Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection

Prompt 2

Look at how sad the Jets are in real life, it's clear that a strong locker room is important to team success. If the players hate each other than there is no chemistry and then there is no winning. It's important to have people that can hype up the locker room and keep the comradery going. That is Jay O'Neil's job as captain of this team, and after losing three finals in a row he started to feel that he was bad at it but he learned and got good enough at it to finally win a championship. Jay has gotten good at hyping up his teammates to get wins, if we're down in the game he can bring people up to start the comeback and if we're winning then he's gotten good at getting his team to finish the job. As captain, Jay needs to be able to get everything out of his teammates so they can win last year and try to win back to back this year

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Elena is not the kind of person who gives big speeches or even talks at all. She tries to lead by example so she does what she has to do and kinda hopes people will want to follow her. Since she's not much of a talker, her teammates have deducted that she must be a good listener, which she is. When one of her teammates isn't doing so great or is frustrated about something, they'll go talk to her and she'll give them encouraging nods and chinese cookie level words of wisdom. More importantly, she keeps all those conversations to herself so no matter who asks her about something one of her teammates told her, she'll say her english sucks and she didn't understand a word they said. Since she speaks in pretty broken english for real, it's usually enough for her teammates' friends, family members or other teammates to leave her alone. An unburdened by personnal problems teammate is a more efficient teammate.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

ISFL Affiliate

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Option 2:

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

Sometimes you REALLY need that push to reach your full potential. That's just for one individual. When it comes to an entire team, it's a whole new ballpark. That's a lot of players. That's a lot of moving parts and you really need to be on top of things. When it comes to the Scarecrows, well, it's basically just that. They scare the living piss out of you. Fear is one the best things to motivate someone to do something... sometimes... but in this case, it works really damn well. In fact, just last week, the general manager of the St louis Scarecrows was seen skating around the ice during practice chasing the guys with electric cattle prods. Do you think that's bad? That's nothing. We've heard rumours that one day he actually put small little fireworks on the back of their skates so he could "teach them how to skate faster while also having control when... not having control". I guess that's why players like Konig Wolf are so fast with the puck though!

What's coming next for the team to unlock their potential? Who knows, but basing it off the above, it's surely to be good... for our entertainment.

Option 2 / Written Task

I believe that one of the things I excel in to unlock the potential in my teammates is the ability to get everyone to openly communicate with each other. Whether it is in the locker room in the middle of a close game, or during a team bonding activity in the off-season, I really do believe that I have an ability to get my teammates to want to talk about anything. This can be about struggles personally, or about major accomplishments. Regardless of what it is, I believe this ability to get my teammates to open up makes for better team chemistry. That ability to hear about each other's lives off the ice, makes it so that we trust each other more on the ice and in critical situations. Throughout my career, I have seen the strong benefits of having open communication amongst teammates, and it is my hope that I get the same from my teammates in Texas.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

ISFL Affiliate

PBE PT Kahn on PBE

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Hoang prides his ability to be a facilitator despite the threat he poses by himself, his playmaking ability and unassuming personality make him uniquely approachable by younger players tentative to get their game up to full speed for any number of reasons. Though Hoang may be young himself, being able to handle the speed of the game at the SHL level, his calm demeanor in tough situations, and his presence-of-non presence in the locker room mean he has the right materials to make him an important tool for the coach of the Monarchs if another player doesn’t seem to be in the right place. It’s been an important season for the Monarchs, the first time expectations have been placed on the team, and a crucial piece of that formula is the secondary scorers, Hoang in particular, stepping into crucial roles and situations effectively. All season, he’s proved that and more.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

OPTION 2: GRAPHIC

Viktor hanging out with Pride teammate Walter Sobchak (@scudmuffin19) at the yearly QCC alumni bowling night (neither are impressed).
[Image: fWKPm0J.png]

