simply using the following words in a sentence, alone, or in images sitewide" and as far as i can tell there's nothing about context anywhere in the post

inb4 we all get suspended for using it lmao
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM by ErM.)

[Image: PwTsVvg.png]

Edit: ^^^^^^That's an image I didn't type it! Edit2: Images aren't protected....RIP me.

Ehhhh what makes you think that?

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Perhaps. Also could be something as if the word "gay" was used like the word "*****"

09-14-2018, 05:46 PMErM Wrote:

Edit: ^^^^^^That's an image I didn't type it! Edit2: Images aren't protected....RIP me.

idk, common sense? I highly doubt anyone would be suspended for talking about it in a positive way. The rule probably should provide for context but I'd be surprised if they meant saying gay at all in any sense of the word lmfao.

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay

09-14-2018, 05:49 PMMordaciious Wrote:
09-14-2018, 05:46 PMErM Wrote:

idk, common sense? I highly doubt anyone would be suspended for talking about it in a positive way. The rule probably should provide for context but I'd be surprised if they meant saying gay at all in any sense of the word lmfao.

I mean, the rule isn't written in a way that accounts for any context of the use of any of those words.

09-14-2018, 05:47 PMClint Eastwood Wrote:

Perhaps. Also could be something as if the word "gay" was used like the word "*****"

Banned

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

09-14-2018, 04:49 PMBzerkap Wrote: I like turtles
Me too

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

obvious ex post facto law

unconstitutional

09-14-2018, 05:57 PMSnussu Wrote:
Me too

I don’t understand your name.....but I understand

YOUR HEART

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

09-14-2018, 06:36 PMBzerkap Wrote:
09-14-2018, 05:57 PMSnussu Wrote:
Me too

I don’t understand your name.....but I understand

YOUR HEART

Classic Jonathan

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 06:51 PM by JumpierPegasus.)

09-14-2018, 05:10 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-14-2018, 05:03 PMgrok Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:55 PMto12143 Wrote:
09-14-2018, 04:37 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I think there are talks about getting rid of Thunderdome. But I feel like its a necessity to call out people and stuff like that. No1 really called people racist slurs or homophobic slurs on a regular basis in there so in the end it doesn't even matter.

Or you know you could contact HO and inform them of things that are happening like that. Not everything has to be called out and it would make it a lot easier for HO if people just funneled evidence to them so they could make the necessary decisions

That doesn't really indict the Thunderdome's existence though, right? Even if HO makes the decision based on collection of evidence people will still want to talk about it. TD is a holding place so volatile discussions don't spill out into discussion, announcements, media, etc.

That's illogical:
- False cause fallacy (having a place where people can be toxic does not necessarily cause people to be polite elsewhere)
- Either or fallacy (the idea that "either we have somewhere for people to be toxic or they will be toxic on entire site" is not necessarily true)

I here before the Thunderdome and it was chaos everywhere

The Thunderdome SIGNIFICANTLY cleaned the forum up. Without it we would be back to seeing toxicity slung everywhere, and the forums would be much less enjoyable like they sometimes were then

I can promise you the Thunderdome is necessary. Sorry if you don't like, don't go in it. Because if we get rid of it you won't be able to go anywhere on the forum instead of that one place

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-14-2018, 05:21 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:
09-14-2018, 05:06 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
Quote:3. Please note that while leniency will be given in regards to attacks within the Thunderdome, all verbiage must fall in line with the website's overall general policy. You will get suspended for behaving too extremely or using any vocabulary listed in 3.1.a. or other words relating to them in this sub-forum as well.

You're literally stating that the thunderdome is place where you're allowed to treat people poorly (to a point). Why does it even still exist? Delete the thunderdome please.

Let's just ban saying anything negative to anyone whatsoever. Anyone who breaks the rule is perma banned. Actually how about instead of removing it, change the Thunderdome to the Wonderdome where we can all hold hands and compliment each other.

I have a feeling this post is going to come in handy a lot: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2493765

You don't have to like everyone, but you can at least respect others.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

What if we use the ?️ emoji to replace the bad letters?

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]