Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

Being a fan of the Flyers, I've got a lot to pick from here... I could talk about the Lindros for 17 million players and equally as many picks, them trading away Patrick Sharp to the Blackhawks or them trading Justin Williams to the Canes. Instead I'll talk about the time the Flyers gave up a young, promising goalie who had a rough first playoff run for three picks. A bit of history here... The Flyers during the early 2000's had some of the best regular season goaltending play of their history. Roman Čechmánek put up absolutely top class numbers during the regular season but ultimately always faltered in the playoffs during his Flyers career. I think this seemed to be a bit of deja vu for the Flyers brass and after Bob's first playoff run ending in equally disappointing fashion after a great regular season, they decided to pull the trigger and get some value out of him "while they still could". Sergei Bobrovski was 23 at the time and would go on to win two Vezina trophies. 

184 words

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 05:16 PM by goldenglutes. Edited 1 time in total.)

i think the worst trade that the atlanta inferno made was definitely when they traded away all those players in order to fit under the new cap rules that were imposed or were they regression rules i donut remember but like yeah we had to trade like 3 max earners away it was very tragic i think we probably could have won a few more cups if that hadnt had happened it was very sadge very smoge not a good time for anyone other than the opponents of the atlanta inferno holy shit doing these point tasks on my phone is the worst! i donut like doing this! please how are we only at 110 words! yikes! um second place for worst trades would be when we traded guy zheng to the calgary dragons yuck what a bad trade @hotdog why would you do that and then he was traded to the toronto north stars too what a bizarre final season for the guy. @micool132 probably loved not having guy around though

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I’d say the worst trade my (2nd favorite) team has made was probably Tanner Jeannot for a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, a 3rd round pick, a 4th round pick, a 5th round pick and former 1st round pick Cal Foote (I have a strong recency bias). Tanner Jeannot, while representing a cost controlled, physical forward that has some sense of the game, does not match the value of almost an entire year of draft picks AND a youngish defenceman that has some potential to become a solid 3rd pairing blueliner. If we look closer at the last few trades that happened in the league, Alex Newhook was traded for a late first round pick, an early second round pick and an AHL defenceman for the contract spot in Gianni Fairbrother. Even if we consider Foote to be equal to Fairbrother, and if we consider the Tampa Bay 2nd and 3rd to be worth the earlier 2nd round pick Montreal gave up, Tampa still paid more to acquire a worse player with less room to grow! To make matters worse, they then acquired said early 2nd round pick for ROSS COLTON, a physical and hard working premium bottom 6 forward. We have to consider the salarial side of things but still, trading a 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounders and more for Jeannot shouldn't have been something even CONSIDERED for Tampa Bay.

232 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Prompt 2

REG-CAR was a fun little back and forth this past season, I wanted to see how we got there.

That was a mistake.

Red are downward branches that I didn't consider "tree"

Green are picks yet to be made

click to enlarge i guess

[Image: image.png]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

pbe pt

[Image: abby_1.jpg]

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

The Vancouver Canucks are a franchise mired with misery and disappointment throughout its 53 years as a National Hockey League team. Even with this long history, one of its worst moments came just a couple of years ago in July of 2021. The Canucks traded Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, the 9th overall pick, a second round pick, and a seventh round in exchange for Oliver Ekman Larsson and Conor Garland. The Canucks had targeted Ekman-Larsson, the Swedish defenseman who had arguably the worst contract in the entire league, banking that his poor play in recent seasons was a symptom of a poor Coyotes team. In doing so, they traded away any cap flexibility they had for the upcoming seasons. It was a huge gamble, and one the Canucks weren't in a position to make. Two seasons on, and Ekman Larsson is the recipient of the biggest buyout in league history.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

I can't really think of a trade that tomen did that sucks... as much as I like to give him shit, he is pretty great at what he does. However, Boy oh fucking boy, can we talk about Ken Holland's general managing tenure with the Detroit Red Wings, my favorite NHL team. Ever heard of Kyle Quincey? Yeah, he sucked. He was awful. Yeah, sure, 25 year playoff streak, okay... but when it's time to rebuild, it is time to rebuild. Kenny Holland did not get this (some say it was the owner, Marion Illitch, who was close to death and wanted to keep the rebuild alive, but who knows for sure). Anyway, long story short, Kenny wanted to keep the playoff streak alive so he traded the Wings' first round pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for Kyle Quincey. Quincey would go on to be a defensive liability and amass 48 points in 256 games. Awful. Dude sucked. ALSO THE FUCKING FIRST ROUND PICK THAT KENNY TRADED TO TAMPA WAS USED TO PICK ANDREI FUCKING VASILEVSKIY.... HEARD OF HIM???

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Affiliate PT - PBE

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

PBE Affiliate

RIP Mac & 701

PBE Affiliate

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Prompt 1

Oh man trades. To be honest I would love to pick one from the site itself, but I can't remember a specific trade with full details, and digging the 3 firsts for McZ isn't really interesting for me since it would take a long time to find. I think the easy one that kind of goes under the radar for my favorite NHL team is when the Ottawa Senators traded for Bobby Ryan in 2013. The trade itself looks pretty tame in the history books. The Sens gave the ducks Jakob Silfverberg, who has been in Anaheim ever since and put up a respectable but not outstanding career really, and added in Stefan Noesen who never did anything in Anaheim and was lost for nothing a few seasons later, as well as a first in 2014, which the ducks used to pick Nick Ritchie who also kind of fizzled out in Anaheim. The irony of the trade is that both teams kind of lost... The Ducks didn't really end up with anything other than a single middle-NHL forward who did have some good performances in the post season at least, wasting the rest of the assets, while the Sens ended up with a few good seasons from probably the best player in the trade (by a narrow margin really when you look at the raw stats), but are STILL PAYING HIM for the pleasure after he has gone through numerous challenges both physical and mental throughout his career and ended up being a cap liability by the end of his career. I think this might be one trade where I would prefer it had never happened, not because I hate Bobby Ryan, but just because it never really worked out for anyone at all.

Prompt 1

The Boston Bruins have been around for a long, long, long time. In all that history, they have made some tremendously good trades, like trading Andrew Raycroft for Tuukka Rask. They have also made a ton of very head-scratching trades as well, particularly in recent years under General Manager Peter Chiarelli. The Bruins have managed to build a strong group of core players, but as is always the problem, that group of players begins to wear down due to injury or just regular age (unless you're Zdeno Chara). So what you need is to infuse that core with quality youth players that can develop and take over. Tyler Seguin should have been that star player that worked alongside Bergeron and Marchand to carry the Bruins into the future. Instead they traded him for Louis Eriksson, who was basically mediocre or trash for most of his career with Boston. The real value of the deal with the Bruins shedding some bad contracts, but they were the ones that offered the contracts in the first place. Its like realizing you have a hole in a boat so you toss away your bucket to lighten the load. There was also some other players and draft picks, but none of them turned into anything so what's the point? Prior to the last couple seasons, Seguin was close to a point-per-game player, and might have helped the Bruins win some of those Cup finals.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about your favorite trade tree! This can either be in the SHL or in real professional hockey, and does not have to involve your team.

Trades can be very devestating for teams if they give up too many different assets and the player they may have overpaid for doesn't work out and leads to the team having a very rough time for many, many, many years to come. My favorite National Hockey League team is located in Columbus, Ohio and are called the Columbus Blue Jackets. They became a team at the turn of the millenium in the year 2000. They struggled to field a good team for very many years and went through a multitude of coaches. My favorite trade they ever made was when they traded for Vezina Award winner Sergei Bobrovsky from the Philadelphia Flyers for what was looking back now, a bunch of nobodies. Bobrovsky won a lot of games for the organization and turned around what had been a bad franchise for years almost immediately. He also won a Vezina as a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Words: 160

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

Prompt 1

Patya today want to talk about team called Columbus Blue Jackets. Payta not usually having too many issues with trades they am making, but Patya today want to talk about one that bother him. Patya very sad when they trade player named Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle for pretty much nothing. Oliver Bjorkstrand much good forward and the reason they am have to trade him is for sign silly defenseman Erik Gudbranson to 4-year deal at $4 million per. This seem like much steep premium for good locker room man who is much large for ragdoll peoples but otherwise be pylon. Patya saying his value much inflated from having one decent year with Calgary Flames in year when Calgary am having many points before completely implode. Anyway, Patya like this team and am missing the man they call maestro very much. Patya hoping he have good career in Seattle and Patya also happy he already seeing much more playoffs than Blue Jackets am been seeing lately. Lastly, in Jarmo we trust.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]