Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

ISFL Affiliate

If Hoang doesn't feel comfortable imposing on the efforts of his defenseman, he definitely wouldn't say a word of recommendation to the goaltenders on his team. There's a level of voodoo involved in what makes a goaltender confident and comfortable in net, and that voodoo cannot be messed with. The method to that madness is something all goalies have to work with as they move forward in their careers. A unique style, methods, and techniques fostered and built over hundreds of hours of game time. If someone not playing goal has anything to say, he should probably run it by the goalie coach first. Hoang's personal belief is that, if the goalie doesn't have recommendations for him and how he plays the game, it's only fair that that courtesy be extended to the goaltenders that he has played for. Thankfully, he's never had to give anyone advice.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Option 2

The first thing that Willow would trying telling the goalie is to simply stop letting goals in because that would help the team quite a bit. She doesn't quite understand how teams have goalies that just don't stop the puck, like surely there must be plenty of goalies out there ready to go who are able to stop the puck more often than the goalies not doing it. The second thing that Willow would ask of the goalies is to contribute more on the powerplay just because she really shouldn't have to do it all herself. Like imagine how much better the team would be if they had the goalie to help control passes at the points and give them a 6th skater on the power play. Now granted Willow has never played goalie so she's not that sure of how the position works but she's confident if they follow her ideas they'll improve the team tenfold.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

above all else, i think it is absolutely imperative that our goalie try to stop the pucks when the other team tries to shoot them into our net. we've got a line there that marks whether the puck is "in" or "out" of the net, as it were, and the best strategy found for sure is to keep them "out" ! there's some give and take here between me a defenseman and our goalie, a goalie - the better i (and we it's not just me we have so many other legends on our team like angus mcfive and puddle of mudd and true rookie Sim Wen @Jepox) play on defense, the better our goalie will look, and the more pucks our goalie stops, the better our defense looks. truly two peas in a pod and with similar goals (haha or should i say objectives, since we actually don't want goals! @goldenglutes) it's no wonder we get along so well. Plus our goalie is Alexis Texas who is known for having quite the ass and i reckon that helps her stops some extra shots too!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

Being a goalie isn't easy. In fact, it's pretty damn hard. I've tried it a lot. I'm an excellent ball hockey goalie and I used to be fairly good at ice hockey while being between the pipes when I was about 12-17. That was 12-17 years ago though! Cigarettes and lots of food happened. I've quit smoking, but I still remember the days of playing some drop in, playing for about 15-20 and then laying on the ice on my back with a smoke in my mouth, absolutely dying. Up, down, up, down. Them legs feel like a barbies melted by a fire afterwards. Pure rubber! So the thought crosses your mind... how do you make it easier?

Well, give your D-men some bigger leg pads for starters. Them pucks coming at you at high speeds hurts to block, but if you feel it less, you're going to block more. It helps the goalie out huge. Maybe we can even make them out of some nano fiber carbon material to make it light, easy cost effective and hard enough to feel sweet, fuck all. Next? Change the goalie gear. In fact, fuck it. Make it the nano fiber carbon material that we're going to use with the player pads, except we're also going to transition from the material we use now, to something a little lighter. They'll mostly look the same, but they're going to feel slightly different. Then? Why not add some technology in them. IDK what yet. USB cords, bluetooth maybe for some helmet music.. maybe we can add it all to the goalien helmets too... AND a microphone and headset so the goalie can let his boys know in front of them.

THE END

My player has a great relationship with their goalie, however things could be a bit better for my player if the goaltender cut back on a few of their odd habits. I am all for keeping with your traditions and staying true to who you are. However, does a goaltender really need to be back there eating grilled cheese sandwiches during breaks in the play. Just wait until intermission and eat your grilled cheeses back there. There’s been some times where it seems like my player and his line have found themselves in a slippery situation because the netminder fumbled the puck and gave up a nasty rebound because his hands were too slick from the butter on the grilled cheeses. Now, I love a good grilled cheese too. But for my player’s sake, it would be great if the forwards weren’t getting into so many grilled cheese related battles over the puck in their defensive end. Games might go the other way too, some of those losses could be wins instead.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

For part of The Kelowna Knights invitational Jr Camp they hold every year out of Kelowna they get kids too try and hone in on certain traits Durkburg is an Aggressive playmaker he doesn't quite got the size but he's got the determination too get better and be best version of himself day in and day out he wants too be that changing factor for some of the local youths and the best thing ever would be able too see a young kid he put work into and gave great advice too shine and make a own path for themselves and coming too rise to the occasion. Daniel Durkburg had mentors growing up that always pushed him mainly his older brothers who always have his back but sometimes it happened too him as well when he got his meeting and had pro take him too side and try too hone on in certain skills for him with the game of hockey

Quote:
Citadelles

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

ISFL affiliate

OPTION 1 - Graphic

I made a home and away jersey and and logo for Honduras!

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote: OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

With the help of the defenders of the Winnipeg Aurora, Jarrow has successfully moved into his new living space during the regular season. The loft, although filled with Jarrow's things, still needs some finishing touches to make it feel like a home. Something he is terrible at and relies heavily on others for help. So the call was made and Rebecca and Bandit came over to decide what needs to be purchased.

Although Rebecca complained that the purpose of this was for on-ice improvements, Jarrow hand waived away the complaint and proceeded to point out that there was no stipulation in the wording. So Rebecca begrudgingly proceeded to flick through the design catalogue until she picked out some sparkly pink curtains for the living room.

Now with the apartment 'up to code', thanks to the help from the defenders and goalies of the Winnipeg Aurora. Everyone enjoyed a free beverage and a slice of pepperoni pizza as a thanks for their aid.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Getting into some games with local youth is the core of what this game is all about, it's how even the most prominent and dominating players have started their careers and how millions of kids still experience it every day - and also what lots of adults think of when they remember better, carefree days. So we gotta make this as special as possible for everyone involved, both the kids participating in my camp and the local youth players they are going up against. It should be inclusive so that skill and performance isn't the be-all and end-all, but still competitive enough for people to get something out of it in terms of their personal development as players and to also show respect to the other side. I think the kids from my camp, who are very talented and dedicated but had a lot less time and opportunity to refine their skills over the years, would struggle against the top youth teams in Edmonton, but could probably hold their own against the middle of the pack.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

PBE AFFILIATE PT

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Option 2
[Image: EAfYtKM.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]