Create Account

League Personal Conduct Change / Slash Suspension
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 02:33 PM by thedangazone.)

The first purpose of this announcement, in nature that this happened prior to the announced rule change below, we have decided on a week suspension for @SlashACM for violating the former Personal Conduct policy, 3.A.1.

---

In line with recent league threads, the Head Office and owners of the SHL have determined it necessary to start making changes. This league as a whole represents varying cultures across many countries and backgrounds. The SHL is a place that every user should feel welcome to and look forward to logging in to.

In saying that, the SHL is no place for bigotry and the league is now in a place where we are determined to minimize the terrible behavior of a minimal group of users.

To those that feel the need to bait those in saying listed banned terms or words that would deserve a punishment, realize that we will request the full conversation. If there is a determination that the user was baited, drawn into, or otherwise antagonized into violating a personal conduct rule, then you will be punished in the exact same manner.

To those that feel these rules hurt the league and/or feel you can't be here with us because of these changes, we specifically wish you the best. This is a place for inclusiveness and the need to be able to call another user a specific word shouldn't deter you from being a member of the SHL. We realize that there will be a bit of an expected shake up coming from this, but we welcome it in all regards as we move in a reason to better the atmosphere of the SHL and its users. This will be the only warning given.

*Listed changes are only minimums and the Head Office and owners keep the right to add additional punishments for violations on an as needed basis

-----

3. Personal attacks, excessive trolling and trolling in a malicious way, baiting and spamming, racist or homophobic remarks and any other types of comments that are meant to slander members of a certain religious, ethnic group, or those with disabilities will not be tolerated.

1. The punishment will be a mixture of game suspensions, fines and posting restrictions, judged based on the level of severity of the offense and will be handled on a case by case basis.

a. Dependent on the context, simply using the following words in a sentence, alone, or in images sitewide (including the Thunderdome): N-----, Gay, F----t, F-g and Retard (or any other spelling or severe reference to these words), will be an automatic suspension of both you from the site and your player from the sim itself at the moment it is posted without appeal. Posting of additional vocabulary primarily used to slander various religions, ethnic groups, those with disabilities and sexual designations will leave you vulnerable to the same punishments as listed below on a retroactive basis from 9/14/18, going forward (meaning any word used that is deemed in violation will be added to the list and penalized immediately).

- 1st Offense – 3 Games / 1 Week
- 2nd Offense – 5 Games / 2 Weeks
- 3rd Offense – 10 Games / One Month

2. Repeat offenses will be punished more harshly. Accomplices to any punishable offense, including ganging up on a specific member, can face up to as harsh of a punishment as the original offender.

3. Please note that while leniency will be given in regards to attacks within the Thunderdome, all verbiage must fall in line with the website's overall general policy. You will get suspended for behaving too extremely or using any vocabulary listed in 3.1.a. or other words relating to them in this sub-forum as well.

4. From this point forward, Discord, as an extension of the SHL itself being represented, will now be under the same scrutiny as the website, simulationhockey.com. While, there will be no need for LRs to have HO involved on a day-to-day basis, as cases are presented they will be reviewed and determined as punishable (or not) at the discretion of the HO.

Slash is suspended and Dude isn’t?

Ite den

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Bruh, I can't write any feckin media about my player now

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-14-2018, 03:42 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: Bruh, I can't write any feckin media about my player now
Your player is actually auto-retired

gg no re

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 03:47 PM by Justice.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

09-14-2018, 03:42 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-14-2018, 03:42 PMJumpierPancakes Wrote: Bruh, I can't write any feckin media about my player now
Your player is actually auto-retired

gg no re

Well this was my last player so I guess i'm quitting the league

LIFE

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

In for some big ol' shambles

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

One week? This is weak as fuck.

Looks like I called it though in here

[Image: efuGHMg.png]

RIP JP GAY

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Strap in, this is gonna be a good topic.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

09-14-2018, 03:41 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Slash is suspended and Dude isn’t?

Ite den

Dude didn't personally attack someone if I remember correctly but I feel like the rule change is added for him. However I have been suspended for something that I did where there was no rule in place so wtv.

09-14-2018, 03:46 PMBeaver Wrote: Strap in, this is gonna be a good topic.

Honestly because HO is going to let this get out of hand because they are always too late to lock up a topic.

09-14-2018, 03:42 PMJustice Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I’ll pass the blunt if you pass the bucket

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-14-2018, 03:50 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
09-14-2018, 03:46 PMBeaver Wrote: Strap in, this is gonna be a good topic.

Honestly because HO is going to let this get out of hand because they are always too late to lock up a topic.

Never understood why these were open topics to begin with tbh

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

this is gonna be a fun one

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e