Create Account

Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements

06-02-2020, 08:09 PMsve7en Wrote: 3. You know what you have condemned in this thread? Rioting. You know what you haven't condemned in this thread? Police brutality. DESPITE BRINGING UP GEORGE FLOYD'S NAME.

He can't condemn what he believes is the right course of action.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

06-02-2020, 08:11 PMlespoils Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:47 PMCarbine Wrote: Do you want to make an argument against anything I said, or are you going to stick to semantics? Also,

Nah mate, lots of people have already debunked you way better than I can, just gonna address the fact that "it's a theory so it's not proven" and that kind of shit is stupid as fuck.

And if you think pointing out a typo is the same thing as pointing out the difference between a theory and a hypothesis, you're getting even further from the point and there's really no point arguing with you

It wasn't a typo, it's an acceptable usage of the word Smile

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

06-02-2020, 08:12 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:11 PMlespoils Wrote: Nah mate, lots of people have already debunked you way better than I can, just gonna address the fact that "it's a theory so it's not proven" and that kind of shit is stupid as fuck.

And if you think pointing out a typo is the same thing as pointing out the difference between a theory and a hypothesis, you're getting even further from the point and there's really no point arguing with you

It wasn't a typo, it's an acceptable usage of the word Smile

Correct, my AP Chem exam had 'an hypothesis' written all over it.

[Image: 336.jpg]

06-02-2020, 08:12 PMwumaduce Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:09 PMsve7en Wrote: 3. You know what you have condemned in this thread? Rioting. You know what you haven't condemned in this thread? Police brutality. DESPITE BRINGING UP GEORGE FLOYD'S NAME.

He can't condemn what he believes is the right course of action.
Honestly he lost the argument the moment he stepped foot in this thread so.

06-02-2020, 07:15 PMjcfbey01 Wrote: I support peaceful protests that are occurring, I believe that all lives matter, no matter race, sex, or beliefs. But if you believe in shooting cops that are trying to protect and save their city, then don't talk to me because that's fucking messed up.

I support peaceful protests that are occurring, I believe that all lives matter, no matter race, sex, or beliefs. But if you believe in shooting cops black people that are trying to protect and save their city be alive, then don't talk to me because that's fucking messed up.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

mr. @Carbine if you truly cared about black lives you'd continue to post and get dunked on for the cause

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 08:19 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

I don't agree with everything that has been said in here and with how easily some of you are giving a complete blank cheque to basically every kind of rioting and looting, but wowza, those are some impressively bad takes by Carbine.

06-02-2020, 08:15 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:12 PMnotorioustig Wrote: It wasn't a typo, it's an acceptable usage of the word Smile

Correct, my AP Chem exam had 'an hypothesis' written all over it.
YO HOWD IT GO

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

06-02-2020, 08:20 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:15 PMByrdeMan Wrote: Correct, my AP Chem exam had 'an hypothesis' written all over it.
YO HOWD IT GO
it was 6 years ago, but it went fantastic lmao

06-02-2020, 08:18 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: every kind of rioting and looting

So, the way I see it, there's the destruction and looting by people who are pro-BLM. I'm down with that.

There is also destruction done by police, agent provocateurs, racists, and opportunists, I'm not down with that.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-02-2020, 07:13 PMjcfbey01 Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: carbine pls

you have things backwards. This isn't 'ah people are rioting and therefore the police are fighting back' this is 'police are attacking peaceful protesters and therefore there are riots happening'. What do you want people to do, man? roll over and die? These riots are the product of generations of built up hatred and injustice in America, and to say that they should just stop is foolish and unsympathetic at best.

Police are only responding because they're getting attacked during the riots. Example: they burned down the police station (and many other buildings) in Minneapolis. Here in Vegas, these cops saved hundreds of lives during 1 October shooting, and now just last night one was shot in the head by a rioter. 99% of cops are good cops, and want to protect the people. Only 1% are bad, but everyone believes they are all bad. Every group of people has bad people; but that doesn't mean everyone else is bad.

And for the part of "rolling over and die," that's a terrible response, because that's what many people want the police to do, roll over and let the riots kill them and burn down the city.

If you're going to choose to make blind statements of fact then perhaps don't use LVPD, a notoriously bent police force, as your example.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

[Image: 43rx10.jpg]

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

06-02-2020, 06:50 PMhhh81 Wrote: @Carbine let me help you out. Social contract theory, as outlined by Hobbes and Locke, were the exact thinkers the Founders and Framers cited with the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The Federalist Papers directly point back to social contract theory at several points. The theory is in practice today, as it's what undergirds the entire nation.

Second, here's a link to one explanation of it: https://www.iep.utm.edu/soc-cont/

If you don't feel like reading, you can also watch a Youtube video from a HS Government class.

Also, violent protest was also a central part of the Civil Rights Movement, regardless of how sanitized and whitewashed much of the history has become especially around Dr. King. 

To your arguably snide comment discrediting Trevor Noah, comedians like him, Colbert, and Jon Stewart have shown more leadership over the last 4 years than Trump has in any single day of his embarrassment of a regime. They've also covered current events with more integrity, intelligence, and nuance than the major media outlets have, which is sad but makes sense. Good comedians are always on the front line of observing and understanding things as they are, and point out the absurdity of many things.

If you'd like to have a serious conversation about these topics, my DMs are open.
Thank you for the link, I'll give it a read. I do apologize for the drawn-out response but violence and stealing are a non-starter for me. Still, it wasn't fair to you for me to rant like that.

There was a time where I enjoyed the last night shows with Colbert, Stewart, Oliver, never could get into Noah's show but now I feel like they're just too one-sided to be enjoyed. Not enough comedy, too much 'Trump is evil!'. I will concede that they've probably done a better job of articulating current events than the mainstream media though. Now that's really one-sided, in my opinion.

I'll shoot you a DM after I give that link a read, I'm sure there's something in there I'll have some thoughts on. Cheers.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

In the immortal words of Pingy:

HECC DA SYSTME

[Image: 598316077746880513.png?v=1]

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

06-02-2020, 08:21 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
06-02-2020, 08:20 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: YO HOWD IT GO
it was 6 years ago, but it went fantastic lmao