Create Account

S57 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 01:24 AM by HanTheMan_.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (155 Words)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

As my final season in juniors with the Vancouver Whalers wraps up I’m pretty proud of myself so far! We made it to the playoffs yet again but unfortunately did not win another cup. That is okay! The fact I was a part of the team that won a Four Star Cup is an incredible feat! I fell short in total points this season compared to last, but we sure had some stars come through, like KnockedOut  ByOvechkin and Valtterri Kauppinen both with 57 points. Crazy stuff for sure. My next season I will be with the Hamilton Steelhawks! I’ll be joining a previous Vancouver Whaler known as Rotticus Scott, who had an excellent rookie season. I hope to be as effective on the ice with the rest of the lads there. If I were able to break 50 points in my rookie season, I’d be ecstatic. Let’s see how it goes! Roll on S58!

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

GeckoeyGecko
The notorious Gecko
No thoughts, only e

Me Hallsy, me pee
Me make big stinky, ew
Me Hallsy, me poo

Gabriel Johnson
He finally escaped HAM
To Seattle we go!

Tigothy Murphy
He acquired the Johnson
He’s an Argonaut

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: grapihc_9.png]

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series? (66 Words)

Both these teams are incredibly strong, and arguably in the strongest division of all the SHL. These two along with Buffalo had to put up a great fight to get to the finals. Hamilton picked up a previous Chicago prospect in the last off-season that definitely performed this season. I think the line-up that Hamilton made up will be strong enough to give them that advantage.

Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant. (62 Words)

Out of both the teams, I prefer the Hamilton Steelhawks branding. As classic as black and yellow is, the Steelhawks colour scheme is just more cohesive and harmonious. And even has those black, blue and yellow alt jerseys. Best of both worlds. Location wise for Hamilton is definitely a lil weird given how close Hamilton is to Toronto but here we are.

Code:
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb? (52 Words)

I would love to help out my short king Dale Miller with those high reach shelves! He is a small lil guy and sometimes you need a hand with those high reach spots. I’m almost 6 foot so that should be enough to help out and reach those objects on high shelves.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (104 Words)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to Chicago, woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

My MVP of the S57 series will be Michael Scarn of the Hamilton Steelhawks. He got the most total points across the regular season and playoffs out of the whole Hamilton team, as well as had the second most assists in the playoffs, and most assists in the regular season. A close second and third pick would be Dick Clapper and Aaron Wilson, also putting up 90+ points in the regular season and playoffs combined. I’m looking forward to being able to play with such strong players and hope to put up those numbers in my future. Maybe even get an MVP myself :D

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

paris

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 09:07 PM by mee.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

By far and away Johnny Shuffleboard had his best junior season in his final one. I had 44 points after having just 24 points last season. No the 16 extra games does not explain that for those of you who are hopeless at math. I was very happy with making the all star game. That was one of my main goals going into the season, and when it happened I was very happy. So the funny part is I obviously had the same build as last season, so I can't really credit any attribute.. Except my coaching changed. Let's just say that dmills was so short he didn't notice he was playing around with my aggressiveness slider. With that fixed up Shuffleboard was a vastly improved player. Also picked up the captain slot this season, that was very cool. Getting to boss around koopa because, well, he just wasn't as good? Fantastic. Also I got traded for a first round pick. Means that I'm finally worth more than the third I was drafted as.
Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?
I would like to suggest two ideas. There should be a clutch role. Players with this role would get a little boost to everything they are good at in close late regular season games. In the playoff it would certainly be on full time.

The only one I'd like to add is rivals. Probably would make players more aggressive but also a little bit better. There can be personal rivals and team rivals. Wouldn't it be funny when ever player makes HAM his rival? And then HAM would have to deal with it the entire season? Tell me that isn't funny with a straight face.

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
SHL Shuffle
Board gets traded to Minny
Not sure if happy

Minny good people
But don't win like Buffalo
Get to play more time

Johnny Shuffleboard
Liked Vancouver sad to go
But the time has come

Junior days over
Up to SHL it is
Time to play in the bigs

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!
[Image: 50891839498_62f792cb4d_z.jpg]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: 50891839483_bcc213cc6a_z.jpg]

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
shuff

3 TPE

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 02:28 AM by Muford.)

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=269681 Welfare

Task 1 -

While I did not do what I thought I would do as a Petrov, I did exceed team goals with Anchorage by winning the SMJHL Finals! I was so happy that I was actually able to be on the ice this time to help my team succeed in the finals, as we are all well aware that Tommy Tuck did not get any ice time when he won his only ever SMJHL trophy. Either which way, While Petrov was not the leading scorer of all the Petrovs (I Blame @Gwdjohnson because he made me an agitator), I was able to contribute enough to help Anchorage go over the top and win it all. It was a great season down in the minors as a whole and I was happy to share it with some of my great teammates in Anchorage. I am disappointed in personal goals, but overall goals far exceed whatever I do on the ice.

(157 words)

Task 3 -

Vladmir Petrov actually has a great charity that he is doing with all of his brothers this off-season, they just do not know about it yet. Vladmir and the rest of his family are flying back to Russia, where they were born, and opening up a new adopt-a-puppy foundation, as well as a Skate-with-a-Petrov foundation for kids with cancer. While we all know it isn’t much, it is still better then nothing, and the Petrovs love to help out others in need especially back in the homeland. While some of the brothers have defected to other countries for IIHF, it does not matter, because their original place of birth is what needs them the most, and that is where all the Petrovs are going to make sure that their people are taken care of. You have to help out the places that raised you, otherwise you will never be able to be thankful for where you came from.

(158 words)

Task 6 -

You could easily call this a homer pick, but hell, why the hell not. I believe that Norway will do a lot better then most people have them pegged for. Hell, I could even see Norway making it into the medal rounds. Now hear me out before you dismiss my thoughts. Besides the fact that we have great older players and veterans on the team, we also have some great standout young guns coming up, like two Petrovs with potentially uncapped builds. Outside of the actual players on the ice, I am pretty sure, don’t quote me on it though, that Norway probably has some of the most General Managers in the Locker Room, where as I think we have 6? General Managers in the SHL. If that does nothing else,  you would think that would at least help with some line set ups and the like, to hopefully get the best out of all of our players and surprise some teams this year.

(164 words)

Task 15 - Muford

Task 16 -

Of Course, Vladmir Petrov in his off-season would be super bored and create a OnlyFans Account while in the off-season before he gets back into training. Especially after winning the SMJHL Trophy with his Boats Boys. He would easily be seen on there, selling pictures of him fucking as many chicks as he could with the SMJHL Trophy always in the shot to show people that he is a true champion. Vladmir Petrov would fuck all the bitches ON the trophy as well, so people would know that no matter what, The Trophy is as important as fucking. Vladmir Petrov would probably not get a lot of followers, as you know he wouldn’t really know what to do beside fucking and showing off his giant sized trophy he got in the SMJHL finals this past off-season. God, Vladmir loves holding that big trophy in all of his pictures he would post to the OnlyFans.

(154 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

PBE +3

Code:

I think that this was a good year for Alex Petrenko. At this point, the main thing I hope for is consistent improvement and we saw that. Sure, he wasn't the shot blocking machine that he was last year, but that was primarily because he actually has a few teammates to help him out these days. He still got a nice share of defensive stats (his defensive grade of 86 was in the top tier of the league) and also improved on offense. Yes, this is another case where having better teammates helps, but he was definitely able to make his presence known, especially on the power play. This is an area where he shined in his SMJHL career and it's good to see him given the opportunity to flex his muscles in that regard. Alex is set to keep his steady improvement next season and with some great prospects getting called up, people are going to have to start paying attention to the Pride! (165 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

Charity work is very important to Alex. He's been very fortunate to be able to play hockey for a living and it gives him a platform to help people. Right now he sees a lot of people being negatively impacted by the pandemic, not just people directly impacted by Covid, but those who have lost their jobs and are having trouble making ends meet. He has trouble understanding why a government would let its people suffer economically from a disease they have no control over, but for now he does what he can. One charity he really likes is the Mission Food Hub, who is providing groceries to people who are having trouble paying for food and also provides free Covid testing so people have the information they need to be as safe as they can. He'd like to do more, though, so this is just a start. He has the means to help people and doesn't think he's doing enough so he'll definitely find more places in the community to help this offseason. (174 words)

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The finals went a bit as expected this year, with the teams with the best regular season records meeting in the finals, the Chicago Syndicate and the Hamilton Steelhawks. However, the Buffalo Stampede were only a game behind Hamilton in a very tough Eastern Conference and could have very easily held their own in the finals. Led by Bobby Sharp and Monkey D. Luffy, they had one of the more formidable offenses in the league and could hold their own on defense as well. It's a shame they had to run into the eventual champs before the final round. If they had Hamilton's draw I think they definitely would have been in the championship series. (115 words.)

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

If I'm doing this on the Thursday before it's due, am I *really* a procrastinator? Anyway, I have to give props to Gunnar Soderberg. The guy was a goal scoring machine throughout the playoffs and certainly did his part here, so he'd be my pick. However, Chicago is a very balanced team and got contributions from just about their entire roster. They were the best team in the regular season, the best team in the playoffs, and simply could not be stopped. Smeb and Connolly would be other potential MVP choices because while they didn't contribute quite as much on offense, they did bring more on the other end. Overall, it was a great run for Chicago and something the whole team should be proud of. (126 words.)

Code:

cheese

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 08:11 AM by Fantobens.)

1. (3tpe)

Surprisingly or should I say much to my surprise my season went pretty well. It feels easy when you’re the worst person on the team. Lower ice time more favorable matchups you can get shielded from the top players. I got three or four milestones I think it was three, Which is kind of absurd these days without silly milestones are and we weren’t Hamilton. I’m kind of along for the ride. All I have to do is be cool in the locker room and not be a dip shit on the ice. I also got to spend a portion of the season paired with Bjorn. Which is nice. Experience is nice unfortunately for whoever is paired with me we are the third pair. Though in Texas, no one seems to mind. It’s kind a like being related to a rich person that keeps giving you money. I’m not really doing much for it, but my team makes me feel like I am.

2. (2tpe)

This is something I am passionate about. Wish I could get sixteen tpe just for this.
Goalie: the Dan. This is based on two New York rangers legends. First Dan Blackburn. All rookie team goalie just a great goalie. Gets a hand injury at 21 and can never close his clove hand again. What’s his idea? Two blockers. Yikes. Itturned out how you would think and he had to retire at 22. He needed more tpe in double blocker.

The second goalie is Dan cloutier. He’s more well known for two reasons he had a decent career on I think four or five teams. Plus, he loved to fight. I still remember screaming at the tv when he was challenging the entire islanders bench to a fight after flooring Salo I think. But that’s the Dan. A fighting goalie with two blockers. @"Awesomecakes" needs a goalie type change.

4. (2tpe)

Fake hockey is fun
Spend our time earning task points
What a bunch of nerds

Renegades cup win
Not very likely these days
We are not great lakes

6. (3tpe)

Nothing changes much in IIHF from season to season so expect the regulars like Canada and the United States. One team that’s always in the medal hunt would be my team, team Sweden. Unfortunately I personally will not be participating in the tournament this season. When you are the odd man out you are the odd man out. Not many surprises here. The team is led by some well known players like Ola wagstrom, hippo passamus and Gunnar soderberg. Along with a bunch of young talent new faces and a lot fun. I wasn’t invited for any of that so let’s move on.

Speaking o not being invited Sweden also boasts a strong defense. So sorry ring I wouldn’t fit. It’s cool though. I’m cool... everything is cool.

And how could we not mention the goalie Jobin. What a transfer. Not often does a top tier goalie decide to move to your country and play hockey. Jobin did. Yay Jobin.

15. (3tpe)

Wooooo

16. (3tpe)

I’m firing from the hip here so I’m sorry if this gets dark. If we can’t get mad about the prompt, you can’t get mad about the answers. I would probably be like most only fans, I start by just using my fame as a hockey player to charge people a dollar a month to just chat. Maybe then I’ll start building lego with the money I’ve made.
But that won’t be enough. Not for me and not for the fans. I’d probably get catfished into showing my dick or something like that, what a rush. Now people want to pay me to build my lego naked. But that’s not enough. Now when I’m done building people are paying me to rub one out on it.

“Jerk off on the tie fighter...”

But that’s not enough.  The rush. WE need moar.

So it ends up somewhere around Joseph Fantobens claim to fame is being sued by lego for defamation or butt slander because I was blasting myself in the ass with a lego movie emmet dildo. That I made. And jerked off on. Online. For money. Love you @hotdog !!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

1. Seeing about nine more games this season then last. Tyler Ward continued to be a good back up and a good prospect. Recording 3 shut outs with a win lose record of 18-3-4. Tyler was a solid choice for QCC when Mat Smith needed rest or was called up by Chicago. Although some stats like his GGA had gotten a bit worse, which is expected with more games, Ward was still better then a lot of his competition. Allowing 66 goals while facing 689 stats. Ward isn't very displeased with his preformance on the year. Ward is trying to prepare for the departure of Mat Smith, that'll be happening soon. Where he will have to step up as the starter and hopefully lead his team to success. Disappointed by the unlucky finish by QCC this season after having a dominating regular season. Ward assumes that his team will still be mostly the same and be able to challenge for the cup again next year. 

13. WOOO CHICAGOOOOO! YOU BEAT HAMILTON! WOOOOOOOOOO! MAT SMITH DESERVES MVP CAUSE HE'S THE GREATEST! No but serious good job guys and congrats @Matteo on the cup. My actual MVP vote is for Tibuk Soonika. Goalies don't get enough credit a lot of the time. Soonika carried the team with 40 wins this season. Tying Star Buffalo goalie Elizabeth Doyle and beating out his finals opponent in A Jorbin by one. In fact his and Elizabeth's W/L statline is the exact same.Having a better GGA then the majority of those starting at least 30 games. Of course he wouldn't get there without the team. But he's still a very important member. More goalie awards, that's all I'm saying.

15. Orange

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Nat Emerson had a career season in season 57. I ended up with 40 points in 66 games nearly doubling my career high for a season. I was one of the best defenders in the league again when it came to shot blocks, takeaways, and ice time. I was the only defender to hit 40 points that was not on a playoff team. I could not have imagined having as good of a season as I did heading deeper and deeper into regression. I attribute my success to the growing team around. Baltimore has been in a rebuild for a bit and with an ultra young team it was a learning experience for everyone. Now that the youth is starting to find their game it opens up a whole lot more room on the score sheet. For next season I don’t know what I could do better next season. I’m probably going to focus on keeping my defense game as tight as possible and keeping my legs up the speed for the SHL. I don’t know if I’ll hit 40 points again but that’s ok with me. It’s time for the kids to shine.
(194)

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

My vote would be for the creation of the role of glue guy. This is the role that every team would want to have somewhere in their lineup. Most likely this would be a 3rd or 4th liner. All of the mental stats that we have blocked off would be of importance to the glue guy. The glue guy would give some sort of motivation perk to a team in the final minutes of a game that they are trailing in. Even without getting much ice time the glue guy would influence the entire team and keep the players in good spirits after a hard loss.
(106)

Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

In the offseason I like to give back as much as I can to the community. This offseason I started a program in Korea with the help of my lovely wife (international pop star IU) and son to grow the game there. There, of course, is already a very small national program but for the general public it is still far from popular. With donations from other Platoon members and Korean celebrities, we set up house leagues in cities throughout Korea and provided equipment for all the kids. I was able to get some of the guys to come over and run some clinics for the youngsters as well. Obviously we can’t stay in Korea as the IIHF rolls around and the SHL season starts up again. I left the coaching to the Korean national federation in charge of the leagues. My son is on the Korean under 18 team so I left him in charge of running the special clinics in my absence to grow his leadership skills for when he hopefully makes the jump to the SHL.
(179)

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

Awards for old Nat
Forty points and good defense
What more can he do?

BAP getting better
Just a few seasons to wait
Get the cup ready

Big draft coming up
Third and fourth overall picks
Who will come to BAP?

Mostly cool people here
It is a sim hockey league
Don’t be a dingus

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

To start with myself I would say that Emerson is the Chara of the SHL. He is the old man in the BAP locker room that is still very effective but in starting to show signs of slowing down. Even with the looming specter of old age around the corner he continues to be a monster defender in his own end and be a leader on a young team. That veteran presence is invaluable for setting the youth on the right path. Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette is the SHL’s version of Tiger Williams. He is well on his way to set the record for most PIMs in a career. He has already won a Turd Ferguson with a second coming this season I believe. LPLL is a throwback to the way hockey used to be played with bruisers flying around protecting their squad. BAP as a whole at the moment is probably comparable to Arizona if it wasn’t run like a dumpster fire. Both are very young teams that have had some struggles for the past few seasons. Unlike Arizona, BAP can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
(189)

coffee

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 07:01 AM by Cobbenstein.)

I feel that my rookie season in the SHL went pretty well given the role that I was expected to fulfill on Baltimore. Stepping into a fairly young team and being able to have a decent impact from day one is always good. While the impact was not immediately noticeable to the average bystander due to the relatively low point totals, I felt that being able to step into a consistent role on the penalty kill from day one was huge for Baltimore. Baltimore is a very penalty prone team and it led to a decent chunk of ice team down a man. With Patrick Shepherd being a defensive minded center, being trusted to play on the penalty kill was impactful. Points wise, I was happy with how it played out as well. My goal at the start of the season was to score at least one goal and finish with ten or more points. Patrick had three goals and eleven assists for a total of 14 points. 

This offseason, Patrick Shepherd returned to Portland Maine to spend some time relaxing and working with local charities he was already associated with from his time playing with the Timber. The main charity that he spends time working with is the Portland Timber Conservation Society. The group is mainly focused on the conservation of the beautiful forests in and around Maine. Planting trees, cleaning and repairing trails, and educating the youth of Maine about the importance of environmental health are the organization's main focuses. Over the course of the offseason, Patrick along with several of the current and former Timber helped to lead seminars and hikes in conjunction with the local schools and libraries. Giving back to nature has always been a major part of Patrick’s life and working with the Portland Timber Conservation Society is the perfect opportunity to not only give back, spend time in, and connect with the community in Portland. 

4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE

The SHL is
A Role Playing Hockey League
I Really Do Like it

Baltimore Platoon
They Will not Get Last This Year
They Are Very Good

Patrick Shepherd Is
A Defensive Center Man
He Cannot Score Goals

Hockey Is Fun Sport
Fly Down the Ice, Shoot the Puck
Miss The Net Badly

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

The Balitomore Platoon were the best team to not make the finals this year. Now this may seem weird due to Baltimore missing the playoffs entirely, but this roster has some serious potential. I feel like Baltimore could have won at least one game against any team in the playoffs if given enough chances and really is that not what a quality hockey team is? We may not have won a best of 1 or a best of 5 or a best of 7, but give 20 or 50 or even 100 games and may eventually win the series. A series of that length has never been played so in reality it would be nearly impossible to predict the overall winner. 

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I think at this season IIHF tournament we will see some very expected results and some very surprising results. The expected results will be that the USA, Sweden, Russia, and Canada will all be in the battle for the gold medal. The surprising result will be Ireland sneaking away with a Silver. This Irish roster is worlds better than most of the world will be expecting and they will surprise multiple teams on their way to a silver. Now if this team is so good, why didnt I predict them to win the gold? Well that has to do with the fact that objectively there are better teams in the tournament and I believe that the better teams with prevail overall. Which team will that be? I'm not sure. Sweden probably. Or maybe Canada. I don’t really know, but I know that this Irish roster is a force to be reckoned with and will turn some heads.

Tree

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Task 1

Personally I think the season I had was underwhelming. I know that might seem crazy to some, but there was high expectations going in to the season and I didn’t live up to it. After breaking records and taking home tons of hardware last season, I was the unanimous selection for a lot of awards, I was picked 1st in almost every Fantasy Group, and I didn’t deliver. A lot of people, including myself, were expecting me to have the same sort of season I did and possibly have the first 100 point season in SHL history.

I still had a pretty good season, averaging more than a point per game and eclipsing the 30 goal mark again. I’m not too sure what the drop in performance could be attributed to, but I think it probably has to do with luck. Last season was one of those seasons where everything seemed to have gone my way. I couldn’t miss, I was getting points every game. This season it seemed as though my production was down, but my defensive game was much stronger, which I can’t be disappointed in. I’m going to try to fight regression again and come back with a vengeance to bring home more hardware and help the Steelhawks bring home another cup.

Task 2

The Hybrid: This is someone who can play any position for his team. With the log jam there is in the league with goalies, the Hybrid is a player you can dress in any position for any game. If you need your backup goalie games, dress him as the goalie that game. If your starter is playing, put him out there with the other guys and lets see if he can contribute to a win! The hybrid is a player who can do it all. Maybe he’s not excellent in everything, but he’s the most serviceable and useful player to any team.

Task 3

I think this would be a perfect time to highlight Bell Let’s Talk Day and their initiative for mental health in Canada. As a team, the Steelhawks will be doing whatever it takes to help this great cause, by tweeting, watching videos, sending messages, anything that can help the cause and raise more money for something that is a serious issue, especially in today’s world. A lot of people have been locked up at home and have been forced to alter their lives which has significantly impacted mental health.

As a team, and obviously as a league, I think we can make a difference and have a significant amount of money raised by the Steelhawks alone. With the amount of chat in the discord, if that effort was diverted to Bell Let’s Talk for one day, we’d be able to raise millions. For anyone reading this, don’t forget to do your part!

Task 5

When looking at the SHL you obviously have to say Buffalo. The third team in the Great Lakes and also the 3rd team overall. It’s tough because only 2 teams make the finals and this season we happened to see Hamilton and Chicago. This division is incredibly tough and every team in the division expects to make the finals, but unfortunately that’s just not possible. Buffalo was a top team from top to bottom, they have great players on the roster and continue to be a contender. They didn’t let in very many goals this year and were top 5 in goals for this season.

I’ll give a slight HM to the Toronto North Stars for their unlucky fate as they are in the Great Lakes and didn’t make the playoffs simply due to playoff structure. Might not be finals related, but still something that would sting and was expected that they would make the playoffs.

Task 12

a. I think the series is definitely a toss up. Both rosters from top to bottom are loaded with talent, there isn’t too much TPE to separate these teams and the season series reflects that. As I’m writing this the series is over and there were 2 OT games which Chicago capitalized on.
b. I’ll have to be biased here and go with Hamilton. I think the offensive firepower of the team is just too much. In addition, Gabriel Johnson, while a defenseman, has some of the best offensive stats in the league, meaning no matter who gets the puck on the powerplay can make the other team pay for it and put the puck in the back of the net.
c. I’m going Hamilton here again. Not to say Chicago’s branding is bad, because I actually like it, but I just have a sentimental attachment to the Steelhawks from my early days in the league. I’ve been around the team a lot and I am incredibly attached to the brand and the colors.
d. 100% reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller. I know I wouldn’t want a lap dance from Hugh Jazz and I don’t know much about the Syndicate players, so I’m going with something fun. Not to mention you can keep mocking Dale about it (thankfully he’s a good sport about it).

Task 15

Verification

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 07:18 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 1: (3) Season 57 of the SHL saw my point totals increase from the season before, which I feel is impressive based on all the way things went for the Specters this year. Knowing my career is coming to a close has made the last few seasons mean just a little bit more to me. When I first started my career, I decided to make a bucket list of things I hoped to achieve before my career came to an end. I won a Fourstar Cup, won Gold with Team Canada, got to play alongside Joe Kurczewski before he retired, and got to play alongside my former Scarecrows linemate Nicholas Williams one more time before his retirement. It's pretty cool to know I did everything I wanted to do except for one last thing. I still have a chance to win a Challenge Cup but I only have one or two more chances.

Task 3: (3) While I do enjoy resting and relaxing during most of the Offseason, I have always take time to help different charities throughout my career. I have helped raise money for so many organizations, that I have lost count. This year I have teamed up with a group raising money for Spina bifida. This one was pretty important to me because my sister was born with this and never got the chance to walk. I am going extra hard with fundraising activities to raise even more for this charity. I have put together a huge fun fair full of rides, games, and entertainment to help raise money for this. Every person I have met with Spina bifida has been fun and amazing people. My sister passed away over 2 years ago, but her memory will live on with all the incredible people she touched, I miss her more than words could ever describe.

Task 5: (2) Only 2 teams can make the SHL Finals every season, leaving many great teams on the outside looking in. I have been tasked with choosing which of these teams was the best of the rest. After looking at all the data available, I have decided the best of the losing teams was the Buffalo Stampede. Led by their leading scorer Bobby Sharp and Goalie Elizabeth Doyle, this team had more than enough tools as well as all the skills necessary to compete with both Chicago and Hamilton in the finals. Their biggest downfall came down to mostly just bad puck luck and unlucky moments.

Task 6: (3) With the SHL Playoffs now complete, we look forward to the IIHF where each country battles it out for hockey supremacy. This tournament is a must watch for any die hard hockey fan, because every player is willing to do whatever it takes to bring honor and prestige to his country.. As in years past, I will give my choices for who I believe will walk away with medals. I am calling for Canada to win Gold once again, USA will take home Silver, and Great Britain walk away with the bronze. I feel like if wrong, it will still likely be those three teams achieving medals but of different degrees. Michael Scarn will lead the tournament in points like he did last year. I feel like Switzerland will be the surprise of this tournament, and because of my last 2 correctly chosen underdogs overachieving, this one will most likely be true.

Task 13: (2) Congratulations are in order for the Chicago Syndicate. I must admit I saw this going the other way, but it's pretty cool to see a young franchise win their first championship. Now is the time to discuss who I believe was the MVP of this seasons playoffs. This was much harder than in previous years with just how much talent Chicago possessed. I have decided to choose Tibuk Soonika as my MVP. With a post season record of 16 - 6 - 2, it was a great run by this netminder. I am excited to see what this player has in sstore in the upcoming seasons.

Task 15: (3) pizza

(Total: 16/16)

Code:

Anton Mihailov second season at Detroit was success. He help his team won the division and also work hard to get as much skill as possible. He summarized 50 points at 66 games and was 2nd best points at Detroit. He get a lot of playing time at first line and he also do a lot of points, so I think that he was huge help to Detroit. He also meet all of his invidual player goals. He still need to do a lot of training and hard work to earn first center role at future seasons. Anton was also his team alternative captain at this season and it was huge honor to him. Anton will definitely want to be his team captain at someday and at next season he have even more higher standards than now. Also next season will be important step to him, reach closer to SHL and Buffalo Stampede roster someday.

Code:

Anton Mihailov have big heart and he love a lot of different kind of animals. He loves all of Detroit players animals and many of these are originally get from shelter or that kind of sad situations. Anton would love to challenge every his teammates to donate money to helping homeless animals. They all deserve loving and caring home and a lot of great treats from their owners. They need warm home and a lot of scratches from owners. Detroit Falcons team will offer everyone participated people a post card, which is photo from every Detroit locker room animals, it includes Nash, Molly, Rilo, Ted, George, Scurvy, Jack, Baker and some others too. Very fun family picture! The post card isn't the only one. If the participant want, he or she will also get one player signature to his or her post card. Also he or she can take selfie with the player.

Code:

Definitely Quebec City Citadelles. Their Regular Season was huge dominance and I think that everyone us thought that they will take part of the Finals at least. It was huge suprise that they can't do that, after so crutal dominance. In my personal opinion it should be fun to see new extension team at Finals, so it's kind of pity that doesn't happen at this season. We will see at future, where Quebec City Citadelles will go at next seasons. Can they get their team at same shape soon again or will they slump down after so strong season? Well, only time will tell us.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. Congrats to Chigaco Syndicate, woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

This is easy to choose. The Most Valuable Player on my eyes reprecent the new champion, Chigaco Syndicates. His name is Nick Conolly. He won Playoff stats and he had the best plus minus. He also lead his team to Champion and it's definitely worth of MVP. It's interesting to see what he will do at next season, can he won the cup back-to-back? In my opinion that's very close to become true. Of course he need to continue his hard working play style, but I don't see a lot of problems to do that, as he is already a star player for sure.

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

To answer this is similar kind of as it was the charity one. Anton would definitely go all around USA and Canada to photograph all those amazing SHL player owned animals and make that to his OnlyFans account. It would includes a lot of super cute animal pictures and videos and it would be for sure the great success. All funds would go to the charity and all those animals will get a lot of great treats and a lot of scratches from me. All SHL Dogs and Cats will get a lot of positive comments and a lot of positive vibes. Also the fans would get a lot of cute content, including daily walking videos and playing videos with all those cute animals. Fans could also send treats to animals if it can make safe way, because you can't never know if some idiot post toxic or something like that, because they don't like animals.

Code:
Trivia

NashyGoodDog

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

To be quite honest I did not expect to be given as much ice time as I did, and that was a pleasant surprise for myself. I also put up 31 points on the season, which surpassed my expectation. At 750 TPE to start my first SHL season I had thought my season would be a complete tire fire mirroring that of my first season in the SMJHL where I only put up 8 points on the 4th line seeing minimal ice time. Honestly, I am thankful that management had this much faith in me, and I am looking to continue my upwards trajectory next season, and improve my point totals to somewhere around 40-60 points for the season. Additionally, my +/- was a sad -31 this past season so I hope I can bring that up closer to zero and maybe see it hit a positive number. Only time will tell but I know that I can reach the goals I have set for myself.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
SHL-NHL comparisons. With the NHL season kicking off again, what are some team or player comparisons between SHL and NHL? Pick one (or more) comparison(s) and explain why it works (e.g., Monkey D Luffy is the Connor McDavid of the SHL because xyz, or the Chicago Syndiacte are the Nashville Predators of the SHL because xyz, or nour is the Gary Bettman of the SHL because xyz).

Okay for this task I am choosing my current team the New England Wolfpack, and will be comparing them to the up and coming Vancouver Canucks. So you might not agree with me but that’s fine, I personally feel that NEW is currently in a re-tooling phase, still making the playoffs, and has some young highly touted talent coming up through the system, myself being one of those rookies. I honestly feel that the youth of this team combined with the skill, and vision for the future makes us similar to the Canucks, as in my opinion that is a team that is on the rise and could be scary in the next few years. I feel New England follows a similar path of developing young talent looking towards the future with some flashes of brilliance from the young guns and additionally both have a solid young goalie in between the pipes.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

A. Well the series is over however I honestly wanted to give the slight edge to Hamilton because of how their season went, and as we all know that is not even close to what happened as Chicago ended up winning that series. If I am to ignore that fact, yeah I chose Hamilton to win it all as I though they had a better chance and they were the reining champs.

B. Again as my first post states, I would choose Hamilton as they had some of the highest scoring players in the regular season. If there was one team I did not want to be short a man against it was Hamilton because of their talented offense. However on the PK I think I might give the slight edge to Chicago for no other reason besides I just think they would do better on the PK based on my intuition.

C. So lets narrow it down, colours wise I would choose Hamilton, Logo I would select Chicago, name I would select Chicago, Location would for sure be Chicago, and I don’t even like Chicago, cough cough blackhawks. Anyways overall I would say that I prefer the branding of the Chicago Syndicate, that and they hold a special place in my heart due to the fact that they were an expansion team from when I first joined the league in 2018, and its great to see both expansion teams get a cup.

D. If I had to choose one it would come down to the lap dance from hugh jazz or playing league with Parker Smeb since I do love me some league. But for CW purposes lets choose the lap dance from Hugh Jazz because if his name is true I am in for one hell of an adventure, cowabunga.

Apples

As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

If Gudmundur Kristjansson were to create an only fans account the premium content that would be available would be Kristjansson attempted to eat weird foods starting in Iceland with Hákarl, or fermented shark. He would do a whole tour of Iceland eating things that people would normally describe as foul, and attempt to keep it down. Kristjansson would then move onto Sheeps Head, Sour Ram Taesticles.

This would most likely be during the offseason however as NEW management would not want their player stuffing himself with strange foods from Iceland, and then making himself queasy afterwards, Kristjansson has a bit of a weak stomach, making it highly entertaining.

Additionally hidden away in the pages of premium content you will get wholesome videos and pictures of Kristjansson’s cat , Loki and dog Thor, this would be mostly in the offseason as well as he tends to leave his pets back in Iceland with his parents during the regular season.

+16 TPE

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

1. Written, 3 TPE (min 150 words)
This season was a good one for the Anchorage Armada, so it also was a good one for Michael Withecheck. I missed the first three games of the season due to getting playing time in the big league for Atlanta Inferno, and was sent down after those. It was a little rough playing up there with only 425 TPE, but I scored a goal somehow, which is very nice. Down in the J, goal scoring was a little hard this seasons. But therefore, I prepared a lot of goals, so the assists were numerous. Low giveaways, good amount of takeaways are also on my side. I had only a +/- score of +5, which is not that good. With almost 199 shots on goal and scoring only 5 goals, this results in a shooting percentage of 2.5% which is miserable. In the end, we made it to the playoffs (obviously lol), and the fight for the championship began. A tough fight against Quebec brought us to the finals, were we finally won the cup. Life’s good in Anchorage and for Michael Withecheck at the moment.

3. Written, 3 TPE (min 150 words)
Charity is a big part in the life of an athlete. As you may know or not, Withecheck came all the way from Austria to the SHL. His roots are there and that is something he is proud of. So in the offseason, Withecheck will travel back to Austria and take part in some charity events there. He has a big bond to the fire brigade, which he also is a volunteer member of. Hence, he loves to do charity for them. As is tradition in his home country, the Maibaum aufstellen (in English erect a maypole) is a big event in every town and village. In the village he is from, it is the task of the fire brigade to erect the maypole every year.
The small task is to erect the maypole, the bigger part are the festivities afterwards. A lot of beer is needed to celebrate another maypole season. With spending some money for beer with big tips, donating a barrell of beer and by just showing up and make publicity for the fire brigade, Withecheck does his duty to help the fire brigade earn the money they need to buy a new fire truck, which is already needed. That and more is he doing to support his home village and their fire department.

5. Written, 2 TPE (min 100 words)
In SHL, the best two teams made the finals. In SMJHL the real final already was the semi finals of the Quebec City Citadelles vs Anchorage Armada. Quebec City was the team of the regular season and probably one of the best teams in SMJHL history. The roster is loaded with maxed players and that’s how they played.  They were a force throughout the season. Anchorage wasn’t able to hurt them in the regular season matches, and they were on top of the league by far after 66 games. In playoffs, the best two teams of the league met again already in the semi finals, FHM is really weird in that. But well, what we saw was one of the tightest series of all time. Quebec City was up 3-2 and could win, but Anchorage didn’t let go. Up 2-0 and only 6 minutes to go, Anchorage equalized the score and in overtime the series. That was the backbreaker for Quebec, they lost and their season was over.

12. Written, 2TPE (50+ words each)
a. I think there is no real favorite in the series. Hamilton has the slightly better regular season than Chicago. Chicago did a really good job in building up a force to challenge Hamilton. I’m too new in the league to tell you the process of how these two teams got to where they are now, but Chicago seems to have closed the gap to Hamilton by now. The series will be a close one, and it could fall to either side.
c. Comparing the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Chicago Syndicate logo is a tough thing to do. They go into the same tier for me. By only looking at the logos, Chicago gets the edge, it’s more unique than just another bird for the Steelhawks. The name of the teams goes to the Steelhawks though, as Steelhawks sounds pretty damn nice and strong. Syndicate is an interesting choice and pairs well with the logo.

15. CW Trivia, 3 TPE
Verification: Verified

16. Written, 3 TPE (min 150 words)
I am pretty sure I am quite alone in not knowing about OnlyFans and what content it provides, but I need to write about it to get my TPE this season. As it is not only about sex stuff (thank god), I present you a hobby Michael Withecheck would present that has already been mentioned several times – fire sports.
In a point task a season or two ago, I already talked about fire sports, and exactly that is something he would stream on OnlyFans. Trainings and competitions – if he has time to participate – will be streamed and shared with his fans. Trainings of fire sports is extremely interesting to the ones who know what it is about, as you can see the techniques used. For those who don’t know, which will be most of the fans I guess, it is still some action they get to see. Agility, Quickness and technique are the most important aspects of that sports, and if something goes wrong, you don’t want to get the clutch of a suction hose into your face or any other part of your body. It’s a sport you don’t wanna miss out on once you got into it.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2021, 05:36 PM by roastpuff.)

Code:

Being suddenly promoted to the first pairing due to the unexpected departures of Winnipeg's two best offensive defensemen, I was not sure if I would be ready for the extra ice time and responsibility that would come with this deployment of me. I was worried to start the season that I might not be up for the job, but finishing the S57 season with a trip to the conference finals was a great and welcome surprise. Managing to lead the defender side of the team with 33 points was a nice bonus as well. I think that I surpassed my goal to survive the season, and exceeded it in that I was decent all around. Next year, I'm going to aim to be more consistent, and to provide more offense on the top pair for the Auroras. If we can build off the finish that we had, and get back into the conference finals (and beyond!) I am going to be even happier.

Code:

Magnus has always had a soft spot for food banks and soup kitchens. He feels like no one should be going hungry - ever. Whatever season, whatever reason, food security is something that is big in his mind. Therefore he will be partnering with local food banks and soup kitchens to raise awareness and to raise funds for these organizations. Not only that, he also volunteers his time in the back to help the food banks and soup kitchens sort, cook and serve the food. This is not to raise his profile or to appear in pictures, but to give back to the community. Cooking is also something that is ingrained in him from his parents, and if he can use that skill that he has off the ice to help people, he will not hesitate to do so. If enough players are around in the summer when he is back in O-vik, his hometown, Magnus would also like to see if he could organize a charity game of some sort to raise funds there for the local food banks. As good as the welfare system in Sweden is, people still fall through the cracks.

Code:
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?

To me, the series between the Hamilton Steelhawks and Chicago Syndicate are a true toss-up. The two teams are almost mirror images of each other, with Hamilton having a slightly stronger forward core, and Chicago having the better defensive blue line player. Both have physical, hard hitting styles, and both teams have a relentless, pressuring attack that batters the other team.

Code:
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?

I think that Chicago has the advantage on the power play. Jobin is more vulnerable than Tibuk Soonika, given that teams can get shots through to him, simply due to a lack of TPE. On the powerplay, the ferocious forecheck that is Hamilton's signature style can be stifled a bit, and teams can direct more shots at Jobin with a higher chance of leaks getting through.

Code:
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

I think the Syndicate has better branding than the Steelhawks, because there's a lot of other teams out there with blue, and the logo is mildly generic. The lack of an identifiable goal song also doesn't help the Steelhawks. Chicago's Frank Sinatra goal song might be old-fashioned but it does have something special to it!

Code:
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

I would rather play League with Parker Smeb, and hope that he can carry my wood-tier self to victory. I'm not a great League player as I am still learning, but I can hold my own hopefully, and not embarass myself. I guess it also depends on the rest of our team mates in the game, but it's fun. I do wish it was shorter more like Heroes of the Storm, as sometimes I find it too long.

Code:

macrame

Code:

I am not sure that anyone would like to see Magnus Liljestrom (who uses Olli Maatta's derpy face as a render) on OnlyFans, but considering the stuff that people post on there, maybe Magnus could put in bread pictures? Him slapping and kneading dough with those strong hockey player fingers, blowing flour everywhere, smoothing and shaping loafs of bread before putting them in a smoking hot oven in order to get them to rise and harden into a long, smooth loaf. Or him stirring a pot of soup while wearing an apron, and not much else? Tasting the delicious broth, slurping it up in order to get to the tastiest part and making sure it's spicy enough for you. Maybe Magnus could also take out a roast from the oven, cutting it open and spreading it to give a cross-section of the pink, juicy, perfectly done inside. Oh god this feels wrong. So wrong.

+16 TPE

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 12:29 AM by damienj10.)

Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

I would have to say vertigo was a giant meh all season he literally went even in wins and losses his GAA was 2.5 and about a 910 save percentage in the net 4 shut outs were not bad but literally the playoffs came around and vertigo was getting clapped hard no joke. Lost in the first round in 7 games which was ass but at the end of the day it was a good effort. Next season I’ll be officially taking the pine as the starter and hopefully gain some heat along the way and go for the cup next season I think the Kelowna knights will attempt to go for the cup as we traded away some draft picks for top tier players and at the end of the day we are honestly going for it as much as humanly possible. Hopefully next season is better but this season was alright. I’m counting on a clapper next season. Go knights go!

163 words

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I expect the split of Canada and USA make everything and anything up in the air anyone can win. I think the split teams can either do really well or very meh. Im thinking more on the downward spiral as the split makes sure there is no more super teams in the iihf. My team Canada red hopefully kicks some butt in the round robin and takes home a medal. I know last year I ended up back stopping team Canada to a gold medal in overtime it was quite the game very exciting. Hopefully that will happen this season. Either way I expect my player to perform well. I mean if he shits the bed oh well lol. But last season I was ballin my guy. In conclusion the split will make the American teams and the Canadian teams go down the pooper or they will do alright. LETS GO TEAM CANADA RED. Wow that’s sounds weird lol

160 words