Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

If you asked me for 100 pre-game songs on my playlist I could give you them and explain why, but i'll try to keep it to my top 5.

In no particular order:

1. Ambition For Cash - Key Glock - If you know me you know I love trapping and getting my bread up, Key Glock always know how to get me pumped up for any game, any time.

2. By Your Side - Rod Wave - If I need something chill for a pre-game skate but still gives me the chills and that extra kick I need for game time I go to Rod Wave without a doubt.

3. Pushin P - Gunna ft. Future - Ya'll already know this is my shit, i'm always Pushin P and I got nothing else to say bout that.

4. alotta cake - Gunna - Gunna talks about your pockets gettin' fat in alotta cake, and i'm all about that, and them cartiers, periodt.

5. Gang Shit no Lame Shit - Key Glock - this is another killer Key Glock song makes me pumped no matter the time of day.

[Image: minadsslatt.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 09:34 PM by goldenglutes.)

ok so here are the songs that we play in the colorado raptors locker room before our simulation major junior hockey league games against other teams in the league:

1. donda chant

this one is pretty self explanatory in my opinion, a good chant gets all of the juice flowing and gets all of the boys going. this one in particular is the favourite of one of our coaches (@micool132) because he really likes how the song says the word "donda"

2. donda

this is the song donda from the album donda by kanye west. to be honest we only play this song in the locker room because someone always requests that we put on the album donda but the person in charge of the aux cable doesn't actually realize that donda is the name of the album as well as the name of this song on the album, so they end up playing this song instead of the whole album

3. jail

this one is trying to tell us to not take too many penalties because otherwise we'd be going to jail tonight and that's definitely a no no, because it is a habit that will be very hard to break once we get to the simulation hockey league and my future general manager mr. hotdog (@hotdog) is going to yell at me because our players (especially gabriel johnson @Gwdjohnson) are very bad on the penalty kill because they don't block shots.

4. sounds from simon leblanc's family trip to paris

yeah this one's just a good vibe to be honest, very good sounds very nice sounds. binko's brother paul (@Briedaqueduc) found this one on google drive somehow

5. find your love (kanye version from the concert that he did with drake)

yeah the original song is trash but the kanye version from that concert is straight gas bro it's so good. one of binko's good friends pablo @Jepox likes this one too

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

1. Wants and Needs - Drake, Lil Baby
2. Foreplay - Jalen Santoy
3. Super Gremlin - Kodak Black
4. PAID MY DUES - NF
5. The Search - NF

1. Wants and Needs is my favourite song by drake. Lil Baby's verse gets me fired up and ready to go. Both artists are amazing and have my hyped up for games.
2. Foreplay is sort of a chill hype song, nothing crazy about it but it gets my head nodding. Good vibes only.
3. Super Gremlin is such a hype song. The 49ers would walk out of the locker room every playoff game this year playing it so you know it's good.
4/5. These are two of NF's songs I like. I enjoy all of his music but these two stand out to me. It's a lot different than most modern day rappers and his songs make me feel like I'm a 315lbs fighter.

I love country music and listen to it all the time, but these songs/genres are my go to when I work out or am getting ready for a game.

[Image: SggfMpJ.png?1]

[Image: c97iD9R.png][Image: 9tINabI.png]
[Image: dorito2.png]

Our team's pre game playlist before the puck drops is as follows and in order:

1. Off the grid
2. Praise god
3. Jail pt.2
4. 4th dimension
5. Stronger

Now you may be saying to yourself this does not really look like a team playlist because it is all from the same artist. I would tell you that you are absolutely right, it is more of a personal playlist but I did not have any headphones when I came to the show so I had to play my music out of my Ipod. Now weeks later, the team just lets me play whatever music I want because I am too cheap of a player to even by headphones so they kind of just ended up giving me the aux cord. I may not have gotten everybody on board yet, but at the end of the season, everyone will learn to love Kayne.

Words - 154

I am not the best person to ask about this subject. Simply because my typical favorite music consists of video games tracks and musical scores  that don't traditionally overlap with pre game music. That being said I do appreciate good music and here is my list of recommendations for the team pregame music.

