Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

Option 1 Written Task: During each period of the hockey game, each team would have one opportunity to call the "swap stick rule" where there would be a designated time when players are required to swap sticks with a teammate. This would happen spontaneously, and players would need to quickly adjust to using their new teammate's stick for a set duration, perhaps for two minutes like a minor powerplay or penalty kill. Imagine the chaos as SHL players struggle to handle sticks that are too long, too short, the wrong handedness or have a curve they're not used to. It would add an element of unpredictability and hilarity to the game, as well as showcase the adaptability of professional hockey players. Of course, this rule change would need to be implemented carefully to ensure safety and fair play, but it could make for some entertaining moments on the ice and provide fans with a good laugh.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Option 1 / Written Task

If I could change one rule in hockey, I would make it so that there is no offsides rule. This would make games really funny, because you would have players cherry picking on almost every play. It would create some insane odd man chances and breakaways, and I could only imagine that scoring would go up a bit as a result. What would also be funny is how opposing goaltenders and defenses would get extremely irritated by this cherry picking, and I am sure the chirping and fights would go up as well. Now, the adverse impact is that when one team is cherry picking in hopes of a pass down the ice to the open man, it would basically create a powerplay for the team possessing the puck. Those powerplay merchants in hockey would start to see their chances even during even strength play. I think this rule change would make the game even more fun, while also making it even more funny.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

OPTION 1: I would make a change to what is the punishment for certain types of penalties. Penalties involving the stick, which high-sticking and slashing are probably the most common, would still result in the offending player going to the box for the duration of the penalty, but on top of that, it the said team would also face another consequence that would affect the team playing on the penalty kill during the duration of the penalty. The team would have to leave a stick on the bench for the duration of the penalty. On a regular penalty, that would mean a team being down to four men would only be able to use three sticks at a time and only two sticks if they are two men down. However, the stick would not belong to anyone in particular which means that the players on the ice could pass the available stick among themselves during the play.

155 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Option 1

You know how a lot of videogames have big head modes that you can put on to varying levels if hilarity (at least a lot of older ones)? Well I'm introducing the big helmet rule where players must wear a helmet that is at least 3 feet in diameter. People have been saying ow dangerous concussions are and how deadly CTE can be but how can you get hurt with a 3 foot helmet on? You won't even know when you're getting hit. People will be skating around and crashing into people that they can't even see, it'll be hilarious. Imaging watching McDavid skate through 5 defenders but to score but instead he's got a 3 foot wide beachball on his head. Hopefully it doesn't lead to people using those helmets as a weapon because of how much padding there is, we're definitely going to need to introduce some sort of neck support so people don't end their whole careers when the heavy helmet snaps their neck sideways.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

I believe the punishment for using ChatGPT to use point tasks would be to use it to rewrite the Bee Movie script word for word, with a few requirements.

If you use ChatGPT for point tasks, then you are of course EXTREMELY familiar to how to get it to write what you want, so the following parameters shouldn't be too difficult.

Parameter Number 1: You must insert player names from your SHL team for each character in the movie. That means Barry B. Benson? Might as well be Outdoor Truck. The lady who like divorces her husband or whatnot for a BEE? Their name is now Puddles O' Duck. Random Extra #16 in the party scene? That is now Towelie.

Parameter Number 2: Every exclamation from Barry B. Benson's bee character must include the tagline "This sounds like a buzzing sound to everyone, as he is a bee." Good luck adding that, Chat GPT.

Parameter Number 3: The script must be free from spelling and grammatical errors. That is right, you have to PROOFREAD THE WHOLE SCRIPT. BETTER HOPE YOU DID IT RIGHT.

This should dissuade anyone from using ChatGPT again.

191 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

[Image: guillotine.png?ex=6513a154&is=65124fd4&h...e3f1afde&=]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Rules are Rules?

I am not a funny person when I have to think of things on the spot. There are plenty of rule changes I would make on a serious note. My rule change would be against the referees! When a coach makes a coaching challenge and it comes up in favour of the coach and it proves the referee made a mistake, the referee should have to face some sort of discipline. Publicly announcing the fans after the call is overturned stating “I fucked up” would be a great start and would be a good moment for the fans to heckle the ref. Following the games, the refs should be fined depending on the severity of the mistake made. Plays that aren’t caught that referees have missed can also be brought forward by the league and the referee can face discipline for that as well. The games getting faster so let’s keep these guys/gals from getting complacent.

