Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

[Image: S73-PT-3.png]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

[Image: lS6HYFF.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

ISFL Affiliate  (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

The kids were so excited after egging HFFO's car, they said it was the highlight of their trip so far. Egli is enjoying having them around a lot more than he ever thought that he would. Which is why he is incredibly nervous about their game tomorrow. The Blizz staff organized a friendly game between the Jamaican Youth Hockey Camp and a local youth club from Edmonton. These kids have put so much time and effort into their game, and they have improved so much. But let's be real, they are going to get absolutely crushed by even the worst house league club.

Egli tried his best to prepare the kids, hew told them that what to expect and not to let it being them down - and you know what? Those wonderful little fuckers didn't care in the slightest. They got killed 15-0 but had the time of their lives doing it. 

Egli was so proud of them that he surprised them with a few dozen more eggs and a limo ride after the game for a drive-by egging of HFFO's car again.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

With the kids that are visiting us up in buffalo one things that we train very diligently here is agility. This is something Nash spent a lot of time doing growing up and its very important in hockey. Separating yourself from the opponent you need to be fast but also need to be agile. One thing we get our players to do is move with some explosive power side to side and get their feet moving lighting fast in order to move quickly. We also get them to do mental exercises and have them dial in their focus to block out anything else going on. When you can master these few skills it really tends to elevate your game to another level. Hockey requires skills in so many different disciples and its not just raw strength. I hope that the kids visiting from out of town will take a page from our book over here in buffalo.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PBE affil PT

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Listen, its easy. STOP. PUCKS. I'm going to work these fools on the blue line, I'm going to lay by body on the line and make blocks. I'll take a penalty to bail my goalie out if need be. But when my goalie gives up 9 goals what am I supposed to do!? I can only produce so much offense from the blue line. But I digress.. my goalie isn't so bad. You know what would be really awesome is if the backup goalie started doing stuff like getting me coffee in the morning. And not just any coffee I want coffee from the Toronto's goalie and my former teammate Rhett Carpet, who is also a goaltender. Maybe if the backup could also get me lunch every once in a while maybe just like 6 or 7 days a week that would be really cool too to add to his "role duties" Go cuda, chomp.

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

Jarrod Lakemore would never dream of telling his goalie, Casey Fantobens, what to do to make his game easier. In Jarrod's eyes, Fantobens is a golden god who can do no wrong. Lakemore remembers well his rookie season in S72, when Buffalo finished a distant 3rd in their division to absolute powerhouses Montreal and New England. Just getting to the Conference Finals would require going through both of those juggernauts and Buffalo was a mere afterthought as pundits salivated over the thought of a Conference semi-finals clash between Montreal and New England. Instead, it was Buffalo who advanced in stunning fashion, sweeping not one, but both of their opponents enroute to an improbably cup victory. There was no doubt who was responsible, as Fantobens put up ridiculous numbers, shutting down multiple powerhouse offenses that seemingly outgunner the relative average Buffalo scorers by a substantial margin. While Buffalo was able to continue to put up decent numbers offensively, it was largely down to Fantobens keeping their vaunted opponents to 1s and 0s on the scoreboard that fueled Buffalo's run. After that, Lakemore knew he would always believe in Fantobens between the pipe and would never, ever question him. Instead, it is Lakemore who asks his goalie how he can help his game. (214 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

As a goaltender, Bernard Lodge is willing to do whatever he can in order to make life easier for the skaters of the New Orleans Specters. Obviously, the best thing he can do for them is to stop as many shots on goal as he can, but that is not always possible. During games, Lodge makes sure to give some extra focus to his rebounding and passing to ensure that his team starts their possessions as smoothly as possible in order to give them a better chance of scoring a Specters goal. In addition, Lodge makes sure to go all out in practice so that his skaters are getting quality repetitions when they take shots at his net. One final thing that Lodge does is to watch extensive film on the goalies of opposing teams to key his teammates on how to best approach taking a shot on upcoming tendies. His teammates seem to appreciate this as the veterans give him advice on particular skaters that he has not played against before as a rookie.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Option 1 - graphic

Austria Jersey

[Image: image.png?ex=65484620&is=6535d120&hm=bac...f6182254&=]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

As a defenseman, I really just need my goalie to do one thing… stop pucks. Of course, he knows that is his job so I do not frequently need to remind him. On the other hand, there are additional things that he can do to help me be an even better player. Other than stopping pucks, communication is a huge boon when used correctly between a defenseman and a goaltender. If my tendy can let me know when I am in the shooting lane, screening them or have missed a backdoor streaking winger, I’ll often be in better position to make good plays (or be out of the way to allow the goalie to make an easy save).

The other thing that I really want a goalie to do to help me play better is to add a few compliments to our daily interactions. Tell me I look cute or that my new style looks great. Sometimes, a little friendly complimentary talk can bring morale up just enough to make us all successful in front of the nets.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Option 2: It is pretty damn obvious that the only thing a goalie needs to do is stop pucks. That would make my every game a hell of a lot easier. As long as they stop every single shot then I don't have to worry about scoring so much. I could focus more on just hitting people into the glass. I could even drop the mits more often and punch some guys in the face. The coach would t be able to get mad since our goalie would simply stop all the shots if we got a penalty. I have to be more tame now, since everyone is so concerned about special teams and all that. If our goalie would just stop it all I could have some real fun. I guess it would also help if the goalie could do some sick saucer passes to clear the zone and get me more breakaways, that would be dope as hell.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France