1. Hit Me with Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar

Given I am a goaltender, this top pick shouldn't require to much explanation. Part confidence booster, part taunt to teammates/opposition. 

2. Eye of the Tiger -  Survivor

A classic that that keeps me energetic for the battles ahead.

3. Roar - Katie Perry 

While "Firework" is more exciting, this song is more powerful, which is why I like.

4. Hall of Fame - The Script

This song simply represents our hopes and our dreams 

5. Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne

Another powerful song that represents our will to dominate our opponents.

Bonus. You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicle 

While this isn't a tune played for pre-game, this absolutely classic video game battle theme is my favorite song to personally jam out to as it never fails keeping my energy up..

02-04-2022, 03:05 PMWill3 Wrote: I am not the best person to ask about this subject. Simply because my typical favorite music consists of video games tracks and musical scores  that don't traditionally overlap with pre game music. That being said I do appreciate good music and here is my list of recommendations for the team pregame music.

1. Hit Me with Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar

Given I am a goaltender, this top pick shouldn't require to much explanation. Part confidence booster, part taunt to teammates/opposition. 

2. Eye of the Tiger -  Survivor

A classic that that keeps me energetic for the battles ahead.

3. Roar - Katie Perry 

While "Firework" is more exciting, this song is more powerful, which is why I like.

4. Hall of Fame - The Script

This song simply represents our hopes and our dreams 

5. Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil Wayne

Another powerful song that represents our will to dominate our opponents.

Bonus. You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicle 

While this isn't a tune played for pre-game, this absolutely classic video game battle theme is my favorite song to personally jam out to in the locker room as it never fails keeping my energy up.

So this is my 5 song pregame hype playlist. First on the list I’d have to put levels by avicii. All you have to do is listen to the song and you’ll understand why it’s here. It’s the perfect lockeroom hype song. Second I’m going to say enter sandman by Metallica. One of my favorite athletes is Mariano Rivera and this was his walkout song. It’s the perfect entrance song for any athlete. Third I’m going to have to say thunderstruck by AC/DC. I know it’s the most overplayed song in sports, but it is definitely over played for a reason. Fourth I’m going to put till I collapse by Eminem. There’s just something about Eminem rapping that can really pump up a crowd and team no problem. And last but not least let’s put the outsiders by Eric church on this list because everybody can always use a little country in their lives

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

I expect a bit of a battle about this topic as there seems to exist in almost every locker room I have been in so far: Rap vs. Rock. I very clearly fall into the latter camp here so I will do my best to help my side of the argument to provide the playlist with some of the best Punk, Indie or Hardcore music to get you pumped for the next game! So five songs I'll be playing are:

1. Dropkick Murphys - The Boys A Back / Yes, a bit cheesy and overused but always works to kick things off.
2. Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia / Five songs packed into one and all of them are great, perfect to settle down a bit and keep things flowing while you change into your gear after the initial kick-off hype.
3. The Thermals - A Pillar of Salt / Quick, easy, straight to the point.
4. ... And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - The Rest Will Follow / A bit more complex and not as catchy as some of the others, perfect to contemplate and find your focus just as you are about to step on the ice.
5. Die Ärzte - Schrei nach Liebe / A true German punk classic, you don't really need to know or understand the lyrics as long as you are ready to passionately yell "ARSCHLOCH" every 30 seconds or so.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The locker room has a lot of unique characters with a lot of unique tastes. Here are some of the tunes that have been occasionally heard:

Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino - In My Mind

When the team is playing poorly - taking unnecessary penalties, no hustle, frequently getting caught offside, and generally not giving it our best, our coach/GM band together and make us listen to this on repeat for hours. We usually play amazingly well for the next few games afterwards.

Joe Satriani - On Peregrine Wings
This song has popped up a few times. Sometimes played before a big game. It's oddly calming, but also like there's something looming..something to prepare for.

Earth, Wind & Fire - September
This is one of the more commonly played songs in the locker room and I don't think there's ever been a single negative reaction towards it. It's sometimes played before games, after games, occasionally even between periods.

Megadeth - Dystopia
A bit of a mixed reaction with this one. Some of the players like it because it's pumps them up before the game. Others aren't too fond of this or even the metal genre itself. Still, it does get played every now and then.

Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
This one gets played here and there after games, regardless of whether it's a win or a loss. It's got kind of a calming kind of feel to it with a hint of hope for the future.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

[Image: KoCPI9o.png]

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Pre game playlists are usually hassle with everyone having their own taste, But I think I can sum up about 5 songs every thinks is a banger for certain

First of all, we need something to hype people up. Sabaton, The Last Stand. Gets everyone on the right mood for the upcoming game. No words need to be spoken, just listen and concentrate
Second up we need something to remind who we play against. For that we have Rats by Ghost. This will be played more depending on the game. Usually against Detroit this is almost the only song playing full blast.
Thirdly I have picked certified banger everyone can sing a long to, Something to bring us closer before the match. Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts, We are in the generation that grew up with this song, Nothing more to say here
Fourth song is a bit of a toss up, I think usually we go for something to bring us back to the rock genre, but something soothing. Nickelback and the song How you remind me. Absolute banger in the locker room, Some sing a long, some appreciate the art, No one hates
And then, Lastly but surely not least. Right before we go out, only one song could be mentioned here, And that of course is non other then LEGO Ninjago THE WEEKEND WHIP, by The Fold. Absolutely the most certified banger of them all.

(240 words)

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2022, 04:13 PM by PremierBromanov.)

1. BFG Division - Mick Gordon
2. Somebody Else - The 1975
3. Embryonic Anomaly - Rings of Saturn
4. The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance (but only the first part which is good)
5. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation - Viraemia

The point of this playlist is to shock the mind into different feelings and activities. Just like the totally real and valid science behind confusing and shocking muscles, we also confuse and shock the mind and heart. WE start off with BFG Division, from Doom 2016. It's a real banger of a work out song and really helps us get amped up. It works as a stepping stone to harder stuff, because it's pretty well understood by the broader audience. Then we immediately go to Somebody Else by the 1975, a somber song about realizing the death of a relationship and the need to see someone with somebody else to get closure, to fully realize the cycle of a relationship. This guy fucks so its probable that this happens once a month to him. Next up is Embryonic Anomaly, which is another ramp up into harder metal to get us really amped up to destroy our enemies. There's a really touching string of lyrics

Disguised life among the civilization, isolation spawns hate
Lashing out to begin widespread slaughter, planted alien now executes
Unstoppable force

In this part Bono is explaining what the alien fetus is going to accomplish and the destruction it will wreak on the human race, but also the beautiful love between mother and baby.

Then we go into the Black Parade, to remind our team that their father will die some day, if he has not already. This part hopes to realign our thoughts and intentions towards the inexorable and relentless future, that we too will sing the same song to our children and that its extremely important that we do this in front of an actual marching band or we wont get into heaven.

Lastly, we end with Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, which is so noisy and weedly-woopy that you cant really think about anything EXCEPT the game. It's pure noise and chaos, no thoughts allowed. there are probably lyrics but I cant tell what they are. The point is to not focus on the music, but to let it wash over you, just as you let the biggest guy on the ice bounce off of your ass when he tries to check you into the boards. It's all about being a river or something.

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=...ture=share

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Since arriving in the Anaheim Outlaws locker room, Robert Bergen has "gently forced" a few new songs onto the team playlist. Growing up on the other side of the pond to most of his teammates, the existing playlist lacked any songs that made Bergen feel at home in the LR, so the majority of the songs he has added could be considered the pinnacle of great British music. The minority however are just eurovision trash.

From the best of British side we have:
Tubthumping by Chumbawamba - A good old British classic! Very fitting for a player that get knocked down so often...

House of Fun by Madness - Pretty sure Madness is required listening for most Brits, they're just so fun.This is also in the playlist to confuse the American players when it comes on..

Vindaloo by Fat Les - Now this one may be about the wrong sport but there was a hockey player in the music video so close enough! It's the English sporting anthem and a must include

And the eurovision songs:
Dancing Lasha Tumbai by Verka Serduchka - If the other players were confused by Madness, just wait for this to come on!

I Don't Feel Hate by Jendrik - This one is mainly reserved for when games aren't going so well and the media and fans are less happy than normal

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay