Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 4 - Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 02:08 PM by Nhamlet.)

[Image: 20HRFMH.png]

1. *Asterisk by ORANGE RANGE - There's quite a few Japanese international players on the team and most of us still give weird looks to Captain Dayudie's taste sometimes. Nah, we're all for it.

2. Smoke and Mirrors by Kikagaku Moyo - Surprisingly with all the flair that Andrei has, he's got quite a few layers to him. Knows this guy named shroomie who's just been dishing our recommendations to everybody on the team.

3. Doomsday by MF DOOM - Collaborated choice by the mad scientist Rintarou Okabe and the shroomie guy. Maybe there's some sort of hidden message we should be worried about but it's probably fine. Probably. 

4. Whip It by Devo - By none other than the other Ass Capt, Steve Harrington. It's alright I guess, a little dated if you ask me.

5. Stranded by Gojira - Personal choice. Nothing like a little oomph to get the blood going before the game.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

The British duo Wanesly and Williams came up with the Detroit Falcons pump-up playlist, and here are some of my favourites from that list:

1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck: One of the best songs to get you in a high-energy state. That guitar intro... I could just listen to it over and over again. When the kick drums come in, it feels like your heart beat gets louder when the drums hit. Definitely gets me going before I hit the ice!

2. ABBA - Dancing Queen: I think they snuck this one in there as a joke making fun of my Swedish background, but joke's on them, I actually like it quite a bit! Mama was a big ABBA fan as well, I grew up listening to all the songs, and I know the lyrics by heart. Not that I'd ever let the guys know...

3. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle: A good metaphor for my arrival in Chicago. Never knew it could be like this... "If you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price to pay" - this line especially speaks to me. It is a lot of blood, sweat and tears to grind out the season and play every game. This song speaks to my ambition (and I am sure my team's ambition) to go all the way to the end of Game 7.

4. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic: What a fun song to come down to after the game. Really gets you loose and makes you forget about whatever happened in the game for the day at least. Really catchy tune.

5. Europe - Final Countdown: The song that I love to hear the most before striding out of the locker room. Gives you that final boost, and reminds you that the game is about to happen. Also a guilty pleasure because they're another Swedish band that Mama used to listen to.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

1. Toxic by Brittney Spears

The Detroit locker room loves us some Brittney Spears - and no one more than our beloved GM Tig Murphy. 

2. Enter Sandman by Metallica 

The classic warm up skate hype song, the slow build sets the stage and energy for the team to go. This is my personal pick.

3. Another one Bites the Dust by Queen

Similar to Enter Sandman, AOBTD has a more consistent and subtle hype about it. Our win streak in the earlier part of the season inspired this choice. We maybe got a little too cocky as we had a 5 game losing streak a little later on.

4. Lets Get it Started by The Black Eyed Peas

As an opposite to Another one bites the dust, this was a song introduced to our play list after that 5 game losing streak. We had to get the fellas hyped to get another win and get back on the top of the standings. What better than some classic synthy black eyed peas?

5. Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback

The final song we play before heading out of the locker room is a banger by the best Canadian band to ever exist. The opening guitar riff gets the blood pumping, and the song encapsulates our roll as the league bad boys - a team everyone seems to hate for some reason, but one every player would love to play for

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

1. Backseat Freestyle - Kendrick Lamar
Because we've got a dream and that dream is to win the cup.

2. Thunderstruck - AC/DC
We like to play the drinking game while listening to this before the games. Hydration is important!

3. Ultralight Beam - Kanye
It's just a solid song and it gets everyone in the right mood to head out there and win.

4. Jeopardy - Run the Jewels
When you hear Killer Mike at the beginning you can't not get pumped up. 

5. It's a Small World 
Whenever I get control of the music I put this on as an homage to our training camp outing to Disneyland. Everyone else hates it but the best way to get ready to score is to listen to your goal song, right?

[Image: TF7ZTeC.png]
Ziggy Tambo - LW - Anaheim Outlaws

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

02-18-2020, 11:37 AMJerppu Wrote: Basshunter - Boten Anna
The Swedes love this.. for some reason. Unfortunately this song finds itself in the playlist every now and then. I.. I think it's starting to grow on me, eww..

Solid choice.. although I'm partial to DotA and All I Ever Wanted.

[Image: hudson.png]

Kill The Lights (Audien Remix) - Alex Newell
A huge vibe song, the beat on Newell's track gets the boys pumped up and the bass on the speaker absolutely bumping. A personal favourite tune of Danila Zhernov, the big d-man is a big fan of his EDM tunes. If you keep an eye out, you might even be able to catch him at a couple festivals during the offseason.

Welcome to Chili's - Yung Gravy and bbno$
A little bit of HIspanic flare on the Knights playlist, the catchy new tune released a few weeks ago sneaks it's way into the locker room. Although the song has nothing to do with the classic American restaurant chain, the star spangled members of the Knights are huge fans of this song and go buck wild every time it graces the speakers.

WHATS POPPIN - Jack Harlow
The Louisville rapper released the video for this tracks few weeks ago, directed by Cole Bennett (how are ya), and the Knights were huge fans. Rocco Berni specifically was super into the song, as he's a huge college basketball fan and the song has exactly one (1) mention of the Louisville Cardinals basketball team. Jokes aside, it is a catchy song from an up-and-coming rapper in Jack Harlow.

GATTI - JACKBOYS, Pop Smoke, Travis Scott
Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke is on the up and this collab with Travis Scott is only helping him out. Maybe not so surprisingly, the Kelowna Knights are a big group of hip hop guys, so this song was an obligatory add to the locker room playlist. It really gets the boys in the mood to go out on the ice and lay the body, maybe a smash a few heads in the process. Pop SMoke just has that indescribable quality that gets you in the mood to fight.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Whip It - Devo
Some may call it "dated", but the song is a classic and there's not enough 80s in the playlist as it is.
Déjà Vu - Dave Rodgers
Rin has a weird obsession with this eurobeat music. You usually hear him blasting it from his ancient Corolla. Can't he afford a new car?
We Dem Boyz - Wiz Khalifa
This was Juke's addition to the playlist. Guy's a real team player so this song must speak to him. There's certainly nobody I'd rather have backing me up.
Shotta Flow 3 - NLE Choppa
If you want the freshest songs in the playlist look for Slatter's additions. When Shotta Flow 4 shows up you can bet its gonna be on there.
Clubbed to Death - The Matrix Soundtrack
Andrei basically commandeered the playlist when he arrived. It's probably at least half his additions at this point. One of the most interesting he's included comes straight out of the Matrix soundtrack.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

1) Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses

Classic song that the older guys like to play right as we are leaving the locker room. Never fails to get us pumped for battle. Some of the older guys even let loose a hardy battle cry as we go.

2) I Want to Break Free by Queen

This is one of Simothy Drunkebrid's favorites right now. He usually switches it up between some hip hop and some classic rock every few weeks. He's been on a Queen kick lately. Not that any of the guys complain. This is a jam.

3) Gin & Juice by Snoop Dogg

This is Cerullo's style all the way. After the pre-game meetings he goes to his locker and cranks this tune up. This one always tends to get the guys loosened up.

4) The Nights by Avicii

This is one that my fellow countryman Huuveri and I like to play after Morning skate. Absolute banger.

5) Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Its no surprise that this is a favorite around the league because it never fails to get everyone in the room jamming along. Oshira, who has a surprisingly good voice always sings along in the first verse to a roar of approval by the boys.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 12:45 PM by Clean Andrei Kostitsyn.)

[Image: nflll10.png]

[Image: captur40.png]

Here is NFL pre-game songs playlist (link at end)

Horn Intro - Modest Mouse
'' This song is longer than my average PP time ''
- Jakob Hamr |  @TomHanks

Sure Shot - Beastie Boys
'' I know Andrei have best shot in the league, but i have second best, so i like song that represent my skill.
Hockey Legend Wane Gretzky one said : 100% of shot you take are Sure Shot ''
- Slatt Potts | @Rindiee

Don't Chirp - GILA
'' I love birds. But not fight. So please, no chirping. ''
- Mattias Birdstorm | @BlackLabelBird

Sonny Darling, I'm Having a Shower Now - Forbidden Ensemble
'' Team bonding is important. So is environnement. This is why we like shower together. Hockey is for everyone. So are showers. ''
- Disisde Dayudie | @"スウェグキング"

Gang Bang Rookie - Snoop Dogg ft. Pilot
I ain't no gangbang rookie let the gangbang fool ya
I'm a boss out here on the east
Killah coast is my home rich rollin' on my throne with my blue bandana on my turtleneck
Girl, come fuck with Steve, sign up on my team there's a little room left
Girl, you seen all my goals, steady wrong, steady wrong, don't get your pass left
Church on the move playa, now got and hit the turf after the first round
I got some advice for you new players, you wanna be in the shl league well tell'em who sent ya?
- Steve Harrington | @"NeonLime"

Snare Liftoff - JK Simmons
'' Andrei paid me to add this here. Five bucks is five bucks. ''
- Rintarou Okabe | @ByrdeMan

Anthem of the Soviet Union - Red Army Ensemble
'' Good song. everyone like. ''
- Andrei Kostitsyn | @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn

Yeah - Queen
'' Yeah ''
- Jukka Timonen | @"Smalinowski7"

I think everyone like the pre-game music.
My song make everyone so excited they leave the locker room to go jump on ice before it finish.
happy team

Full Playlist here

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

We have quite the stereotypical pre-game song mix here with the Carolina Kraken. It’s predominately 80s Rock with some 90s and 2000s alternative rock sprinkled in. There’s a ton of songs that we play, but I will mention 5 of them specifically.

The Running Free – Coheed and Cambria. This song is a banger, as most Coheed and Cambria songs are. It kind of just gets you going. Good to just bang your head along to while you’re lacing up the skates.

Sweetness – Jimmy Eat World. Another older song from a bit of a lighter side artist, but it still rocks pretty hard and gets the boys hyped up.

The Boys are Back In Town – Thin Lizzy. It’s always a must-play when we return home from a long roadie.

Run To The Hills – Iron Maiden. It’s Iron Maiden. Usually the Finnish guys like this stuff, as well as any other metal they can get their hands on. RUN TOOO THE HILLSSSS….. RUNN FOR YOUR LIVVVVEEESSS!

Ballroom Blitz – Sweet. It’s got a fun, fast pace to it. I guess I am a bit more surprised there’s not more rap or R&B on my playlist, but it is what it is.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020, 05:48 PM by Paq.)

[Image: 9F0NRc4.png]

1) Routine - Wale, Meek Mill, Rick Ross
Two of these three don't really do it for me, but this song definitely gets me a little fired up when I'm working out, so it seems like a natural fit here. Rick Ross' verse sucks, though, so might be best to skip to the next track when he comes in.

2) VIBEZ - DaBaby
Apparently this dude loves beating up his own fans more than anything, but whatever. This one is definitely another great gym song.

3) MLK BLVD - Jeezy (ft. Meek Mill)
Two Meek Mill features, I feel disgusting. I don't really have anything to say about this one that I didn't say about the previous ones. Just a good beat and a couple of verses with a little energy to them. Neither is very good but I'm not really paying attention to words when this is on.

4) U Don't Know (Remix) - Jay Z (ft. M.O.P.)
A throwback, and the first actually good song on this list. Also an incredible hype track. Excellent beat, Jay in his prime as a rapper, random feature from some dude I've never heard of. Basically the quintessential Jay Z song.

5) Shook Ones, Pt. II - Mobb Deep
The second actually good song on this list. I don't know how great this is for getting the average person energized, but it does it for me for some reason despite the fact that the beat and verses are sort of subdued.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

1) New Light - John Mayer: Anyone who says that they don't like John Mayer is just lying to themselves as far as I'm concerned. Soothing voice paired with catchy lyrics and you have a recipe to shake of those pregame jitters.

2) Sabotage - Beastie Boys: Just a little mid 90's hip hop to get everyone pumped and screaming Beatie Boys at the top of their lungs.

3) Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses: An absolute classic of a hype song and for a good reason. Classic 80's rock gets that blood pumping. Everyone in the locker room singing along and getting that team cohesion up.

4) I Wanna Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston: I have to be honest, no idea how this got in the playlist or who put it there, but I want to shake their hand (or dance with them). Just an all around great track to be playing in a locker room full of testosterone.

5) The Final Countdown - Europe: What better way to get pumped up right before puck drop than Europe's smash hit. That unmistakable intro followed by the driving rhythm just gets you pumped up!

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 05:26 AM by jtam.)

Anaheim lets each player pick the songs for pre-game warmup and I was excited to plug my phone in to pump up my teammates with the best jams that gets your heart beating.

Take a Chance on Me – I put this song on first to get everyone to know that I am forever grateful that they took a chance on me in the 5th round. Gets my heart rate up every time and I can shoot the puck through the net!

Fernando – Ah, Fernando. This gets my head in the game, going to war with my fellow Fernandos. The drums, the bugles. For liberty, Fernando. There’s no regret. I can see it in each of our eyes. How proud we were to fight for freedom in this land. For every inch of ice. I WILL GO THROUGH THE GLASS FOR MY FERNANDOS.

Waterloo – I have not been great with my faceoffs, hovering below 50%. Everytime I go to the faceoff dot, it is my Waterloo. But playing for Anaheim has been the best, so I feel like I won the faceoff,  when I lose it. I will get better at faceoffs, even if I have to drive my stick through the other center. 

Mamma Mia – An ode to my best friend, the puck. I miss it every time I do not have it. I cannot resist it. I lose control working hard to get it back.  I will chase the puck through a wall to get it back!

Dancing Queen – Does there need to be an explanation for the greatest pump up song in the world?

For some reason Captain brought me aside and told me to never plug my phone in again. Must be because the jams were too much, and got us too fired up that our hearts would explode. The best pump up songs from Sweden are just too much for Anaheim.

The team chooses a DJ before each match. When it came to my turn, this was my choice of songs.

Queen - We Will Rock You
Ohh boy, it's classic. I choose this because I think every team sometimes listen it. This song is exhilarating and motivating. And Queen, uhh .. it's legendary group.

AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC also classic. But a lot of people remember this group by other song - Thunderstruck. It's also fantastic song and we listen it , too. But my choice is this. I don't know why , but I like it.

Fairytale Gone Bad
This is something ... i really don't know how to describe this song. I really like it. I know this song is old school stuff and I'm a young man but if I like it, it's good af. :D This song can cheer up boys and let them fight for win. 

MESA "Vērtības"
Hehee, I'm latvian and I wanted to represent latvian songs, too. That's why I choose some latvian hip-hop song or something like that. MESA is one of the popular singers in Latvia just in the hip hop industry. This song is about life values, that you need to find time to your family and close people. It was hard to describe this song for team but they like it.

Dar ko var dar ko var Latvijai ir jāuzvar
Latvian hockey song.. Uhh.. When I listen this song it's I don't know how to tell that.. That's fantastic song which makes you feel more patriotic about your country. These hockey songs are very popular in May because then is IIHF hockey games.. Teammates liked it.

This is my short playlist of songs which I wanted to play to my teammates to represent Latvian culture, too.. It's nice when a lot of people from another countries can play together and share their culture of their country