Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Written task: We all love playing hockey, but at the end of the day it is still a job, which means it is always nice to have a day off. You've just had 6 days straight of either a game or practice, how do you spend your hockey-free day?(150+ words)
Graphic task: Show how you're spending your day off..
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, May 2nd at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PT pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Simply put, Minamino enjoys nothing else but to take break from hockey and dive into simulation hockey. He's a big fan of FHM 6, and finds himself repeatedly test simming late into the nights just to find the most optimal roles and tactics, in order to gain a leg up against his opposition. However he is increasingly becoming bitter that no matter what changes he makes, none of it seems to matter especially when the game's rng decides to take a giant dump on his team despite amassing one of the deeper rosters in the league.

At this point he's wondering if he should just roll dice as a past time since at least it'll give the same effect but without needing to pay for any electrical bills or upgrading when the next FHM edition comes out. He could also give his dice a fresh coat of paint each season just to have a similar experience.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Gunnar spends most of his days off either cooking or spending time with his dogs. When the weather is good, he likes to take Maxim and Poppy to the dog park and let them run around with the other dogs, but when the weather isn't great or after it gets dark, he can usually be found in his kitchen at home trying to learn how to make something new. He tries to invite people over for dinner on off days, sometimes guys from his team, sometimes guys from other teams, so he has somebody to share all of the food with, but even if he can't get anybody to come over, he will spend a nice evening in by himself cooking a good dinner and listening to music and enjoying a good bottle of wine. He also likes to play D&D with his friends, and has recently begun to run his very first game as a dungeon master with some of his buddies from Chicago and Colorado, so he tries to schedule those games on off days if possible.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The Winnipeg Aurora have actually had plenty of situations like this in the last couple seasons.  If not playing multiple back to back games with included travel time there were times where having a full day off from play may have been few and far between.   While some of the team would decide to stay at home or their apartment to sleep or take care of personal obligations, I would most likely spend it reviewing tapes of teams we have upcoming.  Not only as a Co-GM but also as a goalie to have some sort of idea of what is coming at me and at the team helps immensely.  Usually on true days off as well I try to squeeze in a 20 minute cryo spa visit, however, being able to squeeze that in usually depends on if Kez ( @Muerto ) wants to extend the office time or insists on hitting one of the restaurants in town (as long as they're open due to health restrictions).

It certainly nice is to finally get a day off here and there so that I don't have to consistently be doing and thinking hockey. Now that things are slowly opening up around Los Angeles I would go grab a socially distant meal from one of my favorite restaurants in downtown LA, Voltaggio STRFSH. Then I would hopefully meet up with one of my teammates to get some hockey-free time in with them. Instead of going out to a movie theater we would probably just watch movies at one of our houses. I would try to push us towards the new Mortal Kombat movie since I think it looks pretty sweet, but either way I'm just looking to turn my brain off for a little bit and relax. After that I would turn in early so that I can get some sleep because I know soon enough I'll have to be back at the rink working on my game. At least I got to enjoy my short time off here at home.

172 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Well I love hockey and I love the downtime but hey when you get some free time why not use it to create some content around hockey for all the fake money! With my downtime this week I started work on my S59 Season journal as well as created a podcast with none other than current start and GM Henrik or HLO as we like to call him! But when I am not spending time making content for all the fake money. Getting away from hockey completely is the goal sometime though. Which means I am taking in the sites that San Fran has to offer. I am out checking out local restaurants, still looking for that perfect pizza place, and headed to the beach to enjoy the sun and the ocean! Of course being a movie lover as well I would not hesitate to head to the Theatre to catch the latest flick! This week I was able to check out the new Mortal Kombat! There is so much you can get out and do now that things are opening up with the Covid restrictions and it just feels great to get out and do anything really!
WC:198

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

When Rhys Pritchard has an off day in Toronto, he usually starts by getting some coffee at his favorite coffeehouse down the street from his house. Then he will meet his fiance for lunch before hitting the links with whoever of his teammates feels like golfing. Usually Danny Marston and Ursin Zimmerman are game. Rhys sucks at golf but he doesn't suck at day drinking so he always makes sure to get an uber or a cab up to the course. If he's played 18 holes, it's time to go home and take a nap before taking his fiance out for dinner and calling it a night. If he's only played 9 holes, he can go back home and work on his culinary skills by trying to cook something nice for dinner for the two of them before getting to bed early to be ready for the next day's skate.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 05:10 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Dwight enjoys hockey a ton but on his day off from hockey he takes a nice break from it. His breakfast is one that is used to bulk up on. He takes a box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie mixes and makes it up and eats the batter for breakfast while catching up on the latest tiny home youtube videos. Dwight always fantasized about living in a home that could be portable but knows that he is far too large and disorganized to make that a reality. He then continues his routine of pumping iron in the late morning then having a burger for lunch. The weather was nice today so he decided to go cabrewing with the boys. After returning they end up having a taco and fajitas bar with margs and playing mario kart then it's time to get ready for bed. All in all, it was a pretty chill but action packed day and I hope the next day off can be just as good.

[169 words]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 01:17 AM by Dextaria.)

As much as Ryosuke Sato enjoys playing hockey, every player needs time away from the game. During his days off, he loves to sleep in and wake up at noon, definitely not something he can do when he has practice or games. Then, after a late brunch, Sato watch some shows whether it be variety shows or anime. Those are on the top of his list, especially with how long of a series they are. Next, the couch potato feeling always hits him so with the guilt so he moves to light training (with the entertainment along with it). This makes him feel less bad about just watching shows all day. However, in addition to watching shows regularly, at least he gets to spend time with his family and catch up on their weekly programming.

After, dinner is prepared and the night begins to enter. Ryosuke would find something to fill out the rest of the night in a relaxing way whether it be playing games, talking with friends, playing guitar, or something else. This would take up the rest of the night where he heads to bed just before 12 as he knows that it is back to the regular routine the next day.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Walton Stromberg likes to spend his rare off-days watching just trying to recover and relax at home. It's usually also a cheat day diet-wise. A good day off starts with a long sleep and a good, late breakfast, that consists of some fresh juice, eggs, bacon and something sweet, like pancaces or chocolate croissants. After that he's usually either playing video games or watching television. The video games he plays are usually sports related, such as FIFA or NHL. From the TV he's often watching either some older sitcoms, reality shows or true crime documentaries. It may also be some random YouTube videos, which Walton sometimes spends hours watching. After a healthy dose of lying on the sofa, it's time for dinner. On an off-day you don't really put on pants at all, so it has to be home delivery. Walton is usually ordering either some mexican food or some good Italian pizza. Once a carb overdose has been achieved, it's almost time to head to bed, feel bad of all the things that have been done, fall asleep and start working hard to be a better hockey player again!

[Image: sulov.gif]

How do I spend my day off from hockey? Well, you need to really stay mentally in shape, so you just have to keep working out. Not only working out in the gym, but watching tape and watching games of your next couple opponents. How do they plan on playing? Do they have any specific plays that they like to run? There are a lot of things that you can really look for. I think this is how I spend the majority of my day. I think it's also important to get your body ready by waking up with some chocolate milk. I love to drink chocolate milk to start my day and maybe some pancakes or some good eggs benedict. There are some good breakfast items to have especially in the Waltham, Massachusetts area. You have to look at In a Pickle. This is one of the best breakfast places to go. That is my plan. Watch some tape and eat some breakfast.

Words: 165

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Well first off I am sleeping in. I can't sleep as late as I used to but I am shutting off the alarm and I'll wake up when I wake up. Start the day off with a pot of coffee as always and a nice breakfast. Nothing crazy, some bacon and eggs with some toast and maybe some hash browns if I'm really hungry. If its a nice day out I'll probably try to get outside for a bit maybe talk a short walk and just get some fresh air. If I've got any chores around the house to take care of I'll get those out of the way early so I can have the rest of the day to relax. Once the chores are done I'll play some video games, PC obviously, as that's one of my favorite things to do. Currently playing the Chivalry 2 beta. I mean can you think of a better way to escape the grind of a hockey season than strapping on some virtual armor and decapitating the enemy? Doubt it.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]