I do not do funny meme changes, because I take myself and sports very very seriously, anyone who's ever read one of my hot takes knows that. But in the spirit of the Rugby World Cup, I wonder how much chaos we could have in hockey if it adopted rugby's standings point system. For those who don't know, the rugby points system is 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw. However, the sport also has two bonus points - one if you score at least four tries (think touchdowns for a gridiron comparison) in a game, and one if you lose but keep the score within seven points. Adapting that to hockey is actually pretty easy - one bonus point for scoring four goals in a game, and a loser bonus point for losing by one. You want a setup that's gonna encourage offense? This will encourage it, all right. Let's get weird.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Sorry, as an AI language model, I am ethically programmed not to provide or encourage acts of violence, even those in a humourous fictional context. As such, I cannot expand on your prompt of "Describe the death march of cheating SHL users as they are led to Commissioner Lee's guillotine outside of the Head Office building after using language models to complete Point Tasks." I have provided below some alternative suggestions for humourous punishments:

There are a few different ways to tackle the ever-increasing scourge of SHL cheaters using ChatGPT and other AI language models to complete weekly Point Tasks. SHL Commissioner, Lee, has recently cracked down on such offenses by introducing multiple new and creative punishments.

1. Point Tasks must be completed in handwriting, submitted in image form, for one year.

2. Cheaters will be forced to listen to the worst goal horns around the league on repeat for several hours.

3. Users will be forced to engage in writing Gameday Threads in the format used in the days of SHL past, in a grueling and unnecessary feat of informing the site on the happenings of a particular game.

For the graders: the first bit is not actually me copy pasting from ChatGPT I'm just doing a bit I promise

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Raptors Barracuda

I think the rule i would change in hockey would be a very simple one. And would take the game back a whole 50 years with a bunch of big old morons trying to hurt each other. Take away boarding penalties. Add those earth shattering hit those career ending injuries. People hitting people so hard the glass shatters and players going flying into the stands. Promotes a more physical version of the game as well. no 5 foot 8 players going behind the net to score. Get those bone crushing earth shattering hits back into the game. while we are at it bring back the elbow hits. why not, dirty broken jaw plays over the blue line. Every player could go to lose a few more teeth and hav some more concussions. Those hard hits from days of old are back with these rule changes and hockey would be tougher and better for it.

[Image: smith2.png]

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2023, 02:38 AM by awils13.)

Prompt 2: Ah, the audacity of using ChatGPT for point tasks! For such a cheeky move, the offender must become the team's "Human Zamboni" for a day. Dressed in a ridiculous, squeaky-clean Zamboni costume, the guilty party will be tasked with manually smoothing out the ice during practice. But they can't use any tools; they must shuffle around the ice on their knees, "Zamboni-ing" as they go, with a small hand towel.
But that's not all. As they shuffle, they must also sing classic arena anthems like "We Will Rock You" or "Eye of the Tiger," substituting the lyrics to detail their own shame and wrongdoings. Example: "I used a Chat, got points like that, now I'm a Zamboni, a human mat!"
Failure to sufficiently smooth the ice or entertain the team will lead to another hilarious yet grueling punishment: composing and performing an interpretive stick-twirling routine that recounts the tale of their disgraceful actions.
The punishment will be considered complete only when each teammate lands a slapshot into a goal net that the Human Zamboni is holding, symbolizing the team's forgiveness and the offender's reintegration into the honorable league of simulation hockey warriors.
(No chatgpts were used in the writing of this response, I swear)

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Quote:Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

The funniest one I can think of off the top of my head is making the goalie play inside a giant bubble. You'd need to make sure they aren't wearing skates, of course, as it would just wind up puncturing the bubble and deflating.

The downside is that a plastic bubble would be much larger than the space that a goalie usually takes up. But the plus side is that positioning would become much more important as a goalie would no longer be able to move from one side to the other. Momentum would become much more important. I think it’d be interesting too to allow the opposing team to try and roll the goalie bubble out of the way to score.

Now that I think about it, I think you'd need to make the nets bigger at the same time. I’m also not fully aware of how a plastic bubble would play together with ice. Would you move better or worse? Would it slide, or would the greater surface area contacting the ice mean you’re actually more stable on ice than you’d think? This idea would require testing if it wasn’t insane enough to never try.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno