Create Account

S66 PT #0: Passion Project

It's amazing how hobbies outside of hockey go. Last year, I built a fence. This year, I wanted to build a deck, but I also want to learn how to upholster so I can put together a dining set of my own. Specifically, we have a smaller space than one may expect for the dining room, and so I want to open it up a bit by putting the table against the wall more. The best way to do so, in my mind, is to put benches on the side so we can slide them under the table. So now I'm staring at this table thinking I could make a table that has bench seating on the sides to open it up more, and maybe make compartments in the benches for more storage. Maybe I'll put in space where we could keep some pots and pans, or just lesser used items. Like we don't use the crockpot very often, considering it's only two of us and making food for two doesn't normally take so long. I was thinking there could be ways to better design the table as well, but that will take a lot more work.

Anyway, I still need to build a deck. But first, I have to tear down the old deck that's falling apart, and then I'll have to measure out my space and figure out how I'm going to support this thing properly. It's a lot of effort, but it is a lot of fun also. And beyond that, I'm still working on making my yard nicer. Putting in cutting patterns, replanting it frequently to make it more lush, keeping it properly watered, but trying not to overwater or anything either.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

ISFL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Jonathan Mercer is an avid golfer. He has spent most of his life on the course in between seasons. With the St. Louis Scarecrows being eliminated from the playoffs relatively early, Mercer has been given a lot of time to work on his golf game. His focus this offseason has been working on his short game. Even though on the ice, Mercer has a great shot, it isn't very accurate. The same could be said for Mercer's chipping and approach shots, which are not even in the realm of being accurate. With a ton of practice, Mercer has been able to get his approach shots to stay on one side of the green. Even though Mercer has been golfing for what feels like his entire life, there is still much improvement to be made. The same can be said about his SHL and SMJHL career. If Mercer wants to be a threat, he needs to work on everything. This offseason, Mercer's grind is getting closer to being a scratch golfer.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I know when the off-season rolls around a lot of players try not too take too much of a break. I know some do, some don't and others are somewhere in the middle... but lots keep the grind going. You have to prepare for the next season and make sure you're in better shape then before. Not for me though! This off-season I'm letting loose! I'm going back home to Sweden and being an absolute fucking pig. I have all my North American snacks coming back and surprisngly a lot are from Canada. I got my Kraft Dinner, chips, pops/soda, beef jerky, and a bunch of other things. I'm going to balloon this off-season. Get super fat! I am excited to eat and enjoy my time doing nothing.

I look forward to the next time we hit the ice. I don't think my equipment is going to fit.. oh well. You have to be happy too, right? The team won't mind Wink

Andreas Kvalheim's best days as a hockey player are far behind him now. He's the oldest skater still playing in the SHL and is a shadow of his former self, who was one of the best two-way forwards in the league. However, Andreas is not ready to hang up the skates just yet, and is doing all he can to fight off the ravages of aging and continue to grind out a career in the SHL. Last season saw Andreas score at just over a 0.5 point per game pace with 35 points over 66 games, and he plans to improve on that total this season by working on his stamina. His body doesn't recover the same way it used to, and Andreas' off-season training has been tailored to ensuring he is able to keep up with the rigors of a long and grueling SHL season by making sure his endurance is up to par.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

PLAYER PROMPT -

Angus Mcfife the Eighteenth, a Simulation Hockey league player from the Atlanta inferno, spent his off season summer doing what he prefers. Slaying Goblins. There are multiple ways to slay goblins and using a laser powered goblin smasher is my favorite. It is in fact a glorious giant war hammer made to crush the green little snots into pancakes. my friend @Z-Whiz thinks it's really cool. Sometimes, @goldenglutes also comes to borrow my thunder striking wizard trasher wich is also a glorious giant hammer but better used against chaos wizard. I told binko he was not worthy to wield it and he said it was "sadge" and that I was "pepega" whatever that means. MEanwhile, @Gwdjohnson was waiting for the weekend but it was canceled. How does one cancel friday, saturday and sunday? It is beyond my comprehension, it must be related to black magic from a wizard. Maybe I should lend my Heavy Metal Darklord Crasher to him so he could avenge losing his weekend.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

WSBL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Player Prompt

I didn’t just grow up in the ice rink. I also grew up in the kitchen. When my father wasn’t training for the Platoon, he was in the kitchen learning to perfect his Korean cooking. That is something that I am trying to do in the offseason as well. Being so far away from Korea is hard sometimes, especially when I am in the mood for some legit Korean cooking. I have the kimchi recipe that my father concocted but it just isn’t the same as my grandmother’s. This offseason I have been running some J. Kenji Lopez Alt style in regard to my kimchi recipe. I have them packed away for now and will find out the results in a few weeks. Thanks to my small bit of celebrity, I have to been able to rub elbows with some of the celebrity chefs of Korea and picked up some great tips to bring the taste of Korea back to Philadelphia with me.
(163)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Player Prompt. Makrus now has 8 weeks off to do whatever he wants unrelated to hockey. Makrus starts by spending time watching his favorite movies, which happen to be hockey movies. Makrus also hangs out with his friends, which happen to be hockey players. After these things that are in no way related to hockey Makrus also does some moving. After Edmonton made several trades Makrus and his friends are now off to NEW pastures. Sven and Lev are on their way to Manhattan. Pasta the Turtle is on his way to Chicago. Packing is a large task and when you get a bunch of hockey players together packing you end up with random street, apartment, and or swamp hockey matches. Once everyone got settled into their NEW homes Makrus was able to settle into his NEW home. While 8 weeks is a pretty long time it went by so fast. Makrus is ready for the season to start but he valued his time off the ice during the offseason.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - It's the offseason! Whether you've been in the playoffs or not, you've got some time on your hands now. You're back, wherever you spend your off season, and you're staring down 8 weeks before the start of the preseason. You gotta' do something to pass the time this summer! What'll it be?

Marty Sanderson hobbies include: Chewing beef jerky, riding cowboys and drinking with horses. For eight entire weeks, Marty does nothing but drink, smoke and go mountain climbing. That's right, a true passion, hobbyist level passion for mountain climbing! Stapping on the ol Columbia sneakers, and martys good looking north face jacket, and nothing else, Marty loves ascending.

Some mountains Marty has climbed include but are not limited to; Everest, Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Fuji. Nothing beats waking up in the early moments of the day, drinking a fresh brewed cup of coffee and looking down on society from the safe reaches of way up on the earth.

If not on the mountains, Marty can be found in the kitchen, prepping your favourite local cuisine, and pouring lovely glasses of wine he probably squished and bottled himself. Marty the renaissance man. Few have ever achieved the things he has.

tryna make a change

player prompt

During the offseason, Teodors Skalbergs goes back home to Latvia for a few weeks. He spends that time at home, in his father's villa on the outskirts of Riga. As for what he does in his time there? He makes wooden flutes. Specifically, a kind of small wooden flute called a "stabule" in Latvian. It's a very traditional Latvian instrument - the oldest ones found in the territory of Latvia were made from bone, 4000 to 5000 years ago. It has a big part in Latvian culture - similarly to how children in America often learn the recorder in school, kids in Latvia often learn to play the stabule. The stabule isn't quite as screechy sounding as the recorder though, it's a little more soft and melodic. Teodors actually spends a lot of his free time, even during the season, practicing playing the stabule - even sometimes in the locker room between periods, as it helps him calm down and stay focused. The ones he makes though? He gives them away to his friends. In fact, whenever a new teammate steps into the Elk locker room, the first thing he does is give them a stabule. It's his way of sharing a bit of his culture with the people he cares about.

Passion. I thought I knew passion once. I was in love with a girl, Egwene al'Vere. Her father owns and inn and her mother makes the best bread in the Two Rivers. We were besotted once, deeply in love or so we thought. Passion and side projects are for people with a time and who aren't forced into a destiny. Playing hockey and being good at it is simply one of my many trials leading up to my duel with the dark one. Passion is for people with a future not going mad from the Said'in, the male side of the one power. Passion is for people who know that the fate of the world and all it's inhabitants aren't on their back, and they don't have to worry while somebody else takes the infinite burden and ultimate sacrifice of dealing with this problem. But also I like to read books about how doomed I am and my prophecies.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Billy Brooks love hiking. He wants to spend his summer doing some active but also extremely fun and good for the mind. He has picked out a good number of national parks across Canada and the United States that he wants to hike through and see the sights off. He marked all of them off and set out on a road trip to see every last one during his 8 glorious weeks of summer. He has had a blast doing them really excited to tell his teammates and family the stories and things he saw while out in the great wide open. Some of his favorite national parks so far have been Zion National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Teddy Roosevelt National Park, and Banff National Park. These places are beautiful, and they have so much history and life in them that is crazy not to love them. Billy is so happy he did this trip to supply himself over the summer, and he is excited to start the new hockey season come a few more weeks!

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]