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 1

To prepare the youth team for the big tournament, Jaromir Jagrbomb has split the tactical system into three equally important sections: physical tactics, mental tactics and on-ice strategies. The key element to the physical preparation is to preparing the team for the first five minutes of every game. It sets a tone and the team has to be sharp from the get go. That’s why the team will have a high-tempo warm-up before each game. The mental strategy can be summarized in one sentence: “this is just hockey”. No matter how the games go, when the players go home, they will still have their friends and family who will love them, no matter what. Hockey isn’t a matter of life and death. That’s why on the ice you can just enjoy and do your best to achieve the maximum result. There’s nothing to lose, but there’s a lot to win. The on-ice strategies also support the mental aspect, as the team is encouraged to creativity, especially offensively. The defense system is very simplistic zone defense, but on the offense the team is allowed to try crazy things. They will have plenty of time for more in-depth tactical systems when they grow up, but now it’s time to enjoy and do different things, even if it sometimes doesn’t work out.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Option 2:

Being the son of a coach, Atticus typically knows the right things to say at the right times. He knows how to inspire hockey players in general, but especially his teammates. Having played with many of them for several seasons, he knows what makes them tick, what puts them on edge, and what puts their minds at ease. In crunch time, the team will rally around the encouraging and inspiring words of a coach. However, when it comes to picking someone specific up or just getting a little extra drive out of them, Atticus is the one to do it.

I think Atticus Hale excels at getting that extra 1% out of players; that extra fire deep down that his teammates might not even know that they have. That boost of adrenaline that takes you from being down and out to a force to be reckoned with. So even though time is slowly eating away at Hale’s physical skills, he’ll always have that innate ability to get the most from all the players around him.

[175 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

With the big international tournament just around the corner, Billy Herrington is getting his youth squad pumped up and ready to roll. He's all about keeping things straightforward and effective. Teamwork and communication are right at the top of the list. Billy wants his young players to gel on and off the ice. That means chatting it up, having each other's backs, and knowing what the teammate next to you is gonna do. He's also big on positional play. Everybody's got a role, and they need to know what's up in different game situations. It's all about keeping things structured and playing to each player's strengths. Quick transitions are a must. They're practicing those fast breakouts and nifty defensive setups. You never know when the game's gonna flip, and they've gotta be ready. Special teams are in the mix too. Power plays and penalty kills get some special attention in their training. Gotta be sharp in those situations to get the upper hand. And while they've got a system, Billy's teaching them to be adaptable. Hockey's all about being flexible and adjusting to what's happening on the ice. As the tournament approaches, it's all about drills that drive these ideas home, sharpen individual skills, and boost the kids' confidence. They're not just learning the system; they're getting ready to rock it in the heat of the competition. The goal? A tight-knit team that communicates well and can handle whatever the tournament throws their way.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Affiliate PBE PT

Johnny FourStar is an excellent motivator for those around him. He can understand what it takes for someone to excel and motivate them to reach that potential. For example, Johnny once convinced Marty Dubois, the king of back alley hockey, to work up the nerve to ask his boss sleepy Joe for a raise. Marty needed that extra pay bump to be able to afford his kids travel hockey dues. And he deserved the recognition for all of his hard work making the quarterly sales targets. All Johnny had to do was convince Marty that he had the confidence all along to ask for what he deserved. And sleepy Joe is a real sweetheart at his core, he will give Marty whatever he wants because marty is so important to his bottom line. Understanding what those arpimd you need to be at their best is a really important skill, and Johnny excels at bringing the best out of his family, friends, and teammates.

(163)

Faced with the idea of a more tactical game, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen was blunt - they would be doing more of the same, relying on their clear offensive talent, speed and guts by pressing counter-attacks regularly. He wouldn't bore them with heavy tactics that would probably fail to be caught up on given he wasn't exactly dealing with players with much experience nor of the mindset to hear too much and thus kept things rather simple.

Considering their status as a massive underdog, they would also play without expectations which also meant that their tactical style could actually work even better as they could pressure teams with larger backlogs and plans into committing mistakes and eventually, domination on ice. It would be interesting to see a refugee team do this well in such a sport but nobody would be giving them much in the way of chances so it's probably for the best that they exploited that very much out.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR