Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 02:27 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:13 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Someone make the team already so I can go lol

Andreas Kvalheim - Aaron Wilson - Julio Tokolosh
 Matt Kholin - Monkey D. Luffy - Simon LeBlanc
 Alex Winters - Tony Pepperoni - Kaarlo Kekkonen

Rex Kirkby - Guy Zheng
Tig Murphy - Andrej Doskočil
Adam Scianna -Samuel Michaud

Kata Vilde
A Jobin
I am truly honored. Someone put this in my trophy case.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

09-23-2020, 02:31 PMTommySalami Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Are you suggesting a second bidding system that let’s us bid on active players for half their minimum pay? Sounds amazing

The player would need to engage the process but yeah. There would also need to be some guidelines in place to prevent exploitation. Like if Cain could start that process now, he might be able to get a contract. If someone at a more desirable position tried it, I highly doubt a team would be able to snag them below minimum.

Also once it's started the player has no choice, top-bidder gets the player.
i like this idea only if its done live so we can stir up drama

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

09-23-2020, 02:43 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:31 PMTommySalami Wrote: The player would need to engage the process but yeah. There would also need to be some guidelines in place to prevent exploitation. Like if Cain could start that process now, he might be able to get a contract. If someone at a more desirable position tried it, I highly doubt a team would be able to snag them below minimum.

Also once it's started the player has no choice, top-bidder gets the player.
i like this idea only if its done live so we can stir up drama

We'll get a real auctioneer and live stream the whole thing.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

09-23-2020, 02:38 PMTommySalami Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:27 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:  Andreas Kvalheim - Aaron Wilson - Julio Tokolosh
 Matt Kholin - Monkey D. Luffy - Simon LeBlanc
 Alex Winters - Tony Pepperoni - Kaarlo Kekkonen

Rex Kirkby - Guy Zheng
Tig Murphy - Andrej Doskočil
Adam Scianna -Samuel Michaud

Kata Vilde
A Jobin

I'm getting old! Look at all these young guys.

I feel anything but young, let me tell you

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

09-23-2020, 02:45 PMTommySalami Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:43 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: i like this idea only if its done live so we can stir up drama

We'll get a real auctioneer and live stream the whole thing.

Just make it a game of Bidiots with each painting assigned by an arbitrary third-party to each FA, revealed after the game.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Obviously the conversation shifted a bit, but if I'm Cain I talk to teams about signing and just not join the LR. Maybe something will shake out that way and he'll actually get a team and then maybe down the road they can talk out him joining the LR.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

09-23-2020, 03:02 PMJT3 Wrote: Obviously the conversation shifted a bit, but if I'm Cain I talk to teams about signing and just not join the LR. Maybe something will shake out that way and he'll actually get a team and then maybe down the road they can talk out him joining the LR.

That's only part of the problem. Slash is polarizing and some people don't like him, but there's also just no room at the inn. This kind of thread is going to come up with increasing frequency once everyone realizes how restrictive the new cap changes are. Grandfathered 4m contracts for 1800 TPE players won't last forever.

09-23-2020, 03:04 PMgrok Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:02 PMJT3 Wrote: Obviously the conversation shifted a bit, but if I'm Cain I talk to teams about signing and just not join the LR. Maybe something will shake out that way and he'll actually get a team and then maybe down the road they can talk out him joining the LR.

That's only part of the problem. Slash is polarizing and some people don't like him, but there's also just no room at the inn. This kind of thread is going to come up with increasing frequency once everyone realizes how restrictive the new cap changes are. Grandfathered 4m contracts for 1800 TPE players won't last forever.

Yeah I'll be honest I havent scanned the budgets to see who has room, how many teams are there that currently have the required space to sign Cain?

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

09-23-2020, 03:07 PMJT3 Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:04 PMgrok Wrote: That's only part of the problem. Slash is polarizing and some people don't like him, but there's also just no room at the inn. This kind of thread is going to come up with increasing frequency once everyone realizes how restrictive the new cap changes are. Grandfathered 4m contracts for 1800 TPE players won't last forever.

Yeah I'll be honest I havent scanned the budgets to see who has room, how many teams are there that currently have the required space to sign Cain?

And how many of those teams have a goalie that is both in regression and lower TPE?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:11 PM by JKortesi81.)

He's really just the first casualty of the new tiers. Hell, i even offered to sign him to the $4M HTD and trade him to a team but those teams either wanted him and couldn't afford him, or could afford him and didn't want him.

It's the "perfect storm", as others have said. It's a hard sell to a lot of teams/players in the league who only know slash as the guy who says really stupid stuff on the site at times and they don't know that he's a good dude outside of these forum walls.

I know we could potentially sign him back ourselves, but after hearing "Oh man you guys have slash still huh?" (second only to "Do you still have Serpe?") from prospective FA's who go elsewhere year after year, it makes it a little harder to really want to make it work if we even could.

It sucks. He deserves to be somewhere. But just about everywhere has the #1 goalie.

I brought up in GM/HO chat that goalies should be allowed to switch. I'm pretty sure they weren't allowed to from archaic rules from back when STHS was around and we had trouble filling out 14 teams with actives. Now that we're saturated with goalies, i dont think that needs to be in there. And that's for any goalie, not just Cainer.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

09-23-2020, 03:04 PMgrok Wrote:

The tiers are the problem, for sure. It's going to get a little crazy I bet. Teams aren't going to be able to afford everyone. Getting rid of tiers/dropping minimums only leads to the super teams of course, so we can't go that route. Raise the cap maybe? But that just ruins why tiers were raised in the first place. It's not fair to limit teams to like "only 3 people over X TPE" because if you draft well, that punishes you. It's tough.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

I appreciate those who care that I'm not playing atm and see it as a sad situation. To those who might not personally mesh with me on the site, you really wish for my career to end like this?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

guys come over here instead

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

09-23-2020, 02:09 PMCyanide Wrote: The parm recipe was the best thing to come out of this thread
Damn straight. I'm trying that at some point. Maybe this weekend.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

09-23-2020, 01:38 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:34 PMAce Wrote: Hide what?

That you are Wormtongue, the true GM behind NEW
lol

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother