Create Account

TEX needs a GM (memoir)

making a response since I guess I have to

I thought about making the post, then went to sleep since I knew I was too mad, and then got up in the morning and then discovered more about what happened and got annoyed again. My team was pissed and I just said what they were thinking. I’ve never backed down from an argument, and I’m sorry about the knock-on effects of what happened, but I stand by the post. That’s all. I don’t ever intend to force people out of the league.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Hopefully for your sanity's sake you'll actually get to quit GMIng and not get sucked back into it lol.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

08-17-2022, 08:13 PMboom Wrote: making a response since I guess I have to

I thought about making the post, then went to sleep since I knew I was too mad, and then got up in the morning and then discovered more about what happened and got annoyed again. My team was pissed and I just said what they were thinking. I’ve never backed down from an argument, and I’m sorry about the knock-on effects of what happened, but I stand by the post. That’s all. I don’t ever intend to force people out of the league.

I don't think anyone should be looking to your post about the playoff call-up as the sole reason for Yagoyi's departure from TEX. There are several legitimate grievances surrounding that move that are being addressed by SHL and SMJHL HO, and they've addressed the issue in the short term and are looking into the circumstances before making any further decisions. We all owe it to them to give HO time to assess what else, if anything, needs to be done, based on information nobody here has.

I'm a GM for QCC, and a player for QCC. I'm still very much upset by a move that appeared to be targeted at giving my J team a competitive disadvantage in a playoff match against Yagoyi's J team, and at the abuse of power that it would mean if it was as targeted and malicious as it appeared. While the use of the Thunderdome in general is already a heated topic, I don't think your comments surrounding that incident were out of line or based in anything other than the facts that were visible to us at the time. 

All of that being said, this is still an ongoing matter, and we should respectfully shut the hell up about it while the powers that be discuss it further. We can be frustrated about legitimate grievances and also thankful for the hard work that our GMs put into their teams, especially the very difficult rebuild that Yagoyi has led for TEX. Attacking each other over different perceptions of events that have happened over the past day don't do anyone any good, and this is not the thread to do it in.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

08-17-2022, 08:25 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: All of that being said, this is still an ongoing matter, and we should respectfully shut the hell up about it while the powers that be discuss it further.

^

[Image: lespoils.gif]

08-17-2022, 08:41 PMlespoils Wrote:
08-17-2022, 08:25 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: All of that being said, this is still an ongoing matter, and we should respectfully shut the hell up about it while the powers that be discuss it further.

^
^

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

amen ramen amen

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 09:57 PM by spooked.)

08-17-2022, 07:57 PMEvok Wrote:
08-17-2022, 07:38 PMspooked Wrote: If you're talking about sunazzo they were dropped a month ago

Where please? Looking at the player name it doesnt seems to be done. Its not in contract change thread, cant find a trade, still on tex roster subforum and on their official shl budget.

muted found this post where he is dropped (GM office access needed): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3240889

I don't really understand everything that happened, but yeah just the 5 minutes I looked into it, it seems like some of the publicly available info isn't up to date or the Texas roster was out of sync with what the team thought they had

08-17-2022, 08:13 PMboom Wrote: making a response since I guess I have to

It is almost always better to talk about these things in private instead of hoisting a member into the fire, especially if the action you're upset about could have just been an honest mistake or oversight.

Man that was kinda hard to read. I feel for you and I understand that it's hard to live with the expectations to make a good team and all the criticisms you had to deal with.

TEX is in good hand with Cap and I will try to get the team back to its glory days with our current prospects and those who will get drafted in the next weeks.

Hope to see you again with a new player being at 100% mentally (and physically).

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

08-17-2022, 09:56 PMspooked Wrote:
08-17-2022, 07:57 PMEvok Wrote: Where please? Looking at the player name it doesnt seems to be done. Its not in contract change thread, cant find a trade, still on tex roster subforum and on their official shl budget.

muted found this post where he is dropped (GM office access needed): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3240889

I don't really understand everything that happened, but yeah just the 5 minutes I looked into it, it seems like some of the publicly available info isn't up to date or the Texas roster was out of sync with what the team thought they had

Yeah basically every public access / info to, in my opinion, kinda finalise the drop, never happened. Like even no other gm would have realised they could sign that player if they wanted to since it was never moved to FA as well. but well, that's other problems, but thanks for the info.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Sorry to see you go like this, @Yagoyi. You were always good to me and to see you bullied out of your GM position/this league, hurts.
Thank you for all you've done in Texas, I appreciate all the time and effort you dedicated towards this team and this site.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

boooo! no fun!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Abolish the Thunderdome.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother