Create Account

S52 SMJHL PT 4 - Pre-Game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 01:01 AM by ej27.)

PT 4 - Pre-Game Playlist

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Requirements

Make a list of 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist.

Reward

2 TPE for doing the thing & 2 additional TPE if you make a graphic of your choices or elaborate on them (explain who picks the song, how the team reacts, etc.) for a possible total of 4 TPE.

Only S52 SMJHL Rookies (S53 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

Deadline  Sunday 2/23 @ 10pm EST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 12:05 AM by Nhamlet.)

S50 @ej27Hmm

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 12:58 AM by boom.)

I'm going to try and write this from the perspective of my player.

1. Shots - LMFAO

A few of the guys in the room grew up watching the NHL's Canucks, and during that 2011 finals run, there was a little remix of "Shots" featuring Kevin Bieksa that was pretty popular on YouTube. Well, since there's a Bieksa on our team with Mikas, Sabo Tage, the prankster, thought it'd be pretty funny to work that into the pre-game rotation. Mikas shoots a lot and scores a lot, so it makes sense when you think about it. He's from Lithuania though, so we're not entirely sure if he got the connection.

2. Levels - Avicii

Most of the guys in the room know Avicii, but Marcus (Ohlsson) and Sven (Yxskaft) and Zlatan (Ibrahimovic Jr.)  are from Sweden so they know his sound pretty well. They definitely listen to some other Swedish electronic music, but half of the lyrics we don't understand so this one definitely made the list since it doesn't have too many words and has a nice beat.

3. Hey Baby - DJ Otzi

This one's been on the list for a while now, and most of the guys don't really know how this one started getting used. Regardless, it's been kept since it helps keep the room light and loose before games. Sometimes during home games we'll get the DJ to play it over the speakers in warmup since it drives the other teams up the wall when they hear it.

4. Can't Touch This - MC Hammer

MC Hammer is a classic for a locker room, so it's a great pump-up song. You always want those songs that give the team that extra little swagger, so a little MC Hammer is right up our alley. It's great for road games too when you need to face enemy crowds.

5. The Boys Are Back - Dropkick Murphys

Stingray Irwin, the Irishman, brought this one into the room a little while back after some more physical outings. We've got some scrappy players on this team with me, Nick Corrigan, Stracimir Petrovic, and Zlatan, so the guys are definitely looking for trouble some nights. With a bunch of players on the team who've had at least one fight on the year, it's a good song to get the team going.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

02-17-2020, 12:05 AMNhamlet Wrote: S50 @ej27Hmm

lol it's been a long weekend

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

This is what the Colorado locker room sounds like when the number one overall pick has DJ duties.

1. 2 Phones - Kevin Gates

This is the jam me and the younger guys that don't have families blast when we're in the Uber on the way to the club so naturally it has also made its way into the room before practice and games. I'm pretty sure the older guys actively hate it, but just put up with it because most of them actually do have two phones if you catch my drift. Pro hockey, y'all. That's how she goes. 

2. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

This one is purely on the playlist because me and a bunch of the other guys are huge fans of the old NHL video games and this was a big tune on the 2005 version of the game, which is easily the best version of the game. Do not @ me. I don't think a single sole in the room has any complaints when this bad boy comes on.

3. Alter Bridge - Metalingus

Edge is back and this is now the song we walk out to when I have the choice because it's dope and Edge is dope. A few of the guys that were never into wrestling don't understand the significance of it, but like this was my childhood and they just have to deal with it. Everybody needs a good WWE theme song listen every now and then.

4. R.I.C.O - Meek Mill feat. Drake

This is just a dope track and we're a bunch of young bucks trying to live the life that Drake and Meek talk about in this song. Just a banger and the real hip hop heads in the room will even listen to some Drake if it's this song that comes on. "For the teachers that say I won't make it here, I spend a day what you make a year."

5. Still D.R.E. - Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg

GOAT stuff only. Alex Ovechkin used this as his personal goal song when he scored a home goal for the Caps and I thought that was entirely badass and immediately threw this on the playlist. Song talks about still working to get better even though Dre is a legend, so I think a bunch of dudes in the room can relate. We're in the SMJHL, some of us already SHL draft picks, but this is only the beginning.

Raptors S52 SMJHL Entry Draft First Overall Selection Raptors 
norway Chris Cerullo - Center norway 
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 08:28 AM by Mediocre_Fred.)

So the Detroit Falcons had kinda done this on our own already, so I'm going to list out some of my favorites or ones that I suggested when we first created it.

1. KISS - Detroit Rock City                             
    This one was just necessary. Plus, it's a pretty rockin' song.
  2. Cake - War Pigs                                            
    I'll admit, it was me who wanted this one on the playlist, but come on, it is a pretty good cover and it never fails to get me hyped up.
  3. The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock     
    I love this song. What gets you more pumped than grunge rock? That's right, nothing. Just make sure you turn the dial up to eleven before starting this song, especially for the solo when it sounds like Billy Corgan is bending the notes into the freaking stratosphere.
  4. Kanye West - POWER                                 
    I should probably add something a little newer than the 1990s to this playlist and here it is. This classic by Kanye is sure to get everyone in the locker room in the zone.
  5. Beck - E-PRO                                              
    You'd be lying if you were to say to me you didn't think Beck was cool. This song is a great addition because of the driving drums and bass with a pretty cool guitar riff on top. Add in the slightly angsty lyrics and you've got yourself a grade A pregame pump song.
You can find the Detroit Falcons playlist on spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4IIgeO...Wf7xKGMX7D

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

raiders HALIFAX LOCKER-ROOM JAMS raiders
[Image: source.gif]
[Image: RgEbxq2.png]
1)Black Sabbath - War Pigs 
I mean you really cant top it can you in terms of hype up music.

2)Timbaland - The Way I Are
Best hit of the 2000s. Hands down dont @me.

3)IDLES - Never Fight a Man with a Perm
A true Punk stomper, this gets the blood boiling for any potential fights. The Raiders need to be scrappy out there so they need to make every minute count.

4)Mnogoznaal - Z-Pam
Russian gangsta beats, I think you can guess where this suggestion came from.

5)Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Our defacto theme song, plays in the home-stadium when we get on the ice, is used in all our promotional media. Almost a mandatory listen for the Raiders, but everyone seems to enjoy it.

6)Eddy Baker - NIGHTRIDER
A fantastic fusion of the favorite genres of the theme. Perfectly blends rap and synth pop. Everybody does their own little dance when this jam comes on, helps loosen us up and often comes on during keep-up in the hallway.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

[Image: tumblr_m3sbegBvjE1qzo55r.gif]

Junior locker rooms are a lil bit weird for culture compared to a normal pro team. The constant turnover and youth in the room mean that there's mostly newer music and stereotypical pre-game music playing. The top played songs this season?

1. 'Till I Collapse - Eminem
Is there anything more energizing than that bass line? Not a chance. This song fills locker rooms across the world, and Carolina's is no different.

2. 300 Violin Orchestra - Jorge Quintero
Jimmy's youth team's favorite warm up song; he snuck it on to the list in preseason and it came on right as everyone was lining up to take the ice in the season opener. It's been a staple since, and always gets people focused before warm-ups.

3. Welcome to Party - Diplo, French Montana & Lil Pump ft. Zhavia Ward
The main example of the youth influence on the team, the 2018 release is still going strong in Carolina. Some of the guys have been trying to get it on the arena sound system for warm-ups but there's been a bit of hesitancy from the higher ups for some reason...

4. Old Town Road - Lil Nas X
It started off with playing it ironically... Then they couldn't stop it. Something about that damn song is so fun and catchy it just gets everyone going. It's so frequently the first song played just because it gets everyone loose and ready to enjoy the rest of the list. They'll actually play this one on the arena system too so that's a plus.

5. Burn The House Down - AJR
Song's an absolute banger, put out by one of the better alternative groups in the new decade. It's got massive appeal, and it's super dance-able regardless of if you're bobbing along like Ambacas Cuddles or breaking it down with dance moves like Jimmy Wagner. It's a good song to get loose and de-stress.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The Script (feat. Will.I.Am) - Hall of Fame: One of the pre-draft hype songs of the S52 draft, this one represents all the rookies on the team. Originally picked by Eric Hudson, the rest of the rookies really jived with it. Our potential? The best of the best! 

Nelly - Country Grammar: "You can find me in St Louis rollin on dubs...." Come on, this one is self-explanatory. It's Nelly. We're St. Louis. "I'm from the Lou and I'm proud!"

Scorpions - Rock you Like a Hurricane: An oldie but a goodie, this classic arena rock tune has a driving beat that really gets our hearts pumping and tapping our sticks on the floor. Also, what we plan to do to the opponent every night. 

Volbeat - Seal the Deal (And Let's Boogie for a While): Rookie goalie Jason Vorhees came over from Finland and brought with him a love of Danish rock band Volbeat. This song features super fast guitars and drums to get your blood flowing. Bonus, the "let's boogie" can reference dancing, fighting or f***ing... you choose. 

Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle: Another classic stadium anthem, this is the song we skate onto the ice with.  The lights go out and that first guitar riff echoes in the hushed building before we pour out onto the ice and the crowd roars. We're already pumped, now it's time to get the crowd pumped. Also serves as a warning to the opponent...

[Image: hudson.png]

As Fred mentioned, we have a pretty dope playlist. Here are the ones that I suggested, or just my favorites from the Falcons playlist.

1. AC/DC - Thunderstruck: This is just the best pump-up song ever, in my opinion. The guitar beginning with the rough vocals is perfect. When the chanting of THUNDER and the kick drum comes in, I get goosebumps. This song is on every workout playlist I've ever made and can get me hyped for just about anything.

2. Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody: My guilty pleasure song. As soon as I hear the 808 beats in the beginning and the vocal licks from Whitney Houston, a smile breaks on my face. The upbeat synth and Whitney's superb voice makes for quite the bop. While it isn't a "pump up" song, it always makes me want to move and puts me in a good mood.

3. Eminem - Lose Yourself: I'm not really the biggest fan of rap, but there's something about Eminem that makes it speak to me. Lose Yourself is a song that makes me feel like I can do ANYTHING. I want to take my one shot. My opportunity. To seize everything I ever wanted. I know all the words to this song and you bet I'm rapping along every time I hear it.

4. Britney Spears - Work Bitch: So I only discovered this song the other day, but it instantly grabbed me. The melody and synth of this song combines catchiness with intensity. I haven't been able to get the melody out of my head for days. Also, I loved this song so much it might be making an appearance soon...

5. Guns N' Roses - Welcome to the Jungle: This is another rock song that really gets the juices flowing for me. It makes me want to crack my neck and start fighting things. This song goes back to my younger years because this song was played by our rival high school soccer team before their games. So, it makes me feel extra competitive.

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 10:18 PM by leviadan.)

When I was drafted out of the German country-side, I didn't know too much about contemporary American culture. I wanted to make a pre-game playlist that would be fitting given that I was going to Detroit. So I sat down, did some research, and found some of Motown's greatest pump-up hits. It only makes sense, right? I'm going to a city known for one of the greatest eras of American music! Surely the boys will love it!

Turns out the boys did not love it, and I only got one game to control the music before I was banned from touching it ever again. Regardless, I'm proud of the playlist, so I'll share it here. 

Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Stevie Wonder

This song just drives. It warms your heart, it warms your feet, and it gets the blood pumping. What better way to get going when you're coming into a cold rink? If you don't want to dance into the O-zone and finesse the puck top shelf while listening to this, then I can't help you. 

Stop In the Name of Love - The Supremes

A defensive anthem. Again-- driving drums to get your head bobbing, and powerful string accents that lift your soul. This one goes down smooth. It makes you happy, it's relaxing, and it's a great song to have in your head as you lay guys out at the blue line.

Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes

This ones for the playmakers. To me, this song is about a grinder like myself battling in front of the net while they wait for someone to hit them with the perfect pass.

Quote:"So many days you passed me by
You saw the tears standin' in my eye
You wouldn't stop to make me feel better
By leavin' me a card or a letter."

The card or letter being a metaphor for the puck.

Let's Get it On - Marvin Gaye

Self-explanatory. The ultimate pump up song. This song can get your horny for anything, including hockey. Boys, let's get out there and get it on. We're gonna win this one, I can feel it.

I Want You Back - The Jackson 5

This song just sounds like a goddamn win. Nothing feels better than blasting home a game winner and then walking into the dressing room with this pumping. As the kids would say, this one slaps. I dare you to find a better victory song.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2020, 10:12 PM by leviadan.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

The Halifax pre-game playlist never fails to get the boys hyped up, and I'll share a few of the songs we have on it.

Good Charlotte- The Anthem

A classic pop punk jam

Led Zeppelin- Immigrant Song

The song that plays when we skate out onto the ice at home, everyone seems to love it

Travis Scott - Sicko Mode

Not sure how this one started out, but it was requested quite a few times and it gets us pumped up

Aviici - Levels

Bjornoson really pushed hard for this one, and I can't really blame him after hearing it a few times

Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling

A guilty pleasure song of mine, I was surprised how easy it was to get this one on the playlist

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 02:27 PM by Jerppu.)

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
Classic hype song before entering the rink. Get's the blood pumping and gives the right fighting mindset. Some of the guys doesn't like it too much saying it's too old.. like what?

Basshunter - Boten Anna
The Swedes love this.. for some reason. Unfortunately this song finds itself in the playlist every now and then. I.. I think it's starting to grow on me, eww..

Kalinka Remix (Bass Boosted)
Samat Beibitzhanov loves this. After a great win he plays this piece of art so loud that the door handles vibrate. Save to say we have been listening this song a lot this season. Hope we hear more of this during playoff.

Five Little Dinosaurs | CoCoMelon Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs
This one.. is special. At the training camp rest of the team played this to rookies. We even had to do some choreography to it, it was so bad. Some kind of traditional rookie prank. I think Chris Cerullo still listens to it with his earbuds.

Motorhead- Time to Play the Game
Another classic hype song. This one is the locker room favourite. Maybe little cliche, but it works.

[Image: HuuveriCUDA.png]
 Raptors Raptors Sweden Thanks to @JSS for the sig! Sweden Barracuda Barracuda