Create Account

S72 PT #4: They're Going Somewhere With This, Aren't They

Playing on the ice with the aliens he had been coaching serves little challenge to Jarrod Lakemore, who had used a very hands-on approach to coaching the aliens to begin with. During practices, he would frequently skate with them and often show them how to perform some fundamental skills on the ice. Indeed, because the aliens have learned how to play exclusively from him, he has little trouble fitting into their normal schemes since the entire team essentially thinks about the game the same way he does, as that is the only way they know. Often times players in team games fantasize about what it would be like to play with a team of their clones, not because they are so egotistical in believing that they are the best in the world (or universe, as it may be), but simply to have an entire team that is always on the same page and visualizes the game strategically in the exact same way. While this isn't quite the case here, it's pretty close and taking the ice with his alien players is quite an exhilarating feeling for Jarrod. He happily delegates bench duties to one of the more cerebral, though less physically gifted aliens and happily laces up his skates in anticipation of a game against the robots. (220 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 10:10 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

PLAYER PROMPT - All for one...

[Image: TexasClown.png]

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Player Prompt

I would chose to prank the atlanta inferno because the platoon have lost to them in the first round of the playoffs for like two or three seasons in a row now. I would prank their best player Angus McFife XVIII by giving him a grilled cheese with like fourty slices of cheese on it and tell him that it will give him super hockey powers. It would probably be really traumatic for angus because of the first cheese incident. i would also prank their best forward shoyo hinata by joining a team hinata gm's and go inactive in a third sim league (i'm really sorry gordo i swear i am not doing it on purpose) because third time's the charm. My final prank will be beating them in the playoffs this season because it has to happen eventually. i think that would be a really cool prank and they would find it funny too for sure.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

ISFL Affiliate 

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

The mice played some smart hockey, that's an undeniable fact. But smart hockey is no match for a team that's taking the ice like they're Jean Claude Van Damme's impeccable protagonist Frank Dux entering the Kumite in the seminal action classic Bloodsport. The mice playing smart hockey was no surprise, after all, they were the smartest animals on Earth (two ahead of us humans and one ahead of dolphins). The Earth itself is a testament to the intelligence they imbued in their supercomputer Deep Though which designed the supercomputer upon which we all live, known to us as the earth. Now they ask for a rematch of sorts using robots as proxies and they want me to play against them alongside my brethren in the bloodsport inspired martial sciences of the rink....

To this I must say, from the bottom of my heart...

Sure, sounds fun. Let me ask the team if anyone wants to sit out and be the coach for this one and make sure no one has to head out early then we can get going.

I'll be honest, Mikko has no idea what to do with Robots on his team or on the ice.  Do they even understand Mikko? are they designed to simply do what Mikko says? or will they do what they are programmed to do? wait, or is that the exact same thing?

So if Mikko is just simply here to player coach now, maybe its in his best interest to shake things up, and since he is the coach, maybe he can ask all the AI players to simply not get ready for the game, and thus be forced to bring back his old teammates to take the ice with him.  yeah, that should do it, Mikko has found the solution to solve the issue of the robotic players being on his team under the regime that is the Finn dynasty in the SHL.  Hopefully this can be the start of the revolt against the machine(s)

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Written Task: While the hyperintelligent mice are being cleaned off the boards with a kitchen scraper, the coaches of the mouse team pull you aside and, in squeaky voices vaguely reminiscent of sped-up recordings, tell you you're almost ready. Ignoring your questions, they ask you to take the ice with your team in a friendly match against some robots. They assure you the robots are not capable of lethal force and that the corporeal forms of their battered comrades were "disposable anyway", so no need to worry about anything as childish as revenge. How does your player's presence with your alien team change the team's dynamic? Will you be a player coach, or trust the alien you're replacing on the ice to take bench duties for this game?

I am pretty confident in an alien head coach to be able to coach the game correctly at this point. They have their insight into the game and have learned a lot form me. Speaking of me I am really excited to get back onto the ice, since being "asked" to coach this team I feel like I'm not at the top of my game, so getting to blast some robots sound right up my alley. The team has already seen a little of what I can do from practices and from them watching my games. The transition to player probably won't be seamless but I'm not too worried about chemistry, I know these players perhaps better then they know themselves. I'm not sure the robots not being capable of using lethal force really makes me feel that much better but I guess it's something. On the other hand I'll get to final find out the answer to the age old question...... do robots feel fear?

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

I would be pranking the Buffalo Stampede, I think for me personally they were the biggest rivals in our history as we played them a lot back in the day, and for a while, it seemed like it was either us or them winning championships currently. I would do a little bit of trolling in their home arena if we had to play against them in the playoffs, try to get them off their game, and make sure that they are focused on playing us and trying to get back to us. It would be quick, smart, and fast and something to get the entire team pissed off. We probably target their goalie so we could score more goals and try and make it a high-scoring game we have a high-power offense and will make sure that they will defend and be scared of our offense moving forward.

[Image: hallsy.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023, 01:40 AM by diacope. Edited 19 times in total.)

I swear that first question has been asked three times now but in alternate universes so I have to answer the second one which is also very familiar, people must love pranking on here Wink

To be honest Raiya isn't a prank machine and usually gets back at a person by doing the same stuff but since it's against our biggest rival she'll have to do some research for this one. When she recollecting pervious attempts on her favorite pranking T.V. shows like Impractical Jokers, Jackass, Uh Oh! the first thing she thought of was exposure so inviting the whole team or a local news team to record the whole endeavor was the first thing she needed to do to elevate things to the correct level, thankfully being kind of famous makes step one super easy and she already has an account on SimTube to get some hits. Now what type of prank would work best against a rival.. Definitely something that does damage and/or covers their body in a foreign substance and what would be better than ice cold water soaked up right after a game. Of course we would have to win the game in our home arena to not look like a sore loser and store it away to even pull this off but thankfully with this task it's all planned out before we hit the ice.. All Raiya really needs is a sick fit probably something that resembles a female Sonic and a case of trick ice cold Gatorade to lure a majority of the victims in a location she decides is best fit. No specific team rival currently since we've been near the bottom but I'm sure we'll figure that out next season when we try to surge to the top and start to do stuff like this.. Oh yeah and double ice for the defenders! Muhahahhah!!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

Now it is finally time for our team to prank our rivals in the most fantastic fashion. Our biggest rival is obviously the Kelowna knights based mainly on geography. So our first area of attack is showing up at the knights arena and replacing the knights logo in their dressing room with a Whalers logo instead. After that we will go find the pegs for the nets laying around, and make sure a couple of them disappear to disrupt their next practice just a bit. In a similar vein were going to super glue the bench doors shut just to make it a bit more annoying for them. We will also go find their equipment storage, and dull all of the skates just enough to be a nuisance. And as a final coup de grace were gonna go over to their trophy case and take a bunch of them. Then leave a ransom note saying we will only return them if the teams social media sends out a post saying Vancouver is the best team in bc.

[Image: Van.png]

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

The New Orleans Specters biggest rival would have to be the same division team known as the Chicago Syndicate. I mean, they face each other every single time the playoff season comes around each year, so of course they would be pretty big rivals, right? It's usually a wash each year in favor of the Syndicate each season though, so what better way to troll Chicago and its fans by having the New Orleans Specters... win the ever so common first round series between the two teams? Once again, it looks like Artturi Lappalainen is going to be doing some drugging of his team's water and sports drink bottles during their team practices and pre-game scrimmages. Surely a massive upset by the Specters in the first round matchup would absolutely destroy the Syndicate's morals and decimate their fanbase's faith in their hometown team? In addition, it pranks New Orleans' fans because after preparing themselves for another playoff L, they end up taking a fat win.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE -

Slip McScruff is definitely trusting someone else to take bench duty. He needs someone else to be to blame if they win or lose. If they lose, he expects his team to behead the coach in some kind of shame ceremony. If they win, he expects the robots to behead the coach in some kind of shame revenge ceremony. You do not trust the robots or the hyper intelligent mice who are on the same side as the robots. If Slip was hyper intelligent, he thinks he would lie to trick his opponents into a death trap.

It's likely that all of the sci-fi novels are actually true and thinking machines were outlawed for a reason. It's possible that the alien Slip is replacing on the ice is actually a mentat because he won't stop asking question upon question, which is further justification about leaving the coaching to him. As far as team dynamic, Slip's crazy ravings about spice and prime projections has strained communication on the ice, but he's a stay at home defender so the team can function fine around him.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]