Create Account

S72 PT #2: Aliens Amongus #sus

So this was always one of my favorite prank things that could be done back when I was still playing, and I think it’s mostly just fun and games for everyone involved. I think that the way I would get back at our team’s mascot, assuming it wasn’t something like Gritty, would be to go simple to start with by putting clear tape on the skate blades. That’s always a sneaky one that most people wouldn’t notice and most people aren’t checking their skate blades for anything like that before they go out on the ice. Of course, there is always a chance it needs to get increased in terms of how things are prank wise, I would probably get together with a few guys on the team to come up with a good way to get back at the mascot. The hard part would be not wanting to damage the mascot costume as I’m sure those are both hard to repair and hard to clean.

WC: 166

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

player prompt

not gonna lie it's kinda lame that the mascot is picking on me for a prank, and that it has to be one as tedious as all of my equipment wrapped in duct tape. to get back, i would put some kind of adhesive on a wall, pick up the mascot and make him stick to the wall, making sure his feet are off the ground. then i would have everyone on the team throw on a piece of duct tape on to his body so he stays up on the wall. In real life, my elementary school principal and vice principal used to do this to themselves, they would let kids put on a piece of tape as a schoolwide reward for hitting a donation milestone for a fundraiser event. It's kinda strange but was fun for us as kids, and would probably be fun for me and my teammates to do to the mascot. I figure it has to be something with duct tape, it's only fair

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 04:12 PM by Coburnicus87. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Task: The aliens have learned the game thanks to your tutelage, but have now been challenged to a playoff series by General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire. Your team will, perhaps obviously, be at a size disadvantage, but you're very sure the Sarris players have never had a real coach and just watched the movie Goon several hundred times. How will you coach your plucky undersized extraterrestrial friends to victory?

We have been hitting the ice hard these past couple weeks. As some of the little fellas are learning how to stay upright and stop, we are staring to look more and more as a team. Upon receiving the playoff challenge from the General, our coach has transitioned the focus from skating technique to stick handling and positioning. As in the movie Goon, our players are not equipped to handle violence. However, I think our guys will be agile and frisky enough to evade Kul'Garath's testosterone driven and "fight"ready goons, to victory. I see us winning a commanding 5-2 over General Kul'Garath, sending him shamefully back to the Sarris galaxy post haste!

WC: 123

In the impending intergalactic playoff series against the Sarris Star Empire, our Earth hockey team, albeit smaller in size, possesses a unique advantage – a well-coached strategy versus the Sarris players' Goon-inspired tactics. To secure victory, we've devised a compact yet potent game plan. Firstly, our undersized team will emphasize skillful gameplay over brawn. Precision passing, strategic decision-making, and nimble maneuvers will be our hallmarks. Exploiting the Sarris players' reliance on movie-derived tactics, we'll anticipate and counter their predictable moves, capitalizing on their aggression. Our focus on conditioning and speed will amplify our agility advantage. Swift navigation, adept dodging, and rapid goal attempts will keep the Sarris players off balance. Robust team defense will be pivotal; synchronized formations, shot-blocking, and play disruption will deter their attacks.Employing psychological tactics, we'll subtly undermine their confidence, highlighting their lack of genuine coaching. This mental edge could sway momentum in our favor. Adaptability is our secret weapon – closely monitoring their gameplay, we'll swiftly innovate if they catch on to our initial approach.

In this cosmic clash, our underdog status will become a source of strength, driving us to prove that technique and teamwork can conquer size. With a comprehensive strategy, our plucky extraterrestrial team will paint a story of triumph on the interstellar ice, etching our place in hockey history.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Story Mode

If this rag tag group of undersized extraterrestrials expects to succeed against the Sarris Star Empire team they are going to need two things: trick plays and Lucic level ball attacks. For the first prong of our battle plan I will rent every sports movie that also revolves around a rag tag group of misfits going up against an unstoppable team. Of course, baseball trick plays will not translate exactly to hockey, but these big brained ETs will get the general idea. The biggest plus for this side of the strategy is getting to hear “THE GOALIE!” in whatever language the Sarris coach speaks. For when the trick plays stop working, the little guys need to start hacking the bone. Sarris players must have some delicate areas somewhere on their bodies. Plan B is just start slashing, spearing, clawing, biting, whatever. The old downstairs rearrangement will level even the mightiest of us. If neither of these plans seems to be working, I will dangle some sob story about a little kid writing letters to the ET team for a last minute motivator.
(182)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 09:56 PM by DigDoug11.)

Prompt 1

After having just learned all the rules to the game, the aliens are very nervous after learning that General-Khagan wants his team to play them. Especially after learning that their only knowledge of the game is from a movie that they have never seen.  So Trevor thinks it seems fitting to start practice with a film, Goon to be more precise, and then we will watch Goon 2.  Trevor knows that this will terrify the aliens even more, but Trevor has a plan.  Knowing that the General's only knowledge of the game is from a movie and just a little time on the ice, his plan is to beat them using the fundamentals.  Since size is all that they have for them, we can use our speed and elusiveness to evade the other team.  As long as the aliens can stay out of reach of the other team this should lead to their victory over the General.  I just pray that one of the General's Goons doesn't get ahold of one of the aliens as it wouldn't end well for them

181 words

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Hugh knew the story about the mascot be the culprit was total crap as the Spector are too cheap to pay for having a mascot. As described in the other TPE task the Spector just have a photographer walk around the area and take pictures with fans standing next to nothing. This nothingness is just simple referred to their mascot Ghosty but Ghosty cannot be photographed and can only be seen by people with the sixth sense. A real genius move, for a company that does not want to invest in a real mascot and the headaches that come with it. Therefore, he knew this was in absolutely horse crap that the mascot had his gear all wrapped in unholy amounts of duct tape. Please. It took Hugh about a solid 0.3 seconds for him to figure out what happened. Clearly this was bad prank done by Walt "Clyde" Frazier no question about it. What a jerk.

Words~158

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 10:44 PM by raymond3000.)

Wait, aliens are real? I must have missed that prompt last week. Putting aside this world shattering revelation of extra terrestial life being not just real, but here in the flesh on Earth, I have been tasked with coaching this alien team in a a matchup against the Sarris Star Empire (who are they... another alien species?). I hear the Sarris players are all gigantic monsters, all outsizing even the largest of my team. And they are obsessed with hooligan side of the sport. That will certainly be a challenge, but hockey is more than a game of size. Skill usually triumphs, and fighting is a thing of the past, at least here on Earth. I must focus on ensuring my team leverages our speed and skill advantage over these mysterious Sarris players. With this solid game plan, and our indomitable power of friendship there is no chance we will ever lose in this game.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

One beautiful morning in the state of Maine. I'm walking to practice enjoying the breath of fresh hair and can't wait to train hard for the upcoming season. After Getting prepared, I open my stall to find all my equipment covered in duct tape. My first thought was that maybe the team decided to do this! Then I was skating through the ice in the warm up, and the coach was smirking at me. My second thought was that possibly the coach did it. But that is impossible, Coach is a very serious hockey person. I was actually thinking he'd be mad at me for even being late! Later on through the practice. My water runs out so I get off the ice to refill it. As I was passing through all the locker rooms I looked inside ours and found the mascot wrapping duct tape around the captains equipment. Ah Ha!

[Image: KxB-_pyaGdotGz4wz5zW8E1eJpLGSxKSfSaosHJ1...9WDrQNFXbo][b][Image: y2zog1KMN5gVo_tQlYOHENY-1t0EKrR8WSNTQOai...e5XmoR61WI][/b]

Embracing the challenge, I rally my plucky, undersized extraterrestrial team, armed with newfound Ho'Kii skills. Recognizing the Sarris players' reliance on movie tactics, I focus on strategy, agility, and precise teamwork. We drill unconventional maneuvers, exploiting our nimbleness to outmaneuver their size advantage. Our training revolves around quick passes, strategic positioning, and exploiting gaps in their rudimentary defense. Drawing from Ho'Kii's rich nuances, we craft a unique playing style, emphasizing finesse over brute force. We study their movie-inspired patterns, countering with unpredictable plays that exploit their predictable strategies. To boost morale, I channel Ho'Kii's spirit, fostering camaraderie and unwavering determination. As the playoff series begins, we maintain a swift pace, conserving energy and using agility to control the puck. Our unorthodox techniques bewilder the Sarris, and their lack of true coaching becomes evident. As we secure the first victory, confidence soars. The Sarris, reliant on cinematic clichés, struggle to adapt. Our teamwork and calculated maneuvers lead to a thrilling series. With each win, we prove that skill surpasses size, and true coaching prevails over mere movie mimicry. As the final game approaches, we stand on the brink of an improbable victory, united by strategy, heart, and the love for a game that transcends dimensions.

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Prompt 1

General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire has NOTHING on Leon Rizzton and his misfit group of hockey loving aliens. A playoff match would be easy. Sure, his team may not have a size advantage, but size isn't everything. As long as the aliens do as Leon taught them - to use their bodies to block shots - this should be easy. Although, in order to win in the playoffs, you have to score goals, so the Rizzler has some more teaching to do.

"How do you score goals in hockey?" Rizzton even asks himself. He only has 5 goals in his junior career. Offense isn't his forte, and he prioritizes defense. Leon had to get creative. Because his crew is much smaller, he decided to teach the aliens how to deke the opponents. Being smaller, they're faster. Speeding and outworking General-Khagan Kul'Garath's crew to get past their defense and score, and also block and defend any shots they shoot at them, should be enough to beat them. It's not just about outscoring the opponent, but beating them with strategy, since General-Khagan Kul'Garath probably only knows how to play hockey through hitting and shooting.

[Image: rizzton.png]
Leon Rizzton - Defenseman - Timber  - Sig made by KaleSalad!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 11:57 PM by MikeLiut.)

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Defenseman Tommi Koivu of the Hamilton Steelhawks stared at his gear in disbelief. His once neatly arranged equipment was now a chaotic mess, bound together by layers of duct tape, courtesy of Hamilton the Steelhawk, the team's mischievous mascot. Tommi's eyes narrowed as he surveyed the scene. A prank war had just been declared.
Determined to exact his revenge, Tommi hatched a plan. The following morning, he arrived at the rink earlier than anyone else. Swiftly, he enlisted the help of his teammates, setting up an elaborate trap. They filled a large bucket with confetti and glitter, balanced precariously on top of the locker room door. They even attached a string to the handle, ensuring the moment of vengeance would be captured on video.
As practice ended, the team retreated to the locker room, laughter and camaraderie filling the air. Tommi strategically positioned himself underneath the bucket, waiting for the perfect moment. Just as Hamilton the Steelhawk swung the door open, the bucket tipped, and a cascade of glitter and confetti engulfed the mischievous mascot.
The locker room erupted in cheers and laughter as Hamilton tried to shake off the glitter, his feathers a sparkling mess. Tommi grinned triumphantly, his revenge executed flawlessly. From that day on, a truce was declared in the prank war, and a newfound respect blossomed between the defenseman and the mischievous mascot.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Written Task: The aliens have learned the game thanks to your tutelage, but have now been challenged to a playoff series by General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire. Your team will, perhaps obviously, be at a size disadvantage, but you're very sure the Sarris players have never had a real coach and just watched the movie Goon several hundred times. How will you coach your plucky undersized extraterrestrial friends to victory?

Well our new celestial overlords have now learned the commoners game. As we already stated previous they are quite sensitive to cold weather so they have engineered suits so they will be able to maintain safe body temperatures. This does give the impression that we are a physically weak team but fear not because we know how this is going to work. It will start with the team coming together and trying their best. We might lose a few games in the round robin and get down on ourselves. Its that point where we need..........you guessed it a montage.

Only with the power of a montage will our plucky extraterrestrial deities bring home the cup we so dearly earned. Well maybe earned isn't the right word but you get that they deserve some sort of recognition for all the work they have put in over these previous couple of days and blue ribbons are not going to cut it!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights