Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2023, 09:58 AM by sköldpaddor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that the "Story Mode" tag does NOT mean that you must make some overarching plot or tie your tasks together to receive TPE. You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Shoe On The Other Appendage

Written Task: After your stunning victory against your Proud Warrior Race opponents, you find yourself and your team of plucky aliens challenged by mice of unusual IQ. After a long-winded explanation of how they built the Earth as a supercomputer to yield the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, they want to experience this game that has emerged on their experimental planet. This time, your team has the size and strength advantage, but your opponents are very quick and have absurd hockey IQ. What's your gameplan to win this time?

Graphic option: draw your player dealing with the unwanted presence of a mouse.

PLAYER PROMPT - And now for the GM

Written Task: You and your mascot have chosen alliance in mayhem. With the blessing of all your org's decision makers except the one involved, you are about to prank your GM. What's your plan and how will you execute it to drive maximum social media engagement?

If you are your team's GM, prank your co-GM or any other teammate of your choice if you do not have a co-GM.

Graphic option: show me your GM's Xitter-worthy reaction to your scheme!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, August 21st at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S73, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT Pass

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Smarts only get you so far. You can be the smartest hockey player in the world but if you have no skill, then what good does it really even do? That is where we are going to be better. We are absolutely just going to brutalize and brute force the hell out of the mice in order to win. We will make the game so dumb and play so dumb that it is going to confuse them and they will just have no idea what they are going to even do. We are talking about putting 5 defenseman out there right from the start or pulling the goalie right away. That will surely confuse the master brains, so we will have the advantage. They are also going to be so smart and really cautious, so when we put them into the boards, they are going to get scared, nervous, and think better of actually getting in the rink. We are easily going to win this, there is no question about it.

Words: 171

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Written Task: You and your mascot have chosen alliance in mayhem. With the blessing of all your org's decision makers except the one involved, you are about to prank your GM. What's your plan and how will you execute it to drive maximum social media engagement?

Tom Pedersen and the Calgary Dragons' mascot had formed an unexpected alliance in the pursuit of playful mayhem. Their next target? The unsuspecting General Manager, who was about to become the center of a prank that would ignite social media engagement like never before.

The plan was simple yet ingenious. Tom would casually mention to the GM that there was a surprise press conference scheduled for the afternoon, something related to an important announcement. The bait was set, and curiosity would surely get the best of the GM.

As the press conference time neared, Tom and the mascot secretly prepared the stage. They rigged a giant balloon-filled net above the podium, just waiting for the perfect moment. The podium itself was modified with a hidden button that would trigger a confetti cannon blast, showering anyone standing behind it.

At the appointed time, the GM approached the stage with an air of anticipation. Cameras flashed, capturing every moment. Just as the GM began to speak, Tom skillfully pressed the button, setting off the confetti cannon and releasing the net of balloons. The unsuspecting GM was instantly enveloped in a rain of colorful confetti and balloons, much to the shock and amusement of the crowd.

The mascot, in full costume, leaped out from behind the curtain, playfully wielding a foam sword as if they were a knight in a surreal jousting match. The GM's initial surprise transformed into infectious laughter, and the entire arena erupted in cheers.

The prank was captured from multiple angles by the arena's cameras, ensuring every hilarious moment was documented. Social media accounts of both the team and players shared the video clips, accompanied by clever captions that teased the GM's good-humored response.

Fans and followers shared the posts with enthusiasm, sparking a wave of comments and likes. The unexpected alliance between Tom Pedersen and the mascot not only entertained but also fostered a sense of unity between the players, the team's playful spirit, and the fans.

In the aftermath, the GM embraced the prank with grace, even playfully vowing to get back at the duo in the most creative way possible. This promise only fueled anticipation among the fans, guaranteeing that the engagement would continue to soar on social media, making the Calgary Dragons the talk of the town.

Words: 382

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

SECOND PROMPT:
Lias and Stardust have joined forces. After their social media hit prank war begins to get a little stale and the public are clamoring for new content, Lias and Stardust cook up a plan to prank @Ace and @RashfordU by swapping all of their things. Every single thing. They are going into Ace and Rashford's offices, and switching all of the furniture, all of the pens and paper and printers and stuff, the wall decorations, the name plates, all of it. They have also enlisted just about everybody they can think of to carry out the prank with them - anyone who is asked is supposed to just pretend like Ace and Rashford have been in these offices all along, so basically we are just gaslighting the GMs in the name of the prank and everybody will think it is hilarious. Just when they are starting to suspect that maybe they were imagining being in the other offices all along, Lias and Stardust will move everything back to its original locations, and all of this will be recorded to be aired on social media later once everything is done.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Well this is going to be a tricky task, however I think you have to play to your own strengths and mitigate those of your opponent. Now, these guys have high hockey IQ, so it makes it tricky, but they’re quick. Trying to keep up with their level of speed will be almost impossible, therefore you have to slow the game down. Play a boring style of hockey and really keep the puck as much as possible. If they get it and start moving it around, we’re almost certainly done for.

You have to play something like the trap, have more than one person back and just attack when there’s an opportunity. Of course they are fast, so trying to get opportunities won’t come easy. I would suggest that on offense there are a lot of fake shots. They almost certainly will bite and the net will be empty since they move so fast.

And if all else fails, bring a bunch of cheese behind the bench and start throwing it out on the ice. This will distract them enough to score some goals.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Player Prompt - Written Task

Patrice Bergeron and Rene have teamed up to prank our GM @CapnCooper. This prank is going to be on the ice during a game in the next week. The plan is to have all of the players act like their controller died mid-game and just glide, allowing the opposing team to take advantage of our silly mishap. The Texas Renegades will be playing their normal game and all of a sudden they just stop causing the GMs to lose their mind as to why is the team not playing like they should. After the game, during the post-game press conference, the GMs would ask why did you all stop playing with any effort during the game. All fingers would be pointed to Patrice Bergeron. Now the spotlight is on Bergeron, when asked by the GMs he simply says that it was a team-building event where the veterans would trust in one of their rookies and show that they trust his leadership abilities.

Code:
162 words

[Image: McGriddy10.gif]
Credit to @KaleSalad, @Ragnar, @ValorX77, @sulovilen, and @enigmatic for my Sigs

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

ISFL Affiliate Claim

Creative prompt

Dear Diary, by now you should know that my life has completely changed. I've been with these hockey-crazy aliens for weeks (or months?) already and they worship me as their coach. By the way, we won our last playoff series by outsmarting our opponents. That won't work with our next opponents unfortunately, because this time they're the smart and quick ones. We still have the size advantage and just have to be careful not to take too many penalties - or worse, did I mention these are just tiny mice we're up against? Our only goal is to keep them alive and stay out of the box. Like regular mice these space mice also like cheese, so perhaps we just have one of our players not shower for a few days and that one will attract all the mice players and distract them while the others on the team score. Could work. We'll figure out the details in our strategy meeting this evening.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Graphic option: draw your player dealing with the unwanted presence of a mouse.

[Image: You_Doodle_2023-08-14T15_54_41Z.JPG]

[Image: sig-orwell.png]

[Image: LeBr8Bk.png]
thank you to sulo and enigmatic for the sigs!  Knights

Code:

Me and the Chicago syndicate are now working together to cause the maximum amount of chaos. We have the ultimate prank that will surely not backfire on me and cause me to get terminated from the team (or even the league perhaps). We will hire an actual mafia and get them to kidnap and the Syndicate players (the players will be in on this of course however), but the GM's will not be. The mafia will ask for $1 billion from the organization for the safe release of the players, if the demands are not met they will be kept in an unknown location that cannot be tracked down. There is plenty of food, water and the necessities/accommodation's in this facility where all the players are being held in, in fact there is a secret area in the syndicate home arena that this is taking place. We shall see if the GM's are willing to meet these ruthless demands or not for the return of the players.

(168 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Shoe On The Other Appendage:

After our previous victory we were in high spirits but this challenge is unlike the previous one we had faced, on paper an easy task but 1 that could easily blow us out of the water if we were unprepared for how slippery they can be. my first thought was to use our physicality to force the puck off them but its possible we can't catch them so simply with pure speed and being to small to catch with sticks without drawing penalties. This is when it hit me that our greatest strength is that they cannot defend against shots high because they are simply to short, so I would have the team practice shooting pucks in the middle of the net and higher and from about half ice as much as possible because every puck should go in without giving them much chance to fleece our players. Then on the flip side they should have almost no power to shoot high so we will have our goalie lay sideways with stacked pads covering the entire bottom side of the net so they cant shoot passed him.

Player Prompt:

You know what they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So I guess North and I will be teaming up now to prank our GM. Since North is a dog, I guess I will be doing most of the heavy lifting, like planning, organizing, and executing the whole prank from start to finish. North will purely be there for emotional support and belly rubs, she's the bestest goodest girl ever!

So for this devious prank, I have secretly pickpocketed the GMs office key from Fluw while he was busy in deep conversation with Badwolf during the last optional skate session. And now for the set-up, I have purchased a whole bunch of dummy keys (about 50 keys) and attached a label keychain onto them with Fluw's name and phone number on it. I drove around Yukon and the arena randomly dropping the dummy keys with the name and phone number on them in easy to spot locations. Good Samaritans will hopefully see the key and upon inspection call the number on the keychain and inform Fluw of the missing key they found. Since Fluw IS missing his office key he will spend countless hours receiving calls about a missing key which he will definitely follow up on since he can't get into his office. 

Maybe after about 1-2 days of this I will just unlock his office, leave the door open, and just leave the key on his desk.

247 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258