Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Dom loves hockey with all of his heart, but some days when he's tired of the traveling and practicing, he just wants to hang out at the marina where his sailboat currently is chilling. He wants to not do anything but spend a morning cleaning it, working on adding the wooden cabinet in the lower deck like he's been wanting to do, and then take it for a morning sail. Then later, he'd invite a couple teammates to come by, grill some fish at the marina, take the boat for another sail if the wind is good, and just chill, listen to music, and swim near the boat. Then the best way to end the night during the season, he'd call his husband and catch each other up on how their days went, maybe try to watch an episode of whatever show they're watching. A hockey-free day is still a good day--nothing extravagant, because he's still responsible and has to get back to work the next day.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 05:01 PM by KlusteR.)

To relax his body and mind, Markus likes to go trekking in the nearby parks, upstate Minnesota. He starts his day at 6 AM - rain or shine - packs the essentials, a hearty lunch and snacks, and makes his way towards the wilderness... or so to speak. While it is nowhere as difficult to climb as the mountains in his natal Switzerland, he still feels rejuvenated by the sights of the "land of a thousand lakes", and the breaths of fresh air this time in nature provides him. He is sometimes joined by Chiefs' alumni (and Champions Cup winner!) Igor Volkov, as they used to travel the trails together along the Volga, or in the Swiss Alps, in the off-season.

When he returns home, Markus usually has a couple of invites from his younger teammates to hang out and play some video games (still can't go out to bars - league protocol), to which he agrees. While he's nowhere as good as they are, he still enjoys the team-building it provides. Team building... maybe that's where his career is headed, Markus pondered.

(186 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Pavel Jeziak is a big fan of different tv shows and all sorts of movies, so he spends his days off with a load of good food, chips, popcorn and most importantly, a lot of cheap beer. He wakes up, has some coffee, eats some bacon, toast and waffles. Cycles to the store, so he has some exercise for the day. Buys a case of beer. Comes back home, buries himself on the couch and proceeds to watch netflix, HBO or what ever he's in the mood for until it's dinner time, usually on sundays Jeziak makes something heavy and delicious. Pork roast, steaks, Pizza stuff like that. After dinner it's back to watching TV. Then when it's getting late at night, Jeziak moves on to watching dumb stuff on Youtube while using discord to chat with his teammates and post crappy memes, talk trash about their general manager, Mister Dog as they like to call him and just overall silliness. Then he goes to sleep, ready for gameday on monday.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Daniel Smeb spends his days off doing many crazy things or just sleeping all day since sleeping is nice and in those 6 days of hockey 5 probably have a game with the crazy scheduling and that other day might even be a practice. Otherwise he hangs out with his fellow Smeb brothers doing all sorts of things, whether it be playing video games, eating flans, or flying to Korea to visit the legendary Chico Salmon and see if any new Smeb brothers have arrived. Daniel Smeb also enjoys reading and watching and starting shows and then not finishing them even though he probably enjoyed the show. Otherwise he might just spend his day off doing more hockey related things anyways so that he doesn't lose all his skills. Most importantly though is hanging around with the fallen Smeb brothers who were no longer capable of being in the SHL like Kit and Khan Smeb

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

After a grueling 6 day stretch of nothing but games and practice nothing's better then getting that 7th day off. On my day off I like to take it easy and sit around the house and play video games for most of the day, maybe order some food and have it delivered home. I like to play on the Xbox , sometimes I play alone and sometimes I'll invite fans to come play, some of them are actually pretty good. Some time in the afternoon and just sit down and listen to some music for awhile. Later at night I'll go out and hangout at a bar for a little while and watch the Celtics or Red Sox play and if they are playing against Detroit hopefully lose. The people of Boston are usually pretty cool so they tend to buy me a drink. After hanging out at the bar its time to go back home and just sit around and check out social media and YouTube. After browsing that for an hour or 2 it's time to go to bed and get ready for the day tomorrow.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Well right now I'm trying to make the most of the summer months in Alaska by going on hiking trips, having picnics, and taking every chance I can get to enjoy the incredible scenery around Anchorage. During the winter, those off days are spent in front of a fireplace sipping hot chocolate and watching Netflix (or studying game tapes if we've got a big game first thing the following day). The day off is also a great time to catch a flight down to Vancouver early in the morning and visit the family for the day. Then afterwards fly the 3 hour return trip to Anchorage late at night. I don't do that too often though as the traveling really wears me down. Other times, the days off are spent on the road with the team. Hanging out at our hotel or seeing the sights of whatever city we're in. Recently, I have been frustrated with my performance on the ice and I think I'll have to start spending Sundays hitting the gym, going for runs, doing off-ice drills, etc. etc. and hopefully that will have a noticeable impact on my game.

For Kamado he spends his day with his nezuko. Being a demon and only being able to come out in the night is hard especially with the SHL having night games. Couple that with hunting demons during away games or after them Kamado definitely misses his sister. After their survival of the demon train he definitely wants to spend as much time as he can with her.

On the day off he starts at sundown. He allows her out of her box and they leave their Baltimore apartment. Because of the growth of cosplayers no one asks questions about her and her bite thing. They then go down to the harbor where they people watch. Kamado and his sister make sure that the homeless have not been turned into demos either. Because of her skills, on occasion they break into Camden yards and explore. Being from Japan baseball is something Kamado wants to learn more about. When they walk by the ravens stadium nezuko smells blood and wants to play but he suggests against it. Eventually they go to bed and try to allow Tanjiro to at least get some sleep

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

My day off is just about relaxation. I’m at the state of my career where I am just burned out physically and mentally so I take a day off from hockey and virtually everyone. I don’t answer texts or talk to anyone if it has to do with hockey. It helps me reset a little but definitely not as much as it should. I’m planning my exit and trying to set up a few things locally. There’s a local television spot opening in a few seasons and I’ll probably slide in that once I retire. I’ve been lucky enough to make connections in Texas having spent the past ten seasons here so networking has not been an issue. But as for my days off, I just need to check out. I’ll order something from my favorite place and catch up on any television or movies I haven’t see it. Nothing too exciting but I’m at that state in my career and life where I just embrace the downtime.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Parker Smeb has had to spend his days off this year unlike any other year. Most years Parker would spend his days off relaxing, going to the beach, playing some league of legends, hanging out with his Smeb family or going out to an expensive restaurant to eat. This year he hasn't been able to do any of that due to being paired with literal pylon Jules Watt who has limited Parkers production to the second lowest on the team -- Parker has been spending time trying to teach Jules how to actually play hockey. Things have started coming along and Jules may actually be able to stop on his skates by this time next year. Parker recently taught him how to skate in straight line which was super difficult. Parker has made it his goal this year to help Jules improve on his game so the team no longer needs to shelter his minutes.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Video games is always the way to go with spare time, and not sports video games; I need a break from all that after hockey 24/7. Time to bring out PVP games, action RPGs, and FPS, mixing it up to keep it fresh and entertaining. Ola Wagstrom has quick hands thanks to his hours of puck handling skills, and legendary reflexes, which certainly helps his cause when it comes to gaming. He can beat even the most hardcore gamers online, and just has a knack for success in pretty much any skill based game. Athletes of Wagstrom’s caliber just have that special something, and they have a compete drive that pushes them to be the best at anything that they try their hand at. After gaming, it’s time to crank out the food and alcohol. Booze and pizza go together like bread and butter, and you know it’s the truth. Wagstrom might conveniently forget hangovers are a thing, but he has a good time, and with how little free time he has, he might as well go all out with the partying. Life is short, gotta enjoy the good moments and the good stuff.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

[Image: DMIGq6u.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

I spend my free days reviewing Pizza for The Boston Herald. While I still live primarily in St. John's and so I've exhausted all the potential places to review over the past several seasons, I still do find some new spots occasionally. Recently someone opened up a Chicago style pizza joint in downtown and I've been working on my review for that over the last couple of days, and you can look to find that in the Herald soon. I normally use a 10 point system with 5 being average. I tend to knock off a Pizza for being so greasy that it makes a puddle or falling apart too easily. I like a pizza that stoutly remains solid and whole as you consume it. Most of my reviews however take place on the road. I recently was blessed to be able to review a New York Style Pizza joint in Carolina the other week and it was really high quality. My coaches don't like my Pizza review article but I'm almost out of Newfoundland anyways.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

On my day off away from the general rigors of professional hockey I like to head down to the bottle shop, stock up and then day drink heavily in the local park. There is nothing better in this world than a local celebrity staggering around, missing a shoe and naked from the waist up while attempting to interact with the general public. The coach doesnt like it very much but then he's not paying me on my day off so I can do what I like. Depending on how many tins I sink and how hot it is I might have to call my Albanian friends to come and help me out. Nothing worse than getting too hammered too fast and falling asleep or blacking out. Honestly with how the season has been going maybe it's time to think about whether consuming all these cans is affecting my performance on the ice. Then again I can't let Pavel Jeziak drink by himself. After all that's what friends are for.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

The first thing Patrik Money would do with his day off would be have a nice long lie in. Usually between training for both football and hockey at the same time, he is up at the crack of dawn every day to start training so some sleep will not go amiss. His side business of potato farming will then need some attending to in the morning because as the old saying goes, potatoes never sleep. During the tough seasons he often doesnt have enough time for this passion of his but it's a surefire way for him to start his day off the right way. Then after this work of the morning, he may visit a nice spa for a relaxation extravaganza. The hot baths and wide variety of treatments will get Money feeling fresh as a daisy even a single day after his 6 day streak of being hit around on the ice. He will likely finish the day off with a hot chocolate and by watching his favourite film, Mean Girls.

After a gruelling week of work, Robert Black likes to start his day off with a long lie in. Following that it's a casual kickabout with some friends. Football, or soccer if you are so inclined, is Black's other passion. Although he's unable to slide into any tackles or play with maximum intensity out of fear of injury that would see his hockey team get rather upset, Black nonetheless relished the days he can kick a ball about. After that there is a big focus on downtime and relaxing in preparation for more hard work in the upcoming week. Black is an avid movie fan and likes to immerse himself in film within his home cinema. On some occasions, he will even treat himself to a couple of beers and some food the team nutritionist would have a fit over. All of that assists Black in feeling refreshed and able to keep training at a high level all season long.

Code:
160 words