Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:18 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Cal only says homophobia and racism isn't a big deal when its his friends who repeatedly get caught being homophobic and racist. Shocker.
This is so disingenuous that I'm not surprised you're the person who said it. Of course they're big issues. You know how you get people to learn and stop being homophobic and racist? Show that when somebody learns you're willing to accept them.
If I was as bigoted as you like to claim I think we would be best friends. Laughing

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMgrok Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:21 PMhockeyfan Wrote: He should position change to defense if he wants to play this season.

I assume this is a joke because goalies can't position change
Great work Grok

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMgrok Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:21 PMhockeyfan Wrote: He should position change to defense if he wants to play this season.

I assume this is a joke because goalies can't position change

You know what they say about assuming

Every locker room has a dude in it that has said the "F word" in the past.

Really should just leave that BS in the past...what good does it do for the community to post a super old ass comment like that and draw attention to it.

This site will and has forgiven many people for making mistakes. If you don't like Slash that is fine, he shits on many others and gets shit on just the same. Stop living in the past though. If you want to join in the conversation and make your personal judgement known, make it current.

Also the contract stuff is super interesting here...and I agree with the comments made about increasing the role of the backup.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

09-23-2020, 01:15 PMWaters Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:09 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think racism and homophobia are forms of mental illness
recovering from a condition that affects only yourself directly is not the same as saying a homophobic slur which affects an entire community

I don't personally still hold a grudge over it but there are plenty of people that do and its slash's job to prove himself, not everyone else's job to forgive him.
They're certainly not identical issues. One is a physiological addiction that requires both physical and mental changes to overcome, but let's not pretend that we haven't had generations of institutionalized racism, white fragility/solidarity, etc. brainwashing us and our youth into thinking that such behavior is normal. Especially in America.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-23-2020, 01:09 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:08 PMWaters Wrote: please dont tell me you're saying having a drug addiction is the same as being homophobic
I think racism and homophobia are forms of mental illness

Kinda fucked up to compare addiction to homophobia.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

09-23-2020, 01:09 PMAce Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:58 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I don't see it, if BUF was willing to allow me into the LR then the sky is the limit

If the issue really is just cap space that's real unfortunate. Imagine earning so much TPE that you price yourself out of a job
I do have to say I am surprised with how this has worked itself out. I like Slash, and I've even had the dialogue internally to see if we have the room to get him to come on board, I'd even step back and be a backup for a season. Unfortunately due to finances, we don't have room.

I truly figured that with the expansion occurring, two starting jobs would be open and Cain would've been a slam dunk for one of them.

hmm i see you are not trying to hide it anymore eh.

This is all really upsetting to me.

Slash is a little shitter on the forum and hes a little shitter to a lot of people on here. He gives shit and takes just as much, if not more back. Im so tired of hearing all this slander on someone I consider a good friend of mine. Just because he spams “fuck detroit” or whatever on the forum doesn’t mean he’s a piece of shit.

The “explain” thunderdome was extremely warranted and in no way am I defending what he. That thread and that whole incident literally changed who he was as a person, changed his views. He didn’t fully realize the impact and gravity that word carried when he said that. I was his friend before and after that and I and anyone else who has been his friend can see that he’s changed as a person.

Anyone who has been in a voice call, played games with him, or even talked to him about non-shl shit can see that he’s just a dude like the rest of us.

@SlashACM I love you bro.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

cal you're so dumb lol

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Cap space

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

09-23-2020, 01:27 PMHallsy Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:09 PMAce Wrote: I do have to say I am surprised with how this has worked itself out. I like Slash, and I've even had the dialogue internally to see if we have the room to get him to come on board, I'd even step back and be a backup for a season. Unfortunately due to finances, we don't have room.

I truly figured that with the expansion occurring, two starting jobs would be open and Cain would've been a slam dunk for one of them.

hmm i see you are not trying to hide it anymore eh.
Hide what?

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

:megaweird:

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

You'd think with all the shady shit that goes on in this league to try and win someone would figure out a way to open cap space to sign one of the best goalies that gives them a chance at a cup

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: I guess this raisses a question I've never thought of before

In the instance of Cain IRL he would likely lower his ask in FA below 6M to secure a contract for next season (in some situations a player would hold out but that's because other options such as Europe exist). Is there a point in which FA's should be allowed to lower their ask below their minimum? Would be hard to enforce whether someone is sitting unsigned to cheat the system though (when having a spot lined up with a team just wanting to make less of a hit on their cap)

Perhaps pay a lower pick too as conpensation so it doesnt get abused?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

im just here for the recipe

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]