Create Account

Mark Rycroft, The Colorado Avalanche, and his hateful statements

i know someone who got beat so badly you couldn't tell he had a nose anymore only for saying "all lives matter"

and id fucking do it again stupid racist bitch
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:11 PM by Loco.)

06-02-2020, 09:03 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
Antifa
[Image: unknown.png]
this one was to denver! : )

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

if you're gonna say lives matter, make sure to put all infront of it

racism
racism or the highway

06-02-2020, 09:03 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:58 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: carbine pls

you have things backwards. This isn't 'ah people are rioting and therefore the police are fighting back' this is 'police are attacking peaceful protesters and therefore there are riots happening'. What do you want people to do, man? roll over and die? These riots are the product of generations of built up hatred and injustice in America, and to say that they should just stop is foolish and unsympathetic at best.
You see, I just don't think police are just attacking protestors for no reason. I wouldn't say they're attacking them at all. If they actually were, such as in Hong Kong with their clashes with the Chinese-backed police force, then you'd have a stronger argument. The US government isn't just coming out and labeling Antifa a domestic terrorist organization for no reason. There is evidence, or at least some very convenient coincidences, that some of this chaos has been planned.

What I think is going on is that the BLM protestors are largely peaceful and that Antifa are the ones starting the chaos and attacking the police. Once that happens, the high emotions of these protests are drawing some of those protestors into the mayhem, making it seem like BLM are the ones attacking the police, or the police attacking the protestors, either or.

Regardless, I think the problem here is Antifa and their extreme views. Just my opinion, not at all saying it's 100% true but I certainly don't think it's 100% false.

So, here's the thing.. Antifa isn't some singular entity, it's not an organization, and the idea that they're now being called a terrorist group is designed to be used to call protesters terrorists in the eyes of the law.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-02-2020, 06:07 PMCarbine Wrote: Logically speaking, yes, you are correct when it comes to shaking up the status quo. However, the means do not justify the ends when it comes to this movement.
Rioting and looting will be and have been met with similarly destructive means by the police and private citizens so far. Police are oath-bound to confront these rioters (from the above link): “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." Private citizens are entitled to self-defense through the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

carbine pls

you have things backwards. This isn't 'ah people are rioting and therefore the police are fighting back' this is 'police are attacking peaceful protesters and therefore there are riots happening'. What do you want people to do, man? roll over and die? These riots are the product of generations of built up hatred and injustice in America, and to say that they should just stop is foolish and unsympathetic at best.
So, of course, I found this after I replied to you. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rubio-d...s-photo-op

I still think it's largely agitators forcing the police response, however.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

I wouldnt say Fox news is the most reliable source of information TBF.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

-> Says can't find fully reliable sources in mainstream media

-> Uses fox news.

@Loco

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

06-02-2020, 09:17 PMCarbine Wrote:
foxnews
10. bucks. to Brooklyn! dun dun dun 10. bucks. to Brooklyn!

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Carbine used the most left wing news site he could find, Fox News.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

06-02-2020, 07:08 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
06-02-2020, 06:07 PMCarbine Wrote: Yes. I think that's pretty apparent to most people at this point.

Defending riots and looting isn't a good look dude. I don't care what the cause is, violence and the destruction of people's livelihoods should never be acceptable by any society. Furthermore, you immediately discredit this movement by shifting the blame to police and so-called 'white supremacists'. Police are required to be there - it's their job to uphold the Constitution in the US (see here). I haven't seen anything from any news source to suggest 'white supremacists' are instigating either. Have you? Be careful not to provide a pasty white kid in blackout clothing as proof because I'm pretty sure that's the standard 'uniform' for the newly (or soon to be newly) designated terrorist group, Antifa.

Sigh. No, it doesn't. Looting is stealing. It's a crime. A protest doesn't change that.

I have no idea what this 'social contract theory' thing is but perhaps it should stay as it's called: theory. A comedian probably isn't the best vehicle for explaining this kind of stuff either - regardless of his skin color. You wouldn't trust a fry cook, for example, with finding a cure to the coronavirus, would you?

Logically speaking, yes, you are correct when it comes to shaking up the status quo. However, the means do not justify the ends when it comes to this movement.
Rioting and looting will be and have been met with similarly destructive means by the police and private citizens so far. Police are oath-bound to confront these rioters (from the above link): “I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." Private citizens are entitled to self-defense through the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution.

Now, with that being said, and before someone calls me a racist, I largely support the BLM movement and their right to peaceful protest, like every other person in a free society. They aren't being withheld from that right, even during a worldwide pandemic (which has oddly become less of a big deal over the past few days, it seems). I do not support the rioting and looting that are being sparked by these protests, however. George Floyd's family has said on numerous occasions that they want the violence to stop. Wasn't his death the reason this all boiled over? Why are the riots and looting continuing then?

And as for Mark Rycroft, the reason this thread even exists, come on. The dude owns a liquor store that, presumably, was being looted during one of the riots in Colorado. I'd be pissed too if my business was being destroyed by lawless thugs. While I don't wish for a similar kind of retribution that he described, the reaction to what was probably a very emotional night for him is absolutely justified. Maybe not on a public forum, and as a locally known sportscaster, but justified nonetheless.

It's not as if he was saying 'F*ck BLM' or something to that effect, despite how some people took it.

Here are some links I found pretty quickly after googling of white supremacists groups being suspected or confirmed as attempting to incite violence as well as deflect blame to the antifa boogeyman:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...lence.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-su...sts-2020-6

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status...00483?s=19

Here's a thread of 150+ instances of police violence against peaceful protesters, bystanders, reporters, the works really:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status...59847?s=19.

In these instances, the cops are starting the violence. All with cameras rolling.
I did not see those stories about the actual white supremacists' groups instigating online. Thanks for sharing.

As for the twitter thread, I went through and watched some. Certainly not ideal but it's hard to trust those kinds of videos at face value. Hard to tell if more context would make them more comprehensible. I had more questions than answers after some of them, that's for sure.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 09:56 PM by HanTheMan_.)

@Loco

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

06-02-2020, 09:45 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-02-2020, 07:08 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
Certainly not ideal
10 bucks to tampa bay

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

06-02-2020, 07:09 PMwumaduce Wrote: Just some stuff you might wanna look at, Carbine.

https://www.newsweek.com/fbi-asks-eviden...ce-1508165

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fak...s-removal/
First article sucked, trying to troll the FBI twitter account isn't news.

As for that second one, I'll add it to the other two posted reporting the same thing. It does make sense that actual white supremacist groups would try to dupe BLM folks into rioting.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 10:01 PM by GeckoeyGecko.)

@Loco

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e