Create Account

S72 PT #2: Aliens Amongus #sus

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Aliens Amongus

Written Task: The aliens have learned the game thanks to your tutelage, but have now been challenged to a playoff series by General-Khagan Kul'Garath of the Sarris Star Empire. Your team will, perhaps obviously, be at a size disadvantage, but you're very sure the Sarris players have never had a real coach and just watched the movie Goon several hundred times. How will you coach your plucky undersized extraterrestrial friends to victory?

Graphic option: draw your player showing their alien buddies the plan. This can be Xs and Os, a diagram of how to slew-foot without getting caught, anything vaguely on topic.

Player Prompt: Morning Mayhem

Written Task: You enter your stall one morning before an early practice and find your gear all wrapped in unholy amounts of duct tape. Nothing was actually damaged, and your coach doesn't acknowledge your lateness in getting on the ice, beyond trying not to smile. A brief investigation of your team's Xitter feed reveals the mascot as the culprit.

How do you get back at your mascot? Remember, this is a prank duel to drive social media engagement! Don't hurt your mascot or permanently prevent them from doing their job!

Graphic option: show me your genius counter-stroke!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, August 14th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S73, that's not you.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Like I mentioned in my mPT for this week, Great Falls’ mascot is a real live Grizzly bear. Our Bear actually just starred in the hit film “Cocaine Bear” in which he portrayed the titular Cocaine Bear. He was a natural for this job due to him usually being coked out anyways. When I saw my gear wrapped in duct tape, I knew that it had to be that damned bear. Nobody else would do such a devious and inconvenient act. I knew just the way to get back at the mascot Mr Bear. Honestly, I was getting really tired of the wild animal smell in the locker room and was also tired of seeing animals outside the arena get mauled to death, so I devised a pretty simple plan to rid myself and the local wildlife of our coked out bear. I simply replaced his normal coke stash with some coke laced with Fentanyl. Deaths via Fentanyl have been on the rise and this is a very serious and sad situation but I believe that I did what was right to protect not only my gear but also our fans and the wildlife.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Morning Mayhem prompt:

Alexandros Mograine is not much of a prankster and loves the little spinny squidlett mascot. Seeing that it was all in good hearted fun Alexandros has decided to the kill it with kindness approach proceeding to give it a nice bath, and new hoodie and some nice fresh fish to eat. On the flip side because the team did know about it, I would then go ahead and duct tape the entire team’s equipment together, without damaging it of course. Next would be the coach who knew it would happen, they will have to enjoy a car ride home with a car full of CAR spinny squidlett plushies. I know that the revenge should be on the mascot but there is no way I could do anything to the adorable little guy. I guess now I will have to wait for the full revenge of the team and coaching staff in the future, sleep with one eye open for a little bit.

With Boots at gunpoint, he tries to explain that he didn't bring a weapon. 
"It's a hockey stick! You use it to pass the puck back and forth to your teammates or to shoot the-"

A fire like shot comes quickly and leaves a small flame on his backyard grass that he was once sipping beer from before all this started.

"We tAke ShotS tOoo" says the Alien with the blaster. Boots quickly realizes he shouldn't have said the word shoot. 

"YoU aRe ComInG wItH uS HuMannn" says the other alien as Boots is grabbed by his collar. The aliens throw Boots aboard and they take off. 

CUT TO ALIEN PLANET AND SOME SORT OF ALIEN RINK

Boots is kicked out of his containment cell and left in front of other humans. One he recognizes as @Vaxlare Zayne Dangle! Have they been capturing Hockey players? How long have they been at this? They are thrown hockey sticks and make shift hockey equipment. Much more technical looking than anything he's ever seen before. The sticks are incredibly heavy.

"Gear up and get on the... Ice...." says a suited up Alien Boots has never seen before. The players are being held up with some other suited up aliens with some scary looking weapons so they all quickly figure out how to put on this hockey gear. "We are playing the Sarris Star Empire. They are big, but we have means to take care of them. Get out there and warm up!" The suited up Alien seems to be the coach and has a pretty good grasp of the english language somehow. The players get out on the....Ice? It looks like ice but something is off. As they step out, their skates light up with lasers on the edges instead of skate blades. Boots moves around and is surprised how well they actually feel like ice skates but would be terrified to step out on this surface in anything else.

The Sarris Star Empire get on the ice. They are big and weird and scary. Another alien teammate with a C sewed on his jersey comes up next to Boots just before the game starts and points to his wrist. On his equipment he has 4 buttons, symbols that he doesn't recognize at all, but recognizes their importance. The Captain alien takes center ice against the big Sarris Star Empire Alien. As the Referee drops the Puck like object, The captain reaches for his wrist and the opponent is flung back with a sudden firework like explosion! The Captain passes the puck to Boots. Can they win the game against the Sarris Star Empire with tricks like this? What if they lose? We'll have to find out next time.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Morning Mayhem:

In order to get back at the Elk, Morley hides in wait in the mascot's stall for them to return after a hard day of mascotting. The plan is an elaborate one but will pay dividends in the social media game should he pull it off. After mounting a hidden trail cam near the entrance to the Elk's stall, Morley hides in wait behind the door. Once the Elk appears, before they can undress, Morley attacks. He leaps on to the back of the Elk in his full uniform, catching the Elk completely by surprise. As he thrashes about, the trail cam snaps several pictures. It looks like a scene out of a rodeo. Morley holding on for "deer" life while grinning from ear to ear for the camera. Once these photos of Morley asserting his dominance on the Elk are posted on social media, the internet won't be able to stop talking about it.

(155 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Creative Prompt

In order to coach the aliens to success I will enlist the help of an old teammate, Narboza Manyhands. Not only will Manyhands be able to provide their long-term experience communicating with both humans and extraterrestrials, but their many hands can be used to draw tactics on whiteboards for multiple players and strategies at once. Since Sardaang is a well-respected alien empire, the extraterrestrials on the team will know to listen diligently to Manyhands' tactics. The aliens will also draw from their experience in galactic trade and wars with other alien empires and apply their knowledge of those topics to the much simpler game of hockey. Contrary to what the PT title might suggest, the one thing that I will avoid doing while co-coaching the aliens with Manyhands is to make pop culture references to the hit game Among Us. The aliens will find the little characters and ideas such as venting and sus too funny so they'll be distracted from learning the team's strategy.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Player Prompt

After knowing the it was the mascot fault, Dionne know he had to do something about it. He don't want him to loose his job so it will be some minors pranks.

First, he will put some pad tape (the transparent one) on the blade of the skate of the mascot. That way when he will enter the ice, he will automatically fall because there will be no contact between the blade and the ice. It's like still wearing protective blade.

Another one, he will stick a message on the back of the mascot so he won't see it. Something like «hit me behind the knee» so some people will hit him and his knee will bind when he will not expect it. Personally it's very frustrating when someone do this. One to punch him in the face, but well can't do that in public haha!

For the last one, Dionne will put some onions or something that smell awfull just before the mascot will enter in the costume. It's gonna be hot in there so all the «flavor» will get worst and everyone will smell him and will try to get away from him.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

PBE AFfiliate

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Player Prompt:

Videl Valor is not a fan of getting pranked, and when she found out that the mascot was the one responsible for the taping incident, she knew not only knew who the person behind the suit was, but also how to retaliate against them.

The first move that Videl does is to expose who the mascot is by vandalizing their car. She first posts photos of the mascot, who is revealed to be former player and current assistant coach Ville Kurri. Also, Videl spray paints on Kurri’s car a message that reads: "You shouldn’t have left New Orleans in the first place", in reference to Kurri’s choice to ring chase by signing with Toronto in S67. The final move is to "retire" the mascot for good, by stealing the suit, putting it on a boat, lighting it on fire, and then told Kurri to be more mature and train the next generation of players because the team has been struggling.
(163 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE

Petr is used to the field of battle, and thus the only answer to the Star Empire's violence, is more violence! Size is no deterrence, let only the size of our hearts and will overrun our enemies! If our opponents choose to make use of their goon strategies, then we will counter their play with Slapshot-isms! Blood will flow and turn the ice red! The victory of the Czech side... er, I mean the alien team I am coaching along without any personal goals or secret objectives in mind, is at hand! The death of the Sarris Star Empire shall be the first stone on the path to victory! Once our opponents have less than six players, the battle shall be forfeit! We will be victorious! Onwards to the SHL! The SMJHL! The IIHF! All shall kneel before our might, and we shall have my-I mean our prize! A gold medal!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]