Create Account

S57 Championship Week

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

I believe this was my best season in my career. The coach gave me a lot of opportunities this season and I showed everyone I can be a top defensemen in the SHL. I played 24 minutes per game because I was needed the most. Defensively I was one of the best for sure. I was third in shots blocked with 257. I never had over 100 shots blocked so I’m happy with the improvement and I hope I get better next year. I had 51 takeaways this year which is top five in the league and career high. I had 99 hits this season. I think I could be more aggressive but It is still an improvement compared to last year so I’m not mad about it. Offensively I’m quite disappointed with myself. I only scored 16 points in 66 games which is not good enough. I want to help the team to score more goals but I made too many mistakes with 62 giveaways which is a career high.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

Satoshi Zizagooney will aid people from Seattle to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Many people have lost their jobs and it is difficult to afford or buy food especially with social distancing, they are stuck at home. Satoshi will be donating a large amount of money to the food bank so that everyone can stay healthy and not be hungry. He will be helping with delivery too and at each house he visits, he will be signing autographs and will give a hockey stick to the family. Satoshi will also be able to pay for many trucks so they can deliver as many foods as possible to the people soon and he will make sure no one will be missed. The people of Seattle gave so much support to the team and to Satoshi and he wants to pay them back because they deserve all the help they can get. Obviously he can’t do everything by himself so newly acquired rookie Daryl Urquhart, Brian Davenport and Kermit Murphy will be joining him!

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I think team Canada will win the gold medal this year. They won the gold medal last year because they were the best and I still think they are because they haven’t changed much. Great Britain will be the runner ups. They are the best defensive team. Luca Del Vecchio has been their mvp for the past years and their depth on defense is insane. The Bronze medal will go to team Japan. Their offense is one of the best in the tournament but their goaltender is the weakness to the team. Olli Saarinen Jr. will have to do their best if they want to have a chance to win the tournament. Team Czechia is another contender for a medal. The current mvp, Michael Scarn, can carry the team to a gold medal. I think Team Sweden might fail to be in the Medal round because Ola Wagstrom hasn’t performed well this season.

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?

I see it as a true toss up because they went even during the regular season. They were the top two teams in the regular season and both deserve to win the Challenge Cup. They don’t have any weakness and we can say that both teams have the perfect roster.

Both teams have the best special team but I will choose Hamilton because they have the MVP on their team. Micheal Scarn had 11 goals and 25 points this season and the players around him are also great. I also think Jobin is a better goalie than Soonika so Hamilton will have a better chance to score in power play.

I prefer the Chicago Syndicate branding over the Hamilton Steelhawks one because it is original. There’s too many bird team logos in this league and the Steelhawks aren’t the best bird logo in my opinion. The blue plus white gray colour is the same as Toronto or Quebec. The Syndicate logo is well designed and there’s no logo like them. I also like the yellow and black colour together. I don’t think there’s any other team using the yellow colour.

I would like to play League with the best player in the world Parker Smeb. He’s the only person who can be good both at video games and sports. Parker Smeb has won a League title before being drafted to the SHL and I would like him to train me at the game because I want to join the esports after I retire from hockey.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

bob

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
So my prediction is one of Czechia finally wins gold for the first time in their history of being an IIHF team. They grinded, got the players and been to many tournys where they got close. Got silver, bronze, and bronze again in the past 10 seasons. It is their time to take advantage of having such a stacked roster and get gold. In other teams, you got great teams like the United States and Canada where they are always great becuase htye are the main teams that get players. One underrated team could be Sweeden, and also of course FInland does not exist at all. Latvia will probably do bad again, I dont know what Russia is up to these days. Austria I think is like Latvia and be bad. Switzerland I hear is doing some good work there, Japan will be Chicago 2.0 of course and be good. Other than that idk what you got, Ireland could be something , same with Britian.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S56 season (on or off the ice)
- S57 playoff round-up
- S57 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S58 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7fzpWEJ...4XqWEpylGw

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The season series between these two teams was tied 3-3. Do you think either team has an advantage in this series or do you see it as a true toss up?
b. Each of these teams boasts a very strong first powerplay unit - which team has the special teams advantage in this series?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, have a staring contest with Luke Atmey (velv's old player), reach for objects on high shelves with Dale Miller, or play League with Parker Smeb?
a. I think Hamilton has the edge only because of the veteran experience. Sure in Chicago you got guys that went to the 2nd or 3rd round, but they also lost to Manhattan in 7 a couple seasons back, and choked some. But Hamilton has been to a lot of high pressure situations and suceeded.
b. I think Chicago has the slight advantage because their defenseman are some of the best in the league, and if they can utilize them more, move the puck around and really make Jobin move laterally and get him beat with a sick one timer or something. Take advantage of that and suceed.
c. I like the Hamilton Steelhawks logo better. For me I like more simplistic minimalistic logos and hamilton steelhawks are one of the bests at that. With Chicago its better than their original logo and it has gotten cleaner, but Hamilton is just something about the colors that make it what it is.
d. I would rathher reach for objects on high shevles with Dale miller because it can be a date of some type. I come over and I help him clean his little house, put things high up where he cant reach. Then we all log on and play league with Parker smeb, rage and have a good time.

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Oh wow congrats on Chicago Syndicate to win the cup. Now you are the 3rd team in that division to win it in the past 4 seasons. You also are the 2nd of the expansion teams(NOLA and CHI) to win in the past couple of seasons. You also won before San Francisco won, and they were created 20 seasons after you were a thing. Going back to S46 you took the slow build approach to New Orleans getting everyone at once type of deal and in the end if benefited both of you guys. In the end you guys are a good expansion team that did well in the end.

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Noot

[/quote]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 08:13 PM by Sean.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

I was very happy with Tony Pepperoni's season this year. Last season he had 50 points in 50 games which was a bit of a drop off for Tony, Going up a tier in regression made me think he was probably going to drop in production even more. Tony ended up putting up a very successful 78 points in 66 games. My big goal was to score 71 points in 66 games which would end up giving me 666 points in 666 games over my entire career. Finishing a season at one point in my career at over a point per game was something I was really hoping to do because so few have managed to be over a point per game in their career in the SHL. Next season, I hope to be able to keep myself over a point per game in my career which would mean scoring 59 points in 66 games. I know if I put Pepperoni in the right situation, he should be able to score a lot of points this season. Hopefully we can increase my points per game.

[185 words, +3]

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.
Don't forget budget
Edmonton did this season
twelve point five million

Who will win the cup?
A team from this division
Great Lakes Division

My player name is
Way too long for this haiku
Tony Pepperon

SHL haiku?
More like SHL is poo
Haha, I got you

[4 haikus, +2, +5 total]

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

As much as I want to say the Blizzard were the best team not to make the finals (and look at their corsi numbers in the playoffs, they were really good) I can't give it to a team that got reversed swept (RIP me). I think we all know and especially ML knows that this league is run by the big 3 in the great lakes divison. Whichever of those 3 does not make the finals, is usually the best team that did not the finals. So for this one I'm saying it was the Buffalo Stampede. They finished the season with 103 points despite playing in the toughest division and took the challenge cup champion to game 7. I'd be stupid to not think its them.

[104 words, +2, +7 total]

Code:

c. I'd have to go with Chicago's branding. Their colours are much better than the Steelhawks which I think plays a huge part in branding. The steelhawks also feel like a name you'd give to a junior team, I know there is a big steel industry in Hamilton, but the name is pretty lame. What is a Steelhawk?

[57 words, +1, +8 total]

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

It's hard to give the award to anyone but Nick Connolly. Connolly had a great finals scoring many big goals in big games. He also led the playoffs in points with 23 in 24 games. Every single point was an even strength point which is huge in the playoffs. He threw almost 2 hits per game and blocked over a shot per game. He also only took 2 PIMs which is extremely important keeping his team at even strength and had a +14 +/- while most others on the team had a much lower +/-. Connolly drove play as he had the 2nd best corsi for on the team. Overall, he was the best player in the series.

[116 words, +2, +10 total]

Code:

Pepperoni

[+3, +13 total]

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

Pepperoni is going to grab one of the ref cams that the refs use and mic himself up. He's going to stream a live feed of himself half clapping bombs from the dashes and throwing pizzas up the middle that occasionally turn into apples. Onlyfans will be able to hear and see everything that Pepperoni sees and hear all the sick chirps he throws at opponents, opposing fans, refs and occasionally teammates. In addition to their time on the ice, Pepperoni will take his fans off the ice into the locker room. You'll get the hear the coach curse at him but have to hold back because he's just so damn good. Hear all the locker room chatter as Tony tries to undermine the captain (because how the hell isn't Tony Pepperoni the captain of Edmonton). Finally, Tony will stream himself eating at Tony Pepperoni's Pizza Palace every night, his new hip pizza place/night club. Onlyfans will get a discount at the door.

[164 words, +3, +16 total]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 08:25 PM by UberBJ.)

Code:

Bigga Foryu’s sophomore season was the stuff of legends. Let us all remember that there are both good and bad legends out there, and Foryu is a true dichotomy of both. He is Schrodinger's Goalie, both alive and dead, great and shit, present and missing. Overall his stat lines were vastly increased in every category due to the Timber’s monstrous offseason program, where he learned to actually play between the pipes and not just be a large man with a scary face (more on his face shortly). He posted a top 3 SV% in just his 2nd year, 1st starting season. He became a purveyor of the vaunted FACE-STOPs, using his massive jawline to deflect shots, especially in shootouts for the crazy Mainers. Overall, I think every follower of Foryu was excited to see him progress into this season greatly, even if he had some absolute howlers where he got pulled. Hopefully he continues to hone his craft for the rest of his SMJHL career. (165 Words) 

Code:
Over the offseason your player is getting involved in some charitable causes. What is your player/team doing around the community/for charity this offseason?

The Maine Timber do many charity events, both off season and in season. However this year, Bigga Foryu is trying to do something special for a cause near and dear to his heart. He’s headed out into Augusta Maine to help the children find homes at the orphanage. Bigga grew up in an orphanage until age 12, when he found his forever home with his now parents. What he remembers is that the food at those places was just dreadful, and would never allow a future sumo to achieve their dream and cultivate mass. So what Bigga is doing is donating $800,000 of high fat content foods to the various orphanages in the area and speaking publicly on the importance of finding big gainz to assert dominance. The end goal is to give the orphans such bulk that no family wouldn’t want to take them in and witness their greatness day in and day out. Bigga Foryus Massive Orphans charity is sure to be a smashing success. (167 words) 

Code:
4. Written, 1 or 2 TPE
HAIKUS - write 2 SHL themed haikus for 1 TPE or 4 SHL themed haikus for 2 TPE.

Foryu Tendies. 
Icy break of day 
A massive Foryu tending 
Because of the saves.

Puddles O’Duck Haiku. 
Bright january 
A mischievous, quick duck skates 
whilst watching the goal 

Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Maine Timber – Maine was quite the thriller this year with many OT wins and shootout victories, in no small part to their large veteran component. They absolutely should've gone to the finals, but somehow choked in the opening rounds against all odds. They boasted an absurdly good rookie lineup that arguably overachieved and allowed the rest of the team to flourish. They had a top 4 Goalie as well. But anything can happen on the ice, as we all saw in their early exit.....they looked a different team from the regular season. I don’t know how you can argue against the 2nd or 3rd best team not going to the finals as a normal thing. Sadness. (116 Words) 

Code:

Verification Word: Foryu

Code:
As my last PT prompt ever I am happy to claim creative license here and do this prompt that no one is allowed to get mad at me because it's my last PT prompt ever.
Many athletes have created OnlyFans accounts recently, including Bec Rawlings, Plaxico Burress, and Adi Spiegelman - if your SHL player created an account what premium content are fans around the world subscribing to see? It doesn't have to be sex stuff but it doesn't not have to be :o Would your player be successful on this platform? No graphic option for this one! Goodbye!

I can’t believe you’ve opened yourself up to me writing erotic fanfic about my 650 lb mountain of a goalie. Well here it goes, you lucky bastards. If you’ve seen Fat Bastard from Austin Powers, then you have a pretty good starting image for what my premium subs would be allowed to witness. We’re not just talking the normal groin related shenanigans, we’re talking full on oil lathering up my silky man flesh. What kind of oil you ask? Fried chicken residue, as is befitting of the KFC buckets that create the lampshades and mattress support system. BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE! Is frier oil basted man teets being rubbed not enough for you? Then for only 15$ more a month, you can get the ultra secret premium content....I wont get into public detail on what that is, but lets just say it involved wire action acrobatics and 3 mules. Obviously all of this is age gated to 21 and up, NC-17 doesn’t even begin to cover the debauchery that exists behind the Foryu OF Paywall. So come on in and let us show you a whole new world. (188 Words) 

Total: 14 TPE (Possible 16 depending on Trivia)

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Code:

Vincent Mietitore is quite the gamer. While most of his time is spent on the ice, off the ice in his down time you can usually find Vincent in front of a computer! What is awesome is that while he can have some fun playing games, he also is known for participating in Extra Life! Extra Life is where you can collect donations to local children’s hospitals while playing games. This year Vincent did a 24 hour stream on Twitch collecting donations while offering up some incentives for donating. Vincent was able to meet all of his goals during the stream as well! For collecting $500 Vincent had to shave off the hair on his head live on stream. Towards the end of the stream some of Vincent’s close friends came together for a final push to reach the $750 and $1000 goals with only a half hour to go. What were those two goals? The $750 goal was shaving off his facial hair, and the $1000 goal was to shave off his eyebrows. Vincent has said that if you plan on shaving off your eyebrows make sure to lotion them up as it’s gonna be itchy!

(197 words)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: isTpZzw.png]

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: xE8B6JD.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: 2XtQWaI.png]

Code:

C. I honestly prefer the branding of the Chicago Syndicate. As somebody that has lived and grew up in the US, I’ve always loved the stories and time period of the 1920’s-30’s prohibition era. I feel like the logo is a perfect visual of a gangster from that time and I always think about people like Al Capone or John Dillinger whenever I see it.

(64 words)

Code:

Reap

16/16 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

1. This season, Ambacas had a decent year for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The Barracuda leaned on Cuddles, the second year defenseman from the Carolina Kraken, resulting in Cuddles logging the most ice time out of any player in the league, breaking 27 minutes average time on ice. Ambacas Cuddles welcomed the role and performed admirably, scoring 7 goals and 18 assists for a total of 25 points. He also amassed 75 hits and 215 shot blocks, making him a better goalie than Aleister Cain @SlashACM. I think we can attribute Ambacas’ success last season to his teammates developing around him. With such a young team, the Barracuda will get better each season, making everyone improve each season. Going into next season, I’d like to work on being more reliable on the puck. If Ambacas is going to be the number one defenseman for the Barracuda, he will need to make better decisions with the puck, meaning that he will have to work on his vision and puck handling a lot this offseason. Getting better and that area could vastly improve the team’s offensive output.

2. An idea for a new player type in our league could be an Ovechkin type sniper. Usually, snipers are smaller, more nimble moves that are focused on shooting and speed. Not that Ovi can not skate well, but he is far bigger than your prototypical sniper. An Ovi build could be an amazing goalscorer but also a menacing physical presence out there on the ice. Not only would this player thrive at the faceoff dot, loading up one timers, they could also make a living in front of the net, using their size to score some dirty goals. Their important attributes would have to be Shooting Accuracy, Hitting, Strength, Offensive Read, Getting Open, and Balance. I think that every team out there could benefit from having a big, sturdy, goal scorer on their team that can give their opponents nightmares. After writing this though I figure this is kinda like Garbage Collector. Oh well.

3.This offseason, Ambacas Cuddles used some of his time doing some charitable work in the great city of Tampa Bay. Ambacas Cuddles decided to volunteer in local elementary schools along with Michael Fitted @Fitted2106 and Tom Fiddler @PremierBromanov , where they raised awareness about the United States school system spreading capitalist propaganda to all its students. They taught the kids the absolute terror and destruction that the American capitalist agenda has brought upon the world. The trio have planned to use their platform to speak out against the system and it is a hot topic in the locker room, so this was the logical next step. In the future, Cuddles, Fitted, and Fiddler plan to found their own Leftist Party and hopefully have a presidential candidate, with the4ir base being young, educated voters who actually understand how shit works and dont suck the dick of billionaires like most Americans. The work of these Cuda players will hopefully bring about worldwide prosperity and peace.

Tampa Bay Cudas
The best team in Atlantic
Wolfpack can eat shit

Ambacas Cuddles
Super tall and very fat
Collecting shot blocks

Fitted equals GOAT
J Commish Award Winner
Makes the league his bitch

Hamilton Steelhawks
Very pog, likes cum a lot
@Gooney cumshot boss

5. The best SHL team to not make the finals this season is of course the Tampa Bay Barracuda. The Barracuda are coming into next season with a fully active lineup with no regressing players, while still having one of the best prospect pools in the league and having a boatload of picks to boot. If everything pans out right, the Barracuda are in the position to dominate the S60’s and beyond. Led by new captain Tom Fiddler and alternates Michael Fitted and Zoltan Topalo, the Barracuda will take over the league and show them that it is indeed cuda time. CHOMP CHOMP!!

15. Submitted, poop

3+3+3+2+2+3=16

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 11:52 PM by Slappydoodle.)

Otis B Driftwood has been playing hockey for a long time, a very long time. He has gone from prospect to promising rookie to superstar to, now, a long slow slide back down the ladder towards eventual irrelevancy and retirement. At this point in that slide he resides on the level marked veteran defensive presence. In an effort to extend his career and still add value to the squad overall Otis has been focusing solely on keeping his defensive skills sharp with a little time spent on maintaining passing skills and puck handling.

This becomes clear when one looks at Driftwood’s stats from this past season. The offensive numbers won’t impress anyone. The defensive metrics on the other hand are excellent. He wants to keep that puck moving on offense and get it on the sticks of the guys that can produce the most with it. On defense, he tries to read and diagnose the other team’s intentions, get in the right position to disrupt their flow and use his physicality to spread some fear.

It was the beloved poet laureate Maya Angelou who said when we give cheerfully and accept gracefully, everyone is blessed. Otis B Driftwood is not one to argue with brilliance. Therefore he has attempted to give cheerfully to those who would accept gratefully throughout his career. He does this in a variety of ways. He has given time and money to a number of soup kitchens in the Calgary area. He makes charitable appearances for groups such as the Boys & Girls Club and Make a Wish.

The charities that are nearest and dearest to Otis’ heart though are women’s shelters. These shelters are often unwanted in a given neighborhood and have a tough time finding and maintaining residences. Otis gives a good deal of money in order to cut through red tape and get shelters approved and renovated. When scumbag battering ex husbands and or boyfriends find out where their former partners are staying and show up looking to make trouble, Otis will rush on over and teach these abusive douchebags a few lessons in respect. Otis will hang around the common areas and play with the kids, so in need of a strong male role model. Finally, Otis understands these women need a chance to feel like beautiful, desirable goddesses again. They need to be worshipped, loved and allowed to safely explore their own needs and desires without fear of violence or abuse. Big ole cuddly teddy bear Otis is always on hand to show these ladies they can grab pleasure with both hands and ride it like a bucking bronco all night long.

Otis B Driftwood
Has a long, girthy phallus
You may touch it now

Calgary Dragons
Eating lots of chicken parms
Soon, heartburn is felt

Darth Esa Soze’
Mighty Sith Lord of hockey
Bad poker player

Nikolai Evans
Spoiled Tsarevich, what a bum
Affluenza strikes

@ztevans
@Steelhead77

The Calgary Dragons are always the best team not to make it to the finals any year they are unfortunate enough not to make it. This is an obvious answer as the Calgary Dragons are the best team that has ever taken the ice in the SHL. Led by the greatest GM in league history, Esa Anrikkanen and greatest Co GM and team leader in league history, Mike Izzy, the Dragons know no equal. They make the playoffs basically every year. They’ve won more cups than anyone else. They’ve made more finals than anyone else. It’s just pretty obvious given even a cursory examination. No other team in the SHL can Ho,d a candle to the Calgary Dragons.

This year’s IIHF tournament should be a highly competitive affair. There are quite a few teams that feel they have a legitimate shot at international glory. Of course, ultimately there can only be one team taking home the gold. And nothing goes better with gold than Red, White and Blue. Team USA is going to rise up and lay the smack down on the rest of the world. We are going to give this deeply divided nation something we can all universally be proud of. America will rise as one to cheer and support the brave lads sacrificing their blood sweat and tears out there on the ice. Old man Otis B. Driftwood has made a lot of money, won cups and medals galore during his long and illustrious career. At this point he plays for fun, for his teammates and as exercise for his fat ass. And for Otis nothing is more fun than beating up some Euro trash schmuck that thinks he’s slick. Driftwood is going to the IIHF tournament to bring home the gold and knock some poor fools teeth down their throats.

15. Anal moisture

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Yngve Simonsson had a wonderful send off season in Detroit this most recent year, putting up the 4th most goals in the league, and a great amount of points. Simonsson was able to lift the Detroit Falcons away from their predicted bottom of the table finish, to finish up and get a bye into the next round. At the 1/3 portion of the season, Simonsson possessed 30% of all Detroit goals on the year, and at the end still held a sizable portion, despite linemates such as Mihalov and James catching up to him on the scoresheet. Regardless, Simonsson bids farewall to the J, having put up a great farewell season, and one that San Francisco was impressed with enough to call him up. Next season Simonsson is hoping to translate that SMJHL success to the big league and take the league by storm as a rookie. Maybe his sniping ways will translate

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

The new archtype within FHM is one for the ages, and coaches around the league rejoice. After the league so unfairly banned the use of the enforcer or the agitator from use across the lineup, FHM wasn't afraid to step up against Tyranny. They developed a new role called the super enforcer. The most important attritbutes are fighting, checking, and strength. With Strength being the main atty. These players will put up 200 points a season because the opposing team is so afraid of them that they will scatter to the corners of the globe when they come on the ice

Simonsson is from Sweden. In case you were not aware. And being from Sweden, he has a tendency to make some real Swedish dishes. His favourite food is Swedish Meatballs and he makes them with love and care. First thing he does when preparing his meatballs, which he notes his balls are world-famous, is he goes to IKEA. He then cooks the meatballs. Over the offseason, Simonsson volunteers in his local soup kitchen, serving food to the less fortunate. he makes his famous meatballs, and people line up down the block for this meal at the local kitchen. Simonsson says it gives him a lot of joy to see people excited to engage in Swedish culture and says he knows that people in North America have not experienced Swedish Meatballs before as it is a delicacy that obviously had not made it over here. Simonsson hopes that when he moves to San Francisco that he will still be able to serve his famous balls to gentlemen in the community

It's obviously Texas. They have such a phenomenal roster, built up by RCD and Puoli. It has been an impressive rise by the both of them to making this team competitive again. The team is easily the most stacked in the West, and just needs a bit of a slide from Buffalo, Chicago, and Hamilton in terms of form to truly take their mantle as the cream of the crop in the league. It has been a pleasure watching these two GM Texas (a team I hold dear to my heart) to the success they are beginning to have, and they are easily the best team not to make the finals this year

bloops

Chicago is actually the better team all-around this year, and I don't think it is really a toss up. Hamilton is a great team, built really well, but they are so top heavy and their goalie can be exploited. On the other hand, Chicago is so tough all the way down the lineup. You have to play their third line and pairing as hard as their first

Hamilton does, as Hamilton has such a top heavy team. Smeb is hard to beat at the top end, but having Scarn just puts Hamlton over the edge. Their PP is tough to contain, as they have talent on the blueline and down low in the bumper position with players such as Clapper

Obviously, being the creator of the Portland Admirals, my answer is gonna be Chicago. I love black and yellow as a combo (even tho i hate the Bruins) and it will always look sleek and good. I think Chicago could have more contrast in their logo (too much grey) and jerseys, but they are good for sure.

reach for objects on high shelves with Millsy. It would be so cute with me picking him up by his tiny little waist to lift him to grab the high things :3 he would be like a cute little baby as I lift him to see what is up there and he realizes I ate the last of the chips and he can't have any

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 09:44 PM by Patty.)

Patric Twist had a career best season so far in the SHL. He got above 30 points for the first time in his young career.  Largely due to his ability to just let the puck bounce off of him.  Tip goals, assists that bounce off his butt, shot blocks cause he can't get out of the way.  Patric's style of moving as little has possible has the experts stunned and baffled.  His team the Inferno had a respectable playoff showing losing to a team that wound up in the Cup final.  Respectable but not quite what the team had in mind.  One thing Twist will want to improve on for next season is getting some more points on the power play.  Even going into Juniors Twist has not been a very impressive player on the PP but next season could be the one to change that.  He'll work on his passing the offseason and hope giving the puck to EVO is a recipe for success.

Patric Twist got involved in a project/ cause while he was in Juniors. That cause is called Challenger Baseball. This is a organization that runs a baseball league for the mentally and/or physically disabled. So obviously since the players need assistance to play there a tons of volunteer opportunities. It's great for the players as a lot of these ailments require a lot of doctors visits and rehab time. Or a lot of medications that can mess you up mentally. It's just to provide some normalcy and something fun for them to do. It's great way to build community as some of the players are stuck in homes or other care situations all day. Getting them outside and engaged even slightly socially is so great. The volunteers are enriched as well. It's a reminder to not take what you have for granted. Mole hills are mountains to some people. Attitude and perseverance are what pull you though adversity. And it's a reminder that disabilities do not define a person.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 10:39 PM by Kylrad.)

When it comes to individual play as with most of the recent seasons I just met my expectations as one of the top scorers in the league again with 83 points in 66 games along with a +54 and some good defensive numbers and advanced stats. To surpass them however just like previous seasons I would've had to put up clear MVP level numbers which I fell short of again. None of that really matters though since for once the playoffs were the opposite of the usual disappointed and surpassed expectations if anything with a long awaited cup win for Chicago while also going through many of the teams that have plagued us in our playoff history. For next season I'd be ecstatic to repeat both this past seasons regular season and playoffs or more importantly just playoffs but either will be a hard task as other teams continue to improve.

I don't pay as much attention to the SMJHL but it seems the answer there is clearly Quebec with the 1v2 matchup often being the best matchup in the SMJHL while not being the case in comparison to the SHL with the power of the Great Lakes and the east. In the SHL Buffalo was easily the best team not to make the finals this season with another close 7 game series just like the season before against Chicago that they could've easily won with a few more bounces. Next season I wouldn't be shocked at all if Buffalo is back in the finals as usual against Hamilton.

As usual for IIHF in the FHM era I expect Canada and Great Britain to be the main powerhouses closely followed by USA. Those should be the main medal contenders along with Czechia, Sweden and Japan trying to make their usual dark horse runs. Switzerland is another team that could go on a run and has the roster to do and has been waiting to do so for some time. Players I expect to do well are the starts on the teams that aren't favorite but dark horse contenders for medals. Players like Smeb, Luffy and Westbrook on Japan, or Wagstrom on Sweden and Scarn on Czechia. Teams like Canada usually have their scoring more spread out due to their amount of talent and depth. Brain and Slothface are usually good too on Great Britain. USA might also return to their status as a truly dominant team this tournament led by the likes of Lane and Tokolosh

Coming into the series I thought Hamilton was pretty clearly favored but that it wasn't a crazy big difference and that Chicago still had a good chance to win. Despite the final score being 4-1 for Chicago the series was definitely a lot closer than that score and Hamilton could've easily won

In the regular season I think Chicago's special teams was better while in the playoffs so far Hamilton's was better, although Hamilton has faced easier teams I don't think Chicagos powerplay did much vs New Orleans either. While I think both powerplays are lethal i'll give the edge to Chicago due to penalty kill and goalie.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant. I don't really have any strong feelings about Hamilton's branding don't hate it or love it pretty neutral. I guess Hamilton is kind of a small city to have a SHL team compared to others but I'm fine with that and think small cities can be a cool addition. For Chicago I love the black and yellow color scheme, I even dislike the bruins a lot but can still appreciate the good color scheme.

I guess play league with Parker Smeb, although i've already done too much of that probably in my lifetime and sometimes it can be quite an INTeresting experience depending on which league version of Parker Smeb shows up. After writing this and thinking about Parker Smeb's recent league performances maybe I should've gone with the Luke Atmey staring contest actually. Although as the current coach of the Chicago Syndicate in FHM Luke Atmey already glares at me enough when i mess up

Congrats Chicago on winning the cup, I'm sure everyone in the league believed in you all along, Although this is series MVP and not playoff mvp and I don't know the exact stats for the series. I know Chicago's 2nd line was dominant vs Hamilton and a big part of that was Nick Connolly who also finished with the most points in the playoffs along with a huge +14 rating compared to everyone else even on his own team. As if that wasn't enough he scored the cup winning goal in overtime which basically seals him as the series and playoffs MVP

past

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 09:24 PM by FlappyGiraffe.)

1. 3 TPE

my character on the simulatoin hockey league forums named is aleksander kozlov he is a big centerman first overall in season fifty six of the simulation hockey league draft and was drafted to tampa bay barracuda out of carolina kraken of simulaiton major jinior hockey league but he still played for carolina kraken of simulation major junioar hockey league for the last season. My character aleksander kozlov had an alright season the squad was weakened a bit from callups but we were still solid enoiugh, dind't go super far in playoffs though which sucks maybe we do better this next season with all the new guys we got at the dafrt who knows. My guys biggest strenghts were his offesnive skills which did indeed help my character aleksander kozlov of the simulaiton major jinior hockey league score lots of goals and assists for hte simulation major junior hockey league team called carolina kraken at the end of the day.

2. 2 TPE

my new role for hte simulation hockey league site for a new role for the chareacters would be a guy who can score lots of goals from outside the blueline just hammering them on net from anywhere on the ice. They would be called hte bomber and basically bomb the puck in from anywhere to score lots of goals for their simulation hockey league team regardless of which simulation hockey league conference, simulation hockey leagjue division, or simulation hockey league team they participated in/on. the key stat for the bomber would have to be the shot range since they will be hammering in shots from anywhere on the ice liek i explained

3. 3 TPE

over the offseason my player on the simulation hockey league forums who is currently a player in the simulation major junior hockey league playing for hte simuolation major junior hockey league team known as the carolina krkaen is named aleksander kozlov and he will be doing some charitable acts this offseaosn, to give back to the community. he will be helping biuld homes for the homeless in carolina and will be working hard carryhing planks around, laying foundaitons, hamering nails, screwing screws, laying bricks, seeding up some lawn, paving driveways, and much more and pretty much all the shit you gotta do to make nhouses idk. to do this he has to go the local home depot to get all the tools required which will cost a pretty penny but he's willing to do it for chairty. aleksander kozlov will have to get supplies like hammers, screwdrivers, shovels, wheelbarrows, and much more if he wants to get the job done right.

5. 2 TPE

the best team to not make the finals in the simulation major junior hockey league this season was the carolina krkaen. I believe this is the case because the carolina kraken are a fantastic team with lots of great players, with my guy who is called alkesander kozlov among them. i feel that we didn't get the bounces or jsut didn't get enough pucks deep to make it past our enemys in the playoffs but worry not carolina kraken faithfiul because we have learned form this season and will come back stronger than ever for next year and win it all, no one stands a chance now

6. 3 TPE

for this years international ice hockey federation tournament hosted on the simulation hockey elague forums for simulation hockey league and simulation major junior hockey league palyers on the site to particiape in i see team russia doing really well. this is because we got a bunch of solid guys on the squad and are looking better than ever. lots of fresh players are in this lineup it is a real young team with my guy aleksander kozlov among them, whihc means they have a lot of potentional to improve as the torunament rages on. I think team russia with aleksander kozlov and the guys is a big sleeper pick in the iihf rankings if i do say so myself. as for players that will do well I would say that i htink my own player aleksander kozlov will do well even though i am capped at 425 tpe i feel that i can still be a contribueter and maybe we can get a medal who knows

15. 3 TPE

verification: answered

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I did not like my player's performance on the ice this season. For playing on a good team, I feel that Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr., should have done much better in terms of points. As a two way defender and since the games have been increased to 66, he should have at least earned 40+ points. Besides points, Zlatan did decently on Buffalo Stampede. He was +20 on the ice, 10 special pts, 88 hits and 100 SB. These are all good stats for a defender but at 1500+ TPE you would expect him to perform better.My individual goal of hitting 40 pts was not met, my individual goal of getting 100 hits and 120 SB was not met so a rather disappointing season for Zlatan Ibrahimovic junior. Only thing that i did well on was the +20 which was a given since i played for a strong playoff contender, which was drastically different from the negatives i had when i played for Winnipeg Jets last season. The only thing i can blame for not meeting my goals is that either my player build is not good or i was not a good fit in buffalo in terms of chemistry. I will be an Free agent this upcoming offseason and I will continue improving my TPE to perform better statistically.

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr was defeated this season by the Chicago Syndicate, who later went on to be the challenge cup champions. As a result, Ibrahimovic jr., decided he needed some time off from hockey and do something to help the community. Thus he held a fundraiser by hosting an all inclusive party at his mansion in Buffalo. Entrance fee was 50$ a person but they get free drinks and food. Who wouldn't want to party with this man. He is a legend and is the Dan Bilzerian of Sweden, hosting a party in Buffalo. Anyone that wants to party will want to do it with Ibra jr as he will have a lot of beautiful woman, good food, jacuzzi, an underground casino and just about a rec room featuring all the popular video game consoles and arcade machines. The party is for anyone that may want to lose their virginity because shit gets wild in these parties. So after hosting one of the best parties of the year, Zlatan Ibrahimovic donated the funds he received in addition to 1M dollars from his side for the under priviliged kids in the community. This would serve to help them with school and any other sports programs which they might want to get involved in.

5. This is an easy question. Without a doubt the best SHL team to not make the finals is Buffalo Stampede. They had a very impressive roster and had blowout games in their series. The team has an impressive roster and they also signed Free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr in the hopes of getting the challenge cup. The team was able to beat New England 4-1 very easily and then played Chicago Syndicate who later went on to be the challenge cup champions. Buffalo actually held momentum for the great part of the game but was defeated in game 7 of the conference finals. They even beat the syndicates with a goal difference of 3+ in some of the games. As you can see this could have landed in their favour and the only deciding factor here was that Chicago was lucky that day. Both teams were hungry for the challenge cup and gave it their all. At the end, the luckier team won.

6. My predictions for this upcoming IIHF tournament is that Canada will claim the gold medal, USA will claim the silver and Great britain will claim the bronze. The true obvious prediction is between Canada and USA as both nations have a surplus of candidates to play for them. Its easy to form a super powerhouse team when there are alot of good players from that nation. Great Britain is also a powerful team but not in the same tier as the other two. If i had to give tiers, US and Canada will be god tier and Great Britain, Japan and Czech republic will be A tier. The rest will be lower than that. Im from Sweden and i think we will be middle of the pack in this tournament. The players that will do well are Michael Scarn from Czech. This man lit the regular season in s57 and i dont think anything will slow him down in the IIHF tournament. Expect him to be the top points holder for the entire tournament. The SMEB brother of Japan will also do well.

13. The MVP in the championship series has to be definitely Daniel Smeb of the Chicago Syndicates. The runner up in my opinion is his team mate Nick Conolly. Yes Nick had 1 more point that Daniel Smeb, but what Daniel Smeb has shown us year and year out is that he is a vicious dog that will continue to hunt its prey. This man is as consistent as they come and shows up big during the playoffs. He is also the holder for most regular season points in Chicago Syndicate. If i was in Chicago and i needed to dish a pass to someone, it will be Daniel Smeb. He is clutch and i know i can count on him to make that last play. He is a genius on the ice and i dont understand how he can continously perform so well. He is a machine, he is the Lionel Messi of Chicago.

15. goku

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 09:47 PM by JSS.)

Code:

My player of the Detroit Falcons who play in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, Evangelos Giannopoulos had an absolute horrible rookie and sophomore season. However, he took it to the next level this past season. My player, who is also a defensemen and the number 1 defensemen on the Falcons started off the season very hot and managed to stay at a point per game pace for a whole 20 games into the season. He did slowed down for a bit however he still managed to finish the season on a positive note and had his best season yet. Not only that, Evangelos found himself as one of the leading defensemen scorers and one of the leaders in hits and shots blocked. What a player this guy is eh boys. He now enters in his last juniors season before he will get called up to the Steelhawks as a rookie and he hopes for big things.

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-01-31_at_8.37.38_PM.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: S53Banner_2.png]

Code:

C. Personally I love both of teams brandings however I would have to give the edge to the Chicago Syndicate. I love their colour scheme, it's very unique in a league with a lot of blue and green oriented themes. Their logo is also very slick too, great job to however made it.

D. Personally, I wish there was an option for neither. League is bad even though I play it, Mills is short and a stare contest with Luke Atmey ain't really my vibe. So therefore I would have to get a lap dance from Hugh Jazz, it's the best of a shit list of options.

Code:

There are so many great choices to go with for who gets to be crowned this special season's playoff Most Valuable Player of the Simulation Hockey League. However there is one player that comes to mind who I believe should win this award. The player that I am talking about is actually a goalie and he plays for a team that wasn't even in the Finals. Strom Chamberlain of the Winnipeg Jets was lights out for them and is the main reason why the Jets made it this far. Playoff MVP in my eyes and my eyes are the only right eyes so he is playoff MVP, no discussion.

Code:

JSS

[Image: 3.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 11:37 PM by overdoo.)

Well, the season was a little disappointing, both for Hutton and the Specters. We made playoffs, and put up a little bit of a fight against Chicago, but the close games just did not go our way. It was a little consolation that Chicago did end up winning the Challenge Cup, but still sucks, considering the result we were hoping for going into the season. Seeing a few well-known guys get sent out or leave over the past couple seasons has been rough, but it is what it is. Obviously part of New Orleans' performance can be attribute to losing those guys, but we still were not playing well at the start of the season, and I guess it all sort of fell apart.

As far as Hutton, yeah.. Garbage season, and it finished worse than expected, too. It really was not a good follow up on his rookie performance, to be frank, and being third, almost second in time played amongst Specters defenders, being 5th among Specters defenders in points is disappointing. Obviously at this point, he'll eventually start getting better again, and with the Specters rebuild, he'll hopefully have some better chances to prove himself, but just a rough season otherwise for him.  

205 Words

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Create a new skater or goalie role for FHM. In what scenarios is this new player role best utilized? What attributes are considered important attributes to this new role, and why? Which attribute is the key one?

Alright, hear me out on this one. Basically, they're called a benchwarmer, and yeah, they sit on the bench, therefore, they have to be rostered. They never play though, but boy oh boy, do the benefits work wonders. So, what this player basically does is motivate his team to do better. And not really in a wholesome way, you know? Like they just don't want to end up like him, so the team works harder whenever he is rostered. I mean, the player would still have to fill out the attributes like everyone else, but I mean, what use is there to most? Honestly, if you are thinking about being a career benchwarmer, here is what you need; speed, stamina, agility, and fighting. Speed, and agility, are basically just so the player never gets in the way while sitting on the bench, fastest reflexes in the whole wild west. Plus, moves fast, to make sure the whole bench is warm eventually, not just one or two spots. They get around. Then, stamina is just so they stay awake. The big thing though? Fighting. You best know this is the guy that'll Tort's it up in the hallway between periods. Anyway, higher the TPE level, the harder the team works, like on a percentage scale, you know?

216 Words

The Carolina Kraken are obviously the best in the SHL. And I mean SHL, not SMJHL. I mean, sure, they couldn't make it out of the Anaheim series, but that is just because the Kraken GMs knew that Anaheim would end up as the Eastern Champion, and come on, you can't take away that meme material from Anaheim. Plus, it really is just looking ahead, playing the long game. Enough memes, playoff format is changed, which means the Kraken take easy cups in the future, I mean it is top notch planning ahead for those guys, I respect it. Anyway, more proof the Kraken are the best? How about a Luke screenshot, that explains just how meaningful the Kraken are to the J. I developmental league, meant to help new players grow into greatness, and this is what Luke has to say;

[Image: unknown.png]

Thank you for the feedback, Luke. 

148 Words

Cheese

Alright, listen, it isn't like Hutton is this overly sexy hunk, right? But we all know that he has one, the balls, and two, the humour, to start an OnlyFans, and that is exactly what he did. Now, I'm not saying I bought it, or that I've seen it, but if I did, I know there would be some top tier content in there. I mean, he has already made more on OnlyFans this offseason than the New Orleans paid him for his play during the season. Plus, you know the guy has enough money by now to be taking professional shoot type photos, and, based on rumours, the kid is packing, so it is no wonder his account has grown rapidly. Remember Jimmy Wagner, Hutton's old teammate? And remember how Jimmy's sister, Sarah Wagner, used to always be around him, training at the rink, all around just with him? Well think about all that time she must have spent with other members of the Kraken team, then. Now, I'm not really saying that correlation is causation here, but notice how Sarah hasn't really been doing much with Jimmy now? Plus, we did all see that Insta story she posted two weeks ago, with a filter from New Orleans, right? I'm not saying anything happened because of Conner Hutton's OnlyFans, but come on now, we all see it right?

229 Words

That is 13 TPE out of 16 TPE, and my remaining TPE will come from this affiliation claim, from ISFL UW: https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid412246

16 done / 16 put / 16 max

My player, as well as the team overall, did way better than I was expecting. It’s clear that it’s due to the way the Quebec City Citadelles played this season. A lot of people described them as an offensive powerhouse in the season, and this definitely looked to reflect on my player’s points. As a second or third lines member, I managed to get 46 points while playing less than 15 minutes a night. The funny thing is that my points are half and half, I was just as good at scoring a goal as I was at getting assists, with 23 a piece in each stat. I spent a bit of time on the power play this season, but it was clearly not my strength, as I had only 4 points on it. I didn’t spend any time on the penalty kill, however. This leads me to what I wish to improve on next season. While the team performed very well overall, I think I need a bit of work on the defensive side of things.

The best team that did not make the finals is definitely my team, in my opinion. The Quebec City Citadelles dominated in the regular season, putting up more than 7 wins and 15 points over the 2nd in the league and they ended up being thrown out in the semi final by that same team. The reason could be the seeding of the league. From what I’ve been seeing talked about, you wouldn’t see a bracket like the SHL is currently using in a real life league. The best team of the league has to face the 2nd seed in the semi finals if they both make it out of the 2nd round. Can’t really say it’s a great format.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This season, Zdenko Beranek was clearly the Connor McDavid of the SMJHL. He was everywhere and basically able to do whatever you are asking him to. Just the sheer amount of points he was able to get this season was impressive, with 71 big ones. That’s a whole nine more than the next person after him, Josh Dolphin. That’s also without mentioning that he led the league in goal scoring as well. Jasper Maximov is the John Carlson of 2019-2020, where he had 75 points. Maximov is the only defenseman that finished in the top 25 in points in the league, where he had 50 this season, mostly assists, but still scoring a respectable 12 goals for a defenseman. Clearly, Maximov could have done better too, because he had a shooting percentage of 5.38%. Mat Smith, what a warrior he was. Despite playing only in 41 games, he was 2 wins away from leading the league, an impressive feat. Maybe like Jordan Bennington’s number when he had the run with St. Louis, but without the rookie status.

a. I think the Chicago Syndicate had an advantage on the Buffalo Stampede. This advantage was called anger. They had been kicked out of the playoffs so many times by the Buffalo Stampede that they definitely wanted to win this one. That’s probably the reason they managed to tie the series and eventually bring it home. And they even ended up going all the way and finishing the job!
c. One of the things I like about logos and branding in general is when they are related to the city. No offense to the Hamilton Steelhawks, but quickly, without research, I can’t see any reason why they would have been related to their city. This is the reason I’ll give the upper hand to the Chicago Syndicate on this one.
d. I’d go for the staring contest with Luke Atmey for this question. It would be over pretty quickly, since I don’t have to actually win the contest, so I could go ahead and move on with my life hah. The other either mean awkward moment or an extended period of time with the other person, so I’m good on that point.

The most valuable player of the SMJHL playoffs is Chikmin Tendy in my opinion. No other player seemed to be as good this season. Kondos, the leading point scorer of Anchorage, only had 18 points in 16 games. However, when you look at Tendy’s stats, they seem to be more impressive. Only 4 defeats, 3 of them against Quebec. A GAA of 1.86 and a save percentage of 0.926. Seriously, without him, I’m not sure that the Anchorage Armada would have this successful run. He pretty much single handedly gave them the ability to win games in low scoring situations, which paid off against us. Him and Alexei Petrikov stopped so much rubber against the other teams that they deserve all the credit.

godelles

[Image: petrov.png]