Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management

our strategy for this next game is going to be simple, pucks. on. net. theres no way shitty little mice are going to be able to cover the entire goal so shoot hard and shoot often. how are they going to stop that? even if they get in the way the puck is going to absolutely obliterate them. as soon as you get the puck in a scoring area, let er rip. follow your shots and look for any rebounds that could somehow happen. collect that garbage and throw it right back where it came from. i want to see multiple attempts every time you have offensive zone time. i dont want to see this passing around, looking for the perfect opportunity crap. i dont care what you have to do, i wanna see that shot tracker be up over 50, hell up over 100 even. shoot the damn puck!

[150 words]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

ISFL affiliate

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid725928

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 11:12 PM by JMacNCheese.)

Quote:CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Shoe On The Other Appendage

Written Task: After your stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponents, you find yourself and your team of plucky aliens challenged by mice of unusual IQ. After a long-winded explanation of how they built the Earth as a supercomputer to yield the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, they want to experience this game that has emerged on their experimental planet. This time, your team has the size and strength advantage, but your opponents are very quick and have absurd hockey IQ. What's your game plan to win this time?

Facing off against the hyper-intelligent mice in this unexpected game, our strategy would focus on exploiting our size and strength advantages while countering their quickness with precision teamwork. We'd establish a solid defensive structure that capitalizes on our physical attributes to protect our goal. Effective communication would be crucial, allowing us to anticipate their moves and counter their absurd hockey IQ. To counter their speed, we'd emphasize smart positioning and strategic passing. By maintaining control of the puck and spreading out across the ice, we'd create passing lanes that allow us to move the puck quickly and unpredictably. Our goal would be to force them into making split-second decisions, disrupting their rhythm and exploiting any openings.

Additionally, we'd employ a mix of physicality and finesse to disrupt their gameplay. Our size advantage would come into play during board battles and in front of their net, creating chaos and opportunities for rebounds. Simultaneously, we'd use our own understanding of the game to outmaneuver their quickness and exploit any weaknesses in their defensive formations.

Ultimately, our game plan would hinge on a balanced approach that leverages our size, strength, teamwork, and understanding of hockey dynamics. By adapting our strategy in real-time based on their moves and exploiting their unorthodox playing style, we'd aim to secure victory while showcasing our own prowess on the ice.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

isfl affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Hock Prompt Written Task: Here is my step by step plan:

Step 1: The Mascot's Cryptic Messages
A few days before the prank, the team's mascot will start posting cryptic messages on social media platforms, teasing an upcoming surprise. These messages will hint at chaos, disruption, and something out of the ordinary happening soon, piquing the curiosity of fans and media alike.

Step 2: The "Injury" Announcement
On the day of the prank, the team's official social media accounts will post a seemingly serious injury announcement about the star player. The announcement will state that the player suffered a bizarre injury during an unconventional training regimen. Use humorous wording to keep it light-hearted, but not too over the top, so fans will still be concerned for the player's well-being.

Step 3: The Press Conference
The GM will hold an impromptu press conference, appearing visibly distressed about the situation. They will discuss the seriousness of the incident and their efforts to address it. However, their demeanor will slowly shift from concern to bemusement, hinting at something unusual.

Step 4: The Reveal
In the middle of the press conference, the mascot will burst into the room wearing a cast and bandages, hamming up the injury with exaggerated gestures. The mascot will explain how their crazy training idea went awry, causing the "injury." The GM will feign surprise and eventually join in the laughter.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Player Prompt
As the teams GM we’re going to have some fun pranking all of our players to really spice up the locker room. For starters, with Mr. Just To Buy My Love we’re going to take his skates, and slightly loosen all the screws on the fastening so that he is wobbly and will fall over more during practice which would be funny. Then we need to prank the rookies, like for example Mac Turner. He drives a pickup truck with the bed covered up, so when he was skating at practice the other day, myself and the mascot stole his keys and filled the bed up with those plastic balls and when they poured out he got really mad at us and rugby tackled the mascot in the parking lot. Finally, to get at one of the old veterans, we decided to frame the previous GM for tax evasion in Croatia so that he’s currently wanted and being actively hunted by the government. The mascot and I are prank masters.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

The sign of a great prank is not only the degree of execution or the amount of laughs But ensuring the one who is pranked to be able to smile at the end of the day is what changes a terrible attempt at humour to a prank.

And with that, what could be ideal is mounting a team wide series of complains of missing paychecks to the GM. It'd start as comments who would refer to things missing here and there.

And then it would cumulate to a point where players would be come visibly distressed and discussing their future with the organization.

To the outside there wouldn't be anything amiss. Yet to the GM it would be a series of fires that needs to be put out and nonstop worry on their part to figure out what's going on.

At the end of it even while following the financial trail it turns out there was money from the players but instead donated to the GM's charity of choice.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2023, 12:38 AM by damienj10.)

Me and our mascot, Mr poutine eater Montreal patriot!, are teaming up for an epic prank mission, and we've got the green light from everyone in charge, except for our target – our GM. Here's the scoop on our devious plan: We're going to turn our GM's office into a jungle oasis overnight. We'll hang up fake vines, set up plush jungle animals, and even play jungle sounds when they enter.

Now, to make sure this prank goes viral on social media, we've got a plan. First, we're going to document the whole transformation process with time-lapse videos. We'll post teasers on our team's social media accounts, hinting at a "big surprise" in the GM's office.

On the big day, we'll go live on social media as our GM walks into their jungle-themed office, with Buddy leading the way. The shock and laughter should be priceless! We'll capture fan reactions in real-time and encourage them to share the video far and wide. This prank is going to be legendary, and it'll boost our team's social media engagement like never before. #OfficeJunglePrank

197 words

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

Stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponent assumes that you expected us to lose but we stunned everyone by winning instead. Rude, but ok. This time I have to coach our way to victory as the overdogs and if we lose it will be stunning.

First step is to just score goals. Do not worry about the mice, they are too small to actually play. We aren't going to play down to their level. The force of our slap shots will take our opponents into the net with the puck. Any other approach is just a mind game where we've already lost.

There is really no other step here. We don't have to check because that will literally kill them. We don't have to block because they aren't strong enough to shoot the puck. Just take slap shots at the neck from the faceoff at center ice.

If we find ourselves losing this game, I will have some cheese in my back pocket to pull some mousetrap level shenanigans, but I really don't want to have to do that, so follow the first step, please.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Creative Prompt:

Well, this one is gonna be difficult. I guess now we have to basically take everything i said in the previous post about how we were gonna use our smaller size and speed to our advantage (which we did, very successfully) and turn that around and figure out how to take advantage of those things instead as our new opponents are gonna have those on us. I think that the lucky thing is, that these mice are absurdly small, as in how are they going to tend the goal small? Considering we will be using regulation size goals, every single shot we take should be an automatic goal if it's on net and high enough. I would bring the team together and let them know, top cheese only against these mice (no pun intended, jk very much intended). These guys will be fast and smart so we gotta really make sure when we have the puck, we are putting power and speed behind our passes and shots so that they will not be able to intercept it, even if they get in front of it. the velocity will just carry them backwards. we got this!

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

To prank the gm you obviously need to go bigger an bolder than just the mascot, and what bigger stage exists for a gm than the day of the draft. At the start of the day me and Pucky the whale get together and then pie Aleks in the face, forcing him to go back to his hotel room and clean up, and possible switch out his suit for the day. Next up before he goes up on stage when hes practicing for the pick, we will have him be told the wrong pronunciation for the name of the player. So when Aleks is on stage ready to announce the name we will unplug the microphone ruining the spectacle, and once they get it repaired the embarrassment will continue when he mispronounces the name of the player. All of this plus behind the scenes footage would be all over the teams social media which would bring a significant amount of attention to the whalers franchise.

PLAYER PROMPT:

As usual for the much loved and much appreciated monarch mascot tie in with burger king and their delicious food offerings, the only real prank that would extend its reaches across the social media world and enter true viral status online and around the globe would be to bring the good ole Burger King Whopper™ into the mix and replace not only the managers desk with burgers, but his entire office will be deconstructed, emptied and utterly replaced by nothing but whoppers. Chair, well that will be mostly just wheels, some wood to hold, you guessed it, whoppers. Desk? Whoppers, covered in them, also drawers, filled to the brim with whoppers. His cabinets? All whoppers, everywhere. Every single nook, cranny, gap, hope, surface, space, area... whoppers.... The floor even? Whoppers! I don't think the smell will ever get out, but really there is no way we can't get this going, between the team and burger king, it should be a pretty big hit. Maybe even some ad time on TV and stuff?